Why is it that whenever I hear Democrats talk like ...

... Hillary right now .... All I hear is depressing stories about all these people they seem to admire ? People down and out with No HOPE !!! Democrats never have anything inspiring to say about America ... about its vision ... about her greatness.

Never anything good about our nation --- Always negative shit from this crowd.

And you me to vote for these people ?

Re: Why is it that whenever I hear Democrats talk like ...

The negative shit that they're talking about is the 8 years of hell that GW
just put us all through. 800,000 more people have fallen into poverty. :+clueless
I know that you don't want to face those realities of your beloved leader.

mr merlin

EOG Master

just put us all through. 800,000 more people have fallen into poverty. :+clueless
If there's anybody out desperatly hoping that george bush or Obama will save them from a life of poverty they deserve to live that way.

Anybody here want either a democrat or republican to give em a helping hand? Anybody here been waiting 8 years for george bush to help them? Anybody here hoping for obama to win so that he can help out with the bills and their job? I doubt it. Nobody's that stupid.

If there's anybody out desperatly hoping that george bush or Obama will save them from a life of poverty they deserve to live that way.
I don't know about you man, you're usually pretty level headed, but this is nuts.
Of course there's people hoping (daily) that their president will do something to
help them out of their poverty stricken lives. Maybe like create some new jobs???
I'll agree that lazy fucks deserve what they get, but most are willing/able to work.
If there simply isn't jobs available (which we all know there isn't) they deserve it?
[that's just silly, that sounds like GW, a typical republican that just doesn't care]
Anybody here want either a democrat or republican to give em a helping hand?
I guarantee you that some people here wish he would've invested in this country.
But he didn't, he invested in war and making him and his rich buddies even richer.
Anybody here been waiting 8 years for george bush to help them?
I'm sure many people here have been waiting for him to do something meaningful.
You know, like actually do something that would help our citizens out just once.
Anybody here hoping for obama to win so that he can help out with the bills and their job? I doubt it. Nobody's that stupid.
Anybody looking for any kind of future is, because he'll actually invest in Americans.

I WONDER SOMETIMES WHY SOME PEOPLE DON'T SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING HERE,
THEY'RE EITHER ALREADY FILTHY RICH OR THEY WEAR SUNGLASSES AT NIGHT

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Actually I think that many Americans are just HOPING that the next administration doesn't kick them in the nuts as often as this Administration has. Ask yourself whether you and your paycheque are better off today than you were 8 years ago? I'd say that the value of your house has gone down, the price of your gas has gone through the roof, your expenses are rising, and you likely have someone close to you or someone you know fighting in a foreign land risking their life for a country that never wanted you there in the first place.

People don't want hand outs, or a helping hand (except with a catastrophic event like a Hurricane) but they also don't want to be impeded too greatly in their ability either. Ask the trucker hauling across your great land if life is better for him and his family. Ask the pilot or the flight attendant if their lives are better. These are grass roots people here. The only people laughing all the way to the Bank are the oilmen in Texas. Guess we know which way they're voting in November.

Actually I think that many Americans are just HOPING that the next administration doesn't kick them in the nuts as often as this Administration has. Ask yourself whether you and your paycheque are better off today than you were 8 years ago?

I am doing just fine ...Thank You !!! Better yet, I rather suspect we are not going to see any fuck stick muslims crashing airplanes into America and killing my neighbors for at least the next 100 years.

I think things are just swell here. I notice in every election the Democrats say the same ole shit about this being the worst economy since the great depression. That dog won't hunt anymore. Go look at the stats on inflation, interest rates, unemployment in the late 70s when a Democrat ran the country. Democrats always look like fools when they talk this shit.

I notice in every election the Democrats say the same ole shit about this being the worst economy since the great depression.
You may want to check those stats yourself, because it's a fucking FACT.
You've managed to somehow get yourself caught up in the Repub nightmare.
[good luck with that - it WILL bite you in the ass eventually]

This isn't about any particular party, it's about who will do the right thing.

{maybe you'll catch on to that someday when you get older}

You may want to check those stats yourself, because it's a fucking FACT.
You've managed to somehow get yourself caught up in the Repub nightmare.
[good luck with that - it WILL bite you in the ass eventually]

This isn't about any particular party, it's about who will do the right thing.

{maybe you'll catch on to that someday when you get older}

All right ... let's check the facts .....

