Can the Royals sweep the A's in Oakland for the first time in 20 years?

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Bannister is a gas can waiting for a match but the A's have a severe power outage. They have superstunk since the break and judging by the Harden trade and the River Cats they have mailed this season in. They have no pop in the farms and only one good arm they already brought up, Braden, the lefty. Chavez may be done forever, and Sweeney is out also. Now you can just pitch around any decent guys and former stud Crosby is stuck in a disaster rut coming off the dl. They are hurtin for certain as normally they have some pop on the River Cats and the cupboard is bare there. I think Bannister actually looked better than normal last time out, and the A's are falling and falling. This will be the test, how bad are the A's hitters. If they can't hit Bannister, they are truly punchless.

OF...:cheers

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Re: Can the Royals sweep the A's in Oakland for the first time in 20 years?

Lousy Bannister keeps this from being a decent play. Yesterday the A's had a lineup with 1 guy batting over .300. the other Sweeney at .302. Even worse only two more guys are over .250, Suzuki and Gonzalez. They had 8 guys take at bats batting .250 or less. Crosby is mired in a .139 slump since coming off of dl. Chavez made this team go, and Sweeney is better than Cust at DH. Even there team leader RBI guy Brown is falling apart as he has barely hit the ball, batting miserably and an anemic 13 RBI's last 2 months. And he still leads the team. With all thier big bats out, and a team that is way too young, they need a solid batting coach. But they have Ty Van Burkleo, who is soon to be letgo. Guy had a MLB career BA of .132. The .230 over the last 35 games is getting close to him, and they are dead last in AL overall. Royals hitting ball well, have a lot of pop A's don't have and are on a 4 game road win streak. I'd say value dog, especially run line against anemic A's.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Lineups have Royals starting catcher as Olivo instead of Buck. They seem to be phasing out Olivo, and he is stinking it up batting .148 in July. 1 RBI 4 hits in 27 ab. Worse yet slugging is .148. Huge dropoff from hot Buck. Just thought I would let you know.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=left border=0><TBODY><TR class=wagerhistpendingentry><TD>Straight </TD><TD>921</TD><TD>KAN( B Banniste/ S Gallaghe) </TD><TD>+137</TD><TD>Listed</TD><TD>$500.00 </TD><TD>$685.00 </TD><TD>481357</TD><TD>07/30/08 12:32P</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Both teams suck. Royals lineup today sucks too with Pena in there. Can't argue taking the plus money. That A lineup is just awful.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

One strength of the Royals is having two solid catchers. I disagree with Frog's assesment of Olivo. Solid catcher, and super solid backup catcher. lot's of pop. Not just saying that because he came through today once. He is a legit threat.

Pena on the other, chipping right in with a K. That guy could never play again for KC as far as I am concerned. Never seen an organization with a worse shortstop situation as KC. This goes well down into the org as well.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Brad Ziegler going to play a key part of this one I would imagine. Can the Royals be the first team to ever score off this guy? Have a sneaky feeling it might happen. No reason for that feeling however.

In a side note, Bannister doing it with mirrors. Baserunners all over the place. Not sure what happened to him. He is too bright a pitcher to be struggling this bad.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

I don't trust anyone but Mahay in the pen to get it to Soria. Take note.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Both Ramirez not the worst in the world, especially Horacio. Mahay is the real deal though. Only pitched an inning last night. Should be able to give them one today as well.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

that ziegler is unreal. Just comes in and puts out the fire in a hurry.

WINBET

EOG Dedicated

I dont think anyone can argue that Frog posting his opinion is what People wants. :houraand although Ive had run ins with Royal, he's worth more than general tit for tat. Royal giving his opinion is an olive branch to Frog and if these Two get together with their opinions, We will probably be seeing them together on TV. Well done both of you. :cheers

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Not surprisingly, nunez melting down.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Mahay puts out the fire. Hopefully he pitches the 8th.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

13 singles.... :+excited-

I've never seen a team that doesn't hit for power AND can't play small ball and move runners. Weird.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Hopefully Ramirez has his control today. He scares me a lot. Don't trust a guy whose command is iffy and whose best pitch is a "power change up" whatever the fuck that means.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

ziegler now 30 innings pitched in his career without giving up a run.

OK, so now who comes in to close this bitch out?

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

OK, so now who comes in to close this bitch out?

Soria, one of the best in the business. Arguably, the only good player on the whole fucking team, besides Mahay.

Woohoo!!

Nice call Froggy!

I owe you a fine cigar when we finally meet.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Woohoo!!

Nice call Froggy!

I owe you a fine cigar when we finally meet.

I got a nice 5 pk from Cuba via Spain. Looked a lot like those. I have one left.

Was a decent dog, punchless A's still get no RBI's, slump and lose. Game under and A's team under also hitting. No xtra bases at all. They have no power in that lineup and are waiting for Big Hurt to be not so hurt. Won't be a fave upcoming road trip, but might find a play or two here and there. That was fun...

