McCain DHL issue could cut 10,000 jobs in Ohio

Spytheweb

EOG Addicted
Barack Obama's presidential campaign claimed that the general election had reached a critical turning point this past week after it was revealed that John McCain and his campaign manager had helped facilitate a merger that could result in the loss of thousands of jobs in Ohio.

On a conference call with reporters, Obama's campaign manager David Plouffe said news of McCain and Rick Davis' involvement in the DHL deal was "the most important development of the entire campaign this week" and would convince voters in the critical swing state that the Arizona Republican was far from his maverick image.

"He was there a month ago in this community and was asked a question about this DHL issue and did not say one word about his role in this or the role of his campaign manager. That is the furthest thing from straight talk that we can imagine," said Plouffe. "John McCain can become an emblem for people about what is wrong with Washington. He released an ad this week about how Washington is broken and how he will strive to fix it. He didn't mention that he has been enmeshed in a broken Washington culture for 26 years or that his campaign is run by the most powerful, now former lobbyist in Washington."

Prior to the press conference the Obama campaign released a harsh new radio ad blasting McCain for his role in helping "foreign-owned DHL buy a U.S. company and gain control over the jobs that are now on the chopping block in Ohio."

On Thursday, the Republican presidential candidate called on the Justice Department to launch an investigation into DHL's plans to puts its packages aboard the planes of a rival, United Parcel Service. If that deal is to go through (with UPS flying its cargo out of Louisville, Kentucky) DHL's shipping hub in Wilmington, Ohio would be effectively closed, eliminating up to 10,000 jobs.

On the conference call, Plouffe was forthcoming about the political advantages that he believed the revelation presented.

"He has spent several days now dogged with questions about this," said the campaign manager. "His appearances in Ohio were completely overshadowed by this. And by November 4 in the Cincinnati and Dayton markets this is something that is going to be known by every voter in this area."

Obama's : http://obama.3cdn.net/b80f67dbc6480b5057_0tm6va8pw.mp3

Re: McCain DHL issue could cut 10,000 jobs in Ohio

DHL, the US division anyway, is an underperforming unit.
They cannot compete with Fed ex, UPS, nor the USPS.
I know two people that went to work for DHL and
they said it was a joke. Management mistreated and lied
to employees and the infrastructure was not properly
put in place for the company to be efficient.
This, by the way, is the second time DHL has
tried to get a tow hold in the US market. They failed
the first time and will probably fail again.
DHL should fold they hand and withdraw from the
US market again.
Nothing McCain has done or will do has any bearing on
the lack of market share and performance(or lack of) by DHL.

I would wager to say that you know very little about DHL or
their history in the US market.

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

..And what does this have to do with one of McNUTS' lobbyist-handlers involved with DHL?? Are you saying the guy is responsible for a conflict of intertst--or JUST giving bad advice and then lying about it?? Either way..NOT good for McNUTS!!! When lobbyists run a campaign,this will ALWAYS happen! Wait til more comes out about THAT fu*king scumdog, Chalee Black, McNUTS" chief strategist...the pig who is involved with working with the Saudis!!

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

Before you bad-mouth,why not just go on their website and read,as I did, they are the world-wide LEADER in international shipping-much bigger than Fed-Ex world-wide! They are growing,not failing in the US market!! Your comments are less than true-based on what I just read!!

Last edited:

Before you bad-mouth,why not just go on their website and read,as I did, they are the world-wide LEADER in international shipping-much bigger than Fed-Ex world-wide! They are growing,not failing in the US market!! Your comments are less than true-based on what I just read!!

They are not even close to being a leader in the US market.

