Zogby Poll has McCain Taking the Lead vs. Obama

BCTTWR

EOG Dedicated
Zogby poll has McCain leading Obama 48%-47% with four days left before election day. McCain is +700 to win the presidency. Pretty good odds for a guy in the lead.

Re: Zogby Poll has McCain Taking the Lead vs. Obama

Can't trust Zogby polls. He was considered a tantamount source before last election totally blew up in his face. His numbers have been different from others all election cycle too. IMO best poll is Rasmussen.

JC

EOG Veteran

Stop cherry picking the polls.

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2008/10/todays-polls-1031.html

"unlike other recent days, there is no good news for McCain in the national tracking polls. McCain gained a point in the Rasmussen tracker; the other seven all moved toward Obama, although by mere fractions of a point in the cases of Zogby and IBD/TIPP."

ABC/Post Obama +9
AP-Yahoo Obama +7
Battleground Obama +4
Diageo/Hotline Obama +7
Gallup Obama +9
Harris Interactive Obama +6
IBD/TIPP Obama +4.4
Marist Obama +7
Rasmussen Obama +4
Research Obama +8
Zogby Obama +7

Maybe the Zogby poll you saw is newer.

This is straight from John Zogby's website:

Released: 10-31-2008
Subscribers can login here: https://interactive.zogby.com/clickon/index2.cfm
Next Release: 11-01-08, 1:00AM
UTICA, New York—The race for President appeared to slip into neutral Thursday, as support for Democrat Barack Obama and Republican John McCain moved only slightly in the last 24 hours, the latest Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby daily tracking telephone poll shows.
Part of one day’s worth of polling came after Obama’s 30-minute televised campaign pitch to voters on Wednesday, but voters didn’t seem to react one way or the other. The contest remained static with Obama garnering 50.1% support, compared to McCain’s 43.1%.
Undecideds or those who support other candidates increased slightly to 6.8% of the sample.
Even in the demographic subgroups, the race changed almost not at all. Including Election Day, there are five days left in the race.
<table width="329" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td width="113">
Week Four
Three-Day
Tracking Poll
</td> <td width="54">
10-30
</td> <td width="54">
10-29
</td> <td width="54">
10-28
</td> <td width="54">
10-27
</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="113"> Obama
</td> <td width="54">
50.1%
</td> <td width="54">
50.2%​
</td> <td width="54">
49.1%​
</td> <td width="54">
49.0%​
</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="113"> McCain
</td> <td width="54">
43.1%
</td> <td width="54">
43.3%​
</td> <td width="54">
44.4%​
</td> <td width="54">
44.7%​
</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="113"> Others/Not sure
</td> <td width="54">
6.8%
</td> <td width="54">
6.5%​
</td> <td width="54">
6.5%​
</td> <td width="54">
6.3%​
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Where are you seeing that Zogby has the race as even?

Stop cherry picking the polls.

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2008/10/todays-polls-1031.html

"unlike other recent days, there is no good news for McCain in the national tracking polls. McCain gained a point in the Rasmussen tracker; the other seven all moved toward Obama, although by mere fractions of a point in the cases of Zogby and IBD/TIPP."

ABC/Post Obama +9
AP-Yahoo Obama +7
Battleground Obama +4
Diageo/Hotline Obama +7
Gallup Obama +9
Harris Interactive Obama +6
IBD/TIPP Obama +4.4
Marist Obama +7
Rasmussen Obama +4
Research Obama +8
Zogby Obama +7

Maybe the Zogby poll you saw is newer.

JC, just a question.

Why do you put so much weight in fivethirtyeight? I agree that they have a great model from the looks of it.....but it has yet to predict anything. It has been around for less than a year and Silver will probably need to tinker with it after this election to assess its' shortcomings.

It is also not good when the site is supposed to be run by two people and only one of those people tries to be neutral. That Sean Quinn or whatever is so far left how Silver allows him to post on a "neutral scientific" website is beyond me.

