BORAS WANTS 4 YRS+ FOR ALL OF HIS CLIENTS INCLUDING....

Re: BORAS WANTS 4 YRS+ FOR ALL OF HIS CLIENTS INCLUDING....

If tek gets 12 m a year, Manny should get close to 240 mil a year

WYM

EOG Dedicated

dodgers have offered 2 years and he is asking 4-5 yrs. :LMAO
he is too old to get 4-5 yrs. i dont think dodgers will go for it.

Salo

EOG Dedicated

There's no way Varitek will get 12 mil. He's a good catcher, but that guy can't hit.

biggamer3

EOG Master

I am willing to bet Varitek wont get more than a 2M per year deal

Guy is totally washed up

Ace

EOG Veteran

wonder if the economy will play into what owners will be willing to pay---you'd have to think they might be beginning to worry about attendance

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

i actually wish the yanks would get tek and give him the captain's C. Fuck Jeter i want Tek as my El Capitan!

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Are you related to Boras? Varitek is washed up as a hitter. Varitek will be lucky to get 3.5 million a year.

Borass got Fat-druw Jones $36M for 2 years

NEVER put anything past him. Tek will get about a 3-year deal for between $25-$30M

sadly

Wade

EOG Master

anyone who signs tek should have their head examined.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

anyone who signs tek should have their head examined.

and just how many times have we said that in the past only to see him work his magic?

NEVER put anything past Borass. i know 2 people who work for him and know what his presentations are like - the guy leaves NO stone unturned

also notice how he ONLY deals with MLB - the only sport w/o any cap at all - the man is no dummy

BCTTWR

EOG Dedicated

Boras could not work his magic with A-Rod the second time around. Told teams the starting bid was 350 million dollars. Out of the 30 MLB teams, there were no takers. A-Rod had to crawl back to the NYY provided Boras had nothing to do with the negotiations.

Varitek is not going to get 25-30 million for 3 years. Thats tooooo funny.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Boras could not work his magic with A-Rod the second time around. Told teams the starting bid was 350 million dollars. Out of the 30 MLB teams, there were no takers. A-Rod had to crawl back to the NYY provided Boras had nothing to do with the negotiations.

Varitek is not going to get 25-30 million for 3 years. Thats tooooo funny.

ACtually, there is another side to this story. Supposedly, Boras wouldn't budge and A Rod went to Yankee Mgmt himself and told him he wants to stay and work out a fair deal. Boras might have been able to work his magic had A Rod not got cold feet waiting around.

i'm will to bet tek gets a deal for no less than $8m per season...i don't know how many years....

i'm not saying it's right....but that is just the way it is.....

boras is asking for a 4 year 12m according to rumors....and is talking to the tigers.....

ACtually, there is another side to this story. Supposedly, Boras wouldn't budge and A Rod went to Yankee Mgmt himself and told him he wants to stay and work out a fair deal. Boras might have been able to work his magic had A Rod not got cold feet waiting around.

kid is right.....arod would have gotten his money.....the yankees had no choice...arod cracked before they did...

kid looking alittle like DJ AM in this photo....what game are you watching here???

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Tek will get way more money and years than his recent play might indicate that he SHOULD get. Boras will spin some team about Tek's leadership qualities and handling a pitching staff and whatnut. When Boras is done with these people, Tek will do well.

Journeyman

EOG Master

4 YEARS $12M EACH FOR VARITEK.....:doh1

Every yr about this time, I am shocked at some of the contracts that are signed, I've started many a thread laughing at them, Gary Matthews comes to mind immediately!

THIS ONE WOULD TAKE THE CAKE ! ::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::::LMAO::

Journeyman

EOG Master

He will be 37 when next season starts...ANY team that gives him 4 years should fold and has no business being in MLB...this will never happen.

Posada had more left in the tank, and his deal was also, at best a bad idea, and you see how much NY got from him last yr.

He will be 37 when next season starts...ANY team that gives him 4 years should fold and has no business being in MLB...this will never happen.

Posada had more left in the tank, and his deal was also, at best a bad idea, and you see how much NY got from him last yr.

jman...i couldn't agree more....but as you see...no one has offered a bet...because i will take there money...

mauer is one of the only really good hitting catcher in the game with posada being hurt...hell he may get 10m....it won't be from the red sox imo....but there are some on weei who say the sox would jump at a 2 year 11m per contract:doh1

Journeyman

EOG Master

jman...i couldn't agree more....but as you see...no one has offered a bet...because i will take there money...

mauer is one of the only really good hitting catcher in the game with posada being hurt...hell he may get 10m....it won't be from the red sox imo....but there are some on weei who say the sox would jump at a 2 year 11m per contract:doh1

I can't say he won't, nothing surprises me with these contracts , every year it gets worse too.

It wasn't long ago I was laughing about Varitek's last contract...it's so hard to even put it in perspective because a handful of teams are playing with funny money while the rest are not....another words NYY BOS NYM can just burn 10M on a player who may not pan out and it won't even matter to them....therefore it's impossible to say what his true worth is to MLB.

I can't believe how stupid these GMs are, same thing when the Mets signed Pedro to that huge long term deal, I said it bacxk then Pedro would not win half the games they're expecting, and he didn't...Gary Matthews getting 5 yrs 50 M, last yr NY with Posada, some of these are just so easy to predict that they're bad deals!

....most GMs are very square ::LMAO::

BORAS....AT THE GM MEETING LASTNIGHT....

STARTED THE VARITEK BIDDING AT.............

4 YEARS @ 52M....

biggamer3

EOG Master

i'm will to bet tek gets a deal for no less than $8m per season...i don't know how many years....

i'm not saying it's right....but that is just the way it is.....

boras is asking for a 4 year 12m according to rumors....and is talking to the tigers.....
I will bet you a small amount if you like.

No way in HELL Tek gets close to 8M per

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated

boras is going to try and use this election to his clients' advantage

i do not think he is going to be as successful this year

varitek will not get be getting that contract

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

BORAS....AT THE GM MEETING LASTNIGHT....

STARTED THE VARITEK BIDDING AT.............

4 YEARS @ 52M....

GM's just have to boycott Boras ONE year and players will go to other agents. Just say no.

they all got together and boycotted Bonds, they can do this to Boras too.