Present times June 2008.
Unemployment Rate 5.6%
June 2008 Inflation Rate 5.5%
Interest Rate 6.3% ( 30 year fixed loan )

Democrat Jimmy Carter December 1980
Unemployment Rate 7.6%
June 1980 Inflation Rate 14.3%
Interest Rate 14.8%

Sources
http://inflationdata.com/inflation/Inflation_Rate/HistoricalInflation.aspx
http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/data/UNRATE.txt
http://www.freddiemac.com/pmms/pmms30.htm

It took Reagan 3 years to fix this shit before we turned around the tax and spend and big government Carter years. Bush 1, Clinton and Bush 2 all got to take credit for the Reagan Economic Boom which is still ongoing.

Your Boy Obama wants to implement the same type of government as that fuckstick Jimmy Carter did. I don't think so. You want facts ? READ it and weap. You are very wrong here. The whole Real Estate market was shut down in 1980 because of the high interest rates and unemployment.

You actually think people with a half a brain are going to vote for Jimmy Carter II ?

"Worst economy since the great depression" ... We heard this shit in 1992, 2004 and now again this year. It's all Bull shit during a political campaign.

mr merlin

EOG Master

Actually I think that many Americans are just HOPING that the next administration doesn't kick them in the nuts as often as this Administration has. Ask yourself whether you and your paycheque are better off today than you were 8 years ago? I'd say that the value of your house has gone down, the price of your gas has gone through the roof, your expenses are rising, and you likely have someone close to you or someone you know fighting in a foreign land risking their life for a country that never wanted you there in the first place.

People don't want hand outs, or a helping hand (except with a catastrophic event like a Hurricane) but they also don't want to be impeded too greatly in their ability either. Ask the trucker hauling across your great land if life is better for him and his family. Ask the pilot or the flight attendant if their lives are better. These are grass roots people here. The only people laughing all the way to the Bank are the oilmen in Texas. Guess we know which way they're voting in November.
My house and I would bet almost all houses are worth substantially more than in 2000 - the fact it's worth less than at the ridiculous peak in 2005 is a reflection of reality, not that Bush has somehow destroyed my equity.

My house and I would bet almost all houses are worth substantially more than in 2000 - the fact it's worth less than at the ridiculous peak in 2005 is a reflection of reality, not that Bush has somehow destroyed my equity.

I bought a house in 1999 in Vegas for $205K ... It ran up to about 600K in 2005-2006 timeframe. It is currently worth 425K.

Those who think housing prices appreciation of 200% in a 6 year period will continue the same over the next 6 year period are naive.

Again you're misleading.
Vegas happens to be 1 of the 2 biggest boom areas in the country.
[along with Arizona] but even that market has been drastically slowed.
[as you prove in your own numbers / from 600 down to 425 :+clueless]
It grew from 200 to 600 following Clinton then GW took it back down.
Those who think housing prices appreciation of 200% in a 6 year period will continue the same over the next 6 year period are naive.
Those that don't think GW's administration stopped the boom are naive.

Back to the ECONOMY that you seem to think is so fine right now.
You mentioned the economy, what is going on with the economy?
Don't back out now, make sure you read it all so you understand !!!
Below, starting at the (blue) print, i'm sure you'll find it fascinating.
I notice in every election the Democrats say the same ole shit about this being the worst economy since the great depression.
We are in the worst financial crisis since Depression, says IMF
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2008/apr/10/useconomy.subprimecrisis
The US mortgage crisis has spiralled into "the largest financial shock since the Great Depression" and there is a one-in-four chance that it will cause a full-blown global recession, the International Monetary Fund warned yesterday.

"Adverse financial conditions are likely to have a continuing negative impact on activity in the United States, notwithstanding the Federal Reserve's strong response," it said. "The United States remains plagued by profound errors in risk management."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
It?s Official: The Crash of the U.S. Economy has begun
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=5964
Those left holding the bag will be the ordinary people whose assets are loaded with debt, such as tens of millions of mortgages, millions of young people with student loans that can never be written off due to the ?reformed? 2005 bankruptcy law, or vast numbers of workers with 401(k)s or other pension plans that are locked into the stock market.

In other words, it sounds eerily like 2000-2002 except maybe on a much larger scale. Then it was ?only? the tenth worse bear market in history, but over a trillion dollars in wealth simply vanished. What makes today?s instance seem particularly unfair is that the preceding recovery that is now ending?the ?jobless? one?was so anemic.

