Pearl Comments on the new 3 point line in NCAA Hoops

mofome

Banned
The move of the three-point line to it's new distance of 20'-9'' is a big topic in college basketball as the season creeps closer. The hope from some of the proponents of the rule is that the extended line will create more space on the floor and open things up for penetration.

That's not the view Pearl takes of the new rule.

"I don't know yet. I'm big on 'if it's not broke don't fix it'. I liked the line where it was. It was working pretty well for us. They think it's going to open the lane. I think it's going to close the lane," Pearl offered. "I think people are going to back off a little bit and let certain guys shoot it. When I say they're going to let them shoot it that means they're going to be in the lane.

"Where the line was, I think you had to get out and guard everybody at the line. We put four, five guys out there, you had to guard the line. That opened the court. Now, do you have to guard everybody at the line?

"I just don't think it's going to have the desired effect."

im a fan of the new line. make the shot a little tougher.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows
Re: Pearl Comments on the new 3 point line in NCAA Hoops

im a fan of the new line. make the shot a little tougher.

College basketball was very exciting because of all the parity in the sport. There was so much parity because any team can get hot from the shorter line and beat another team on any given day/night. I think it's bad for college basketball and I enjoy watching guys knock down three, after three, because it means no team is ever out of the game.

Apple

Banned

Should of left it the way it was.. Vols lit up them 3s mofo.. Your team would score 16pts in a blink of an eye.

Gonna be interesting to see what teams like WVU will do now that they can't knock down 3 every time. Even gayt man dukies.

Seems more important to have big men now. More room to throw the ball into the paint with the court spread out more. Cuse will be even tougher now woot!

Is he going to be playing this year Mo?

Oops. Not to good at those. Didn't mean to post twice.

mofome

Banned

haha ive posted that here a couple times already. woolridge has a better one. the vols should be exciting.

:houra

This is absolutely good for the game. The high school 3-point line is a joke for most mediocre basketball players, let alone Division I guys.

I feel moving the line back is long overdue. The 3 point shot has made college hoops a hell of a lot more exciting than before they use to have it. But it's come to a point where it's almost too much of the game.

Long overdue..... wish they would have moved it back even a little farther, but this is an improvement at least

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

Agree with the last few posts. This is a needed change and I think it will help the overall flow of the game.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Move it back to the NBA line.

Pearl may change his mind, life without Lofton, things won't be as easy around that arc.

Move it farther back.

mofome

Banned

pearl doesn't plan on leaning on the 3 much this year. he just thinks this will clog it up in the middle more which he doesn't like.