Can this LAKERS team win 70+ games?

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
This team is so deep.

Kobe and the rest of the starters barely play 30 minutes a game this year.

Their bench is one of the best and most complete benches I have ever seen.

Is 70 realistic?

Apple

Banned
Re: Can this LAKERS team win 70+ games?

If they avoid having long-term Key Injuries (Kobe,Bynum,Gasol,Ariza) then a definitely YES.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Your opinion on sports isnt worth much these days.

Stock down.

everyone said the Celts could do it last year... i laughed. And now I laugh at this. The West is way too tough and the NBA season is a grind. There is no way they will win 70 games.

The rest of the west is slightly down, the right coach for 70+ win seasons. Sure, pobably not. Doesn't mean dick if they don't get a ring. San Antonio doesn't get down to business until the playoffs usually.

They go to 12-1 after their win tonight!!!

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Boston is damn good too..

Boston/Lakers>>>everybody else

The team with homecourt will win this series.

Bynum will make a difference. They missed him in that series. Gasol is a PF, not a Center and it showed.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

The team with homecourt will win this series.

Bynum will make a difference. They missed him in that series. Gasol is a PF, not a Center and it showed.

Disagree.... KG way too tough and Pierce can play with Kobe. Add Ray Allen to the mix and well.... The Celtics are just the better team. It doesnt matter who has home court imo. Plus they play much better D

Apple

Banned

If Boston and the Lakers were to play in the Finals right now..

Odds:

IN LA:
Celtics +140
Lakers -160

IN BOSTON:
Celtics +105
Lakers -120

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

If Boston and the Lakers were to play in the Finals right now..

Odds:

IN LA:
Celtics +140
Lakers -160

IN BOSTON:
Celtics +105
Lakers -120

Agree. Lakers were a worse team last year. And Boston was a better team last year. Yet if I remember correctly the Lakers were the favorites.

rjt721

EOG Master

Wonder if 5 star would be saying 'no' if it wasn't a Chicago team's record that LAL's chasing. I think not.

Apple

Banned

Agree. Lakers were a worse team last year. And Boston was a better team last year. Yet if I remember correctly the Lakers were the favorites.

91023i2ndw;l

Yes they were substantial faves.. Ivey had a lot on them.

Panic

EOG Dedicated

If they stay healthy and focused, then it shouldnt be a problem. They should win 70 easily. After this 5 game home stretch, they should have a record of 14-1. Nice pace for 70 wins.

11-30-08:

LOS ANGELES (AP)?Kobe Bryant spent the fourth quarter on the Los Angeles Lakers? bench, content in watching the second unit blow the game open. The last thing on his mind was Wilt Chamberlain.
This kind of trend?and attitude?has the defending Western Conference champions off to an NBA-best 14-1 record.

marlboro8425

EOG Senior Member

everyone said the Celts could do it last year... i laughed. And now I laugh at this. The West is way too tough and the NBA season is a grind. There is no way they will win 70 games.

they won 66 games with KG missing 11 games...maybe you laughed at this because you dont know much about the game? i say they win 70 games this year.

1-9-09

The Lakers improved their home record to 19-2 and remained tied with Cleveland for the best overall record in the league at 29-6. The Cavaliers beat Boston 98-83 at home earlier Friday to improve their home mark to 19-0.
Troy Murphy had 24 points for Indiana and Dunleavy finished with 22.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Think Kobe vs Lebron in the finals might get a "little playtown buildup" by ABC?