Times of economic crisis produce international tension and politicians tend to go to war rather than face the economic music. The classic example is the worldwide depression of the 1930s leading to World War II. Conditions in the coming years could be as bad as they were then. We could have a really big war if the U.S. decides once and for all to haul off and let China, or whomever, have it in the chops. If they don?t want our dollars or our debt any more, how about a few nukes?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Crashing U.S. Economy Held Hostage
Our Economy is on an Artificial Life-support System
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=6239

?But when George W. Bush moved into 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., Greenspan?s behavior changed. During 2001, he averaged 3.3 White House visits a month, more than triple his rate under Clinton and much more often with high-level officials like Vice President Cheney. His visits rose to 4.6 a month in 2002 and 5.7 in 2003.
?Whatever White House officials were whispering in Greenspan?s ear, it worked: Greenspan abruptly changed his tune on tax cuts, lending critical support to Bush?s massive 2001 and 2003 tax giveaways, and he loosened the reins by cutting Fed-controlled interest rates repeatedly beginning in January 2001, a gift to the Republicans in power.?
Along the way, the bubble caused housing prices to inflate drastically, which officialdom touted as economic ?growth.? Even today, periodicals like Barron?s naively boast that this inflation boosted American?s ?wealth.?
What we are seeing are the results of an economic crime on a fantastic scale that implicates the highest levels of our financial and governmental establishments. It spanned three presidential administrations?Bush I, Clinton, and Bush II?though the worst of it came with Bush II, the surge of outright lending fraud after 2001.

Today the rank-and-file of our population must increasingly turn to borrowing in order to survive. Only the banks and the credit card companies are the beneficiaries. The total societal debt for individuals, businesses, and government is over $45 trillion and climbing. This is happening even while the real value of wages and salaries is decreasing.

The main growth factors for federal spending are Middle East war expenditures and interest on the national debt.

The financial world, which Dr. Michael Hudson calls the FIRE economy?Finance, Insurance, and Real Estate?has been producing millionaires and billionaires among those who know how to play the game.
(G W BUSH and all of his friends)

The livelihood of much of the U.S. workforce and perhaps half of the rest of the world?s population?maybe three billion people?is being threatened by such financial lawlessness. The justification that was first used for financial deregulation and tax cuts for the rich was that the trickle-down effect of wealthy peoples? earnings would spill over to the rank-and-file.
The Reagan administration ushered in these policies in the 1980s under the heading of ?supply-side economics.? But the opposite has happened. The system has institutionalized an increasingly stratified worldwide culture of haves and have-nots.

The situation today is worse in many respects than 1929, because the debt ?overhang? vs. real economic value is much higher now than it was then. The U.S. economy was in far better shape in the 1920s, because so much of our population was gainfully employed in factories or on farms.
The question is not when will the system start to come down, because this has already begun. It?s shown most clearly by the fact that according to Federal Reserve data, M1, the part of the money supply most readily available for consumer purchases, is not only lagging behind inflation but has actually decreased in eleven of the last twelve months. This means that the producing economy is already in a recession.

The government?s ?plunge protection team??known officially as the President?s Working Group on Financial Markets?is trying to engineer what they call a ?soft landing.? It?s been likened to the process by which you cook a frog in a pot where you raise the temperature one degree a day. The frog doesn?t hop out because the heat goes up gradually, but before long it?s too late. The frog has been cooked.

Double bad news for US economy

Tuesday, 19 August 2008
http://www.rte.ie/business/2008/0819/usa.html

American economy may suffer from Jeb Bush's appointment

http://english.pravda.ru/news/business/05-12-2007/102327-american_economy-0

Bad Economy Forcing People into Therapy
http://www.businessandmedia.org/printer/2008/20080723110202.aspx
The economy is now so bad people are spending more of their limited amounts of money on therapy, according to the July 23 <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">USA</st1:country-region></st1:place> Today.

ACTUALLY REPORT CAME OUT TODAY THAT POVERTY LEVEL IN AMERICA DROPPED IN 07 AND THIS YEAR AND MEDIAN INCOMES ARE UP...CHECK IT OUT BUDDY.

you and your paycheque are better off today than you were 8 years ago? I'd say that the value of your house has gone dow

NOT IN MY CASE IN ALABAMA OR ANY OF MY FRIENDS. MY PAY IS HIGHER THAN 8 YEARS AGO...QUITE A BIT..MY HOUSE HAS GONE UP IN VALUE IN THE PAST 3 YEARS OVER 100K..THAT IS QUITE ABIT CONSIDERING I BOUGHT A 3200 SQ FT HOUSE HERE FOR 245K...
HOUSING IN GENERAL IN ALABAMA HAS BEEN OK...
<!-- / message -->

