Did jakethompson get fired?

Re: Did jakethompson get fired?

Fired from what?

I may have been the fantasy sports advice guy at another website... I have written for a number of fantasy websites in the past; most notably fantasybaseball.com.

Anyway, I was definitely not fired and I left on good terms and now I am hanging out over here so if anyone has any fantasy sports questions feel free to ask.

I am not always right but I have a nice history at winning the fantasy leagues so if you feel like some advice.... you have a guy...

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Jake while I respect you and your opinions for the most part.... Im going to be honest with you.... I dont think you are that great of a fantasy expert. Honestly last baseball season you took Russel martin like 1st or 2nd round ahead of much better options.... That right there made me believe you had no idea what you were doing... Dont take this the wrong way im just telling u my opinion. Royalfan and myself are the 2 top fantasy sports guys on the forums imo

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

I may have been the fantasy sports advice guy at another website... I have written for a number of fantasy websites in the past; most notably fantasybaseball.com.

Anyway, I was definitely not fired and I left on good terms and now I am hanging out over here so if anyone has any fantasy sports questions feel free to ask.

I am not always right but I have a nice history at winning the fantasy leagues so if you feel like some advice.... you have a guy...

What is up Jake?? LOVE fantasy bases and have won like 4 championships myself. FOotball the key players rule and either produce big or maybe get injured and that is the story. Bases, you can mold your team. Love fantasy baseball. I want to compete against you next year in a league for fun. My leagues are semi serious so cannot say that I am a pro but pretty decent. Thanks man.

ballwonder

EOG Master

Jake while I respect you and your opinions for the most part.... Im going to be honest with you.... I dont think you are that great of a fantasy expert. Honestly last baseball season you took Russel martin like 1st or 2nd round ahead of much better options.... That right there made me believe you had no idea what you were doing... Dont take this the wrong way im just telling u my opinion. Royalfan and myself are the 2 top fantasy sports guys on the forums imo

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=tabClickedSmall>West</TD><TD class=tabClickedSmall align=middle>W</TD><TD class=tabClickedSmall align=middle>L</TD><TD class=tabClickedSmall align=middle>T</TD><TD class=tabClickedSmall align=middle>PCT</TD><TD class=tabClickedSmall align=middle>STR</TD><TD class=tabClickedSmall align=middle>PF</TD><TD class=tabClickedSmall align=middle>PA</TD><TD class=tabClickedSmall align=middle>Waiver</TD></TR><TR class=gridItemSummary onmouseover="this.className = 'gridHoverItem';" onmouseout="this.className = 'gridItemSummary';"><TD>AcesFull</TD><TD class=left align=middle>6</TD><TD class=left align=middle>2</TD><TD class=left align=middle>0</TD><TD class=left align=middle>.750</TD><TD class=left align=middle>W1</TD><TD class=left align=middle>1090.00</TD><TD class=left align=middle>900.00</TD><TD class=left align=middle>10</TD></TR><TR class=gridItemSummary onmouseover="this.className = 'gridHoverItem';" onmouseout="this.className = 'gridItemSummary';"><TD>Bensonville</TD><TD class=left align=middle>6</TD><TD class=left align=middle>2</TD><TD class=left align=middle>0</TD><TD class=left align=middle>.750</TD><TD class=left align=middle>W3</TD><TD class=left align=middle>1070.00</TD><TD class=left align=middle>979.00</TD><TD class=left align=middle>8</TD></TR><TR class=gridItemSummary onmouseover="this.className = 'gridHoverItem';" onmouseout="this.className = 'gridItemSummary';"><TD>The Pink Pu$$y Eaters</TD><TD class=left align=middle>5</TD><TD class=left align=middle>3</TD><TD class=left align=middle>0</TD><TD class=left align=middle>.625</TD><TD class=left align=middle>W2</TD><TD class=left align=middle>973.00</TD><TD class=left align=middle>802.00</TD><TD class=left align=middle>2</TD></TR><TR class=gridItemSummary onmouseover="this.className = 'gridHoverItem';" onmouseout="this.className = 'gridItemSummary';"><TD>Rebels</TD><TD class=left align=middle>4</TD><TD class=left align=middle>4</TD><TD class=left align=middle>0</TD><TD class=left align=middle>.500</TD><TD class=left align=middle>L2</TD><TD class=left align=middle>897.00</TD><TD class=left align=middle>973.00</TD><TD class=left align=middle>9</TD></TR><TR class=gridItemSummary onmouseover="this.className = 'gridHoverItem';" onmouseout="this.className = 'gridItemSummary';"><TD>5 Star Bomb</TD><TD class=left align=middle>3</TD><TD class=left align=middle>5</TD><TD class=left align=middle>0</TD><TD class=left align=middle>.375</TD><TD class=left align=middle>W3</TD><TD class=left align=middle>828.00</TD><TD class=left align=middle>1012.00</TD><TD class=left align=middle>4</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Although I have the same record as you, I dont proclaim to be good. Better luck next year.:rolleyes:

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>11-02-08 07:02 AM</TD></TR><TR title="Post 1665022" vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 align=middle width=125>5 star bomb</TD><TD class=alt1>Re: Did jakethompson get fired?
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>Jake while I respect you and your opinions for the most part.... Im going to be honest with you.... I dont think you are that great of a fantasy expert. Honestly last baseball season you took Russel martin like 1st or 2nd round ahead of much better options.... That right there made me believe you had no idea what you were doing... Dont take this the wrong way im just telling u my opinion. Royalfan and myself are the 2 top fantasy sports guys on the forums imo </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Really 5star? From what I see below you're not even one of the top 4 on this site.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=tabClickedSmall>West</TD><TD class=tabClickedSmall align=middle>W</TD><TD class=tabClickedSmall align=middle>L</TD><TD class=tabClickedSmall align=middle>T</TD><TD class=tabClickedSmall align=middle>PCT</TD><TD class=tabClickedSmall align=middle>STR</TD><TD class=tabClickedSmall align=middle>PF</TD><TD class=tabClickedSmall align=middle>PA</TD><TD class=tabClickedSmall align=middle>Waiver</TD></TR><TR class=gridItemSummary onmouseover="this.className = 'gridHoverItem';" onmouseout="this.className = 'gridItemSummary';"><TD>AcesFull</TD><TD class=left align=middle>6</TD><TD class=left align=middle>2</TD><TD class=left align=middle>0</TD><TD class=left align=middle>.750</TD><TD class=left align=middle>W1</TD><TD class=left align=middle>1090.00</TD><TD class=left align=middle>900.00</TD><TD class=left align=middle>10</TD></TR><TR class=gridItemSummary onmouseover="this.className = 'gridHoverItem';" onmouseout="this.className = 'gridItemSummary';"><TD>Bensonville</TD><TD class=left align=middle>6</TD><TD class=left align=middle>2</TD><TD class=left align=middle>0</TD><TD class=left align=middle>.750</TD><TD class=left align=middle>W3</TD><TD class=left align=middle>1070.00</TD><TD class=left align=middle>979.00</TD><TD class=left align=middle>8</TD></TR><TR class=gridItemSummary onmouseover="this.className = 'gridHoverItem';" onmouseout="this.className = 'gridItemSummary';"><TD>The Pink Pu$$y Eaters</TD><TD class=left align=middle>5</TD><TD class=left align=middle>3</TD><TD class=left align=middle>0</TD><TD class=left align=middle>.625</TD><TD class=left align=middle>W2</TD><TD class=left align=middle>973.00</TD><TD class=left align=middle>802.00</TD><TD class=left align=middle>2</TD></TR><TR class=gridItemSummary onmouseover="this.className = 'gridHoverItem';" onmouseout="this.className = 'gridItemSummary';"><TD>Rebels</TD><TD class=left align=middle>4</TD><TD class=left align=middle>4</TD><TD class=left align=middle>0</TD><TD class=left align=middle>.500</TD><TD class=left align=middle>L2</TD><TD class=left align=middle>897.00</TD><TD class=left align=middle>973.00</TD><TD class=left align=middle>9</TD></TR><TR class=gridItemSummary onmouseover="this.className = 'gridHoverItem';" onmouseout="this.className = 'gridItemSummary';"><TD>5 Star Bomb</TD><TD class=left align=middle>3</TD><TD class=left align=middle>5</TD><TD class=left align=middle>0</TD><TD class=left align=middle>.375</TD><TD class=left align=middle>W3</TD><TD class=left align=middle>828.00</TD><TD class=left align=middle>1012.00</TD><TD class=left align=middle>4</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

70ut

EOG Enthusiast

Looks like Jake was part of budget cut backs across the street because of revenue being down since congress passed the internet gaming bill

5 star bomb

EOG Master

<table class="tborder" style="border-top-width: 0px;" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="thead" colspan="2">11-02-08 07:02 AM</td></tr><tr title="Post 1665022" valign="top"><td class="alt2" align="center" width="125">5 star bomb</td><td class="alt1">Re: Did jakethompson get fired?
<hr style="color: rgb(43, 41, 94); background-color: rgb(43, 41, 94);" size="1">Jake while I respect you and your opinions for the most part.... Im going to be honest with you.... I dont think you are that great of a fantasy expert. Honestly last baseball season you took Russel martin like 1st or 2nd round ahead of much better options.... That right there made me believe you had no idea what you were doing... Dont take this the wrong way im just telling u my opinion. Royalfan and myself are the 2 top fantasy sports guys on the forums imo </td></tr></tbody></table>

Really 5star? From what I see below you're not even one of the top 4 on this site.