One more thing, does Silver give any thanks to his father? If I remember correctly, Silver's father is a prominent political scientist at Mich St and probably the source of much of this knowledge.

BCTTWR

EOG Dedicated

The Zogby poll is for one day(Friday Oct 31st). I read it on Matt Drudge after Sean Hannity got all excited and announced it on his FNC show.

JC

EOG Veteran

JC, just a question.

Why do you put so much weight in fivethirtyeight? I agree that they have a great model from the looks of it.....but it has yet to predict anything. It has been around for less than a year and Silver will probably need to tinker with it after this election to assess its' shortcomings.

It is also not good when the site is supposed to be run by two people and only one of those people tries to be neutral. That Sean Quinn or whatever is so far left how Silver allows him to post on a "neutral scientific" website is beyond me.

One more thing, does Silver give any thanks to his father? If I remember correctly, Silver's father is a prominent political scientist at Mich St and probably the source of much of this knowledge.

I am just pointing to 538 because they include ALL of the polls. I am not passing judgment on the quality of their analysis.

Today's National Polls...

From a right slanted site (Real Clear Politics)

Polling Data

<TABLE class=data><TBODY><TR><TH class=noCenter>Poll</TH><TH class=date>Date</TH><TH>Sample</TH><TH>MoE</TH><TH>Obama (D)</TH><TH>McCain (R)</TH><TH class=spread>Spread</TH></TR><TR class=rcpAvg><TD class=noCenter>RCP Average</TD><TD>10/25 - 10/30</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>50.0</TD><TD>43.5</TD><TD class=spread>Obama +6.5</TD></TR><TR class=isInRcpAvg><TD class=noCenter>Rasmussen Reports</TD><TD>10/28 - 10/30</TD><TD>3000 LV</TD><TD>2.0</TD><TD>51</TD><TD>47</TD><TD class=spread>Obama +4</TD></TR><TR class=isInRcpAvg><TD class=noCenter>Gallup (Traditional)*</TD><TD>10/28 - 10/30</TD><TD>2116 LV</TD><TD>2.0</TD><TD>51</TD><TD>43</TD><TD class=spread>Obama +8</TD></TR><TR class=isInRcpAvg><TD class=noCenter>Gallup (Expanded)*</TD><TD>10/28 - 10/30</TD><TD>2459 LV</TD><TD>2.0</TD><TD>52</TD><TD>43</TD><TD class=spread>Obama +9</TD></TR><TR class=isInRcpAvg><TD class=noCenter>Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby</TD><TD>10/28 - 10/30</TD><TD>1201 LV</TD><TD>2.9</TD><TD>50</TD><TD>43</TD><TD class=spread>Obama +7</TD></TR><TR class=isInRcpAvg><TD class=noCenter>Diageo/Hotline</TD><TD>10/28 - 10/30</TD><TD>870 LV</TD><TD>3.6</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>41</TD><TD class=spread>Obama +7</TD></TR><TR class=isInRcpAvg><TD class=noCenter>Marist</TD><TD>10/29 - 10/29</TD><TD>543 LV</TD><TD>4.5</TD><TD>50</TD><TD>43</TD><TD class=spread>Obama +7</TD></TR><TR class=isInRcpAvg><TD class=noCenter>GWU/Battleground</TD><TD>10/27 - 10/30</TD><TD>800 LV</TD><TD>3.5</TD><TD>49</TD><TD>45</TD><TD class=spread>Obama +4</TD></TR><TR class=isInRcpAvg><TD class=noCenter>ABC News/Wash Post</TD><TD>10/27 - 10/30</TD><TD>1580 LV</TD><TD>2.5</TD><TD>53</TD><TD>44</TD><TD class=spread>Obama +9</TD></TR><TR class=isInRcpAvg><TD class=noCenter>FOX News</TD><TD>10/28 - 10/29</TD><TD>924 LV</TD><TD>3.0</TD><TD>47</TD><TD>44</TD><TD class=spread>Obama +3</TD></TR><TR class=isInRcpAvg><TD class=noCenter>IBD/TIPP</TD><TD>10/26 - 10/30</TD><TD>894 LV</TD><TD>3.0</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>44</TD><TD class=spread>Obama +4</TD></TR><TR class=isInRcpAvg><TD class=noCenter>CBS News/NY Times</TD><TD>10/25 - 10/29</TD><TD>1005 LV</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>52</TD><TD>41</TD><TD class=spread>Obama +11</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

