Cubs dont have the pitching prospects to get Peavy, 3rd team added?

mofome

Banned
Jake Peavy could be a little closer to being traded and the Chicago Cubs could be a little closer to getting him.
San Diego Padres general manager Kevin Towers said Wednesday night he might have identified a third team that would facilitate sending the standout pitcher to the Cubs, who don?t possess the depth in prospects or big league-ready talent to meet the Padres? asking price.
Towers, who last week hit an impasse in negotiations with the Atlanta Braves, declined to name the third team. He said he intended to speak again to Cubs GM Jim Hendry after the Thanksgiving holiday.

mofome

Banned
Re: Cubs dont have the pitching prospects to get Peavy, 3rd team added?

cubs will be the fav again if they make the move, but will it matter? eh, get a lead off hitter.

rjt721

EOG Master

cubs will be the fav again if they make the move, but will it matter? eh, get a lead off hitter.
Maybe they should trade for your guy Michael Bourn. ::LMAO::

mofome

Banned

fine deal houston made. solid player.

:houra

5 star bomb

EOG Master

I want Soriano batting 4th or 5th... Lets get Fural or Roberts!! Hendry PLEASEEEEE!!!

Cubs need a leadoff hitter and a lefty in the middle of the order. I still don't rule out Kerry Wood signing a one-year deal.

mofome

Banned

cubs should just get roberts. not sure who they would give, but they win the nl, relatively easily, if they have roberts leading off.

cubs should just get roberts. not sure who they would give, but they win the nl, relatively easily, if they have roberts leading off.

They thought they had him last year and Angelos nixed the deal. Roberts is his favorite player and will not get rid of him. Cubs have some low salaries to build around Markakis and Jones. Ownership has ruined the O's. Too bad because they were the model franchise.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

According to Jeff Zrebiec and Peter Schmuck of the Baltimore Sun, the Orioles appear to be the third team in the Jake Peavy-Cubs trade talks. Kevin Towers told Tim Brown earlier this week he may have found the third team.
According to the Sun, one scenario could have the Cubs sending Felix Pie to Baltimore for Garrett Olson, who would become part of the Cubs' package for Peavy. The Orioles once targeted Pie during the Brian Roberts talks, while the Padres wanted Olson for Khalil Greene. No deal is imminent. The authors add that acquiring Pie would not affect the Orioles' pursuit of Mark Teixeira, even if some current team members lose playing time.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

According to Jeff Zrebiec and Peter Schmuck of the Baltimore Sun, the Orioles appear to be the third team in the Jake Peavy-Cubs trade talks. Kevin Towers told Tim Brown earlier this week he may have found the third team.
According to the Sun, one scenario could have the Cubs sending Felix Pie to Baltimore for Garrett Olson, who would become part of the Cubs' package for Peavy. The Orioles once targeted Pie during the Brian Roberts talks, while the Padres wanted Olson for Khalil Greene. No deal is imminent. The authors add that acquiring Pie would not affect the Orioles' pursuit of Mark Teixeira, even if some current team members lose playing time.

think this could happen Mo?

mofome

Banned

no one wants olson, i can tell you that. i read about this a couple days ago, it doesnt seem likely. Olson is awful, but sd seems to think he has some value for some reason.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

yea i dont think it will happen either.... just curious from a Baltimore perspective what you thought...

mofome

Banned

Scott+Olson for Pie/Hill/Cedeno. people are throwing that around as well. scott is 20 times better than your asian OF, but olson is the worst player in the majors.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

no thanks... Scott sucks. He is good for .250 and 20hrs. Screw him I saw enough of him in Houston to know he is garbage. Fukudome wasnt what we were expecting but he still plays great defense and is an average hitter. Cubs plan on platooning him in CF this year with Reed Johnson so maybe in his 2nd year he will figure some things out who knows. Cubs need a Lefty with some pop though thats for sure. I like Hoffpaur but I doubt he gets a chance early on

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

Reed Johnson was a great surprise to the Cubs last year....he hit well and played good defense.....he the "spark plug" kind of player.....