West Virginia Football...

WVU

EOG Master
are they as good as last year? I do not think so, but a title shot is not out of the question.

The Mountaineers will win the Big East easily. USF is the only other contender, but this year WV rolls them.

I give this team a 25% chance of an undefeated regular season due to their schedule.

I give them a 50% chance of 11-1.

I have them at 90% chance of BCS berth. I don't think there is another team in the country that is as big a shoe in for a BCS birth as WV. I also do not think any other team has as good a shot to run their entire schedule unscathed.

BELIEVE IT. EMBRACE IT.
oij213490

WVU

EOG Master
Re: West Virginia Football...

If East Carolina can win it will be their biggest in school history by far. I will go with a reality check for the Pirates. WV>VaTech

West Virginia wins by 2-3 tds here.

- Colorado should score enough points to keep it competitive.
- Auburn should be a handful.
- Despite this weekend's showing, I don't need to explain why Pittsburgh will be very dangerous.
- USF could very well be the best team in the Big East and that final game of the regular season could very well be the be the conference title game.

Tough to see them losing more than one game, but I figure one of the above teams will find a way to at least somewhat slow down Pat White and Co. while taking advantage of a mediocre WVU defense. That's no guarantee, though.

Lucky for the Mountaineers, they're in the Big East. What a joke of a conference, with MAYBE one team equipped to take advantage of their weaknesses.

Other than WVU, I'd say BYU, USC, and Missouri have the best shots of finishing the regular season undefeated...but none are as good as WVU's chances.

WVU

EOG Master

- Colorado should score enough points to keep it competitive.
- Auburn should be a handful.
- Despite this weekend's showing, I don't need to explain why Pittsburgh will be very dangerous.
- USF could very well be the best team in the Big East and that final game of the regular season could very well be the be the conference title game.

Tough to see them losing more than one game, but I figure one of the above teams will find a way to at least somewhat slow down Pat White and Co. while taking advantage of a mediocre WVU defense. That's no guarantee, though.

Lucky for the Mountaineers, they're in the Big East. What a joke of a conference, with MAYBE one team equipped to take advantage of their weaknesses.

Other than WVU, I'd say BYU, USC, and Missouri have the best shots of finishing the regular season undefeated...but none are as good as WVU's chances.

I agree with everything you say here. (imagine that) By far the 2 toughest games for WV will be Auburn and USF, but luckily those are both home games. I would not want to be betting the Pittsburgh side in this year's game. They suck and will get a taste of revenge and will have plenty of Mountaineer fans egging on a rout in Pittsburgh.

The Big East will not be as good as the last few years, but still better than the ACC. Miami wins the ACC IMO.

waco

EOG Dedicated

I didn't like WVU gave up 400 yards to Villanova.

WVU

EOG Master

The defense will always be suspect. The WV corners need some experience (and skill) but you have to outscore WV's offense to beat them and that is not likely to happen with the teams on the schedule.

Villanova had the ball most of the game it seemed. WV scored often, but quickly. Villanova was impressive in time of possession for sure <TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right><TD class=bi align=left>Possession</TD><TD>Villa 37:22</TD><TD> WVU 22:38</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

jacksorbetter

EOG Dedicated

The defense will always be suspect. The WV corners need some experience (and skill) but you have to outscore WV's offense to beat them and that is not likely to happen with the teams on the schedule.

Villanova had the ball most of the game it seemed. WV scored often, but quickly. Villanova was impressive in time of possession for sure <TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right><TD class=bi align=left>Possession</TD><TD>Villa 37:22</TD><TD>WVU 22:38</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Remember, Villanova is in the bottom tier of Colonial teams. I live 5 minutes from Villanova and know some of the kids on the team (local high school grads). They will be fighting my Towson Tigers for the bottom of the league.

If there is a dropoff, it will show in 2009-10. They will win with RR's recruits this year. Have to see if the new guy can recruit.

the glue

EOG Veteran

Me and Tony Montana are going to the WVU Auburn game,can't wait....GO WVU.....:+excited-:cheers:houra

WVU

EOG Master

Joke of a conference...kinda like when WVU was independant.

WVU would be conference champ in other joke conferences as well. I will take the 90% shot at a BCS birth and 25% shot at 12-0 anytime. Would having Miami, Vatech and Boston College make them a bigger joke or less of a joke?

WVU would be conference champ in other joke conferences as well. I will take the 90% shot at a BCS birth and 25% shot at 12-0 anytime. Would having Miami, Vatech and Boston College make them a bigger joke or less of a joke?

Having VA tech, BC, and Miami would make them less of a joke. They may be down this year but have been solid since joining the ACC(Except Miami lately). Miami might actually be better this yr than BC or Va tech. Miami should be better than they have been the past 2 yrs.

WV is a good team, no doubt. I just wander what they would do if they faced tough opponents week in and week out. If they were in the SEC we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I like to see WV play and wish ya'll the best this yr. Hope ya'll win the conference. :cheers

Apple

Banned

I agree with everything you say here. (imagine that) By far the 2 toughest games for WV will be Auburn and USF, but luckily those are both home games. I would not want to be betting the Pittsburgh side in this year's game. They suck and will get a taste of revenge and will have plenty of Mountaineer fans egging on a rout in Pittsburgh.

The Big East will not be as good as the last few years, but still better than the ACC. Miami wins the ACC IMO.

You must love Miami plus 3 TDs this Saturday against Florida.. I wouldn't give up on Clemson..

rjt721

EOG Master

Colorado + and ML in two weeks might be my biggest bet this year. WVU's not winning that game.

WVU

EOG Master

Miami may lose big to Florida, but I still think they go 9-3 or 8-4 and win the conference.

WV was winning the conference back when Miami, Vatech and BC was there as well.

WVU

EOG Master

Colorado + and ML in two weeks might be my biggest bet this year. WVU's losing that game.

You must be high. White will run all over this defense. WV wins by 17 in Boulder

newb411

EOG Enthusiast

You must be high. White will run all over this defense. WV wins by 17 in Boulder

i'm guessing somewhere in between these two predictions.. obviously when your name is WVU, I have to dock some points just because of the homer effect..

but good luck with this one

jacksorbetter

EOG Dedicated

Not a chance in hell. Cody will throw all day and Darrell Scott run all day on that WVU defense. Hawk will give Stewart a coaching lesson for free.

WVU

EOG Master

Colorado is like the 5th toughest game on WV's schedule. Yes i am a homer, but this homer has been to quite a few BCS bowl games lately. Colorado hasn't been good in a a long time

jacksorbetter

EOG Dedicated

And how many titles came out of those BCS games?

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" bgColor=#1e3fcd border=1><TBODY><TR><TD>1990 </TD><TD>Colorado
Georgia Tech </TD><TD>11-1-1
11-0-1</TD><TD>Bill McCartney
Bobby Ross</TD><TD>FWAA, NFF, USA/CNN, AP
UPI </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

rjt721

EOG Master

Colorado hasn't been good in a a long time
That's why they brought in one of the 5 best coaches in the country. Dan Hawkins in year 3... the Buffs will be a problem for everyone this season.

jacksorbetter

EOG Dedicated

Also, WV has been to two BCS games while Colorado has been to one. Not exactly a huge discrepancy.

WVU

EOG Master

Also, WV has been to two BCS games while Colorado has been to one. Not exactly a huge discrepancy.

true dat. It seems like more but 3 out of 4 years is pretty dominant (after this year). They also beat up on a great Georgia team in '06 and an overrated but supposedly great OKlahoma team last year.

I surely have been overlooking Colorado on this year's schedule. I better do some studying...

edit...nope I still think WV wins by close to 17.

jacksorbetter

EOG Dedicated

true dat. It seems like more but 3 out of 4 years is pretty dominant (after this year). They also beat up on a great Georgia team in '06 and an overrated but supposedly great OKlahoma team last year.

I surely have been overlooking Colorado on this year's schedule. I better do some studying...

edit...nope I still think WV wins by close to 17.

That same Oklahoma team that Colorado beat last year when they were undefeated and ranked #3 in the country? That Boulder air can do some strange things to teams.

Colorado is no Villanova......in hoops.

WVU

EOG Master

That same Oklahoma team that Colorado beat last year when they were undefeated and ranked #3 in the country? That Boulder air can do some strange things to teams.

Colorado is no Villanova......in hoops.

White can run a 4.3 forty in thick air. I imagine he could go 4.25 in your Boulder air. Devine will be even more impressive. That little guy also benches 405.

I want a blowout, but for you I hope it stays close for 3 quarters.
:cheers

jacksorbetter

EOG Dedicated

White can run a 4.3 forty in thick air. I imagine he could go 4.25 in your Boulder air. Devine will be even more impressive. That little guy also benches 405.

I want a blowout, but for you I hope it stays close for 3 quarters.
:cheers

What positions on defense do White and Devine play? Berry with no Dingle is useless as is the rest of that D.

I also have yet to see a game where a bench press contest broke out. There are some strange things that go on in West Virginia though.

jacksorbetter

EOG Dedicated

Also, is it a coincidence that the West Virginia favorite song is song by John DENVER?

Almost Heaven....Colorado