PO69

EOG Master

You have to believe that the books are praying for a McCain victory. I am sure that they have a shitload on money on Osama

I am just pointing to 538 because they include ALL of the polls. I am not passing judgment on the quality of their analysis.

Fair enough, it is just that it seems half of your political posts I see draw from fivethirtyeight.

FWIW, I think that 538 will be a great resource in 2012, but that Silver is going to need to make changes to his model. To be fair though, there are so many random effects in play in this election (Bradley, bandwagon, reverse bandwagon, cell phones, etc.) that I would not be surprised to see many well-respected pollsters off in their predictions.

Today's National Polls...

From a right slanted site (Real Clear Politics)

Polling Data

<table class="data"><tbody><tr><th class="noCenter">Poll</th><th class="date">Date</th><th>Sample</th><th>MoE</th><th>Obama (D)</th><th>McCain (R)</th><th class="spread">Spread</th></tr><tr class="rcpAvg"><td class="noCenter">RCP Average</td><td>10/25 - 10/30</td><td>--</td><td>--</td><td>50.0</td><td>43.5</td><td class="spread">Obama +6.5</td></tr><tr class="isInRcpAvg"><td class="noCenter">Rasmussen Reports</td><td>10/28 - 10/30</td><td>3000 LV</td><td>2.0</td><td>51</td><td>47</td><td class="spread">Obama +4</td></tr><tr class="isInRcpAvg"><td class="noCenter">Gallup (Traditional)*</td><td>10/28 - 10/30</td><td>2116 LV</td><td>2.0</td><td>51</td><td>43</td><td class="spread">Obama +8</td></tr><tr class="isInRcpAvg"><td class="noCenter">Gallup (Expanded)*</td><td>10/28 - 10/30</td><td>2459 LV</td><td>2.0</td><td>52</td><td>43</td><td class="spread">Obama +9</td></tr><tr class="isInRcpAvg"><td class="noCenter">Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby</td><td>10/28 - 10/30</td><td>1201 LV</td><td>2.9</td><td>50</td><td>43</td><td class="spread">Obama +7</td></tr><tr class="isInRcpAvg"><td class="noCenter">Diageo/Hotline</td><td>10/28 - 10/30</td><td>870 LV</td><td>3.6</td><td>48</td><td>41</td><td class="spread">Obama +7</td></tr><tr class="isInRcpAvg"><td class="noCenter">Marist</td><td>10/29 - 10/29</td><td>543 LV</td><td>4.5</td><td>50</td><td>43</td><td class="spread">Obama +7</td></tr><tr class="isInRcpAvg"><td class="noCenter">GWU/Battleground</td><td>10/27 - 10/30</td><td>800 LV</td><td>3.5</td><td>49</td><td>45</td><td class="spread">Obama +4</td></tr><tr class="isInRcpAvg"><td class="noCenter">ABC News/Wash Post</td><td>10/27 - 10/30</td><td>1580 LV</td><td>2.5</td><td>53</td><td>44</td><td class="spread">Obama +9</td></tr><tr class="isInRcpAvg"><td class="noCenter">FOX News</td><td>10/28 - 10/29</td><td>924 LV</td><td>3.0</td><td>47</td><td>44</td><td class="spread">Obama +3</td></tr><tr class="isInRcpAvg"><td class="noCenter">IBD/TIPP</td><td>10/26 - 10/30</td><td>894 LV</td><td>3.0</td><td>48</td><td>44</td><td class="spread">Obama +4</td></tr><tr class="isInRcpAvg"><td class="noCenter">CBS News/NY Times</td><td>10/25 - 10/29</td><td>1005 LV</td><td>--</td><td>52</td><td>41</td><td class="spread">Obama +11</td></tr></tbody></table>