My reply is about the US MARKET!!! They are constantly
outsourcing work to Fed Ex and the USPS.
I bet I can find 20 negative articles for every positive
article about DHL AND THEIR SERVICE IN THE USA.
Once like this:

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="BlogTopicTitle">The Plight of DHL</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="Text12px">Posted on: 1.9.2008 9:53:40 AM Posted by dan</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="padding-top: 10px;"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="Text12px">Based on our article, "What if... The Plight of DHL," what are your thoughts, predictions and concerns.</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="98%"><tbody><tr> <td>Comments:

</td> </tr><tr valign="top"> <td bgcolor="#ffcc66"> <table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td> Wednesday, January 09, 2008 11:56:21 AM by Anonymous

AHHHHHHH, Down to two major private carriers - not good.
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td></tr><tr valign="top"> <td bgcolor=""> <table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td> Wednesday, January 09, 2008 1:38:25 PM by Brian, Orlando Florida

Besides DHL being owned by a foreign government (DP) which I don't understand, it was only a matter of time before the Germans realized that poor and inconsistent service leads down the road of ruin regardless of price. I have never had any success with DHL or AE in my 15 years of logistics work. Service counts more than anything else, bottom line.
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td></tr><tr valign="top"> <td bgcolor="#ffcc66"> <table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td> Wednesday, January 09, 2008 1:46:11 PM by Anonymous

Inevitable. DHL's service is so poor they haven't been worth considering for some time anyway.
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td></tr><tr valign="top"> <td bgcolor=""> <table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td> Wednesday, January 09, 2008 1:46:27 PM by Anonymous

DP is an example of a high performance culture, led by Dr. Zumwinkel, this is an organization that rarely misses marks in planning or execution. However, in this instance, they must improve on performance to compete. The market will not accept an alternative that cannot perform.
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td></tr><tr valign="top"> <td bgcolor="#ffcc66"> <table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td> Wednesday, January 09, 2008 2:07:32 PM by Joe M. Capleville TN

If DHL was horse, it should have been taken out back & shot a long time ago!!! The shipper's customers see the carrier as an extention of the shipper. If the carrier (DHL) fails in their delivery, then the customer may view the shipper as failing the customer. This means the customer doesn't get their package, the shipper loses the customer, and DHL loses $2 dollars. And if the customer is really pissed, DHL loses another $2 on the return shipment!!!
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td></tr><tr valign="top"> <td bgcolor=""> <table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td> Wednesday, January 09, 2008 2:19:17 PM by Dan O

I do think DHL was (is) in the process of recovering from their service failures resulting from the hub mergers. The service failures were widely publicized to the shipping industry. That's a pretty big hole to dig out of - once you "do somebody wrong" they are slow to forgive. The last thing a shipping manager needs is to have to explain the failure of service by their choice of carriers, to upper management ? best to go with a proven commodity.

All that being said, if DHL pulls out of the US market (even in a small way), the loss of a major carrier will not bode well for shippers.

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td></tr><tr valign="top"> <td bgcolor="#ffcc66"> <table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td> Wednesday, January 09, 2008 2:58:06 PM by Anonymous

I would never consider using DHL. I look at the couriers, caps backwards, sagging pants, very un-professional look, not to mention the beat up vehicles.
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td></tr><tr valign="top"> <td bgcolor=""> <table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td> Wednesday, January 09, 2008 3:06:14 PM by Anonymous

Does anyone remember RPS??? Terrible service, losing money, etc. etc. etc. DHL is far from perfect and not up to the same standards as UPS & FedEx... but still not a bad as generally believed to be. The fact that leading financial analysts are expressing concerns..?? They should when annual losses touch the billions! Even with the large loss, the DP division with DHL USA still have shown a 2% growth in revenues for the 1st 9 month of 07 (and that's with a 1.2 Billion infrastructure investment).
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td></tr><tr valign="top"> <td bgcolor="#ffcc66"> <table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td> Wednesday, January 09, 2008 4:11:05 PM by Anonymous

