Arrested for DUI

Re: Arrested for DUI

1st mistake is driving while hammered.

2nd mistake was to blow.

Refuse to blow refuse any roadside.

All of this is just evidence against you.

Hire a lawyer and have him work the system.

Easy to do if you live downtown but for those that live in the suburbs or the country, it is very difficult. Very expensive for taxis and family and friends get tired real quick of getting up at 2 AM every night to drive you home. Plus, if you smoke, taxis are pretty much smoke-free now as are many friends' and family members' cars.

FYI Whatever establishment you have been drinking at will pay for a cab home 90% of time.

rpg005

EOG Senior Member

Easy to do if you live downtown but for those that live in the suburbs or the country, it is very difficult. Very expensive for taxis and family and friends get tired real quick of getting up at 2 AM every night to drive you home. Plus, if you smoke, taxis are pretty much smoke-free now as are many friends' and family members' cars.

So you are telling me that you are willing to take the risk of killing someone or yourself, rather than pay a little extra for a cab? Or if you had the money for the cab, you still would drive drunk so that you will be able to smoke? Are you fucking kidding me? If you cant go with out smoking for a 30 minute or less cab ride, you are a pathetic loser.

Think about all the reasons you should not drive drunk......then think about all the reasons you should? If "cabs are non-smoking" is your reason for driving drunk, you are a fucking idiot!

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

So you are telling me that you are willing to take the risk of killing someone or yourself, rather than pay a little extra for a cab? Or if you had the money for the cab, you still would drive drunk so that you will be able to smoke? Are you fucking kidding me? If you cant go with out smoking for a 30 minute or less cab ride, you are a pathetic loser.

Think about all the reasons you should not drive drunk......then think about all the reasons you should? If "cabs are non-smoking" is your reason for driving drunk, you are a fucking idiot!
Very possible , even probable that I am a fucking idiot and a pathetic loser, but who would not prefer the comfort and capabilities of one's own car over a taxi? I never hurt anyone in thirty years of drinking and driving, if I did, I should have been punished. Plus, it is just too big a pain in the ass to get 5 or 6 cabs in one night if you are going to 5 or 6 different places.

P.S. Is this where I am supposed to call you names for disagreeing with me?

I agree no one should be driving at the 2.3 level nor should a 19 yr old girl be driving at .8 but for most of us that like to kick back a few after work can easily blow a 1.1. I truly believe that most of us would be more dangerous on our morning drive to work than after happy hour. Nothing we can really do here but if your going to drink and drive your taking a chance.

mr merlin

EOG Master

Get a lawyer(or at least pay for an interview where he will tell you your options), next time slow down when you think your blood level is maybe .15 or so.

Height?
Weight?
What and how much did you have to drink?

This thread can be informational in other ways.

rpg005

EOG Senior Member

Very possible , even probable that I am a fucking idiot and a pathetic loser, but who would not prefer the comfort and capabilities of one's own car over a taxi? I never hurt anyone in thirty years of drinking and driving, if I did, I should have been punished. Plus, it is just too big a pain in the ass to get 5 or 6 cabs in one night if you are going to 5 or 6 different places.

P.S. Is this where I am supposed to call you names for disagreeing with me?

I hope you are proud of your self for driving drunk for 30 years without hurting anyone. Im glad that is what you base your decision on. It only takes one time to hurt someone and ruin your life. Trust me I have seen it happen to close friends. Maybe you will think about how comfortable that car was when you are sitting in a jail cell charged with manslaughter. Or maybe it will be even more comfortable when you are having to face a victims family explaining to them that the reason you drove drunk and killed their family member was because your car was more comfortable than a cab!

You cant argue the fact that it makes sense to drive drunk......

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

I hope you are proud of your self for driving drunk for 30 years without hurting anyone. Im glad that is what you base your decision on. It only takes one time to hurt someone and ruin your life. Trust me I have seen it happen to close friends. Maybe you will think about how comfortable that car was when you are sitting in a jail cell charged with manslaughter. Or maybe it will be even more comfortable when you are having to face a victims family explaining to them that the reason you drove drunk and killed their family member was because your car was more comfortable than a cab!

I fully agree that driving drunk is stupid and foolish...............I do not do it anymore but, I am still putting forth an argument that there are reasons that people drive drunk. Maybe not good ones, but reasons.

P.S. I am proud of myself!

0.236 doesn't mean anything to me so I plugged the numbers into a BAC calculator. It would take 12 drinks in 28 minutes to put a 200-lb person at 0.236. It would take 10 HOURS with no more drinks to get you back down below 0.08.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

0.236 doesn't mean anything to me so I plugged the numbers into a BAC calculator. It would take 12 drinks in 28 minutes to put a 200-lb person at 0.236. It would take 10 HOURS with no more drinks to get you back down below 0.08.
So, if you quit drinking at midnight, you better not drive to work the next morning.

Height?
Weight?
What and how much did you have to drink?

This thread can be informational in other ways.

