Illini/Mizzou FINISH!!!!!

Re: Illini/Mizzou FINISH!!!!!

Couldn't really tell how good Missouri is. At times they looked un-stoppable and at others the looked like Clemson on D.

I have no clue what happened. I had Missouri -9.5 as the last leg of a 3-teamer last night and was following the score on Yahoo and I saw a final of Mizzou by 3 and thought I had lost, and then later they won by ten.

What a country!

Commentator even alluded to the extra point being "big" for certain people out there.

I had already marked Mizzou down as a winner, guess it wouldn't have really been THAT weird for Illinois to go for 2 there since it didn't matter either way.

It was a wild game. Seemed only fit to have a final TD with no time left on the clock and the announcer talking about how meaningful the extra point still was to "a lot of people".

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated

Why did they kick the extra point with no time left on the clock???

Is that a new rule change or something????

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Illini had its ups and downs... I am very excited about tis team though. The game could of went either way but that int really hurt a comeback..

I'm surprised we didn't see a Pete Carroll-like move and have them go for 2 at the end even with nothing on the line. But why risk having an 11 point loss for the poll-sters to see when you can get the pretty sure 10.

Journeyman

EOG Master

according to all the new rules I just checked, there's no mention.

I know in OT they don't kick it.

pvcpipe

EOG Master

i went to the game. these three annoying fraternity guys in front of me bet 2500 on Mizzou -11. (i was pulling for them to lose from the jump because of the awful number they took. i guess i have a little winkyduck in me). they were jumping around and hugging each other after mizzou's pick 6 with like 3 minutes left to go up 17. after the last play of the game i thought they were going to cry (they obviously didn't have 2500 between them) and i felt guilty for pulling against 'em.

newb411

EOG Enthusiast

i went to the game. these three annoying fraternity guys in front of me bet 2500 on Mizzou -11. (i was pulling for them to lose from the jump because of the awful number they took. i guess i have a little winkyduck in me). they were jumping around and hugging each other after mizzou's pick 6 with like 3 minutes left to go up 17. after the last play of the game i thought they were going to cry (they obviously didn't have 2500 between them) and i felt guilty for pulling against 'em.

it's amazing how often an extra point or 2 can come back to bite you

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

i went to the game. these three annoying fraternity guys in front of me bet 2500 on Mizzou -11. (i was pulling for them to lose from the jump because of the awful number they took. i guess i have a little winkyduck in me)

thanks for thinking of me

my guess is they played it w/a local and as we all know when you play the home team(s) with a local you lay more points or get less points than you do anywhere else

and i agree - got what they deserved for laying -11 when there was plenty of numbers out there that woulda cashed their ticket