DHL Is a good serivce provider, not the best, but good. Plus competition is healthy. How else is it that FedEx and UPS have gotten better in recent years and more competitive? Clearly the answer is DHL. There remains a lot of work to be done in the USA for DHL, including driver and vehicle appearance, commitment to the customer etc. I am sure DHL understands that the Airbonre days are "history" and they need to compete on the quality level of a global DHL today. It's tough, but we cannot afford to loose them as a service provider in the USA.
Probably Zumwinkel was a littel too optimistic or even impatient, maybe pushed by the analysts. Just rember how long it took UPS to grow their European netwrork and the 10's of Billions they invested into it! Rome was not built overnight. FedEx has had their own difficulties in other countries - it's a tough business. But I sincerely doubt DHL will walk away from the USA too much to loose for them and for the US shipper.
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td></tr><tr valign="top"> <td bgcolor=""> <table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td> Wednesday, January 09, 2008 7:36:36 PM by Anonymous

To say there is only two carriers left is very short sighted. The USPS is very competitive in price and offeres delivery confirmation with or without signature. Priced a 7lbs package UPS and it was $13.32. I sent the same package using USPS Priority Flat Rate for $8.95. A 50% savings. When the author makes an incorrect statment in one respect, how much of the rest of the article is speculation instead of fact?
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td></tr><tr valign="top"> <td bgcolor="#ffcc66"> <table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td> Thursday, January 10, 2008 6:27:02 AM by Anonymous

DHL needs to go back to the basics, work with one area at a time. Correct service, go out talk to the customers see what they need.I was with DHL twice, like the airlines, set goals, reward employees who make the goals get rid of the weak links to the USA operation, even if you have to ruffle some feathers. Look at the big picture, you are working for a company trying to make a difference in the shipping business. Its as easy as that! Look at what a company like TNT Worldwide Express did. They downsized to nothing and it damaged their International business. Also look at Purolator Courier did twenty years ago.
JOE M. ATLANTA,GA.
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td></tr><tr valign="top"> <td bgcolor=""> <table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td> Thursday, January 10, 2008 12:53:58 PM by Anonymous

We use DHL extensivly - I think they do a great job.
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td></tr><tr valign="top"> <td bgcolor="#ffcc66"> <table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td> Thursday, January 10, 2008 1:40:04 PM by Anonymous

FedEx started the overnight small package business, Airborne followed (poorly) and 15 years later UPS came in (well). U.P.S. made FedEx more competitive, then FedEx got into ground and made U.P.S. better. Remember when ground was not guaranteed, In fact now ground is hurting the air business. LTL used to have no commits, tracking or guarantees. FedEx got intoLTL and it is a better service. FedEx made UPS better, UPS made FedEx better, I dont think Airborne/DHL made anyone better.
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td></tr><tr valign="top"> <td bgcolor=""> <table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td> Friday, January 11, 2008 3:50:24 AM by Anonymous

I'm a online retailer who uses DHL exclusivly. I too have never had any major issues and think they are much better than UPS and FedEx.
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td></tr><tr valign="top"> <td bgcolor="#ffcc66"> <table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td> Friday, January 11, 2008 8:45:51 AM by Anonymous

I gave DHL a shot in 2007 for two weeks, of those 2 weeks 3 no shows/no call. Like a new employee who doesn't show up, I fired them. No work, no pay. No wonder they are losing money.
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td></tr><tr valign="top"> <td bgcolor=""> <table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td> Friday, January 11, 2008 1:12:27 PM by Anonymous

DHL is awesome I smoke a blunt with my driver everyday and wash it down with a 40
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td></tr><tr valign="top"> <td bgcolor="#ffcc66"> <table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td> Friday, January 11, 2008 4:48:26 PM by Anonymous

I agree with the person that stated that DHL really didn't make any of their competitors better. FedEx and UPS improved each other through constant competition at HIGH LEVELS. For those that have had good luck with DHL, I'd ask you to consider for a moment - are they capable of helping your business grow. When you look 10 years into the future, do you think they'll be there helping you be successful? If your answer is yes, then you haven't called UPS or FedEx lately and really looked at everything your carrier can do. We went through this process 2 years ago. Took some time to change senior managment's outlook, but our carrier (we chose UPS) has helped us improve overall processes, not just shipping. DHL just doesn't have what it takes to get to that level.
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td></tr><tr valign="top"> <td bgcolor=""> <table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td> Friday, January 11, 2008 6:52:15 PM by Anonymous

Gawd, what utter nonsense. Has Parcel Magazine actually taken the time to make their own assessment or is this a gossip magazine now?

