HURRICANE GUSTAV ABOUT TO BE A CATEGORY 5!!!!

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated
Re: HURRICANE GUSTAV ABOUT TO BE A CATEGORY 5!!!!

Mine too...Me and ray are best friends and grew up in same neighborhood about 10 min from French Quarter. It almost brought us both to tears to see it after Katrina. Unless you have lived their you could probaly not understand the loyalty to the city people have. We love the Saints through thick and thin and they suck. People will go back because they are loyal. The funny thing is that I lived there for 23 years and we never had weather problems like this. It always hit somewhere else. Besides a terrible crime rate it is a great city with food unmatched...Ohhhhhhhhhhhh for a roast beef or shrimp poboy right now..or a Central Grocery Muffaletta ....My prayers are with all down there especially our close friends and my parents who are evacuating. They have lived there 65 years...The whole situation is brutal..Keep them in your prayers..TY

a lot of those evacuees will be coming here to memphis.we pretty much have a terrible crime rate here also but other than that i've always loved living here.i met a nice family that moved a couple doors down from me that came here after katrina hit and they finally moved back in january and me and my girlfriend are wondering if we might hear from them again due to this bad weather.

Mine too...Me and ray are best friends and grew up in same neighborhood about 10 min from French Quarter. It almost brought us both to tears to see it after Katrina. Unless you have lived their you could probaly not understand the loyalty to the city people have. We love the Saints through thick and thin and they suck. People will go back because they are loyal. The funny thing is that I lived there for 23 years and we never had weather problems like this. It always hit somewhere else. Besides a terrible crime rate it is a great city with food unmatched...Ohhhhhhhhhhhh for a roast beef or shrimp poboy right now..or a Central Grocery Muffaletta ....My prayers are with all down there especially our close friends and my parents who are evacuating. They have lived there 65 years...The whole situation is brutal..Keep them in your prayers..TY

Will say a prayer for your friend,family and community. This is about to another catastrophic event that will open the US goverments' eyes to the need to not allow inhabitants of certain N.O parrishes along with a COMPLETE overhaul of the water management system. Whoever is elected president will be forced to realize that failure to improve the livability in one city, will show that a country may be too much to handle.

Angelsfire

EOG Dedicated

The ships in the Gulf are saying 46+foot waves out in the Gulf. Damn!!!:(

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Gotta love it...

Uninsured homeowners get flood settlements from the major carriers even though they were only covered for fire and wind. Drives the rates up for the rest of the country.

Thanks fools that live below sea level.
You have to be one of the most self centered money grubbing fukers i have ever met on any of these type of sites. You are worrying about your insurance rates while these people are shitting their pants? What does it feel like to wake up every day and spend every second of the day thinking about money? I bet you have pillow cases and matching sheets with dollar bills printed on them. Freakin pathetic.

ballwonder

EOG Master

My be a cat 4 I here when makes landfall tommorow morning. Also going right now slighlty west of N.O.

Barack Obama transcends hurricanes.

If he were President, he could turn this storm around, barreling toward Nicaragua.

Cue the music.

You have to be one of the most self centered money grubbing fukers i have ever met on any of these type of sites. You are worrying about your insurance rates while these people are shitting their pants? What does it feel like to wake up every day and spend every second of the day thinking about money? I bet you have pillow cases and matching sheets with dollar bills printed on them. Freakin pathetic.

What about the mfrs who ran around looting Thor.

I CAN FULLY understand people that went in those places and got the necessities for themselves and their family (food,water,diapers,clean change of clothes), but f'n pathetic people stealing TV's and electronics, jewelry and shit

That's why some people don't feel sorry for many of these folks, after seeing some of the crap that went on last time.

And it'll be chaos afterwards this time. People coming back into town, gun in hand to protect their stuff. Gonna be ugly

texansfan

EOG Master

It should sometime Monday afternoon. Houston won't be an evacuation center for this one. Although I did get quite a bit of OT from Katrina, still am for that matter.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

all joking i did in this thread aside. I hope this does not cause any of our posters any harm.

be safe.:cheers

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Agreed, even if you are that big a douche, this isn't the time to announce shit like that.

The Devil

EOG Master

7 AM REPORTS SAY TO HIT LAND AT ABOUT NOON WITH WINDS AROUND 115 MPH.......STILL CAT 3................

Storm downgraded to a Cat 2, and now approaching landfall

The Devil

EOG Master

yes catagory 2, but still packing 110 mph winds........

Mobile doing good-just rain and about 30 -40 mph winds,the water in the creek not even in the yard.Probaly not 2-3 feet above normal.

