WILL THE REPUBLICANS EITHER CANCEL OR DELAY THEIR CONVENTION?

durito

EOG Senior Member
Re: WILL THE REPUBLICANS EITHER CANCEL OR DELAY THEIR CONVENTION?

they'd cancel the election if they could

Some talk of a mini convention Wed- Thurs only, If gustuv really does some bad damage.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Katrina didn't stop Bush/McCain from celebrating the Az senator's birthday 3 yrs ago.

ouch

EOG Dedicated

Not a chance. The logistics make it impossible, i.e. hotel reservations, plane reservations, scheduling snafus, etc. In truth, they will be better off if Bush, Chaney, McCain and Bambi don't give any speeches at all.

You don't need a convention to start the type of campaigning that they are about to embark on.

Not a chance. The logistics make it impossible, i.e. hotel reservations, plane reservations, scheduling snafus, etc. In truth, they will be better off if Bush, Chaney, McCain and Bambi don't give any speeches at all.

You don't need a convention to start the type of campaigning that they are about to embark on.

if they go to a 2 day convention would not be alot of rah rah and ballons falling from the ceiling just enough to get the 2 main speeches in and both starting with thoughts are with those hurt by gustuv

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

McCain has said he is going to Louisiana to help - he wants to make sure things are handled properly.

phoich4

EOG Addicted

If there were damage Mcain would be better served going down there and helping throughout the day and then give his speech from there as well rather than giving it in MSP

If they have the convention, the line moves to Obama -450. The sad part is they still might have it.

mr merlin

EOG Master

Will someone explain to me how, if gustuv hits new Orleans and devastated the city, this hurts the republicans/Mccain? I saw the dipshit michael moore is dreaming that this storm is sent from heaven - i guess god wanted to devastate cuba to make a few liberals happy over the 2008 republican convention?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Will someone explain to me how, if gustuv hits new Orleans and devastated the city, this hurts the republicans/Mccain?

thank you - i ask the same thing

the Repubs should NOT cancel or delay but rather maybe scale it back. they really can't delay it too much because the Twins do come back home one week from Monday and they will need a lot of time to clean the place up

The Prez nominee normally doesn't appear at the convention until the last day when he gives his speech so he can spend Mon/Tue and maybe even Wed in NO if he wants and still be there Thursay to accept

too much has been planned and set aside for this - they can't delay this even if they wanted to. hotel rooms, airfare, rental cars, media invasion, parties PAID FOR - all of that has already happened so no chance they can delay

The Devil

EOG Master

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I ENDORSE THIS CONVENTION................

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated

Maybe McCain can do a fly by of New Orleans like Bush did in 2005. Then hurry and come back to the convention.

If they are smart they hold the convention.
On the first night they pass around the hat
and collect money for relief aid. This should be
over $100,000. (Hell I'll give $1000 and another
$5000 if they permanently close the damned city
of New Orleans.)
Then on air they explain that
AMERICANS DEPEND ON EACH OTHER IN HARD/TRYING TIMES
NOT THE GOVERNMENT

Probably a better move to cancel it or really tone down the hoopla than to proceed. Gustav (isn't that a great name for a hurricane? Very intimidating, much better than Hurricane Betty) provides an excuse for Bush not to appear at the convention, and removes any need for the Republicans to compete with the Democratic extravaganza last week.

If you're going to be hit by a hurricane, an election year is the time. All the candidates will be right down there in "the eye of the storm," to show the people how much they care. And a few photo ops might be in order too.