DHL is heavily invested in the US market. UPS lost money in Europe for 20 YEARS before making a profit. FedEx actually PULLED OUT of Europe at one point.

DP makes great money with their forwarding, global mail and contract logistics businesses. All of which would be weakened with an Express downgrade or removal. Notice how the so called ANALYSTS missed this.

Also notice how everybody missed DP's investment in Polar Air. Polar is now taking over Northwest Cargo's position of carrying DHL Express international shipments by the fall of 2008. If DHL were going to retrench...why would they do this? Polar is 49% owned by DPWN.

Also note that DHL and Lufthansa jsut did a deal for a joint venture airline that will service the US and Asia with 11 777-200F freighters. These are NEW airplanes which Fed and UPS also have on ORDER. WHY would a company not invested deeply in the US market do this?

Everybody take a BREATH. A couple of ANALysts post nonsense and the "journalists" get crazy. Keep in mind Bear Stearns just fired their CEO for losing a billion in the subprime lending market and the fact that the Morgan Stanley report was written by a European individual whose knowledge of the US market is limited to what he reads.

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td></tr><tr valign="top"> <td bgcolor="#ffcc66"> <table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td> Friday, January 11, 2008 10:03:44 PM by Anonymous

I am a vendor that deals with shippers of all sizes everyday. What I can tell you is I have heard both possitive and negative stories about ALL of the carriers. Just because "you" had a bad experience with a particular carrier, does not make them a bad carrier. Each one does an excellent job at certain deliverables and porrly on others. The thing to keep in mind is that there is no single carrier that can provide excellent service in every case- so only using one carrier means you are paying for service they can't deliver and untimately, yo will have issues. The best bet is to use a carrier nutrual solution that allows you to use the best carrier, for the best price, for the application. Don't be sucked into who's better or worse. They are all better or worse, depending on the application.
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td></tr><tr valign="top"> <td bgcolor=""> <table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td> Sunday, January 13, 2008 11:27:19 PM by Anonymous

Things to consider regarding the current situation:

DHL adds value. If DHL was not providing reliable, consistent, good service nobody would use them. It is that simple. UPS and FedEx are able to the job well. The notion that some of the largest Fortune 500 companies are in exclusive agreements with DHL because they sought out a contract with a sub par service provider is nonsense. These are the same best in breed computer companies, financial services companies, industrial conglomerates, and internet retailers that you buy products from. Name the industry, DHL has a top player.

Regardless of your provider DHL ensures you receive a lower price than you would otherwise. In other words, DHL makes the industry better for all customers. If UPS and FedEx were the only two involved shippers will pay more and receive less service. This shift will happen almost immediately. You are wrong if you believe UPS and FedEx will battle on price in tough economic conditions with rising costs. They will charge you more. If you bid your business you will end up with higher prices.

While DHL needs serious financial improvement in the US, service improvement and product depth is already there. If you are not up to speed you should talk with DHL and do your own research rather than relying on the opinion of two analysts and PARCEL Magazine.

To the credit of the author/editor, you should keep up to speed with market conditions and talk with all providers. Most companies think they have a good program and wait for a consultant to explain, parcel 101 issues like accessorial fees are negotiable. This is the norm not the exception and as you read this and realize you are guilty, swallow your pride, pick up the phone and make the call.