<table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="tabClickedSmall">West</td><td class="tabClickedSmall" align="center">W</td><td class="tabClickedSmall" align="center">L</td><td class="tabClickedSmall" align="center">T</td><td class="tabClickedSmall" align="center">PCT</td><td class="tabClickedSmall" align="center">STR</td><td class="tabClickedSmall" align="center">PF</td><td class="tabClickedSmall" align="center">PA</td><td class="tabClickedSmall" align="center">Waiver</td></tr><tr class="gridItemSummary" onmouseover="this.className = 'gridHoverItem';" onmouseout="this.className = 'gridItemSummary';"><td>AcesFull</td><td class="left" align="center">6</td><td class="left" align="center">2</td><td class="left" align="center">0</td><td class="left" align="center">.750</td><td class="left" align="center">W1</td><td class="left" align="center">1090.00</td><td class="left" align="center">900.00</td><td class="left" align="center">10</td></tr><tr class="gridItemSummary" onmouseover="this.className = 'gridHoverItem';" onmouseout="this.className = 'gridItemSummary';"><td>Bensonville</td><td class="left" align="center">6</td><td class="left" align="center">2</td><td class="left" align="center">0</td><td class="left" align="center">.750</td><td class="left" align="center">W3</td><td class="left" align="center">1070.00</td><td class="left" align="center">979.00</td><td class="left" align="center">8</td></tr><tr class="gridItemSummary" onmouseover="this.className = 'gridHoverItem';" onmouseout="this.className = 'gridItemSummary';"><td>The Pink Pu$$y Eaters</td><td class="left" align="center">5</td><td class="left" align="center">3</td><td class="left" align="center">0</td><td class="left" align="center">.625</td><td class="left" align="center">W2</td><td class="left" align="center">973.00</td><td class="left" align="center">802.00</td><td class="left" align="center">2</td></tr><tr class="gridItemSummary" onmouseover="this.className = 'gridHoverItem';" onmouseout="this.className = 'gridItemSummary';"><td>Rebels</td><td class="left" align="center">4</td><td class="left" align="center">4</td><td class="left" align="center">0</td><td class="left" align="center">.500</td><td class="left" align="center">L2</td><td class="left" align="center">897.00</td><td class="left" align="center">973.00</td><td class="left" align="center">9</td></tr><tr class="gridItemSummary" onmouseover="this.className = 'gridHoverItem';" onmouseout="this.className = 'gridItemSummary';"><td>5 Star Bomb</td><td class="left" align="center">3</td><td class="left" align="center">5</td><td class="left" align="center">0</td><td class="left" align="center">.375</td><td class="left" align="center">W3</td><td class="left" align="center">828.00</td><td class="left" align="center">1012.00</td><td class="left" align="center">4</td></tr></tbody></table>

didnt draft that team i couldnt make the draft... i didnt even follow that team for the first 4 weeks i forgot all about it. I know my shit, carry on kid

5 star bomb

EOG Master

copying/pasting fantasy articles on the internet and using them in your '5starbomb fantasy pickups for week x' threads doesn't mean you know what you're talking about

oh, and neither does watching Sportscenter highlights and then claiming you've seen guys play all year

good job 5star

i take that as a compliment as I did that myself... Thank you sir

The Martin pick was exactly what I wanted to do and I'd do it again considering the guys that were already taken off the board. What killed me is just about everyone on my team being hurt last season. It made no sense to chase the "normal" positions when everyone else was going to town on them. Catcher made sense and I like the move. Oh well, no worries.

What is up Jake?? LOVE fantasy bases and have won like 4 championships myself. FOotball the key players rule and either produce big or maybe get injured and that is the story. Bases, you can mold your team. Love fantasy baseball. I want to compete against you next year in a league for fun. My leagues are semi serious so cannot say that I am a pro but pretty decent. Thanks man.

Sounds like a great idea. We'll definitely have to get some EOG leagues together. It's not too late to do an NBA one if you are interested...

5 star bomb

EOG Master

The Martin pick was exactly what I wanted to do and I'd do it again considering the guys that were already taken off the board. What killed me is just about everyone on my team being hurt last season. It made no sense to chase the "normal" positions when everyone else was going to town on them. Catcher made sense and I like the move. Oh well, no worries.

that is terrible strategy though... Taking the player bc of position over the better player who plays another position. Fantasy is all about best available player. Not worrying about getting the best catcher in the 1st or 2nd round

that is terrible strategy though... Taking the player bc of position over the better player who plays another position. Fantasy is all about best available player. Not worrying about getting the best catcher in the 1st or 2nd round

Fantasy is all about the best available player? Not when you have no depth at one position...

J

joeybagadonuts

Fantasy is all about the best available player? Not when you have no depth at one position...

Don't worry, Jake, 5starbum is our resident clown. Don't take anything he says serious.

mofome

Banned

hache, jake, 5, and quebbler need to get some fantasy stuff going here.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Sounds like a great idea. We'll definitely have to get some EOG leagues together. It's not too late to do an NBA one if you are interested...

I might be interested. I did hoops a few years and liked it. It also helps you get knowledge of players and teams that helps with gambling too. I have not prepared but it would not take me long. Thanks Jake.

Dante

EOG Veteran

he did not get fired... he just told me that the constant flow of hotties that want him keeps him really to busy to do fantasy football.... good luck jake

he did not get fired... he just told me that the constant flow of hotties that want him keeps him really to busy to do fantasy football.... good luck jake

Haha thanks Dante. And now you know the rest of the story! :party