There are plenty of these charts on the Internet. But it still varies among individuals. If you think you can have one more drink because you're fat and the "chart" says you can, good luck. I mean really, you know when you're drunk. (I'm still trying to fathom what "height" has to do with this. LOL).

And the myth that the more you drink builds up some sort of "tolerance" is just that, a myth. The more cirrhotic the liver, the less ability it has to process the alcohol. Career alcoholics can get drunk a lot faster than rookie alcoholics.

Doesnt matter what you blow. Unless there is a accident involved its 3 months suspension period, 6 months if you dont blow. The alcohol evaluation by a independent will be where he has to explain the high blow.

Nothing worse than having a crash stone cold sober eh Rich?

There are plenty of these charts on the Internet. But it still varies among individuals. If you think you can have one more drink because you're fat and the "chart" says you can, good luck. I mean really, you know when you're drunk. (I'm still trying to fathom what "height" has to do with this. LOL).

And the myth that the more you drink builds up some sort of "tolerance" is just that, a myth. The more cirrhotic the liver, the less ability it has to process the alcohol. Career alcoholics can get drunk a lot faster than rookie alcoholics.

It takes longer for the drinks to go down when you're taller :LMAO

I have to disagree with this from personal experience. 10 beers over 3 hours used to get me drunk, now I'm barely buzzed without hard A.

I disagree as well. A pro drinker can consume massive quantities and not be falling down drunk, like these guys that get busted driving at like .40 and better, those are old drunks, not college kids. Most would pass out, or at least be falling down drunk at .30

tolerance is real, IMO.

kidslick

EOG Dedicated

Ok, I'm actually a lawyer. There move here is to lawyer up. This is what I do when I get the phone call from whatever drinker I know that got popped. I'm not a criminal lawyer. The move is to find out the arresting agency. In Illinois your choices are State police, County Sheriff, or Town/City police. That determines who prosecutes you. Smaller cities and towns don't have employees prosecute you, they pay outside law firms to prosecute. State and County DUI's are prosecuted by whatever county states attorney.

I find out who the prosecutor is or prosecuting agency. If its local, I send them to somebody that you know is social friends with the prosecutor. The county states attorney prosecutor is typically buddies with the guy that recently left their office to hang out his defense shingle. We play poker with a couple guys that prosecute for towns, it does get mentioned that a certain defendant knows me and those guys always get the best deal available.

This one is the best, I have a law school buddy in another county handle one of my dopey friends DUI's. He laughed when he heard who the prosecutor was and assured me everything would be alright. The guy that got pulled over is a big meathead...He ran a stop sign, got pulled over, got out of the car, took his shirt off, called the cops "wiggers", they told him they were going to taze him and he then called them pussies, then he laid down and was arrested. He refused to blow or do any field sobriety tests. He pled guilty to running a stop sign and had to write a letter of apology to the police, everything else got swept under the rug.

Here is what not to do. 1. go with the guy with the biggest phone book ad. 2. go with the with the cheapest mail solicitation you get. 3. go with someone that "knows the judge" because this never helps, you blew so they got you by the balls already and you will not be going to trial. The judge will have little to do with your sentence because it will be a negotiated plea with the prosecutor.

The problem for you, is that if you ask a random lawyer who to use, they will typically send you to the defense attorney that offers the biggest referral fee, which typically is not a good lawyer. You either have to know a lawyer that is in the know, or know someone that socially knows a lawyer fairly well so they won't just see you as dollar signs to them.

They really fuck with you on your second DUI here, so you have to try to avoid it. Its hardcore advice because I don't know how Ohio works, but here they tell you if you have already had one, you should refuse all field sobriety tests and the blow.

Why would anyone submit to any sobriety tests or blow if they feel they are drunk. :+clueless:+clueless

felonee

EOG Veteran

People do it all the time. The police are actually very good at getting people to do it. They say, hey, if you don't do the tests, I have to arrest you and you have to go to jail and pay a lawyer thousands... Let's just see how you do on the tests.......

Then when it comes to the blow, most states have a provision, that if you refuse to blow, you are automatically suspended. That's what the police TELL you, even though its not true, you still would get a hearing on probable cause. The police tell you that though, so you think its true.

Here is how some sample trials go:

First example, You ok on the field sobriety tests, you blow.....you auto lose

Second example: You do moderate on the field sobriety tests, then you refuse to blow... The cops know they have problems convicting you.. So there are checkoff boxes on your arrest report. They cover various tests that are graded by scale. For example the heel to toe, the finger to nose, the alphabet, the horizontal gaze nystagmus test (eye twitching). They write up that you did very poorly on the tests and that is usually believed by the judge/jury..... he stepped off the line twice, he got some letters, numbers wrong, he couldn't even touch his nose, he couldn't even balance on one foot for 20 seconds, who would let this clown drive. Good chance you are losing

Third example: You refuse the field sobriety test and refuse the blow and don't answer any of their fucking questions (beyond providing ID and insurance cards) At your trial.... cops say...he smelled like beer and I pulled him over for speeding/light out/license plate violation.... Guess what, everybody speeds and if you had a beer you are going to smell like beer.....where is the "beyond a reasonable doubt" Defendant wins.