Finally, looking at top line revenue DP is approximately twice the size of UPS, almost 3 times the size of FedEx. A prudent course of action would be to leverage the size and profitability to work through the US issues as the company has stated. Just like UPS's start up oversees, just like the financials are working through the sub prime issue, and just like the other largest companies in the world fix problems it doesn't happen through analyst pressure and it doesn't happen by popular opinion.

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td></tr><tr valign="top"> <td bgcolor="#ffcc66"> <table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td> Monday, January 14, 2008 8:27:17 AM by Anonymous

Stop patting yourself on the back DHL for causing price wars between UPS, FedEx and yourself, this is a domestic quarrel between big guns and has no room for pea size shooters. The price war is really between UPS and FedEx with DHL yelling in the background trying to get some attention. They have gotten some but not enough.

For the sake of DHL, If price and service are so great then DHL should be sweeping the market causing UPS and FedEx to get worrisome, thats not happeing. Why? Those of us out here watching the 3 major carriers and calling the shots are not idiots. I know bad service when I see it. I know a great price when I see it. In the end what I look for is great serice with a fair price and that equals value. DHL has been sketchy at best, I've tried them, not once, not twice but 3 times. I got burned every time. Shame on me. If I was my own boss I would have a talk with myself for this behavior.
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td></tr><tr valign="top"> <td bgcolor=""> <table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td> Monday, January 14, 2008 5:08:56 PM by Anonymous

A business model question comes to mind. DHL's stated direction is toe have fantastic customer service. However, it also acquired (in the US) the low cost provider. Does anyone else see something strange here?

DHL certainly has an outstanding international network (see the great package race of 2007), but domestically has a terrible set of challenges. The losses have been going on for a long time - one person's investment could be seen as another person's loss - especially if the performance post investment does not improve.

The international business that DHL handles so well appears very profitable. However the loss of around $2 per package on average makes the model very unsustainable. Couple that with the bits being as important as the atoms (the information about the shipments as important as the shipments themselves), and we have issues. It appears that the innovation around information delivery rests with the other carriers - so even when DHL does get its operations costs under control and its domestic US act together, it will still be behind the innovation curve.

</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>YOU MIGHT WANT TO GO TALK TO SOME DHL EMPLOYEES AND
CUSTOMERS
Mr Smart Guy!

http://www.businessweek.com/managin...top+news_top+news+index_dialogue+with+readers
The Issue: DHL Turns to Rival UPS

<!--/HEADLINE--> <!--DECK--> DHL Express entered the U.S. aiming to shake up the UPS-FedEx duopoly. After losing billions, it hatched a new plan: hold hands with UPS

Some people here may be good cappers, but they don't
know shyte about the business world.

If UPS and DHL don't do this deal, then DHL
will have to pull out of the US market
FOR THE SECOND TIME thus costing
a lot more jobs than what the idiots are
referring to here.

hey hotshot, you may want to read a little closer next time.
You read about as bad as I type.

US market again.

Spytheweb

EOG Addicted

US market again.

I would wager to say that you know very little about DHL or
their history in the US market.

All this maybe true, so why didn't McCain come clean and say that when asked about it. He acted like it was the first he had heard of it. This was something he helped push through and made money on. This DHL issue makes McCain look bad in Ohio.

All this maybe true, so why didn't McCain come clean and say that when asked about it. He acted like it was the first he had heard of it. This was something he helped push through and made money on. This DHL issue makes McCain look bad in Ohio.

Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth about their jobs
being taken away regardless of political actions.
Besides, those jobs pale when you compare the jobs shipped
overseas for walmart.
Wonder what politician helped do that?
Ohio was going to lose those jobs one way or another.
With UPS now stepping in, a few of them may be retained of
have the opportunity to transfer.
It's economics not politics.

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

Yes...GOP blue collar voters must be LIED to about job losses to stay in the fold!! How nauseating that the truth will set them free .....free from the GOP..who always screws good, decent American workers who are just" low -information dolts!!!" The GOP mantra remains: PROFITS OVER COUNTRY!!!!!!!! And that fu*king cancer-faced liar, McNUTS , LIED to that Ohio audience--and THAT's the point!!! And YOU know it!!