Shrink, do you think that RCP is less biased than 538? I have not seen anything terrible from Silver, but Quinn's bias is beyond ridiculous.

wideopen21

EOG Addicted

Zogby's daily tracking poll will still have Obama up on Saturday.

This was just polling from one day. That is why the pollsters mainly do 3 day rolling polls (which is what Zogby does) to avoid coming off as a moron when you announce results based on 400 people.

Gallup and Rasmussen also do daily tracking polls. But imagine if after every 400 calls they make, they announced random results. Well this is basically what Zogby released to drudge. Now Zogby gets his rocks off because this is big news to repubs and Drudge gets his breaking right wing biased story.

This is exactly why you have to look to sites like Pollster.com, RCP and 538.com. They take all the polling data and merge it to get a greater picture. And based on all of those sites, Obama has a 6.5 point lead.

If we wake up and Rasmussen has Obama and McCain tied, then i will be worried, but it won't happen.

reanimator

EOG Addicted

Polls generally are somewhat meaningful but they don't mean shit in this year's election. No one person can get a firm fix on the economy problems but that will fix itself eventually. People with a brain know this and don't need Obama's lecturing to comprehend it.

1 in 7 voters say they haven't made their minds up yet, but this too is from a poll. What many analysts believe is that most of these people have been for Obama all along, but since McCain's been hammerring away at Obama's disturbing admiration for an odd amount of radical thinkers and doers as well as his complete inexperience in the dangers we face in the world, responsible people are now beginning to think about their choice of The Messiah for their next President now that the financial crisis is not taking over everyone's minds 24/7.

This is the most interesting and important election in a generation. Afterwards, we'll either feel safe like we do now under Bush, or several million of us can kiss our ass goodbye. Plus, those brave soldiers who are fighting in Iraq keeping terrorism over there as well as giving a brand new life of freedom without persecution to Iraqis, will either complete the job with the pride due them all along and then come home, or pack up, leave in shame and arrive back on US soil as Murtha the traitor and Obama the coward who's never served says "as soldiers who did nothing but kill Iraqi citizens all along".

The Zogby poll is for one day(Friday Oct 31st). I read it on Matt Drudge after Sean Hannity got all excited and announced it on his FNC show.
that's because the dems were away from home busing their children for trick or treating

The Dumbest Story Ever Told
Lawrence Kudlow, Intrade

Submitted: 10 31 2008

Today’s GDP report showed a small contraction of 0.3 percent. But stocks went up nearly 200 points anyway. Many observers believe the thirdquarter downturn was not a catastrophe, especially if you factor in hurricanes and the Boeing strike. On top of that the short-term tax rebates ran out in the third quarter, and that helped depress consumer spending, which did fall 3.1 percent.

However, inventories are quite low after three quarterly declines. And business capex shipments actually rose slightly in the three-month period ending in September. So there’s no collapse, at least yet, in business investment.

Most analysts expect a much worse drop in the fourth quarter, ranging between a 3 and 4 percent contraction. But they are not factoring in a roughly $200 billion annual drop in consumer energy expenses that will accrue from the collapse of oil and gasoline prices. This is going to be a big consumer booster.

Meanwhile, credit markets continue to defrost and commercial paper is now rising again, as is inter-bank lending. So the economic story may not be near as bad as the consensus thinks. Remember, of course, the Fed is pumping in cash at a huge rate. That’s going to help the whole story.

