Happy Thanksgiving and............

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
??..adios. FOR NOW!
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
Wow did that hurt to write but sadly it has to be done. Like so many other people these days ? these aren?t the best of times for me. I am still somewhat employed ? I think ? but for how much longer ? NO ONE knows. Like so many other people my thoughts and concerns (MUCH more of the latter) are many and spending time here when it needs to be spent elsewhere is something I can?t justify. I have already lost about 10+ pounds in about 2 weeks (and if i bothered to step on a scale it might be closer to 15 - i"m too scared to do so for fear of the results) and while that is something I wanted to do ? just not this way. I don?t recall the last time I ate a meal approaching anything near what I used to ? and I KNOW that won?t change on today (Even worse is the excuses and flimsy answers I am pushing my parents way to keep them off my back on the subject of my eating habits).
<o:p></o:p>
It is hard enough to make winning bets when your head is fully focused on the game at hand. When your mind is convoluted and racing 10-million directions trying to make one winning bet is hard. Because of this for the first time in too long to recall (and maybe EVER) I have simply stopped gambling of any kind (I take a break every July ? but that is different) because I know I can?t win when I can?t focus on trying to make a sound play without sound judgment. I know IF I gamble now it will be just that ? a GAMBLE ? and right now while I have money I don?t have ONE PENNY to ?Gamble?. I might win ? but odds are better I might lose and the thought of losing and paying money better spent elsewhere far outweighs any notions of making myself better off financially. Right now I don?t have the time and focus to worry if ?Team A? will cover the spread against ?Team B? or Vice Versa.
<o:p> </o:p>
Right now my ONLY focus is on an almost impossible but not improbable task ? finding some solid employment. The fact I am single and can ?up and go? at any time helps ? and while I would love to stay in CA or the West Coast ? I am opening myself up to Pat Hill credo of ?Anyone, anytime, anywhere.? Hopefully my MBA WILL - as well as the experience of working in the media and as we have seen here ? exceptional writing skills. If you wish to contact me (especially with a job offer ? lol) you can do so via this site?s PM box OR you can contact Shrink ? he has my e-mail and maybe even phone number.
<o:p> </o:p>
I do have AOLIM and MSN Messenger and would love to hear from anyone who wishes to say ?Hello? or just chat for a tad. My contact addys are in my User Profile if anyone wishes to chat for a tad.

I will leave quoting General Douglas MacArthur in saying: ?I SHALL Return.? When ? I don?t know (although it might not be as long as expected ? it all depends on what happens Saturday Dec 6 ? in what is probably the MOST IMPORTANT DAY of my life ? for reasons I can?t get into here but it MIGHT). I know I will continue to post picks in the Doc?s contest each week until it ends but other than that ? sadly you won?t be seeing me too much until all gets straightened out ? and who knows how long that will take. And odds are when I DO comeback ? my posting handle will NOT ? don?t be shocked to see me back under a new handle ? if I am going to move forward it means leaving some things behind.

So with a true sense of sadness - FOR NOW...............Adios!

Apple

Banned
Re: Happy Thanksgiving and............

Wow I had no idea you were going through this..

I know you and I have had our differences but you never took anything to heart and I always liked that about you.. Grudges are for losers.

I sincerely hope everything works out for you, please keep us updated..

mofome

Banned

all the best to you winky! we'll be here for ya when you come back! i wish you and your loved ones the best!

:cheers

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

winky u need to talk or read up on your issues with the diet..your health and rhythm of life depends on it. take care of things. I really feel change can be good and things have a way of working out if u can see them..

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

Had the pleasure of meeting you once, hope things work out for you. There are times in a person's life when you have to take care of you. Everything else (including the board) will be here when you return. Good luck man.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Good luck Wink, we're going to miss you. Hope you can come back soon. Be well.

Journeyman

EOG Master

I feel like I know Winky, as he was one of the original recognizable posters from when I started at the X , many years ago now....

We rarely posted directly to each other, but always read him and felt I knew how he stood on many topics, whether it be his old ESPN stories, his card and memorabilia posts, his tout buster posts, the quirky way he talked about hot female celebs, or his love of the left-coast sports, you knew where Winky stood .

I always enjoyed his posts and I know I read some of his classic stories more than once.

Sorry to hear this Winky....you always seemed to be prepared and well versed, I hope you find your way sooner than later and get back here ASAP...Until then, thanks for the memories on the forums!

Best of luck Winky!

Journeyman

cheapseats

EOG Master

Wow Wink. It almost sounds as if it could be health related, I certainly hope not. Best to you over the near-term and working through this tough time, stay positive.