HEY 5STARBOMB and other Cubbies fans

ENJOY :houra

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hyf7Opxzzk8&hl=en"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hyf7Opxzzk8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

YouTube - A Century of Cubs Misery

5 star bomb

EOG Master
Re: HEY 5STARBOMB and other Cubbies fans

:finger004 :finger004 :finger004 :finger004 :finger004 :finger004 :finger004 :finger004 :finger004

Hey 5STAR, prior to 2006, what did the Cubs and Cardinals BOTH have in common ???

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Hey 5STAR, prior to 2006, what did the Cubs and Cardinals BOTH have in common ???

i dont know or care bc its a dumb Cubs joke. I have heard them all... best record in MLB belongs to Cubs....

:+excited-

Prior to 2006, neither the Cubs or Cardinals had won a World Series title in their NEW BALLPARK

Cubs started playing in Wrigley in 1916

The NEW Busch Stadium opened in 2006. 91023i2ndw;l

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Prior to 2006, neither the Cubs or Cardinals had won a World Series title in their NEW BALLPARK

Cubs started playing in Wrigley in 1916

The NEW Busch Stadium opened in 2006. 91023i2ndw;l

:finger004 :finger004 :finger004 :finger004 oij213490

7-26-08:

CHICAGO -- Jorge Cantu's two-out RBI double lifted the Marlins to a 3-2 win over the Cubs in 12 innings on Saturday in front of 41,471 at Wrigley Field.

There is no way buckner was wearing a cubs batting glove.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/061018

The tale begins with ESPN.com photo czar Sean Hintz, who was recently cropping and sizing a photo for an article about the Buckner play's 20th anniversary. The best-known photos of the incident are probably this one and this one, but Hintz chose to use the following Associated Press photo, which ran with this story:

<table width="545"><tbody><tr align="center" valign="top"><td align="center"> </td></tr></tbody></table> As you can see, it shows Billy Buck walking off the field after his historic miscue, and he has removed his first baseman's mitt from his right hand.
"I'd worked with that photo maybe half a dozen times in the past," Hintz says. "It's definitely one of my go-to shots for that play." This time, though, for whatever reason, Hintz noticed that Buckner was wearing a batting glove under his mitt. Nothing unusual about that -- lots of first basemen do it. But Hintz, perhaps influenced by having worked on too many Uni Watch columns, was curious about what was printed on the glove. So he zoomed in on it. Then he zoomed some more.
Take a look at what he found:
<table width="545"><tbody><tr align="center" valign="top"><td align="center"> </td></tr></tbody></table> That's right: What Hintz spotted -- and what Uni Watch and countless other researchers had missed over the years -- was that Bill Buckner was wearing a Chicago Cubs batting glove under his first baseman's mitt. (And no, that's not a Photoshop job -- it's the real deal.)

5 star bomb

EOG Master

dont believe it for 1 bit... that is a cheap ass batting glove that you would buy for your 5 year old kid

:+whipping:+whipping:+whipping
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>TEAM</TD><TD class=alignCenter>W</TD><TD class=alignCenter>L</TD><TD class=alignCenter>%</TD><TD class=alignCenter>GB</TD></TR><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>buildRows(standings_rs_nlc);</SCRIPT><TR class=data id=chc_data vAlign=top><TD class="" id=nlc_team_0 width=75>Chicago</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlc_w_0>85</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlc_l_0>56</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlc_pct_0>.603</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlc_gb_0>-</TD></TR><TR class=data id=mil_data vAlign=top><TD class="" id=nlc_team_1 width=75>Milwaukee</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlc_w_1>81</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlc_l_1>60</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlc_pct_1>.574</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlc_gb_1>4.0</TD></TR><TR class=data id=stl_data vAlign=top><TD class="" id=nlc_team_2 width=75>St. Louis</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlc_w_2>75</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlc_l_2>66</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlc_pct_2>.532</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlc_gb_2>10.0</TD></TR><TR class=data id=hou_data vAlign=top><TD class="" id=nlc_team_3 width=75>Houston</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlc_w_3>74</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlc_l_3>67</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlc_pct_3>.525</TD><TD class=alignCenter id=nlc_gb_3>11.0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Say what you would like but when September passes the Cubs will still be making a run IN the playoffs.

If the pitching staff is healthy and they don't have any major injuries between now and then, they will have as good a shot as any to win it all.

:+whipping:+whipping:+whipping
<table border="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>TEAM</td><td class="alignCenter">W</td><td class="alignCenter">L</td><td class="alignCenter">%</td><td class="alignCenter">GB</td></tr><script type="text/javascript">buildRows(standings_rs_nlc);</script><tr class="data" id="chc_data" valign="top"><td class="" id="nlc_team_0" width="75">Chicago</td><td class="alignCenter" id="nlc_w_0">85</td><td class="alignCenter" id="nlc_l_0">56</td><td class="alignCenter" id="nlc_pct_0">.603</td><td class="alignCenter" id="nlc_gb_0">-</td></tr><tr class="data" id="mil_data" valign="top"><td class="" id="nlc_team_1" width="75">Milwaukee</td><td class="alignCenter" id="nlc_w_1">81</td><td class="alignCenter" id="nlc_l_1">60</td><td class="alignCenter" id="nlc_pct_1">.574</td><td class="alignCenter" id="nlc_gb_1">4.0</td></tr><tr class="data" id="stl_data" valign="top"><td class="" id="nlc_team_2" width="75">St. Louis</td><td class="alignCenter" id="nlc_w_2">75</td><td class="alignCenter" id="nlc_l_2">66</td><td class="alignCenter" id="nlc_pct_2">.532</td><td class="alignCenter" id="nlc_gb_2">10.0</td></tr><tr class="data" id="hou_data" valign="top"><td class="" id="nlc_team_3" width="75">Houston</td><td class="alignCenter" id="nlc_w_3">74</td><td class="alignCenter" id="nlc_l_3">67</td><td class="alignCenter" id="nlc_pct_3">.525</td><td class="alignCenter" id="nlc_gb_3">11.0</td></tr></tbody></table>

:+textinb3

Alright Mr. Ego, how about your favorite pizza if the Cubs don't make the playoffs, to a can of diet pepsi for me if they do. Those seem like fair odds with a 4 game lead. oij213490

Cubs would have to pretty much have to go 5-16 the rest of the way to miss the playoffs. Phillies would, at the same time, would have to go 14-7 the rest of the way

Cubs will still win the Central imo, as the Brewers can't take advantage of this losing streak

Thank you for being honest. It could happen, but it would be very difficult for them to not get into the playoffs and with Z's tendon issues, and their slumping I think they have to be thinking get there and then make the run.

dustdevil

EOG Dedicated

The 1 guy you dont let beat you on the Cards, Pujols, you first pitch fastball to. They are doing it to themselves. Nobody else to blame but themselves.

that lump in their throat continues to grow..................................

texansfan

EOG Master

Cubs are lucky that the Brewers are stinking up the place as well. The 4th best team in baseball is now 4 games outta the Wild Card.

rjt721

EOG Master

rjt is so scared to play me
1. I don't know what this have to do with the Cubs.
2. I just sent you a PM saying I would play you.
3. I can't think of anything I want less in life than being good at video games.
4. Cubs suck.

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated

tony larussa enjoys his last 'ever' home series vs the cubs.

one thing cardinal fans can look forward to is finally seeing the 'meatgrinder' and his 'lackey' gone in '09...

both should end up in 'starbuck village'.