The dumbest thing I heard today on the economy was a statement from Sen. Obama. He says the decline in GDP is “a direct result of the Bush administration’s trickle down, Wall Street first, Main Street last policies that John McCain has embraced for the last eight years and plans to continue for the next four.”

Wait a minute. Did I miss something here? After the bursting of the tech bubble and the 9/11 attacks, George Bush lowered tax rates across-theboard for individuals and investors. The stock market rallied uninterruptedly for five years. The economy expanded from the end of 2001 to the end of 2007. Are we to really believe the Obama narrative that cutting tax rates is the cause of this downturn? Not the credit shock? Not the Obama-supported government mandate to sell unaffordable homes to low-income people and to pressure Fannie and Freddie to securitize these loans? And not the oil shock, as well?

It was really tax cuts that caused this recession?

That’s the dumbest story ever told.

Polls generally are somewhat meaningful but they don't mean shit in this year's election. No one person can get a firm fix on the economy problems but that will fix itself eventually. People with a brain know this and don't need Obama's lecturing to comprehend it.

1 in 7 voters say they haven't made their minds up yet, but this too is from a poll. What many analysts believe is that most of these people have been for Obama all along, but since McCain's been hammerring away at Obama's disturbing admiration for an odd amount of radical thinkers and doers as well as his complete inexperience in the dangers we face in the world, responsible people are now beginning to think about their choice of The Messiah for their next President now that the financial crisis is not taking over everyone's minds 24/7.

This is the most interesting and important election in a generation. Afterwards, we'll either feel safe like we do now under Bush, or several million of us can kiss our ass goodbye. Plus, those brave soldiers who are fighting in Iraq keeping terrorism over there as well as giving a brand new life of freedom without persecution to Iraqis, will either complete the job with the pride due them all along and then come home, or pack up, leave in shame and arrive back on US soil as Murtha the traitor and Obama the coward who's never served says "as soldiers who did nothing but kill Iraqi citizens all along".

Although I wouldn't go as far to say as they don't mean shit, they are absolutely less valuable than in the past.

To me, the strangest thing was before the Dow really plummeted 2 months ago. At that point, I read poll after poll saying that more trusted McCain with the economy than Obama. When the economy tanked, I thought that McCain's numbers would rise, but the opposite happened. Obama's lead grew despite the original polls that voters felt more confident in McCain's stewardship.

reanimator

EOG Addicted

I believe Obama's quick rise after the financial crisis began was superficial. It wasn't Bush's fault and it certainly wasn't McCain's, who is on record of being the only one trying to avert it when the warning signs went up. You've also heard Obama make a similar claim but we've since discovered that was just another of his CTA lies born out of his special recipe of 2 parts spin/8 parts lick my ass and like it then praise me.

Barney Frank is the #1 moron behind what happened, and his sleeping with an exec at Freddie Mac proved he was covering up all along. He could have stopped it in its tracks, yet chose to mislead investors for his own profiting. Now the disgusting butt-banging queer can't even take 1% of the responsibility for his idiocy. Any wonder why Massachusetts is the home of the most putrid collection of liberals and homos east of SF?

BCTTWR

EOG Dedicated

Damn you're ignorant. As an Iraqi war veteran, I would educate your ass but your mind is nailed shut evidence your parroting the draft dodging junkie Rush Limbaugh. Bush protect us? The dipshit Bush has created a new generation of hating Arabs that want to kill americans. Al-Qaeda is as strong as ever as far as volunteers eagerly joining.

Its funny how gas bag Rush tells his flock of sheep that the race is close. Come Wednesday, you'll realize that you were played.

reanimator

EOG Addicted

Damn you're ignorant. As an Iraqi war veteran, I would educate your ass but your mind is nailed shut evidence your parroting the draft dodging junkie Rush Limbaugh. Bush protect us? The dipshit Bush has created a new generation of hating Arabs that want to kill americans. Al-Qaeda is as strong as ever as far as volunteers eagerly joining.

