I JUST ORDERED A BLACKBERRY!!!!!

Re: I JUST ORDERED A BLACKBERRY!!!!!

Just got my curve last week :cheers

It's like a new girlfriend, can't keep my hands off of it

I've had mine for about a Month, I'm already "thumb prolific" don't know how I ever lived without one.

:cheers

Yeah, we definitely need an "EOG to go" version.

After about 15 to 30 minutes of trying to navigate the forum on mobile, it become VERY frustrating

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

i think im officially the only person left in the US that doesnt even have a cell phone...people are already calling their reg cell phones obsolete, and i havent even had one yet..

A week ago, I knew NOTHING about Blackberries and how they worked. Luckily, it's so simple, even a caveman like EGO can do it :thumbsup

Blondie

EOG Master

A week ago, I knew NOTHING about Blackberries and how they worked. Luckily, it's so simple, even a caveman like EGO can do it :thumbsup

UGH I am TRYING to behave tonight, and yet you just HAND them to me 2348ji23e

(biting tongue ) I am so happy you were able to figure it out Ego 91023i2ndw;l

i think im officially the only person left in the US that doesnt even have a cell phone...people are already calling their reg cell phones obsolete, and i havent even had one yet..

i buy the throw away cells 91023i2ndw;l but i still use a motorola v60 , had it for years

going to get a new do it all one soon

I got my blackberry today and I will activate it tomorrow..

I will go to store so they can save all my numbers and hopefully teach me a little...

WEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:party

Blondie

EOG Master

That is probably a good idea :)

That way you can ask any questions while you are there

We may not hear much from Shrink this weekend, boys and girls :hurray

Shrink,

You will like it alot. I have owned a blackberry for almost 2 years now. It is great. The internet isnt the best, but other than that it does everything I need. Be sure to read th book because it has alot of shortcut features such as holding down a button to capitalize letters, etc.

I use the calendar, memo pad, and address book all day long. I have over 400 numbers stored and would be lost without it. It is GREAT for email. You should get them to set it up so you can receive emails on it. You can add a few existing email addresses and also get one from blackberry too.

Be sure to back-up your files every now and then. I learned that the hard way. 2348ji23e

You will like it for sure. I need to upgrade mine soon. I have the full qwerty keyboard but it is a model older than yours.

:cheers

Hey Chandler,

You have to use the USB cable and actually hook the Blackberry up to the computer to update it, right???

Ego,

Yep. It comes with the cable and the desktop manager and the device manager. You backup the files thru the downloaded cd that comes with it.

I actually use my blackberry for my modem when I am on the road. You can pay 30 bucks a month and use it anywhere. I use it on vacation, in the car(when I'm not driving), and even at home when my modem is down. You just hook up the USB cable to your computer and your phone and use your laptop and the phone is the modem. Pretty fast too.

I am actually using it right now because I am waiting on my new modem from my local service provider. Mine went out a while back and they keep telling me they have a new one comming out that is super fast so I am patiently waiting.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

shrink, just to say it, you can't make a pie with a black berry....good to see you getting with the times you old bastard. :)

Ego,

Yep. It comes with the cable and the desktop manager and the device manager. You backup the files thru the downloaded cd that comes with it.

I actually use my blackberry for my modem when I am on the road. You can pay 30 bucks a month and use it anywhere. I use it on vacation, in the car(when I'm not driving), and even at home when my modem is down. You just hook up the USB cable to your computer and your phone and use your laptop and the phone is the modem. Pretty fast too.

I am actually using it right now because I am waiting on my new modem from my local service provider. Mine went out a while back and they keep telling me they have a new one comming out that is super fast so I am patiently waiting.

OH

That's what that CD is for :doh1 Figured it was just a tutorial for people too lazy to read the book

Thanks Chandler :cheers

and the book did not tell you this? :pop:

I dunno

Too lazy to read it :+textinb3

Thumbed thru a few pages of it and then said "F IT", I got a warranty. If I break the thing, I'll say my kid got a hold of it

Blondie

EOG Master

I dunno

Too lazy to read it :+textinb3

Thumbed thru a few pages of it and then said "F IT", I got a warranty. If I break the thing, I'll say my kid got a hold of it

and you were making fun of Shrink and how he would break his... :pop:

If I end up breaking it, it's not like I'm gonna come on here and make a thread saying "I broke my Blackberry"

I'll go to the AT & T Store, get it replaced, and you guys will be none the wiser about it

Blondie

EOG Master

If I end up breaking it, it's not like I'm gonna come on here and make a thread saying "I broke my Blackberry"

I'll go to the AT & T Store, get it replaced, and you guys will be none the wiser about it

Well at least you have that part of the idea down :cheers

Ego,

There are alot of good downloads for it too. I will try to get them for ya. One is a browser that allows you to use the scroll wheel as an actual mouse. Its pretty neat having a mouse instead of highlighting everything you scroll over.

It is Opera Mini. I will get you the details. It works great with the pearl, but works with any of them.

Blondie, do u have a blackberry or are you just gonna have to set up the shrink's for him. :doh1

If the later is your answer, make sure a raise is in the near future. 91023i2ndw;l

the curve has an option to mouse the trackball but its a bit cumbersome

k-1,
Have you tried opera mini? It works just like a reg computer mouse and can zoom in on any part of the screen. I haven't used the curve personally but talked to some who really liked the opera mini browser with it. It may be similar to what you are mentioning tho.

on your handheld, go to operamini.com. you can download it there for free. Once downloaded, it will be a red O on your homepage. Let me know what ya think about it. A good friend of mine has all kinds of downloads. He works as a tech for Verizon and works on blackberrys and knows way too much about cell phones. He makes me feel dumb. :doh1

I will try to get some of the good downloads from him tomorrow.

Pretty cool I was able to navigate and bet online off the blackberry using the program.

Nice to know I can wager over the internet on my handheld

A true degenerate must!

Yep, I forgot about that part. Probably the most important one... There are no pop ups blocked and no blocks to sites! Thanks for reminding me why I downloaded it.91023i2ndw;l

Blondie

EOG Master

Ego,

There are alot of good downloads for it too. I will try to get them for ya. One is a browser that allows you to use the scroll wheel as an actual mouse. Its pretty neat having a mouse instead of highlighting everything you scroll over.

It is Opera Mini. I will get you the details. It works great with the pearl, but works with any of them.

Yes I do.

and nope that is Ego's job. I just get to read the report when Ego is done :pop:

I got my blackberry today and I will activate it tomorrow..

I will go to store so they can save all my numbers and hopefully teach me a little...

WEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:party

Anybody heard from Shrink ???