Panic

EOG Dedicated

Saints end up in LA in next 2 years , where will the Hornets play now that Oak City has a team

If Saints go anywhere, it will be San Antonio. That is where Benson is from and he tried to move them there after the Katrina disaster, but the people in New Orleans fought it.

The news channels were hoping for a whopper to justify their expense of placing so many live crews down there. They pump this stuff up so big to garner big ratings.

Looks like this one is All Hat and No Cattle.

It's B.S. Ken...

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=515 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tdb13c>Sunday, August 31, 2008</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 8px">Lefty Bloggers Go After Palin's Daughter</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tx10c1 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 8px; PADDING-TOP: 8px">Posted by: Amanda Carpenter at 5:47 PM</TD></TR><TR><TD class=mainBlogtext>Members of the lefty blogosphere haven't stopped perpetuating the rumor Sarah Palin "faked" her last pregnancy and are now humiliating her daughter Bristol on the blatantly incorrect suspicion she is the real mother of baby Trig.

"Sarah Palin is NOT the Mother"
is the title of this DailyKos blog that accuses Bristol, a completely fit-looking adolescent teen, of having a "baby bump" in a photo they allege was taken March 9th of this year.

"Sarah, I'm calling you a liar" wrote blogger ArcXIX. "And not even a good one. Trig Paxson Van Palin is not your son. He is your grandson. The sooner you come forward with this revelation to the public, the better. <!-- polls come after this -->" Photos of Bristol with detailed commentary about her abdomen are contained in the post.

Not only is the DailyKos disgustingly inspecting Bristol's midriff with all the fervor of LA paparazzi examining J-Lo's or Jennifer Aniston's washboard stomachs for evidence of a "bump," the DailyKos is wrong on when the photo was taken. It was taken, and published, by the Anchorage Daily News in 2006. Baby Trig, a child with Down's Syndrome, was born on April 18, 2008. That's a long time for a teen girl to be carrying a "bump" which looks nothing more than the curve of a tight sweater.
Shortly after Palin was announced as McCain's VP, bloggers at the Kos started ginning up the rumor Palin faked her pregnancy, allegedly to cover for an illegitimate grandchild, because she looked so fit and trim in photos taken a few months before giving birth.

This is only the latest in outrageous attacks against Palin as a mother. Fox News anchor Alan Colmes, of Hannity & Colmes, titled a recent post on his blog Liberaland "Did Palin Take Proper PreNatal Care?" In it, he wondered if she somehow was at fault for having a disabled child. Colmes took down the post after being attacked by the blog Wizbang and later reposted a screenshot of the blog to prove he "wasn't running away from what I posted."

Update: I originally mentioned this Kos rumor in a blog post about CNN's John Roberts's insinuation Palin would not give adequate care and attention to Trig if she became VP.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

August West

Rambler

I've actually read up a bit on this and it seems like it could be true. She didn't announce her pregnancy till she was supossedly 7 months, but she doesn't even look pregnant in pictures.

Then apparantly she was giving a speach in texas when her water broke. She finished the speech, then flew a commercial flight to Alaska and then gave birth. My wife just had a baby and she was fighting contractions 2 hours after her water broke. Flying would have been beyond impossible.

And to top it off, her oldest daughter missed 4 months of school just before and after the baby was born because she had a "bad case of mono". Oh, and there are pics of her with a bit of a belly.

Not only is the DailyKos disgustingly inspecting Bristol's midriff with all the fervor of LA paparazzi examining J-Lo's or Jennifer Aniston's washboard stomachs for evidence of a "bump," the DailyKos is wrong on when the photo was taken. It was taken, and published, by the Anchorage Daily News in 2006. Baby Trig, a child with Down's Syndrome, was born on April 18, 2008. That's a long time for a teen girl to be carrying a "bump" which looks nothing more than the curve of a tight sweater.

The Daily Kos and the rest of the left-wing blog machine wouldn't "lie' about a Republican, would they ?? :finger004

Panic

EOG Dedicated

Nice to see the liberals still dwelling at the bottom of the barrel regarding class.

The Devil

EOG Master

Nice to see the liberals still dwelling at the bottom of the barrel regarding class.

IT WILL ALL BE FORGOTTEN WITH OBAMA'S CONCESSION SPEECH:houra:houra:houra:houra:houra:houra:houra:houra:houra:houra:houra:houra:houra:houra:houra:houra:houra:houra:houra:houra

I went through the eye of Charlie so I feel for those people. I know what it is like to just about lose everything.