Boston scores 2 in the 8th to go up 4-3

BoSox will be in first in the AL East if they win.

Boston Inning Summary
- D. Wheeler relieved G. Balfour
- J. Lowrie struck out swinging
- D. Pedroia grounded out to shortstop
- K. Youkilis walked
- J. Bay homered to deep left, K. Youkilis scored

Re: Boston scores 2 in the 8th to go up 4-3

Time for the SAWX fans on here to come out and perform verbal fellatio on Jason Bay.

PO69

EOG Master

Homerun 4-4

Fucking papelbon! Still no outs

rjt721

EOG Master

That's what happens when you throw one pitch. Don't know why Papelbon's completely abandoned throwing his split of late.

That's what happens when you throw one pitch. Don't know why Papelbon's completely abandoned throwing his split of late.

Funny you mention this. The other day I was reading about how Pap smear has ditched the splitter for a slider, which doesn't miss bats nearly as often as the split...but more often than not he's just been sticking with the straight fastball to get by.

No idea why he abandoned the splitter.

Journeyman

EOG Master

The slider just speeds up the bat , ask Armando Benitez, he was notorious for allowing homers while trying to sneak his slider in there...he cost Balto a WS too.

Black Bart

EOG Addicted

The Rays are pretty resilient....nice comeback in a tough place against a tough closer. The race is going to be interesting.

Now, how can any baseball fan with any knowledge believe truely that the Rsox will win the division.

I believe that 9th inning win by the Rays came against the Rsox best starter, big time closer, and without the services of: Longoria, Crawford, Upton, and Baldelli.

Make a case Rsox fans, I'm dying to hear this.

Come on Capper, that's the best you can do. The Rays played without argueably their 4 best players if not best 2 and 4 of 5.

Who's decision was it to have him pitch again. Other teams will announce their closer isn't available if pitched consecutive days with high pitch counts.

Let's not forget they had the bull pen to hit against in the last 3 innings and they managed a 2 run HR after a walk and that's it, so actually the Rays only had their Ace in for 2/3 of the game.

Now on a managers note, why didn't he use a pinch hitter as soon as Kotsay walked. If he steals 2nd, goes to 3rd on a wild pitch he scores possibly on Ortiz's fly ball. Poor game management late and I think he is a good manager, but dropped the ball there.

DA MAN,

When I grow up and become rich and famous and buy a MLB team I think I am gonna look you up to manage it. You are on top of this shit like no other.

You think of things I dont see even after watching bases for 20 years. 12io4j2w90

OSU,

Thanks but I don't really want to manage a bunch of big whiners, prefer the 13 yr olds for next year. :cheers

Bos wins tonight and they take the division. They'll be 1/2 game out. Weekend series TB (33-36 road) goes to NYY (40-31 home).

Tor goes into Bos ( 49-20 home). Purcey 5.23 ERA pitches Friday for Tor. On Sunday Bos has 14-5 3.23 ERA pitching which means Bos is a good size favorite Fri and Sun. Tor hasn't even named a starter Sat.

the glue

EOG Veteran

Sox win the div. hear that......:finger004:cheers:+excited-:+textinb3