Big ACC SHOWDOWN for Thursday night: Miami/V'Tech

Re: Big ACC SHOWDOWN for Thursday night: Miami/V'Tech

A few trends:

<table class="data" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="datahl2b" valign="top" width="29%">Virginia Tech:</td> <td class="datacell">
  • Under is 8-0 in VATCH last 8 Thu. games.
  • VATCH are 13-4 ATS in their last 17 Thu. games.
  • VATCH are 19-7 ATS in their last 26 road games.
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="datahl2b" valign="top" width="29%">Miami:</td> <td class="datacell">
  • Under is 8-2 in MIAMI last 10 Thu. games.
  • MIAMI are 5-16-1 ATS in their last 22 home games.
  • Under is 21-7 in MIAMI last 28 games in November.
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Oh yeah, our boy cmoney and my daughter will be at the game tomorrow....we need to get some intel from his ass!!!!!!

pags11

EOG Dedicated

anxious to watch this one, not really interested in playing it though...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/12/AR2008111202745.html

FORECAST: Partly cloudy, mid 70s.

TV: ESPN. RADIO: WTEM (980 AM).

RECORDS: Hokies 6-3, 3-2 ACC; Hurricanes 6-3, 3-2.

COACHES: Frank Beamer (173-88-2, 22nd year); Randy Shannon (11-10, second year).

WHEN THE HOKIES HAVE THE BALL:With Tyrod Taylor questionable for the second straight week and more than a week before Virginia Tech plays next, do not be surprised if Sean Glennon starts at quarterback. Running back Darren Evans will continue to carry a hefty load. The wrinkle to watch is a continued emphasis on the "Wild Turkey" formation, which features tight end Greg Boone at quarterback and wide receiver Dyrell Roberts and cornerback Macho Harris as threats to take the ball on a reverse. "I think we've got us something that's different," Coach Frank Beamer said, "and I think we want to continue to develop that."

WHEN THE HURRICANES HAVE THE BALL:The Hurricanes employ a two-quarterback system, sticking with the hot hand between redshirt freshman Robert Marve and true freshman Jacory Harris. In Miami's 24-17 win over Virginia on Nov. 1, the Hurricanes counted on Harris during the stretch. Miami has surpassed 400 total yards in two of its past three games. As young players continue to emerge in the passing game -- four of Miami's top five wide receivers are freshmen -- the Hurricanes could again become the program that caused Beamer so much worry for so many years. Virginia Tech defensive coordinator Bud Foster has tried to get his defense to not give up so many big plays.

SPECIAL TEAMS: For the Hokies, Roberts has stood out recently as a kick returner, and Harris always is a threat as a punt returner. Miami has a long history of standout returners, and Travis Benjamin appears ready to the join the legacy. Both place kickers -- Virginia Tech's Dustin Keys and Miami's Matt Bosher -- are talented. Virginia Tech allowed another blocked punt in last Thursday's win over Maryland, but Beamer said the problem is correctable. At this point in the season and with a game of this magnitude, a special teams mistake could be especially costly.

COACHING: Beamer has a long history against Miami. Although he's only in his second season, Shannon had a long history of game-planning while he was a Hurricanes assistant. The former Big East rivals have continued a string of good games in the ACC. The teams are 4-4 in their last eight meetings. Tonight's game will go a long way toward determining the Coastal Division championship.
-- Zach Berman

anxious to watch this one, not really interested in playing it though...

Yeah, probably gonna be a close game and could come down to a big play or big turnover

Both squads running the ball better than they have all year (solid O-Line play)

Gonna be a battle

I think under is the play tonight. VT is going to grind away all night and the VT D will not allow many points. BOL whatever you decide to do!

fadethepublic1

EOG Senior Member

I think under is the play tonight. VT is going to grind away all night and the VT D will not allow many points. BOL whatever you decide to do!

Just a little fact bout VA Tech's D VS. The U's D. Miami's D is actually ranked higher than VA Tech's. Strength of schedule the same and I think QB play has to lean towards Miami. W/all three stats about even w/Miami having the slight edge plus HF adv. I'll play Miami SU.

as always...aloha.

The D's are Mia 10 TH and VT 13 nationally, But Mia is without starting tackle Fox tonight. This will hurt their ability to move the ball. I still like the Under.

Fox doubtful for Hurricanes with sprained ankle

Associated Press

<!-- promo plug -->
<!-- end promo plug -->

<!-- end story header --><!-- begin left column --><!-- begin page tools -->Updated: November 11, 2008, 12:31 PM ET

<!-- end page tools --><!-- begin story body --><!-- template inline -->
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Miami left tackle Jason Fox is listed as doubtful for Thursday night's Atlantic Coast Conference game against Virginia Tech.

Fox sprained his right ankle in Miami's win over Virginia on Nov. 1 and has been unable to practice fully since.

The 6-foot-7, 307-pound Fox is considered Miami's top lineman. If Fox cannot play, Reggie Youngblood will likely start, with Chris Rutledge starting at right tackle.

The Hurricanes (6-3, 3-2 ACC) may also be without wide receiver Leonard Hankerson (leg) and running back Shawnbrey McNeal (undisclosed illness).

Miami is tied with North Carolina and Virginia Tech for first place in the ACC's Coastal Division.

I passed but Miami would be my bet if anything. I still can't figure out how Virginia Tech averages so many points with that one-dimensional, average offense... but they keep getting it done week after week.

I passed but Miami would be my bet if anything. I still can't figure out how Virginia Tech averages so many points with that one-dimensional, average offense... but they keep getting it done week after week.

They put themselves in short field position as well as any team in the country. Easy to score when you have go less than 50 YDS.