TONY MONTANA AND I ARE GOING TO SEE JOURNEY TONIGHT....

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Re: TONY MONTANA AND I ARE GOING TO SEE JOURNEY TONIGHT....

This ith going to be the beth show eva...Shwinky.

Tony ............... The Shrink

Did you remember your bic lighter and the lube?

OF...:doggie

Journeyman

EOG Master

big arms, lol. Jman, we may have gotten off to a rough start but dammit, i like u now..

Well I am a likeable guy :houra

Seriously, every female in the 80's loved Journey and it still works today, of course now they're late 30s, but the Journey songs still melt them :devil:

The Soprano's ended their show with Dont Stop Believin , how much more masculine can you get??? :devil:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rnT7nYbCSvM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rnT7nYbCSvM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Absolutely, Jeff Tate is tremendous, I saw Queensryche live a couple times and that guy is unbelievable too.

:cheers Queensryche just seemed to disappear, they were a hot ticket
Just shittin' on the man crush...

Vocally I'll throw this out there... The guy from Styx, Dennis DeYoung could really belt it out too. Awesome voice!

JMAN,

Since you LOVE Journey...

I can get you an extra ticket for tonight's concert if you'd like to join Tony and I....

I realize its a 5 hour drive but I'll be happy to reimburse you for your efforts...

Look forward to seeing you,

THE SHRINK

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

<TABLE cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0 itxtvisited="1"><TBODY itxtvisited="1"><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">Journey from the Philippines

Jeff Maisey
</TD></TR><TR itxtvisited="1"><TD itxtvisited="1">
Journey, Heart & Cheap Trick
August 12, 7 p.m.
Verizon Wireless
Virginia Beach Amphitheater
Tickets: $29.50 to $131

368-3000

When Journey guitarist Neal Schon was scouting for a new singer last year he accidentally came across a video posted on YouTube. The clip featured Arnel Pineda of the Filipino band The Zoo. He was singing cover songs from some of his favorite rock bands like Queen and Journey. Impressed by Pineda?s voice, Schon had the vocalist flown to America for an audition.

"The quality of the performance was amazing," said Journey bassist Ross Valory, who called from a tour stop in Florida. "I was surprised as anybody with what I heard."

In December 2007, Pineda was announced as Journey?s new frontman and he immediately joined the band in the recording studio for a new album. Revelation is a 3-disc set. The first CD features 12 new tracks, including "Never Walk Away." The fresh material was written before Pineda came onboard. The second disc is a rerecording of 11 of Journey?s greatest hits ranging from "Stone in Love" to "Lights." While Revelation also supplies a DVD of vintage Journey concert performance, redoing the classic hit songs seemed a gamble to Valory.

"That could have made us or broken us depending on how it turned out," he said. "But we had Arnel appear at just the right moment."

The band also had a significant retail giant backing it.

Released on June 3, Revelation sold 196,000 copies in its first two weeks and debuted at #5 on the Billboard 200 album chart. Like the Eagles? recent chart topping CD, Journey?s multi-album set was sold exclusively at Wal-Mart stores.
"It?s the new ballgame," said Valory. "It?s a shift from the way things used to be with the record company and their distribution ability. Wal-Mart has such a large coverage in the way they sell in volume, along with all the other things they sell like toothbrushes. This was something we were approached with by our common management with the Eagles. It?s a trend that?s proven to be quite successful."
Valory said the band enjoyed revisiting the old tunes in a studio setting.

"As you play a song for years and years it tends to mutate," he said. "We made sure we went back and listened to the old recordings so our parts would be close to the original renditions."

Interestingly enough, Journey seems to be almost as popular as it was in its heyday when Steve Perry was singing "Don?t Stop Believing," "Wheel in the Sky," "Open Arms" and "Faithfully." Nearly every show on this current tour is selling out. The folks at the Verizon Wireless Virginia Beach Amphitheater have been extremely pleased with advance ticket sales for Journey and are anticipating a crowd of 18,000. Ross Valory attributes the fan enthusiasm to Journey?s impressive catalog of hits and the excitement of their newest member.

"Arnel does bring this magic and charisma to it," he said. "Some fans came in with a bit of curiosity and skepticism but he?s won their hearts over. But also, wherever we play in the world Filipinos appear (in the audience) for these performances. Even in Chile there was a Philippine contingent of fans."

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><FORM name=frmPostComment action=dirmod.asp?sid=D7CE27CADE05452FB12056B0AB50F0D8&nm=Arts+and+Culture&type=Publishing&mod=Publications%3A%3AArticle&mid=8F3A7027421841978F18BE895F87F791&tier=4&id=DAEB4203DC85469E84EA64B3DF2DADFF&exe=Y method=post><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></FORM>

Journey, Journeyman, Pinoys? Where is this going?

OF...:rolleyes:

texansfan

EOG Master

hell, i'm about 2 hit 42 so late 30's is perfect.

Now I FINALLY understand JMAN'S preference towards FILIPINO'S....

It's clicked... 12io4j2w90

Journeyman

EOG Master

Yes Dennis DeYoung was another great one, another band who lost their voice .....

I love those sappy songs , hell I love all kinds of music, I love AC/DC, GNR, AEROSMITH, GENESIS, BRUCE, RUSH, METALLICA, U2,FLEETWOOD MAC, ROD STEWART, ELTON JOHN, KENNY CHESNEY, TIM MCGRAW, and of course JOURNEY

Journeyman

EOG Master

Now I FINALLY understand JMAN'S preference towards FILIPINO'S....