Oh, good grief.

Hank Hill got caught. He blew a .236. He's guilty and will pay for it.

The rest of this mumbo-jumbo is just noise.

Walk.

I can't tell you how many times back in my single days I struck out at the bar only to score a chick or a party on the walk home.

One of my mother's friends had gotten a DUI about 2 years ago in Cuyahoga county, I don't know where you are located but they were pretty stiff on him.

He barely was above the legal limit, like a beer or drink or whatever....

Things the state made him do:

1. They made him go away on a retreat and recieve counseling on him dime of course
2. 1200$ in fines to the state
3. Liscense suspension for 8 months, although it had a stipulation that he could drive to/from work and to customer locations. He had to put a device in that you must blow into it to get your car started, and then keep blowing in the device every 20 minutes or something.

They are extremly difficult on DUI's.

I reside in the state of PA and since I went to college here recently so I am more familar with the drinking laws then I should be.....And if you get an attorney you can plead guilty.

The stipulations are you must have an attorney register you for the program, it costs 300$ plus attorney fee's. You must be clean for the next 2 years, when I mean clean I mean they are picky nothing can happen at all or else your case gets re-evaluated.

It's not a bad deal if you aren't in trouble much because it's relativly a slap on the wrist for a one time fuck up.

I know that you are in a bad spot right now but try to look up....I can remember when I was younger and inmature I can remember getting loaded at a bar with friends then racing cars on the way home....Bad mistake, I look back now and realized what could of happened.

BOL with the circumstance.

Point Given

EOG Veteran

get a lawyer to lessen the pain

and some food for thought

next time if you KNOW you are drunk...you are going to lose your license anyway

just refuse the tests and breath analyzer

and use your right to remain silent

if you are drunk your license is already gone anyway...only difference is the DA will have a harder time with no evidence pinning a case on your back

GET A LAWYER
He may be able to plead it down for you.
Never know when the cops might have
made a small legal muck up.
Check around and hire a lawyer that handles
a LOT of DUI cases. They know all the tricks.
Either way it will cost you.
Take it like a man and try not to repeat.

I'm not condoning that people should drive drunk but these rule thumpers like yourself are just retarded....it only takes 1 time to kill a person in a car WITHOUT drinking. Many people who are good drinkers are more than capable of driving safely while over the legal limit:cocktail

Point Given

EOG Veteran

I'm not condoning that people should drive drunk but these rule thumpers like yourself are just retarded....it only takes 1 time to kill a person in a car WITHOUT drinking. Many people who are good drinkers are more than capable of driving safely while over the legal limit:cocktail
and just think

I could smoke 10 blunts and drive just fine

but marijuana is illegal in the governments eyes...it kills kids :hangt

yet...you can go to any local store and buy all the alcohol you want as long as you pay the tax on it...10 shots and you might die

go figure :+clueless

and just think

I could smoke 10 blunts and drive just fine

but marijuana is illegal in the governments eyes...it kills kids :hangt

yet...you can go to any local store and buy all the alcohol you want as long as you pay the tax on it...10 shots and you might die

go figure :+clueless

10 shots and i might die? not in this lifetime son

Hank, I don't know if you're still paying attention here with all the fun and games, but I will restate the best advice here. Do NOT try to contest this without a lawyer. DUI charges are much too serious in this day to meekly allow a conviction. The best way to find an attorney who is adept at handling DUI cases is by word of mouth.
I practice law in Texas, and handle some criminal matters. Here, the going rate for a GOOD trial attorney (rather than a plea-bargain whore) on a first-time DWI ranges from $1500 to $4000. I'm not giving legal advice at all here, but there may be legal problems with the traffic stop, probable cause, or the administration of the breath test that make the case winnable for you. Only an experiences DUI attorney in your jurisdiction will be able to tell. Because of the facts unique to your situation, a plea bargain may be the best option--but hear that from an attorney in your jurisdiction who knows what he's doing. . .:cheers:cocktail

take 10 shots of patrone on video and if you can still breathe upload it on youtube..dad :cocktail:cocktail:cocktail

one after another in rapid fashion? nobody would want to do it because what would be the purpose? In a normal course of an evening though I can assure you I could do it easily...or just come by on any saturday and watch me drink 30 beers..been done more times than I can remember

but seriously, you'll have to take up the weed argument with the government...i do not make the laws in the country unfortunately

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

I am not condoning drunk driving either but I am trying to explain why I and others choose (chose) to do it. Thank You Clark and as usual, 4625 is right on the money with his advice, as is Felonee(funny handle and welcome to the EOG.).:cheers

Black Bart

EOG Addicted

It was 6 months at the time in SC. Not sure now. My attorney was Akim Anastapoulo. You have probably seen him on tv. He's the TV judge with the baseball bat. Calls himself Extreme Akim!

Funny stuff....I went to The Citadel with him. He was an excellent tennis player, if I recall. A real good buddy of mine from there is a big DUI attorney in Charleston, if anyone needs help there.