You cant get much more Bush League than what Florida just did!

PO69

EOG Master
Up 28-0 in the third quarter. It is 4th and 15. But that doesnt tell the whole story. The ball was on Hawaii's 30 yard line!

Of course Florida runs the fake punt!

Re: You cant get much more Bush League than what Florida just did!

Up 28-0 in the third quarter. It is 4th and 15. But that doesnt tell the whole story. The ball was on Hawaii's 30 yard line!

Urban Meyer is as Bush as you can get. I've noticed it ever since he began at Florida. He was leaving a tired and hurt Tebow in games even towards the end of the season last year when Fla was up 28 to 35 pts and the other team had already submitted.. Not only was he doing that, he was running Tebow on the ground up 35 in the 4th.

The guy has no concept of sportsmanship. Im all for making sure you win the game, and win impressively, but he goes way past that. He left Tebow in so many games last year from beginning to end when they won by more than 4 touchdowns. Plus, he is such a fucking jerk.

I can't wait until Florida has a down year. I hope it is a collected effort to embarrase this asshole. Not his kids, but him.

ballwonder

EOG Master

Good for Florida hope they cover as I have them in Docs contest.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

u saying anything is bushleague is quite the cliche` :rolleyes:

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

100% agree - and happy he did it since i have the Gators -35

waco

EOG Dedicated

I loved it. When you give 35 1/2, you need plays like that. That was one beautiful play.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

disagree with that...as long as their is time on the clock, the game is still on....i see nothing wrong with trying a trick play to see how it works....if it was something you would do in a tie game, then its fair game when u have a big lead.....and i had no wager on the game at all.....

trick plays are often tried when you are "no mans land" there.....

its up to the defense to stop it....not up to Florida to quit trying...

Now i DO AGREE on the points about taking the stars out when up that much in 4th quarter, i think that is more irritating than trying a trick play.....Tebow should get rested when they can, since he is such a versatile and important cog in the machine.....but i dont think u have to run it up the gut 3 times and keep punting just becuase you are up big......u can still get valuable practice on plays that you cant get at scrimmage..

disagree with that...as long as their is time on the clock, the game is still on....i see nothing wrong with trying a trick play to see how it works....if it was something you would do in a tie game, then its fair game when u have a big lead.....and i had no wager on the game at all.....

trick plays are often tried when you are "no mans land" there.....

its up to the defense to stop it....not up to Florida to quit trying...

Now i DO AGREE on the points about taking the stars out when up that much in 4th quarter, i think that is more irritating than trying a trick play.....Tebow should get rested when they can, since he is such a versatile and important cog in the machine.....but i dont think u have to run it up the gut 3 times and keep punting just becuase you are up big......u can still get valuable practice on plays that you cant get at scrimmage..
totally disagree. i think you run fake fg's and punts when the game is tight, not when you are up 4 touchdowns and are clearly playing an inferior foe.
i do agree you dont run it up the gut 3 times, but at least let your bench come in and run your offense when your up 49-0 in the 3rd quarter. he is a total dick, and it makes it fun to hate florida.

PO69

EOG Master

No reason to run that play in the first game of the season.

I am sure that teams are now studying their exact blocking scheme and maybe this will actually hurt them later in the year

Last I checked, a 28-0 lead in the 3rd Q isn't exactly insurmountable. I see nothing wrong with what they did. You are obviously just a Florida hater.

Sorry for your loss. :finger004

Apple

Banned

Urban Meyer told the alumni to give the -34 points.. Thats why he called for the fake punt.

Last I checked, a 28-0 lead in the 3rd Q isn't exactly insurmountable. I see nothing wrong with what they did. You are obviously just a Florida hater.

Sorry for your loss. :finger004

28-0 in the 3rd quarter of the first game of the year. hawaii had amassed about 10 yards of offense, and it also gave meyer the chance to get his FG kicker game activity.. would have been a 47 yarder, a great test. they had no chance to lose the game.

does this :finger004 make you feel like a real man? hope it does. gimp.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

Is this why it upset you?

1. Nebraska under 63 best bet
2. Hawaii under 71
3. Hawaii +36.5
4. Colorado St +11.5
5. USC under 45.5
6. Florida International +36
7. Colorado under 60
<!-- / message -->

PO69

EOG Master

Why would that silly contest upset me enfuego???

Wrong as usual enfuego.

But guys, what exactly did Florida learn? Lets see, NO ONE ON THE FIELD expected the fake punt. I mean the ball was on the FLORIDA 30 yard line. I made a mistake above in what I posted. In other words, Florida was 70 YARDS from the end zone on 4th and 15.

Maybe now it makes sense. I did post the wrong info above and am just now seeing that

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

Why would that silly contest upset me enfuego???

Wrong as usual enfuego.

But guys, what exactly did Florida learn? Lets see, NO ONE ON THE FIELD expected the fake punt. I mean the ball was on the FLORIDA 30 yard line. I made a mistake above in what I posted. In other words, Florida was 70 YARDS from the end zone on 4th and 15.

Maybe now it makes sense. I did post the wrong info above and am just now seeing that

If it's silly then don't participate. It's a probably a waste of time for you to make picks and me to grade so just don't play.

my fault, no FG, wouldve been a punt... still pointless to me.

i am a fla hater yes, but a meyer hater really. but these are some reasons for this... no one likes a jerk. simply put, i think meyer is basically a jerk by many of his decisions on the field.

Apple

Banned

I love when coaches do unorthodox things..

28-0 in the 3rd quarter of the first game of the year. hawaii had amassed about 10 yards of offense, and it also gave meyer the chance to get his FG kicker game activity.. would have been a 47 yarder, a great test. they had no chance to lose the game.

does this :finger004 make you feel like a real man? hope it does. gimp.

You're just wrong, so STFU and quit crying.