Does Ass Kissing help or hurt in the game of life?

CHOPTALK

EOG Veteran
Do you think people really fall for ass kissers?
Do they move up the food chain faster?
Or does ass kissers get in trouble in the long run getting promotions they are not qualified for?

I guess I am somewhere in the middle.
Im far from an ass kisser, but I am capable of talking it up when I need to.

Pure ass kissers make me sick.
You know the kind that laughs at every lame joke that there superior tells.

Cant stand those types of people.

I wish there was a way you could see the average salery of ass kissers vs the average pay of the non ass kissers.

The Devil

EOG Master
Re: Does Ass Kissing help or hurt in the game of life?

my wife has my tombstone picked out.....

it says:

"HE NEVER SCREWED ANYONE, BUT HE NEVER KISSED ANYONES ASS"..............

WVU

EOG Master

ass kissing has it's time and place, but not in everyday life

most definately in everyday life it helps. Can't say I subscribe to that theory, but that how things work, especially in the business world.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

It may help you in the game of life short term, but you lose long term as the people around witnessing it lose all respect for you. Especially if you try to come across as an internet tough.

Should they put The Shrink's face on Mt. Rushmore?

OF...2938u4ji23

It may help you in the game of life short term, but you lose long term as the people around witnessing it lose all respect for you. Especially if you try to come across as an internet tough.

Should they put The Shrink's face on Mt. Rushmore?

OF...2938u4ji23

I can think of a few more faces that around here that are huge suck ups

WINBET

EOG Dedicated

There's too much of it nowadays.2938u4ji23 These forums have gone right down hill since the Days where you could pick on a dopey Poster and have a feeding frenzy of abuse:+whipping with even the Mods joining in:houra, its more like a Nunnery Today :devil: :cheers

panther

EOG Dedicated

if you own a biz

you have kissed some ass at some point

not that you have to make a habbit of it

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Only the old timers will remember this, but wil, head mod of the sheep and lemmings was the biggest ass kisser of The Shrink at the rx. I mean total brown noser. Like a little lap dog. The most famous ass kiss post of all time was when he was following The Shrink around in threads and proclaimed, yes folks, that is The Shrink, The Man, The Myth, The Legend. His nose was so far up The Shrink's ass he could smell what he had for dinner the night before. And look where he is now.

OF...:pop:

Bugman

EOG Dedicated

It certainly seems to help in many cases, at this site for sure.

I've lost out on a few opportunities in life b/c I wouldn't kiss up, but I'm happy with where I am & how I got there. To each his own on choosing his path....12io4j2w90

phoich4

EOG Addicted

Its hurt me a couple of times because I refused to do it and my collegues got away with everything. They were eventually left with no frineds and the butt of all jokes in the office in the end though.

So to answer your question I think it does help but I just can't seem to do it...yet.

Angelsfire

EOG Dedicated

If you like kiss'n ASS, you'll need this..

Ass Kisser Breath Spray

Angelsfire

EOG Dedicated

Then there's this if you get really, really good at it..

IGAMBLER

EOG Addicted

Ass kissing must work, look at how many people are doing it.

CHOPTALK

EOG Veteran

Looking at it from the other angle. I hate it when people try to blatently kiss my ass.

I have never done any favors for people when they do.

mofome

Banned

ass kissing is dreadful. just treat people well and then being honest/sincere will be good enough.

Not burning bridges and treating people with respect goes much farther than kissing ass.

EOG Enthusiast

I would have to say it helps in your "Professional Life" bosses love it. Every ass kisser I know does mediocre work but always ends up holding a higher position than most all the other workers. So....It helps.

If you are a man with a woman in your life, a little ass-kissing never hurts :devil:

Journeyman

EOG Master

There's too much of it nowadays.2938u4ji23 These forums have gone right down hill since the Days where you could pick on a dopey Poster and have a feeding frenzy of abuse:+whipping with even the Mods joining in:houra, its more like a Nunnery Today :devil: :cheers

Very true! Most mods pull the switcharooney when they get hired, the best are those who stay the same....why fake it? They were hired for the poster they were not some projected piece of Oscar Meyer.

Apple

Banned

Only the old timers will remember this, but wil, head mod of the sheep and lemmings was the biggest ass kisser of The Shrink at the rx. I mean total brown noser. Like a little lap dog. The most famous ass kiss post of all time was when he was following The Shrink around in threads and proclaimed, yes folks, that is The Shrink, The Man, The Myth, The Legend. His nose was so far up The Shrink's ass he could smell what he had for dinner the night before. And look where he is now.

OF...:pop:

Very interesting.. Wil an ass-kisser, would of never thought that..

Apple

Banned

Very true! Most mods pull the switcharooney when they get hired, the best are those who stay the same....why fake it? They were hired for the poster they were not some projected piece of Oscar Meyer.

Yeah dude, its fukkin annoying when a person gets a promotion and then changes 2938u4ji23

WVU

EOG Master

There are very few mods who are not ass kissers. TT and Hoffa come to mind

Ass-kissing hurts you in my opinion. There is nothing wrong with being friendly, helpful, caring, etc.

I think the biggest difference in being an ass kisser or being sincere is simple and often noticed by anyone that is a good judge of character.

An ass kisser is another word for bullshitter in my book. The truth usually comes out before long. People who are genuine get things done and ass kissers just talk.

waco

EOG Dedicated

I am so glad there are no ass kissers here. Other forums, yes, but not here. We don't believe in it

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Not to get too far off topic, but could I give this to the best asskisser of the forum? It's what he got from 2 months worth, a fitting avatar.

Hopefully he won't fuck this up like a wet dream, or everything else he attempts.

OF...:cheers

Blondie

EOG Master

Ass-kissing hurts you in my opinion. There is nothing wrong with being friendly, helpful, caring, etc.

I think the biggest difference in being an ass kisser or being sincere is simple and often noticed by anyone that is a good judge of character.

An ass kisser is another word for bullshitter in my book. The truth usually comes out before long. People who are genuine get things done and ass kissers just talk.

Excellent points Chandler. Sometimes there is a very fine line between the two and it can take a while to figure out which one a person is... :cheers