Its funny how gas bag Rush tells his flock of sheep that the race is close. Come Wednesday, you'll realize that you were played.

As a purported Iraqi war veteran you might want to "take a guess" how the majority of Iraqi's feel about the freedom we've given them the opportunity to experience, and how they no longer live in fear of death or torture from an unscrupulous dictator. If you are really a vet then you are one dumb shit.

One thing you assholes like to ignore because it hurts, is how Bush said we would have no more attacks here on his watch and he didn't lie. You never have a reply for that one do you....:hangt

And pussy Democrats are quick to claim "waaa, waaa----jeepers Uncle Bill, there's a whole lot more Arab terrorists now thanks to Bush than there was yesterday!" Guess what genius: They're mostly over there and we're killing them daily. You read too much NY Times and LA Times, and listen to Madonna and Sean Penn whine too much. In fact, they prey on weakened minds like yours just for fun.

Don't listen to rush and really don't care if Obama wins. I'll feel safer and unlied to if McCain gets in, but I just DROOL at the possibility of watching Repubs ripping Obama a new one every time he goes back on campaign promises, gets caught up in all his lies, and shows off his vast inexperience while we're treated to seeing hippie, homo and homeless/jobless whacko liberals running for cover every time he puts his foot in his mouth.
It'll be OUR TURN NOW!!:party

BBC Sez:
The film, titled Dear Mr Obama, is the most-viewed election-related video on the YouTube website, attracting more than 11 million hits.

12million currently
sez a lot about the public's taste in political Videos.
nothing fancy, very simple -- unlike Obama's Greek columns and 1/2 hour ad

reanimator

EOG Addicted

Do you think liberal idiots will EVER get it?

Oh wait a minute! It's only Rush and Savage and O'Reilly and Hannity who tell the truth about Obamination!:houra Wasn't it Air America that went bankrupt trying to get a collection of liberal nutjobs to listen to their lies about what's really going on?

reanimator

EOG Addicted

BBC Sez:
The film, titled Dear Mr Obama, is the most-viewed election-related video on the YouTube website, attracting more than 11 million hits.

That's gotta rip their little hearts out with every word. Guess we've seen the last of Obama and his lies visiting troops in Iraq, pres. or not!

CUBSFAN

EOG Veteran

I consider myself a die hard republican

I will be voting an all republican ballet

HOWEVER, if (and when I believe) the dems win this election the Republicans got what they deserved...

Republicans are moving from their conservative roots into the interest of big business.... Soon they will realize thats not what America stands for......

BBC Sez:

That's gotta rip their little hearts out with every word. Guess we've seen the last of Obama and his lies visiting troops in Iraq, pres. or not!
over 12 million now
what's the over/under by tuesday?

wideopen21

EOG Addicted

Despite that one day blip on the map for McCain, the overall numbers for McCain are the same as they have been for the last month:

Released: 11-01-2008
Subscribers can login here: https://interactive.zogby.com/clickon/index2.cfm
Next Release: 11-02-08, 1:00AM
UTICA, New York -- Republican John McCain made a small gain against Democrat Barack Obama and has pulled back within the margin of error, now trailing Obama by five points, 49.1% to 44.1%, the latest Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby daily tracking telephone poll shows.

To be fair though, there are so many random effects in play in this election (Bradley, bandwagon, reverse bandwagon, cell phones, etc.) that I would not be surprised to see many well-respected pollsters off in their predictions.

I agree wholeheartedly. Though my observation is anecdotal, I've seen other reports which support my perspective. When I voted last week, I notice a startling increase in the percentage of minorities waiting in line to vote--for over an hour! I don't believe that the usual demographic assumptions regarding registered voters who don't vote will be accurate in this election. I'm looking forward to seeing if my wild-card prediction proves to be prescient. . .