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Why do you compare Bush and June 2008 with Jimmy Carter in 1980? Perhaps don't roll the clock back quite so far. Perhaps look at the inflation rate, price of gas and value of your house in June 2000 just before Clinton left office. Let's look at those numbers:

Democrat Bill Clinton June 2000
Unemployment Rate: 4%
June 2000 Inflation Rate: 3.73%
Interest Rate: Prime rate by Banks 9.23%

and let's add one:
Price of a Gallon of gas: $1.62 regular grade

June 2008 under George W: $4.06

When you compare what GWB came into office with, and compare it to what he leaves office with, the numbers will show the Dubyah will not likely go down in history as one of the great Presidents. Far from it. But I'll let history be the judge of that.

Your house likely has appreciated. That's good. Try and sell it now. How many foreclosures are going on in the US right now? Are people better off with their houses now or in 2000?

but as a demo you forget.
bush has dealt with more natural disasters than any president. he had 9/11 and he has a war in Iraq..
Jimmy Carter was a joke and you lost all cred when you referenced him.

OK, so both presidents sucked, what's your point?
You really just have no idea what you're talking about do you? :+clueless :LMAO
[go get an abortion]

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

bush has dealt with more natural disasters than any president. he had 9/11 and he has a war in Iraq..

Seems to me that the War in Iraq is a disaster that he created on himself. There's nothing natural about it. The only natural disaster he has dealt with is Katrina, and that was botched so badly it's not a great item on his resume. Hurricane Andrew was in 1992 (Bush Sr.). The San Francisco earthquake was in 1989 (also George Bush Sr).

Other Presidents have dealt with trying times, say Lincoln with the Civil War, or Roosevelt with WWII, or even the Depression. When comparing Presidents, Bush will likely be compared more to Lyndon Johnson (the President who took the US fully into Vietnam) than say Roosevelt or Truman.

but as a demo you forget.

Incorrect. He's had an INVASION of Iraq... Congress has not declared war since 1941.

It grew from 200 to 600 following Clinton then GW took it back down.

Almost all of my price appreciation happened during the GW years. However, I would give GW no credit for any of that appreciation or any of the blame depreciation that has occured in the last few years.

The markets ran up to far to fast out here due to unscrupulous lenders and stupid buyers who created huge demand in the RE markets thereby driving the prices higher.

I don't really care myself what the house is worth as it will be paid off in 7 years and I need some place to live.

Why do you compare Bush and June 2008 with Jimmy Carter in 1980? Perhaps don't roll the clock back quite so far. Perhaps look at the inflation rate, price of gas and value of your house in June 2000 just before Clinton left office. Let's look at those numbers:

Democrat Bill Clinton June 2000
Unemployment Rate: 4%
June 2000 Inflation Rate: 3.73%
Interest Rate: Prime rate by Banks 9.23%

and let's add one:
Price of a Gallon of gas: $1.62 regular grade

June 2008 under George W: $4.06

When you compare what GWB came into office with, and compare it to what he leaves office with, the numbers will show the Dubyah will not likely go down in history as one of the great Presidents. Far from it. But I'll let history be the judge of that.

Your house likely has appreciated. That's good. Try and sell it now. How many foreclosures are going on in the US right now? Are people better off with their houses now or in 2000?

Because all dem fucksticks you are going to vote for keep saying this is the worst economy since the great depression and I just want to keep pointing out to you folks that this is no near close to the shit economy we had right before Carter left office.

Tell your boys Clinton and Biden and Obama and Kerry and Gore and all the rest of those idiots to quit trying to run this shit down on the American people when they know very well for a fact that they are totally incorrect.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What you're not comprehending (or facing up to) is the fact that our economy
is at or near the worst we've ever seen in our life with the worst of it yet to come

[you'll catch on eventually] :+clueless

mr merlin

EOG Master

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What you're not comprehending (or facing up to) is the fact that our economy
is at or near the worst we've ever seen in our life with the worst of it yet to come

[you'll catch on eventually] :+clueless
What world do you live on? The economy is just fine, unemployment is NOT high, inflation is NOT high, gdp is rising, need I go on. Every 4 years an election comes around and then the economies in the tank. could things be better? yup, but it's not that bad at all.

Yah, we know where your heads at, you said that same nonsense before.
Those bogus spikes you're referring to have nothing to do with reality.
What fucking world do you live in?

