My First Hockey Write-Up of the Year (10/14)

VegasDave31

EOG Enthusiast
Take the Ducks/Kings OVER 5.

The Kings have looked useless on offense so far this season, scoring only one goal in 120 minutes of play against the Sharks.

With tons of young talented stars in Kopitar, Brown, O'Sullivan, Frolov, Stoll, Moulson, Moller, Boyle, etc etc, this is a trend that will not keep up. Yes it is a young team that will definitely go through growing pains, but the talent is definitely there. They are a good team on the power play, and the Ducks love taking penalties, which should provide ample opportunity for the Kings to find the net a few times.

The Ducks, meanwhile, are the reason this bet will cash. With Jack Johnson out, the Kings already horrible defense will be even worse. Jason Labarbera will be playing his 3rd game in 4 nights, and he's been getting a steady barrage of shots; he has to be tired. With young players galore on the Kings, the Ducks should have plenty of odd-man breaks the other way.

Lastly, 5 is just too low for these teams. Yes, obviously players and goalies have changed, but they always seem to get revved up for these games and score some goals. If you bet the OVER 5 over the last 3 years in this rivalry, you'd be 14 - 3 - 7

07/08:

4 - 1 Kings 5
4 - 1 Ducks 5
4 - 3 Ducks 7
6 - 3 Ducks 9
3 - 2 Ducks 5
3 - 1 Kings 4
2 - 1 Ducks 3

4 - 3 Ducks 7

06/07:

4 - 3 Ducks 7
3 - 2 Ducks 5
4 - 3 Ducks 7
3 - 2 Kings 5
3 - 2 Ducks 5
4 - 3 Kings 7
4 - 3 Kings 7
5 - 3 Kings 8

05/06:

3 - 1 Ducks 4
4 - 3 Kings 7
6 - 2 Ducks 8
3 - 2 Kings 5
6 - 2 Ducks 8
4 - 3 Ducks 7
6 - 2 Ducks 8
4 - 2 Ducks 6

Good luck!

VegasDave31

EOG Enthusiast
Re: My First Hockey Write-Up of the Year (10/14)

Easy winner here, 6 - 3 Kings, 6th goal scored with 18 left in the 3rd. Hope one of the 18 views got on this!

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

i thought the ducks would be down this year but so far they are worse then i thought. the 2006-07 SC Champs are a last few seeds if that if they make the playoffs - how the Mighty have fallen

VegasDave31

EOG Enthusiast

Only 3 games into the season. Yes, there is need to be alarmed, but still lots of hockey to be played.

What stunned me was the fact that the Kings were the tougher team tonight. Hitting harder. The Ducks that won the cup were so gritty and tough and they've been punishing the soft Kings for years now. I don't doubt that the Ducks will turn things around, but where is this team's tough streak?