Why doesn't everyone try to SCALP?

WVU

EOG Master
Re: Why doesn't everyone try to SCALP?

Good question, but I am finding out it isn't as easy as I thought. Those numbers disappear quick when you need it.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

My answer is that I have learned how to identify the weaker of the two lines and just prefer to ride solo on the weaker line. Especially with money harder to move around.

BigDaddy

EOG Master

most people cant figure out when you bet $1717 on a +165 dog and win you have $4550.05 in your account not $2833.05

I use a spreadsheet to figure out how much to bet on each side. It works quite well!

My answer is that I have learned how to identify the weaker of the two lines and just prefer to ride solo on the weaker line. Especially with money harder to move around.

Yourself and Mr. Smith are good friends, aren't you?

That was exactly his advice to me on doing this as well.

As for the original question, it is time-consuming. If you have a 9-5 where you can't access gambling sites, you can't do it. Also, to many it is not worth the effort.

ballwonder

EOG Master

I assume you need large amounts to scalp to make a decent buck. If you are a 50.00 to 100.00 player how much are you actually making. I think a large portion of the boards do not wager enough or have enough in there accounts to make a decent buck scalping. I know an old timer that is respected and scalps baseball and that is it anymore. I asked him one time about this and he simply stated the type of player I am "small time" would not be worth the time and effort for a few nickels. I think the old saying it takes money to make money applies to this one.

I assume you need large amounts to scalp to make a decent buck. If you are a 50.00 to 100.00 player how much are you actually making. I think a large portion of the boards do not wager enough or have enough in there accounts to make a decent buck scalping. I know an old timer that is respected and scalps baseball and that is it anymore. I asked him one time about this and he simply stated the type of player I am "small time" would not be worth the time and effort for a few nickels. I think the old saying it takes money to make money applies to this one.

100% correct

I think to make real coin with this you either have to be constantly hitting bonuses or have five figures to do this with and preferably both

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Those days are gone. Especially in the US. Too much risk vs. reward. Get a big chunk of your bankroll stuck in a no pay account and you can't scalp out. Can't move money around when one book goes dry. Get cutoff if you hit some accounts hard. And have the books move on air all at once now. Used to be very lucrative. Obsolete now IMO.

Best Wishes...OF 12io4j2w90

Those days are gone. Especially in the US. Too much risk vs. reward. Get a big chunk of your bankroll stuck in a no pay account and you can't scalp out. Can't move money around when one book goes dry. Get cutoff if you hit some accounts hard. And have the books move on air all at once now. Used to be very lucrative. Obsolete now IMO.

Best Wishes...OF 12io4j2w90
OF, if you hit up bonuses and scalp I think it is worth it. But I think you have to have a lot of funds to do it properly. And yes you're right you have to take some risks but from my experiences last year and this I think it can be done.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I used to do it full limits. I barely worried about getting paid, or moving money around. Now you are chasing crumbs with a high risk of having a shop close up on you. The bad shops have the best numbers. Been there, done that to the largest degree I could just using my own name. Then, towards the end I got cut off bonuses completely. Kicked out of stores and limits cut to shreds. Not for me in the current environment. Now if you were a bookie...

Best wishes...OF :pop: