Electoral map reality

JC

EOG Veteran
I thought this deserved its own thread.

All of you McCain cheerleaders, look at the map and tell us how McCain is going to win. Kerry got 252 electoral votes. So Obama needs to pick up Kerry+18. He can do it without Ohio and Florida.

1) Will McCain win any Kerry states?

2) Will Obama win Ohio (20) or Florida (27)? (McCain can't win without them.)

3) Who will win the following states?

a. Colorado (9)
b. New Mexico (5)
c. Nevada (5)
d. Virginia (13)
e. Iowa (7)

The next President will probably be determined by the above five states. If Obama can pick up 18 electoral votes among them and hold the Kerry states, he wins.

BCTTWR

EOG Dedicated
Re: Electoral map reality

If McCain had picked Romney he would have locked up Nevada. Now I think Obama takes Nevada. NM, Nevada, Colorado should do it. Obama takes Iowa too. Last I checked, Obama -149 at Matchbook. Bet it.

mr merlin

EOG Master

Mccain wins virginia, NV and new mexico, possibly colorado. You forget that mccain has a chance in Mich and even Penn., which makes the above moot.

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

I thought this deserved its own thread.

All of you McCain cheerleaders, look at the map and tell us how McCain is going to win. Kerry got 252 electoral votes. So Obama needs to pick up Kerry+18. He can do it without Ohio and Florida.

1) Will McCain win any Kerry states?

2) Will Obama win Ohio (20) or Florida (27)? (McCain can't win without them.)

a. Colorado (9)
b. New Mexico (5)
c. Nevada (5)
d. Virginia (13)
e. Iowa (7)

The next President will probably be determined by the above five states. If Obama can pick up 18 electoral votes among them and hold the Kerry states, he wins.

The last Democrat to carry the state of Virginia in a Presidential election was Lyndon Johnson in 1964.

The Grand Old Party (GOP) has voted for the Republican Presidential candidate ever since.

The Munchkin Man will be deeply shocked and saddened if Barack Obama carries Virginia this year.

The Munchkin Man might even move to Alaska.

On the other hand, the Munchkin Man's fears have subsided since reading the following piece of political analysis:

http://townhall.com/Columnists/MattM...history?page=2

The following is an excerpt:
_____

"In 2004, President Bush comfortably won Virginia (8% win). While the state seems to be trending democrat given recent statewide races, a democrat presidential candidate hasn?t won Virginia since President Johnson?s landslide in 1964. Two sitting U.S. senators from Illinois and Delaware with extremely liberal records aren?t going to convince the voters outside of Northern Virginia to vote for them. Given McCain?s military credentials and Virginia?s strong presence of military men and women, McCain should carry Virginia, which would give him 229 electoral votes."
_____

Best Wishes,

Munchkin Man

If McCain had picked Romney he would have locked up Nevada. Now I think Obama takes Nevada. NM, Nevada, Colorado should do it. Obama takes Iowa too. Last I checked, Obama -149 at Matchbook. Bet it.

If McCain had picked Romney, he would have had a good chance at taking Michigan as well

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

I see this as an OBAMA 60-70 point college win, I dont think it will be a nail biter

Dante

EOG Veteran

obama wins not sure if that is 100% good for the USA but he wins this year without a doubt

Rookie Project

EOG Member

Reminds me of a quote in the paper about some rich New Yorker saying "How could Nixon win? Everyone I know voted for McGovern." See what you want to see JC.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

a. Colorado (9)
b. New Mexico (5)
c. Nevada (5)
d. Virginia (13)
e. Iowa (7)

I think you're right, JC...(wow, NV only has 5 electoral votes?)...but so is Mr Merlin..."You forget that mccain has a chance in Mich and even Penn., which makes the above moot."

Let's bring this post back up after the election to see how perspicacious both of you were<!-- / message -->

JC

EOG Veteran

I think you're right, JC...(wow, NV only has 5 electoral votes?)...but so is Mr Merlin..."You forget that mccain has a chance in Mich and even Penn., which makes the above moot."

Let's bring this post back up after the election to see how perspicacious both of you were<!-- / message -->

I think McCain's best chance for Michigan was with Romney. I don't think it's in play anymore. I also think PA is safe for Obama now, especially with Biden.

I personally think Obama will pick up Iowa, Colorado, and New Mexico. Nevada maybe. Virginia is a tough call, demographics are changing there.

JC

EOG Veteran

Reminds me of a quote in the paper about some rich New Yorker saying "How could Nixon win? Everyone I know voted for McGovern." See what you want to see JC.

If I was seeing what I would want to see I would tell you it's Ron Paul across the board!

What I see are the polls. Look at these sites:

www.electoral-vote.com

and

www.fivethirtyeight.com

They combine all of the latest polls.

I would get a good chuckle if McCain won the popular vote and Obama won the electoral college.

What do you see? Many people on here remind me of the old AOL sports chat rooms. Maybe they are still the same, haven't checked in in years. An endless stream of idiots calling out their team's name, almost primal. Some of these posts are no better than "Obama sucks" and "McCain bites."

So tell me, please answer my three original questions or spare me your childish taunting.

MikeOswald

EOG Dedicated

Has been a lot of talk that McCain may take Wisconsin, a major democratic state, a repub has taken the state since 1988