Eight years later someone saw a spike up somewhere? get f*ckin serious

It's a well known fact, if you read anything, that the repubs are openly
trying to increase those spikes however possible now in order to give the
appearance that the economy is doing fine to fool the general population.

[IT'S AN ELECTION YEAR, IT'S TIME TO MAKE THINGS LOOK GOOD NOW]

~ THEM F*CKIN SCUMBAGS ~
YOU CHOOSE TO BELIEVE ALL THE BULLSHIT RATHER THAN THE REALTY OF
WHAT MOST AMERICANS ARE ACTUALLY LIVING, THAT'S YOUR FKN CHOICE.

RATHER THAN LIVE IN YOUR OWN DREAM LAND, TAKE A POLL YOURSELF,
THEN YOU'LL SEE THAT MOST PEOPLE ARE FEELING THE ECONOMY CRUNCH.

WHY IS IT THAT 70% OF PEOPLE CAN SEE IT AND 30% ARE BRAIN DEAD?

BECAUSE YOU MAY NOT BE FEELING IT DOESN'T MEAN EVERYONE ELSE ISN'T.

mr merlin

EOG Master

I'll ask a simple question - what spike? take a gander quarter by quarter of economic growth this last 7 years, 3% is pretty typical. What I don't understand is how and why you can look right at the facts, and yet allow your bias to warp your perception.

The economy is just fine...
Do you live in a hole smoking crack all day, WTF are you talking about?
START FUCKIN READING AND STOP WITH YOUR IGNORANT COMMENTS
The Truth about: Recession 2008

Skewed Unemployment Statistics Mislead America

Tuesday, August 12, 2008
An indisputable sign of the dismal state of the U.S. economy is the closing of stores by retail giants such as Dillard?s Inc., J.C. Penny?s, Lowes, Office Depot and Macy?s. It is no longer the mom-and-pops shop down the street being run out of town by the corporate giants. Foot Locker will be closing 140 stores, Gap Inc. 85 stores.
Sprint Nextel will shut down 125 retail locations, which will affect nearly 4,000 employees after 5,000 layoffs last years. The next round of large layoffs will likely be in the automotive industry, where Ford?s sales plunged 28 percent in June, along with General Motors and Toyota.

Three Out of Four Americans Agree: Economy in Shambles
Monday, August 25, 2008
Amid a mortgage meltdown witnessed by millions of Americans losing their homes, being involved in a deepening credit crisis, saddled in extremely high rates of inflation and ongoing job losses, three out of four Americans believe that the U.S. economy is in bad shape, according to a CNN/Opinion Research poll released Monday. That is up from 43 percent of respondents that believed that economy was in bad shape one year ago.

Thursday, August 28, 2008
Today, everyone agrees that the economy is their principal concern. But no one wants to mention the most damaging effect to the economy-- outsourcing: the outsourcing of jobs; the outsourcing of production; the outsourcing of technology; the outsourcing of research; the outsourcing of investments; the outsourcing of the economy.

Bankruptcy Filings Border One Million
Thursday, August 28, 2008
As the economy continues to toil through the worst recession seen in decades, the number of individuals and businesses filing bankruptcy claims has swelled. This is yet another sign of the dire state of the economy and more proof that a new direction must be taken to put the American middle-class back on top.
Total filings are up 29 percent from the 12 month that ended June 30, a government report said Wednesday. That puts the number of filings at 967,831, up one year earlier from 751,056.

Economic Conditions Taking Their Toll On The Movie Industry
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
The current economic conditions have infiltrated the movie industry. Producer Paula Wagner?s departure from Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer?s United Artists earlier this month initiated Wall Street buzz regarding MGM?s possible sale, according to BusinessWeek. Despite an Aug. 25 press release stating the epic studio is not on the market, other factors indicate we may soon be witnessing the sale of a movie-manufacturing behemoth.

Housing Market Key to Economic Recovery
Monday, August 25, 2008
The fate of the lagging U.S. economy is in the hands of the housing market, according to some analysts. The market?s ability to recover over the next few months is likely to determine whether the economy begins to improve or sinks into the deepest recession since the early 1980?s The prevailing belief among economists is that in order for the housing market to recover there needs to be around a 10 percent drop in prices to lure in more buyers.
"Another 10 percent down would put prices back consistent with rents and incomes. That's a signal that housing affordability has been restored for most potential home buyers," Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody?s Economy.com said. However, if credit standards continue to tighten even a 10 percent drop in prices may not be enough to allow the market to rebound.

