Here we go with Tennis Fixing

Guess who's at the middle of something fishy in Tennis today. That's right Mr. Davydenko. He beats Rafa 6-1 in the first set and Rafa retires after being broken 3 times in one set.

Would a star of his magnitude really play through a whole set if injured while being routed. I believe some books pay after that 1st set like 5dimes, but had he retired prior to to the end of the first set I don't know if there would have been a payoff. Obviously Davydenko was a big dog or should have been one.

jacksorbetter

EOG Dedicated
Re: Here we go with Tennis Fixing

I think Rafa would be the last one to help fix a match. He is so tough he might try to play injured.

stef

EOG Enthusiast

Curious huh, both Federer and Nadal got out of this one. In about 8-9 days they got the Masters cup year end championship in China. Thinking that might have kind of wantd to get out of this tourney. Don't need extra matches and then a LONGGGGGG trip to China. Just a thought.

Chance

EOG Senior Member

I lost $1200 on Nadal at 5Dimes.

Just saw where Nadal got treatment at 4-1 in the set. Very curious when tennis players retire at the exact time the bets have action!!!!

Pretty fucked up if the No.1 player pulls a stunt like that at a reasonably big Masters event

Chance

EOG Senior Member

The big question is how the trading went on betfair. That is where the big dollars are made on the 1st set rule. If their was weird trading their then I would suspect this match.

inBaldweTrust

EOG Addicted

You want bs, watch the Roddick Tsonga match and the Roddick Challenge Fiasco...thankfully Tsonga pulled it out but it got a little ridiculous.

J

joeybagadonuts

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="90%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR class=Tr0><TH>Internet</TH><TH> Money Line
Ticket # 47104481-1
</TH><TD align=middle> 10/31/08 7:30 AM</TD><TD align=left> Tennis /Other Sports
(Rafael Nadal vrs Nikolay Davydenko)</TD><TD align=left> Nikolay Davydenko +230</TD><TH> 200/460</TH><TH noWrap> 0</TH><TD align=left> Cancelled</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:hangt

Chance

EOG Senior Member

My wife heard me scream when I saw this result. She thought I had injured myself. LMFAO.

Hate this business on days like this.

My fault I though 5dimes had the rule where the match had to be completed. I have been avoiding tennis for a few years. Now I remember why!!!

Wade

EOG Master

davy must make a fortune on the side pulling this type of shit.

Why would Davydenko only be a +240 dog against Rafa? Rafa has had some struggles, but by far #1 in the world and Davydenko has absolutely been terrible of late. Did someone know about Rafa's knee being that bad or was it? Could it have been made know that if it hurts at all he will retire the match.

That Russian is always in the middle of something. :+clueless

He whooped nadal earlier this year as well on a hardcourt. I don't see what the big deal is. Nadal had a knee injury and quit. What is that supposed to have to do with Davydenko? Hell Nadal has even said he might not play Shanghai.

DAVYDENKO -600 today and is on his way to losing ...

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg1><TD align=left colSpan=6>2nd Round - In Progress </TD></TR><TR class=bg4 align=middle><TD width="50%"> </TD><TD width="10%">1</TD><TD width="10%">2</TD><TD width="10%">3</TD><TD width="10%">4</TD><TD width="10%">5</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 align=middle><TD class=TEN385068 align=left>N. Davydenko #7 </TD><TD>5</TD><TD>4</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=bg2 align=middle><TD class=TEN385072 align=left>J. Melzer </TD><TD>7</TD><TD>4</TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

Davy is ranked top 10 in the world. he is going to be a decent sized fav against most opponents in the first round or 2 in tourneys. So, he is never allowed to lose again or it is fixed? He lost 7-5, 7-6 today....

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=nocolor id=string-11126><TABLE class=SLTables1 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg1><TD height=15>Men?s Singles - Quarter. - Completed</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=SLTables1 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg4 align=middle><TD width="46%" height=15></TD><TD width="9%">1</TD><TD width="9%">2</TD><TD width="9%">3</TD><TD width="9%">4</TD><TD width="9%">5</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=nocolor id=player0-11126><TABLE class=SLTables1 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 align=middle><TD class=TEN385471 align=left width="46%" height=21> R. Soderling #23 ? </TD><TD width="9%">6</TD><TD width="9%">6</TD><TD width="9%">6</TD><TD width="9%"> </TD><TD width="9%"> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=nocolor id=player1-11126><TABLE class=SLTables1 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 align=middle><TD class=TEN385068 align=left width="46%" height=21> N. Davydenko #10</TD><TD width="9%">1</TD><TD width="9%">3</TD><TD width="9%">1</TD><TD width="9%"> </TD><TD width="9%"> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Davy shows up when he feels like it, not today.....