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

You remain the Real PHONEY deal!!! Just keep the DHL crap coming--to cover up the truth. Thanks, Spy for pointing that out. Back to the neocon circle jerk ,Raw deal. Nick, Merlin, Munchy, KTB and a few more are widening the circle for ya!!Y'all cum!!

Yes...GOP blue collar voters must be LIED to about job losses to stay in the fold!! How nauseating that the truth will set them free .....free from the GOP..who always screws good, decent American workers who are just" low -information dolts!!!" The GOP mantra remains: PROFITS OVER COUNTRY!!!!!!!! And that fu*king cancer-faced liar, McNUTS , LIED to that Ohio audience--and THAT's the point!!! And YOU know it!!

Hot shot, you don't have a clue.
I kicked your but on this topic last night.
DHL SUCKS!!!!
They needed a rescue plan/bailout for the second time
as they once again realized they can't compete in the US MARKET.
NOTHING MCCAIN SAID OR DID WOULD HELP.
and you want to know who cost more Americans jobs in the
past 20 years than anyone? Go to the PBS program Frontline
and get their story about Walmart/China/Trade/CLINTON.
That will make your leftist stomach turn flips as you realized clinton
gave china well over 50,000 jobs directly which cost even more
jobs indirectly because hillary, a large walmart shareholder, needed
cheaper prices at walmart.
DING DING DING
OUT FOR THE COUNT AND NOTHING LEFT BUT BLANKS FOR HOTSHOT
:+textinb3:+textinb3:+textinb3:+textinb3

Spytheweb

EOG Addicted

Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth about their jobs
being taken away regardless of political actions.
Besides, those jobs pale when you compare the jobs shipped
overseas for walmart.
Wonder what politician helped do that?
Ohio was going to lose those jobs one way or another.
With UPS now stepping in, a few of them may be retained of
have the opportunity to transfer.
It's economics not politics.

These jobs pale? These jobs were feeding these families, paying these people's mortgages, educating their kids. Why didn't McCain tell them the truth, their jobs are going away and McCain made a buck on the deal. I'am sure Obama will bring it up.

These jobs pale? These jobs were feeding these families, paying these people's mortgages, educating their kids. Why didn't McCain tell them the truth, their jobs are going away and McCain made a buck on the deal. I'am sure Obama will bring it up.

It is not McCains duty to tell them DHL sucks and can't hack it in
the American market.
They should have done what my two friends that briefly worked with
DHL did.....QUIT!

Spytheweb

EOG Addicted

It is not McCains duty to tell them DHL sucks and can't hack it in
the American market.
They should have done what my two friends that briefly worked with
DHL did.....QUIT!

This meeting in Ohio McCain saids that "I have been briefed and read about this situation". He pushed it through and made money on it. I know it's not his job to tell the truth. Not about something that will make him look bad. But it does make him look bad for being in on the deal and hiding the fact. I'am sure now that everyone in that meeting now knows that McCain is behind their job loss. I bet he won't be going back there anytime soon.

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M_I6GXfDUSM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

This meeting in Ohio McCain saids that "I have been briefed and read about this situation". He pushed it through and made money on it. I know it's not his job to tell the truth. Not about something that will make him look bad. But it does make him look bad for being in on the deal and hiding the fact. I'am sure now that everyone in that meeting now knows that McCain is behind their job loss. I bet he won't be going back there anytime soon

Surely you jest! McCain had NOTHING to do with the poor
performance of DHL in the US. DHL was a failure here the
first time as well as the second time.
Only blame here lies at the feet of DHL.
DEAL WITH IT and stop looking
for scapegoats.

This issue pales in comparison to the energy bill obama
supported for the welfare farmers and archer daniels midland.
That deal cost Americans 100's of millions with the great
corn ethanol hoax.