Buffett: We're Already In a Recession
Friday, August 22, 2008
Warren Buffett, named the world?s richest man by Forbes magazine in March, said the economy is still mired in a recession and isn?t likely to come out of it before 2009.
Buffett appeared on CNBC to promote the new movie, I.O.U.S.A, which seeks to highlight the dangers of the nation?s mounting debt.

Another Sign of a Recession
Thursday, August 21, 2008
In yet another sign that the economy is already well within a recession and shows no signs of coming out of it any time soon a private business group?s measure of the health of the U.S. economy fell much lower than expected in July. The New York-based group The Conference Board reported Thursday that forecasts for future economic activity fell 0.7 percent, much more than the expected 0.2 percent. The index held steady in June, with no change, after falling 0.9 percent for the six months ending in July.

Inflation Worries Growing
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Wholesale prices have reached their highest annual rates in 27 years, according to a report released Tuesday by the government, leaving many worrying about increasing inflation.
The Annual Producer Price Index (PPI), which measures the price of finished goods, rose 9.8 percent in the 12 months that ended in July. That represents the fastest rise in the PPI since a 10.4 percent increase in June 1981.

Inflation Hits 17 Year High
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Inflation has hit a 17 year high in the face of skyrocketing energy and food prices coupled with a softening job market, according to Reuters.
The Consumer Price Index, which is commonly used gauge of inflation, rose 0.8 percent in July to climb to a 5.6 percent rise for the year.

Household Spending to Decrease for First Time in 16 Years
Monday, August 11, 2008
For the first time since 1992, U.S. household spending will likely decrease next quarter, according to Bloomberg News.
Analysts blame the waning effects of the $168 billion stimulus package, the surge in commodity prices - especially fuel and food - and the steady decline in consumer buying power as salaries fail to keep pace with inflation. They also believe that the odds of a recession occurring is more likely than not, putting the odds at 51 percent.
Spending is likely to grow at 0.6 percent through September, down from 1.5 percent the previous three months. The sharp decline is due to the fact that the impact of the tax rebates will be over by the fourth quarter of the year, as most remaining checks were sent out in July.

Highest Inflation in 27 Years Leaves Federal Reserve Fearful
Monday, August 04, 2008
The Commerce Department?s June report showed a 0.8 percent rise in consumer prices for the month, making it the highest inflationary period since February 1981, according to Bloomberg.com.

Unemployment Rate Soars To 5.7 Percent
Monday, August 04, 2008
Monday's latest announcement offered little hope for an economic turn-around as unemployment hit a staggering four year high at 5.7 percent.
As the American economy continues to grow worse, the number of expected job cuts for the month of July is likely to total the second highest for the year. 103,312 jobs are expected to be cut, a 26 percent increase from the previous month and a staggering 141 percent increase from the same period just one year ago.
17 of 25 industries tracked are expected to cut jobs, according to CNNMoney.com. The hardest hit industry was the transport sector which is expected to lose 17,051 jobs, mainly due to rising fuel cost and lagging ticket sales. The financial service industry was also hit particulary hard with job losses in the past month, losing a total of 15,517 jobs in the month of July.

GDP Growth Falls Short Of 1.9 Percent Expectation
Friday, August 01, 2008
Announcements on Thursday confirmed expectations that the under-performing economy will continue to remain stagnant when gross domestic product increased at a sluggish 1.9 percent, less than the projected 2.3 percent, according to Bloomberg.com.
Citizens feel the pain of a recession through job losses, rising prices, credit crunches and home foreclosures. More than 80 percent of the nation and many economists believe we are experiencing a recession. However, the White House and Fed deny a ?technical? recession is occurring.

Surges In Jobless Rate Expected
Thursday, July 31, 2008
The economy showed no signs of recovering as the Department of Labor is expected to announce that employers have cut jobs for the seventh straight month and a rise in the unemployment rate to 5.6 percent.
The news comes ahead of an employment report to be released Friday that paints an even darker picture for the state of the economy.

Jobless Rate Continues To Rise
Thursday, July 31, 2008
The economy showed no signs of recovering as the Department of Labor is expected to announce that employers have cut jobs for the seventh straight month and a rise in the unemployment rate to 5.6 percent in a report to be released Friday.
That news follows a report from the Department of Labor showing a spike in the number of unemployment filings, marking the highest number of jobless claims filed since 2003.