Dodgers havent had a power hitter like Manny in a LONG TIME..

Apple

Banned
Manny Ramirez is exactly what the Dodgers needed.. Its been years since the Dodgers had a power hitter like this..

mofome

Banned
Re: Dodgers havent had a power hitter like Manny in a LONG TIME..

They did, however, used to have my friend Steve Scmoll.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Manny Ramirez is exactly what the Dodgers needed.. Its been years since the Dodgers had a power hitter like this..

who would u say was the last? i crack up everytime i think about who leads the dodgers orginization with home runs

Except Manny is on the downside of his career, and has a poor attitude. Also, he can be pitched around much more so than in Boston. Looks like another terrible pickup by the Dodgers. Overpayed veteran whose game is in obvious decline. Along with Juan Pierre, Nomar, Andruw Pig, add Manny to the roster. Just because you have money, doesnt mean waste it. The Red Sox are the winners of this deal: Jason Freaking Bay, what a pickup, a young stud with 10 solid years ahead of him.

Journeyman

EOG Master

EDDIE MURRAY

In fact Lasorda said Murray was the best player he ever managed.

That park has had a way of diiminishing player offensive numbers, especially over the past 15 yrs.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

would love to see dodgers make playoffs instead of dbax

I'm hoping for the best, but the Dodgers have had terrible luck with trades and free agent acquisitions.

I hate to disappoint Dodger homers, but get used to seeing Manny at 26 HR's a years and hitting around .280....

The Devil

EOG Master

HELL OF A TRADE FOR THE DODGERS.........AND I DON'T THINK THE RED SOX GET HURT ONE BIT....................

THE PIRATES WILL BE REBUILDING FOR THE 27TH CONSECUTIVE YEAR..........

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Except Manny is on the downside of his career, and has a poor attitude. Also, he can be pitched around much more so than in Boston. Looks like another terrible pickup by the Dodgers. Overpayed veteran whose game is in obvious decline. Along with Juan Pierre, Nomar, Andruw Pig, add Manny to the roster. Just because you have money, doesnt mean waste it. The Red Sox are the winners of this deal: Jason Freaking Bay, what a pickup, a young stud with 10 solid years ahead of him.

Sometimes I don't have to post, someone else does it for me. I think big Papi had a lot to do with the quality of pitches he saw, and the green monster does not come with him. Plus this is a pitcher's league. No DH for him. He could really be a huge bust. I think the downside here is tremendous.

OF...:cheers

I agree, money wasted.

I just dont see it. Even though Manny is GREAT. The Dodgers will still not be a factor.

Bugman

EOG Dedicated

Wait until Manny hits a few balls that would get out in many parks, but gets caught just shy of the track in Dodger Stadium. He will turn into a whiny lil' biatch & likely find a reason to go on the DL.

Dodger Stadium = The place fly balls go to die.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

karros holds the dodgers record for most home runs

There's been some good ones through the years.

Steve Garvey, Ron Cey, Reggie Smith and more...

Wait until Manny hits a few balls that would get out in many parks, but gets caught just shy of the track in Dodger Stadium. He will turn into a whiny lil' biatch & likely find a reason to go on the DL.

Dodger Stadium = The place fly balls go to die.
and now Dodger Stadium = the place where the elderly ballplayer goes to cash in and lay eggs.

durito

EOG Senior Member

Do the dodgers get the option to pick up the last two years of the contract? They were gonna waive that if traded to Florida.

If not, he may be gone after the season.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

i just hope he gets hurt and rehabs in AAA, so i can go and see him 91023i2ndw;l

i realize there are some amazing dodger homers on here. but colleti is just continuing to do a poor job of getting the right players. he has wasted so much money on nothing instead of building up more pitching and continuing the youth movement. kemp, loney, ethier, martin etc are all exciting and young players that you can build around.

they should be getting younger and more deep rather than looking for "flash".. fantasy and statistically speaking, the dodgers would have been better off spending 1/8th the money spent on manny and grabbing an aubrey huff.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

i realize there are some amazing dodger homers on here. but colleti is just continuing to do a poor job of getting the right players. he has wasted so much money on nothing instead of building up more pitching and continuing the youth movement. kemp, loney, ethier, martin etc are all exciting and young players that you can build around.

they should be getting younger and more deep rather than looking for "flash".. fantasy and statistically speaking, the dodgers would have been better off spending 1/8th the money spent on manny and grabbing an aubrey huff.

there is nothing left in their farm system, its terrible... if they can deal manny at the end of this year for some potentiol players and restock the farm, then dealing for manny today might be the right move, if they are starting him in 2009, its definatly gonna bite them in the ass

there is nothing left in their farm system, its terrible... if they can deal manny at the end of this year for some potentiol players and restock the farm, then dealing for manny today might be the right move, if they are starting him in 2009, its definatly gonna bite them in the ass
that was the point im making. for all that money they are spending for these old turds, they couldve bought and traded for a bunch of young prospects and guys on the way up like Nate McLouth... now, they've cornholed themselves... or Coletti has Cornholed them

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

What you will be hearing frequently at Dodger games.

Manny Ramirez gets a hold of one, way back, back, caught at the warning track.

OF...:cheers

Apple

Banned

You guys are making me feel worse about this trade..

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

As you should, the Dodgers most likely got burned big time by a player past his prime, good for the league he was in, the players around him in the lineup and the parks he played in. He just lost that all.

OF...:pop:

Bugman

EOG Dedicated

Shawn Green hit 40+ HRs twice for the Dodgers..

2001 : 49 homers, I couldn't find sortable #'s.

2002 : 18 homers @ Dodger Stadium, 24 on the road.

His best "power" years were 98-2002. Isn't it odd that so many players had their greatest power numbers in these years. Hmmmmm, what's the connection here ?

ballwonder

EOG Master

Wonder what Zona is thinking with the Dodgers 1 game behind them and the Dodgers now have landed Manny.