Spytheweb

EOG Addicted

Surely you jest! McCain had NOTHING to do with the poor
performance of DHL in the US. DHL was a failure here the
first time as well as the second time.
Only blame here lies at the feet of DHL.
DEAL WITH IT and stop looking
for scapegoats.

What about this that you just don't get? Forget the fact that DHL may have been a bad company. John McCain provided the kill shot and made money on it. Why didn't he say so. Why didn't he say the company was going under and i saw an opportunity to make a buck on something that was going to happen anyway. He said that he does not think he can stop it. That would mean he would have to give the money back. This just shows you that republicans are for big business over the average American.

Spytheweb

EOG Addicted

This issue pales in comparison to the energy bill obama
supported for the welfare farmers and archer daniels midland.
That deal cost Americans 100's of millions with the great
corn ethanol hoax.

This hoax of a war is costing Americans more. This is because of Bush/McCain and war profiteers.
Contractors reap 85 bln dlrs from Iraq war: US report

8 hours ago
WASHINGTON (AFP) ? The US government paid out 85 billion dollars in four years to contractors providing services to various government agencies in support of the Iraq war and reconstruction, a survey showed Tuesday.
The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) report said the administration of US President George W. Bush awarded 85-billion-dollars in contracts between 2003 and 2007, or over 21 billion dollars annually.
CBO researchers found that the funds paid out to government contractors, including security, transportation and engineering contractors and administration specialists among others, accounted for almost 20 percent of the total funding for Washington's operations in Iraq during this period.

What about this that you just don't get? Forget the fact that DHL may have been a bad company. John McCain provided the kill shot and made money on it. Why didn't he say so. Why didn't he say the company was going under and i saw an opportunity to make a buck on something that was going to happen anyway. He said that he does not think he can stop it. That would mean he would have to give the money back. This just shows you that republicans are for big business over the average American.
There is NOTHING he could have done to change the course of DHL.
WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND.
It is no different than IndyMac when your boy Dick I'm Stupid Schumer
opened his dumb mouth and help start the run on that bank. Sometimes
you just need to keep your mouth shut.
Was there anything illegal about the money McCain supposedly made?

Spytheweb

EOG Addicted

There is NOTHING he could have done to change the course of DHL.
WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND.
It is no different than IndyMac when your boy Dick I'm Stupid Schumer
opened his dumb mouth and help start the run on that bank. Sometimes
you just need to keep your mouth shut.
Was there anything illegal about the money McCain supposedly made?

Nothing illegal, just under handed. Don't change the course, just tell the truth about how it all came about. I know it's hard for republicans to tell the truth. This is why this guy should not be President, he can't tell the truth.

Nothing illegal about McCain voting against vet and military benefits every chance he gets either.

Nothing illegal, just under handed. Don't change the course, just tell the truth about how it all came about. I know it's hard for republicans to tell the truth. This is why this guy should not be President, he can't tell the truth.

Nothing illegal about McCain voting against vet and military benefits every chance he gets either.

Sorry buddy but YOU ARE A DAMN FOOL if you think
that democrats are ANY BETTER that republican
politicians. They all lie cheat and steal.
So go vote for an incumbent and pat yourself on
the back for contributing to the problem.
At least McCain didn't vote for the corn ethanol
deal the obama loved sticking up everyone's arse.
I know all you democrats get off on that.
Nothing wrong with getting a sweetheart deal from
a slumlord either eh?

Spytheweb

EOG Addicted

Sorry buddy but YOU ARE A DAMN FOOL if you think
that democrats are ANY BETTER that republican
politicians. They all lie cheat and steal.
So go vote for an incumbent and pat yourself on
the back for contributing to the problem.
At least McCain didn't vote for the corn ethanol
deal the obama loved sticking up everyone's arse.
I know all you democrats get off on that.
Nothing wrong with getting a sweetheart deal from
a slumlord either eh?

McCain did vote for a war that killed 4,128 Americans, and crippled another 30,000.