I think you will see a shitty minority turnout vote in Florida because of the lines. It is hilarious. In rural Nassau County (70+% Republican), you are in and out of the polls. In Orange County (Orlando) there are already early voting lines of 3+ hours and they are predicting that on election day some polling places will have lines of 5-6 hours. We all know who that favors.

One of the many reasons why I think McCain wins Florida. Let's just say I have all the money I made through primaries and scalping on McCain as an underdog in Florida, Ohio, and NC. Don't feel near as confident about Ohio anymore, but I think the prices on McCain to win NC and FL are INSANE.

I don't know about the lines keeping people from showing up. The people I saw (of all races) seemed to show a stoic determination; almost like a hunter would look when it becomes time to kill off his favorite hunting dog because it's gone rabid or loco. The analogy is clear, I think. . .

As for Florida, I believe I saw that Crist has unilaterally extended voting hours under his authority to respond to emergencies. I know he did this for early voting, not sure about election day, though. . .The extended hours of course would aid a Democratic turnout.

I always wondered this. Why would the McCain campaign not pay someone very popular in the black community to hold a concert or show or some shit from 5 PM - 8PM? Something like a Rapalooza with Ludacris, 50 cent, and others in a key battleground state. Blacks are turning out 95%+ for Obama....why would you not do something like this to stem the tide?

Maybe the Rovian "geniuses" now flying the McBush campaign into the ground are too old, white and inflexibly focused on the base?

Maybe the Rovian "geniuses" now flying the McBush campaign into the ground are too old, white and inflexibly focused on the base?

Quite possibly.

I think we are about to see a schism in the Republican Party, possibly by next election. The Republicans are going to have to become more centrist after this election and I think there will be a huge fight between the moderate Republicans and the Religious right and that fight will result in a split and a third party religious right candidate. Barring a McCain upset, will happen in 2012 or 2016.

mr merlin

EOG Master

Another poll came out today that has it close in PN, this thing is going to be close and I still think mccain might win.

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated

Nevada Republican Senator John Ensign has just put the last nail in the McCain coffin:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/

Ensign says Palin not up to being president

Nevada Sen. John Ensign, who heads the NRSC, said in a Las Vegas interview late this week that Joe Biden is more qualifed than Sarah Palin and that an argument can be made that she has hurt the ticket.

Ensign's analysis is perhaps the most extended critique of the Palin pick and her subsequent rollout from any prominent Republcian.

His comments come as the NRSC moves to distance itself from McCain, airing ads in two races that assume the GOP nominee will lose and warning of complete Democratic control of the capital.

Some Republicans, including those not tied to McCain's campaign, believe Ensign is already moving to shift blame for Senate losses.

"No doubt it has been a tough year, but he's been so undisciplined," said one senior Senate aide, noting these and other candid comments about the GOP's dim prospects. Ensign, this official said, must take some of the blame for the party's poor recruitment of Senate challengers.

"It will be a real disappointment if he isn't challenged," said this source, alluding to who will head the NRSC in the 2010 cycle.

Ensign has signaled that he won't likely serve another term atop the campaign committee. Sen's John Cornyn and Norm Coleman are talked about as potential successors.

as usual an attack on Palin while Obama is far worse qualified
hell there's plenty of regular 50K/year jobs out there that require 5 years experience
and Obama has 3

reanimator

EOG Addicted

I agree wholeheartedly. Though my observation is anecdotal, I've seen other reports which support my perspective. When I voted last week, I notice a startling increase in the percentage of minorities waiting in line to vote--for over an hour! I don't believe that the usual demographic assumptions regarding registered voters who don't vote will be accurate in this election. I'm looking forward to seeing if my wild-card prediction proves to be prescient. . .

So tell us genius voter, could it possibly be that so many minorities were in line because ACORN, supported by the Muslim candidate for Pres., got them off the welfare and unemployment lines and in from the homeless shelters to do his dirty deed??

it's my understanding that voting early means significantly more time in line
so it doesn't surprise me