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

We owe our guy Wes Bankston a cigar also. He revisits the farm all of the time, just got called up last couple of weeks and goes 2/5 in NY on adrenneline. Next 6 games 0-20. Guy was 0-5 today and left 8 lob. I'll cheer for him went he gets sent down again. The farm depth, or lack thereof is killing this team.

We owe our guy Wes Bankston a cigar also. He revisits the farm all of the time, just got called up last couple of weeks and goes 2/5 in NY on adrenneline. Next 6 games 0-20. Guy was 0-5 today and left 8 lob. I'll cheer for him went he gets sent down again. The farm depth, or lack thereof is killing this team.

I thought Billy Bean was the second coming of christ?

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Always had the farm well stocked, I have seen them all come up, even Zito. But now the farm is brutal, just like I said first post. There is no pop at all. This guy killed them. He was ofer three with guys in scoring, making third out every time. But they sold off the entire staff, bought Chavy for long, and he may be done. This is the worst I have seen the River Cats in some time. And as you saw today, it can make a difference. The rest of the A's were hitting everything, as Bannister was his usual gas can self. Other teams pitch around everyone to get to this guy. Brown still no RBI's. Too many holes for a singles hitting team. And River Cats are no extra bases either. Billy had a remarkable run of luck refilling the cupboard, but now it is bare. You can't guess right forever. This Ziegler guy is a stud for sure. He's good for 2 scoreless innings every three days like clockwork. Today he went season long 3. I was pissed he came out for the 8th inning. Next.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I forgot, this was not a play thread, it was open for discussion. Yes they can.

OF...91023i2ndw;l

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Can get within 10 1/2 if Sox lose tonight. Get them this weekend at home with no bannister.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Well, won't have to wait long to cheer for our pal Wes. He got sent back to Sac right after the game. I will have a few nice 0-20 comments for him at Raley Field. They sent him, and another farmer, Eric Patterson back down to feed the chickens. They are claiming the big hurt, is not hurt. But I think he is not hurt, but spent. Didn't Toronto find that out? But the A's are so desperate, they will pay small money for anything not coming from the River Cats. He went through a simulated game Wed and did not hurt himself swinging the bat vs. Foulke. So he is ready. Here's a funny A's/River Cats stat for the farmers returning home. They went a combined 0 fer 30. Their last 30 ab. They got Patterson in the Harden trade. He fit right in for the 3 games he played, and now is a proud River Cat. Boooo.

Well, won't have to wait long to cheer for our pal Wes. He got sent back to Sac right after the game. I will have a few nice 0-20 comments for him at Raley Field. They sent him, and another farmer, Eric Patterson back down to feed the chickens. They are claiming the big hurt, is not hurt. But I think he is not hurt, but spent. Didn't Toronto find that out? But the A's are so desperate, they will pay small money for anything not coming from the River Cats. He went through a simulated game Wed and did not hurt himself swinging the bat vs. Foulke. So he is ready. Here's a funny A's/River Cats stat for the farmers returning home. They went a combined 0 fer 30. Their last 30 ab. They got Patterson in the Harden trade. He fit right in for the 3 games he played, and now is a proud River Cat. Boooo.

The A's on their upcoming road trip should be great fade material, no?

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Bear in mind they just dumped two guys who were 0-30 combined. Anybody including the big worn out hurt could beat that. No longer be playing value dogs against them either. Short answer, not today.

OF...:pop:

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Today is the day to revisit this thread for a EOW play (s). But I must pick strawberries and raspberries first and make coffee for Sunday morning family breakfast.

OF...:pop:

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

The A's have continued to flounder, can't hit for shit. Yesterday power outage special Brown had a 2 run hr in the first inning, that was it. Game before 1 run. It does not matter, who they face or where, they can't score. In fact the last 5 games, they averaged 2 runs per game, not exceeding 3. And that was against some questionable pitching. Now the anemic A's have no one left to trade, and are going through farmers and scrubs, trying to find anything that resembles power. Better yet, they get to face Dice K. He got lit up by the hot Halos last time out. But he is an awesome bounce kind of dice. Plus, the Halos have a lineup with very little room for error, not pitcharound city. Dice's other July efforts allowed 2, 0, 0 and 1. If he can dominate any lineup, this is it.

I have watched his counter pitcher Braden feeding the chickens on the River Cats. He has a nice 4 pitch menu, relying on his fastball on the lower part of the plate away from hitters. His change is pretty nice, as is his curve. He uses sliders and curves a lot against lefties. Does not make a lot of mistakes, and can pitch very well in front of hostile crowds. The A's pen is slipping fast, as Hudson Street is ineffective. Not that they need a closer, as they rarely are even tied late. They do have amazing streak Zig going, he may get some action today as A's were blown out after 3 yesterday. So today I like A's un 3 1/2, up to -1.20 juice. And the game un 9. The team total should be 2-1 ratio over the game total.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

I think you should start a thread in the baseball forum. Good to see you are learning from me though, going to team totals and such. Things that can be beaten. About time you big dummy.

Plus, you can just start a new thread again if the first one sucks. That way people know how many units to play on your stuff, or more likely how much to fade you for since you can no longer win.