NY Reb's Opening College Football

tool21

EOG Dedicated
Re: NY Reb's Opening College Football

Nice to see your around for another College football season Reb. Good luck this year!!

BOL this year Reb....just a quick question tho. if you are buying a half point on all your games, shouldn't you reflect that in you YTD record?
u posted 1-2 -6* if your games are -120 shouldnt it be 1-2 -7*?

not bashing at all, just a Question.

BOL with ur late action

BOL this year Reb....just a quick question tho. if you are buying a half point on all your games, shouldn't you reflect that in you YTD record?
u posted 1-2 -6* if your games are -120 shouldnt it be 1-2 -7*?

not bashing at all, just a Question.

BOL with ur late action

Hi Micelli. Good to see you.

I didn't mean to imply that I buy a half point on all my games. It's simply that I buy the hook: if it's 3.5, I'll buy to 3; and in today's case, I'm buying to 7 instead of risking the 7.5.

In the purest sense, you are right; if I'm playing a game at -120, and heaven forbid it loses, then I should by all rights reflect that in my units. I'll have to reflect on this.

It's not a new question. It's mostly that I detest the math involved in this whole process, and like to do it as simply as possible. I figure if I keep an accurate won/loss record, the units plus or minus will reveal how I do on 7* or 10* plays more than anything else.

On the other hand, on those occasions when I get a game at -107 or -105 or +100, I keep score the same way, with a general -110 for all games. I am happy to openly admit that my way of keeping a record isn't an exact science. If I am a * or two off either way, I apologize to all in advance.

Having said all that, to my knowledge my record is as accurate as possible; and it seems senseless to post games on a public board unless you're going to keep an accurate record so that folks will have some idea how much weight to give your recommendations.

It would not serve my purposes in any way to knowingly fudge my record. What could I gain by that? My ego isn't such that I need to impress anonymous gamblers on the Internet. Most people know that when I start losing, which surely happens now and then, I stop posting until I start winning again.

Anyway, Micelli, good to hear from you. Thanks for the question, and I hope I answered it to your satisfaction. Best of luck to you this football season.

Thanks for the response NY, totally understand. Lets make some cash this year man. Start it off right with these 10*'s. :cheers

Reb....you da man!!! Glad to see you back around this season man...that means bank for we that follow:houra

Hello NYREB, I think that is fine the way you do your units (like I am anybody) but it makes sense to me.

By the way do you know what your record was last year as far as the *10 are concerned. I bet your *10's at $100 and the others for like $7 and $5 a piece.

Thanks for your time.

dogkatcher

EOG Enthusiast

I had a opening line of -9 on Ole Miss, glad to see the public going the other way. Best of Luck this season, always look forward to your picks, and of course especially the 10*. Have a great season once again.

alkimyst

EOG Senior Member

Good Luck tonight, Reb. Here's to another profitable football season!!:cheers

Saturday recap:

6-2 (+33.8*)

10* USC -19 (W 52-7)
10* Ole Miss -7 (W 42-24)
10* Alabama +5 (W 34-10)
7* Oklahoma St -7 (W 39-13)
7* Mississippi St -7 (L 14-22)
5* Florida -34 (W 56-10)
5* Oregon -14 (W 44-10)
5* Wyoming -12 (L 21-20)

Hope everyone enjoyed a great day.

gofur876

EOG Addicted

Also lost on Cowboys, always do. Don't know why the hell I play that tm? Same w/Clemson, a very poorly coached tm. IMO. Bowden will never win the tough ones it seems. BTW nice day, I too had the Trojans & Cats. If Stoops can get these guys to play some D, it looks like Tuitama & Co. may have a good yr.!

Last edited:

Thanks for all the kind comments, guys.

Maybe another play Monday night in this same thread. Nothing for today (Sunday).

Guys, just a head's up, I will have plays on both of today's televised games.

Be back real soon.

Well sometimes no play is the right play. This Fresno/Rutgers game was a hard call to make, could go either way.

On the under.

Well sometimes no play is the right play. This Fresno/Rutgers game was a hard call to make, could go either way.

On the under.
Exactly what I was thinking, Thriller. Good luck on your under.

Just really looked like it could go either way. Lean was on Rutgers, but I learned my lesson Thursday night about playing games only because they are on TV.

I'm still looking at the Tenn/UCLA game and watching the lines at the major books. This game is weird to me. Seems like everyone, including logic, is all over Tennessee, yet the line rests at 7. That makes me suspicious. The line should be moving. Does anyone know something I don't know?

Will be back with the play about 2 hours before gametime. Hate to keep anyone waiting, but I don't want to blow the call just for the convenience of....whomever. Nothing personal12io4j2w90

I could be wrong but there wasn't a whole lot of line movement on any games this weekend was there?

5* Tennessee -7
Guys, this play looks way too obvious to me, so I am treading lightly on it. I wouldn't venture too much of our winnings from Saturday on this game; there will be much stronger plays to come.

I like the Vols here, although I don't like that they are a road favorite, or that it is obviously a public play. Still, it's not like the public hasn't won some money this weekend.

I truly expected this line to rise higher, and the fact that it has steadily remained the same only further casts suspicions on this game to me. Still, there's no reason that I know of that Tennessee shouldn't cover this tonight.

Best of luck.

wick city

EOG Enthusiast

It will be interesting to see how the Neuheisel(sp?) and Chow regime starts out, thats for sure.

locksonly

EOG Senior Member

Well said Reb.....It has "trap" written all over it!! Tons of Tennessee action and the line doesn't budge????? Something smells run........

unclebob53

EOG Senior Member

Reb,
Bucks County?

Fresno was a gift. No negatives of particular import I could see.
Same w/ Tenn.

What is this nonsense about a trap play. Does the line actually affect how the gm is played?
I have been at this many many yrs and I am amused about all this trap BS.
Just like betting on a tm because it has "value"
Value never won a gm in any sport. If the value tm actually wins or beats the spread it is jiust a coincidence.

Believe me if you bet vs traps or on value tms, in the long run you would be broke.
Any contrary opinions???

UNC

Good luck Reb. I like TN for a small play as well.

Uncbob, with all due respect, if traps and value is BS (which I personally don't put much emphasis on these terms either) then how could betting against "them" make you go broke? :+clueless

Contradictory if I am reading you correctly. No worries tho. Good luck to all!

Happy Labor Day.

Nice job so far NYREB! I have enjoyed reading youre thread.

Home dog, under the light's, on national TV, less then 10, public on the road favorite. I'm just a simple lurker but don't I remember someone making money last year winning that bet over and over?

Tool was that you?

tool21

EOG Dedicated

Home dog, under the light's, on national TV, less then 10, public on the road favorite. I'm just a simple lurker but don't I remember someone making money last year winning that bet over and over?

Tool was that you?

I did make some money on this last year....I am on UCLA + and ML tonight but i was also on Rutgers earlier and lost that. It just seems too easy to take Tennessee -7 and 70%+ of the public is on them.

Nice to know my memory has not failed me.

I had some fun following you with that last year.