Fukudome and Soto showing why fans shouldn't vote

Re: Fukudome and Soto showing why fans shouldn't vote

Fukudome is a good player, and he is excellent at working counts, and drawing walks. That said, he is far from a top 3 outfielder in the NL.. Cub fans do vote so ridiculously.. Did you know, going into the last week that Mark DeRosa was slightly ahead of Dan Uggla for 2B voting.. i dont know if Uggla was selected on or more people voted late to push Uggla over the top, but give me a fucking break.. Uggla has like 26 jacks. The Cub voting bias was ridiculous.

Soto does have big numbers, still belongs behind McCann.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Soto is the best NL Catcher.... And not only have the Cubs hitters struggled but basically both teams. Moron

Soto is the best NL Catcher.... And not only have the Cubs hitters struggled but basically both teams. Moron
Soto is better than McCann? Show me that.. Show me Sotos track record from the past, and also show me how he is better this year,..
I probably will be waiting on this one for quite some time.

2pac

EOG Senior Member

Fukudome started red hot but now that teams have full scouting reports on him, his average has dropped like a brick in the ocean. The guy has an OPS in the 700's. PATHETIC.

Soto is nowhere near as good as McCann or even Martin for that matter. I would also put Bengie and Doumit in front of Steroid Soto.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Soto is better than McCann? Show me that.. Show me Sotos track record from the past, and also show me how he is better this year,..
I probably will be waiting on this one for quite some time.

Mccann... 96 hits, 50 1b, 27 2b, 18 hr, 53 rbi, 35 bb, 42 k, .302 avg, .377 obp

Soto... 91 hits, 50 1b, 24 2b, 16 hr, 56 rbi, 42 bb, 84 k, .288 avg, .369 obp

The offensive stats are basically identical. Besides K's.... Soto is MUCH MUCH MUCH better defensively, so yes SOTO is the better catcher.

Mccann has given up the 3rd most stolen bases in ALL of MLB. Soto has thrown out 15/43 baserunners, compared to Mccann's 18/59

shoebox

EOG Veteran

The offensive stats are basically identical.

In what world are those stats identical??? LOL

The offensive stats are basically identical. Besides K's.... Soto is MUCH MUCH MUCH better defensively, so yes SOTO is the better catcher.

Mccann has given up the 3rd most stolen bases in ALL of MLB. Soto has thrown out 15/43 baserunners, compared to Mccann's 18/59
mccann has thrown out 3 more runners than soto in 16 more attempts.. those stats are extremely close.. also, mccann plays in atl, a pitchers park, and a lazy fly ball leaves wrigley.. also, mccann does it every year.. soto has no track record. we'll see if he improves or if they figure out how to make him a 260 hitter. we already know what mccann is dont we?

Hitdogg42

EOG Dedicated

Will you stop with this bullshit, have you seen them stealing second tonight like it's a bronco league game.....

Soto's hitting stats are nice, but hell he plays in one of the TOP 5 hitter friendly parks in the NL as well.....And FUCK a jappy is a worse selection than Varitek.......

Hitdogg

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Will you stop with this bullshit, have you seen them stealing second tonight like it's a bronco league game.....

Soto's hitting stats are nice, but hell he plays in one of the TOP 5 hitter friendly parks in the NL as well.....And FUCK a jappy is a worse selection than Varitek.......

Hitdogg

Did you see the jumps they got on the pitcher? :doh1 :doh1 :doh1 :doh1

shoebox

EOG Veteran

What stats arnt basically identical? Besides K's? Avg doesnt mean shit when OBP is only 10 pts difference imo

McCann leads in ALL of them, besides the 14pts in Batting average and half the K's what else are we looking at? AL has 4 steals in 6 innings and havent even had that many runners on.

saying soto is the best catcher in the nl is like saying jerome walton is the best outfielder in the league because he put up some good stats and got rookie of the year... a few years later, out of baseball . show me more than 5 months of results before you starting anointing someone the best in the league. at least let me see the rest of his 1st season. brian mccann is the best catcher in mlb, and its not even close. he has a track record. i would take soto over martin, but it debateable... the nl is weak on catchers, especially ones that hit. the al has plenty of catchers that can hit.

2pac

EOG Senior Member

Refute this, 5 star:

Geovany Soto is on steroids.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

McCann leads in ALL of them, besides the 14pts in Batting average and half the K's what else are we looking at? AL has 4 steals in 6 innings and havent even had that many runners on.

Soto leads rbi and walks, and is tied in walks... everyting is so close pretty much besides k's... practically identical

Yea he has been terrible on the road... but amazing at home, it balances itself out
actually it doesnt "balance itself out," this stat indicates he needs a small park like wrigley (hitter friendly) to take advantage .212 on the road is a really poor number.. also, scouts are developing a book on him,,, lets see it he is pure as you claim..

texansfan

EOG Master

why bc Fuku dominates at home? ummm ok... 2348ji23e

Yeah, it's dumb. So I guess the pitching, ballpark, other players have nothing to do with it? If you take him away they would be a bad home team?

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Yeah, it's dumb. So I guess the pitching, ballpark, other players have nothing to do with it? If you take him away they would be a bad home team?

his .348 avg and .450 obp at home is a huge reason to the Cubs success at home. So yes it evens out that he struggles on the road bc he is dominant at home. Thats all I was saying

d ray

EOG Dedicated

mcCann is alot better the Soto.

let's be a bit more realistic please. Stop it with your Cubs love. I love the Cubs as well, but saying Soto is better then McCann is silly.

d ray

EOG Dedicated

and fukudome had no business being in the all star game.

jacksorbetter

EOG Dedicated

Fukudome swings like a girl softball player. I bet Cat Osterman could strike him out as well.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

mcCann is alot better the Soto.

let's be a bit more realistic please. Stop it with your Cubs love. I love the Cubs as well, but saying Soto is better then McCann is silly.

look at the stats dumb fuck. they are basically identical. at soto is a hell of a lot better on defense. you are the same dumb fuck that said the cubs didnt have enough to get Harden. You dont know shit about the Cubs

5 star bomb

EOG Master

i agree fuku shouldnt be in the game but there are many others that shouldnt either... varitek is the worst player there

d ray

EOG Dedicated

you don't know your head from your ass, McCann strikes out half as much as Soto.

McCann is a proven player.

Soto's been in the league for what....4 months?? You're a fucktard.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Wow, you are clueless. There is a guy named Russell Martin that is WAY better than Soto.

nice call you fucking idiot!

Soto now available in my leagues Fantasy Free Agent list... :finger004

actually it doesnt "balance itself out," this stat indicates he needs a small park like wrigley (hitter friendly) to take advantage .212 on the road is a really poor number.. also, scouts are developing a book on him,,, lets see it he is pure as you claim..

now who is the dumb fuck you infantile idiot?