It's clicked... 12io4j2w90

Yeah that was the biggest irony of all...I thought it was just another joke when I read that , my friend Buster alerted me to Arnel .:rolleyes:

Journeyman

EOG Master

Chicago White Sox seemed to enjoy Journey as well...hmmm all fruity I suppose? ::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::

I even thought that was gay!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/504B3iR5M_8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/504B3iR5M_8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Miss Gay Exotica: Loves Journey and Journeyman...

Last beautiful Friday, August 3, 2007, I joined a gay beauty pageant held in one of the Filipino venues in Melbourne. Actually it is a giant Karaoke Bar, with disco dance space and pinoy food, owned and operated by pinoys in the city. Reportedly, the first of its kind and participated by the leading pinoy drag queens in the city. The three titles at stake and the winners were:

MISS GAY EXOTICA - UNIVERSE

MISS GAY EXOTICA - WORLD

MISS GAY EXOTICA - INTERNATIONAL

When the lights go out in the city, you get a handful. Your date's crotch.

OF...:+textinb3​

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Thank you Journeyman for letting me wear your shirt this morning. I really loved watching the Journey concert with you. We waved our bic lighters back and forth. I think wearing my man's shirt is very romantic...

I love Journey (man)

OF...::LMAO::

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Big time gay alert.

We need a good looking female Pinoy, stat.

Whew, that was close.

OF...:cheers

Journeyman

EOG Master

The 49ers TE Brent Jones was also a big Journey fan , 49ers were big Journey fans...he tells a funny story where Neil had no idea who he was, funny story.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NrnVygpEKMA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NrnVygpEKMA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Journeyman

EOG Master

good interview with Jonathan

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FsyEevWyMjA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FsyEevWyMjA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Hopefully you won't see that Pinoy wearing the lime green tank top a few more times J man. Hate to give your haters ammo, it just fit so well with the set up.

OF...91023i2ndw;l

Journeyman

EOG Master

Ha, if I only knew how much run that lime green shirt would get. :+clueless

12io4j2w90 2005

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Ha, if I only knew how much run that lime green shirt would get. :+clueless

Remember when I found the journeyman electrician getted zapped in a green shirt? I think it was in the find a photo for every posters name thread. Those lime green shirts are tough. About as widely avialable as a royalbluff bet.

OF...91023i2ndw;l

Journeyman

EOG Master

I don't recall that one OF. I'm sure I saw it though.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I don't recall that one OF. I'm sure I saw it though.

You saw it, you laughed like hell. It had an electrician in a lime green shirt, a journeyman. He was getting zapped by an arc. I think the caption was, oops, should not have edited that tracker thread. I remember these things J man. I'd find it but that was long ago at the RX.

OF...91023i2ndw;l

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

:gay:

No sure if you knew we had this one Frog :LMAO

Yes, but I forgot it for this thread, would have fit perfectly. Better late than never I guess. I am being a good Frog today dear, all R rated.

OF...:cheers

Journeyman

EOG Master

You saw it, you laughed like hell. It had an electrician in a lime green shirt, a journeyman. He was getting zapped by an arc. I think the caption was, oops, should not have edited that tracker thread. I remember these things J man. I'd find it but that was long ago at the RX.

OF...91023i2ndw;l

Sounds familiar but can't picture it completely. :+textinb3

The Shrink was supposed to be at my house at 5:30, but he is late...as usual...now he says he won't be here until 6 or after...

I want to see Cheap Trick...I could careless about Heart and Journey without Steve Perry is basically a cover band....SHRINK hurry up!!!:whino:

I have to work a little longer so I can afford to pay for these pleasures...91023i2ndw;l

P.S.

I'll show you a "cheap trick" so don't fret....

Journeyman

EOG Master

The Shrink was supposed to be at my house at 5:30, but he is late...as usual...now he says he won't be here until 6 or after...

I want to see Cheap Trick...I could careless about Heart and Journey without Steve Perry is basically a cover band....SHRINK hurry up!!!:whino:

Tony you may have a different opinion after the show,

go in with open ears....errr open arms :pop:

I expect a full report on how it was, as I will be seeing them later this month.

Tony you may have a different opinion after the show,

go in with open ears....errr open arms :pop:

I expect a full report on how it was, as I will be seeing them later this month.

I will love the show I am sure [if we make it] but seeing Journey without Steve Perry is like seeing my favorite...Bob Segar and the Silver Bullet Band without Bob Segar....I could be wrong...jmo.

panther

EOG Dedicated

tony if you want to go to e-liz city and see skynyrd sept 13 let me know Iam working it so I can get you a couple of tickets

tony if you want to go to e-liz city and see skynyrd sept 13 let me know Iam working it so I can get you a couple of tickets

panther that would be awesome....that's only 45 minutes from my house...:cheers

Journeyman

EOG Master

I will love the show I am sure [if we make it] but seeing Journey without Steve Perry is like seeing my favorite...Bob Segar and the Silver Bullet Band without Bob Segar....I could be wrong...jmo.

Tony you are preaching to the choir, trust me...I have given up on that ever happening and this guy can pull it off...of course it is still a huge huge difference, it's still nice to see the others turning back the clock and putting on a relatively solid performance....the band has some great players, but without a voice for the songs it had to suck for them...and his voice was so unique it left them pretty much high and dry.

Basically this is the best possible alternative, Steve was a legend , impossible to replace.

To me really isnt Journey without Steve Perry, be like guns and roses without Axel Rose.

The guy will sound just like Perry im sure have fun