Settle Figures

For those of you who play on credit why are they put in place?

1. For convenience so money doesnt have to be exchanged as often?

or

2. So you can hide behind it when you cant afford to pay your bookie?

:+clueless:+clueless

I get confused and forget sometimes.

Re: Settle Figures

The is just a public service announcement to those who dont know, or have recently forgot, gambling etiquette.

Nothing more.

BigDaddy

EOG Master

so you brought this to the fucking forums?

fuck you and you wont see a cent of that money now

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

Personally, I like the limit to be high - only because I don't want to send money back and forth - so if I get credit for 3k and I'm up 3k I just let it ride - I rarely ask for a payout - I really don't like sending cash through the mail - it's just a recipe for disaster - but after seeing what I've seen over the years if I was an agent I would never ever extend anyone a significant amount of credit and once they get to their limit they have to pay - way too many thieves or way too many people that have no control

Mr. NBA

EOG Dedicated

anytime i want my money i want it, but it goes both ways....i ALWAYS have plenty of money to dish out at any time.....and ive had peeps that had to pay other people and come to me for the money I owed(prior to arrangement) and asked for credit on top of that payment....gets tricky and i am sure glad that I am not in the arena any longer.

gl travis.....miss those days2348ji23e

Now that I think about it, the whole settle figure thing originated in the days of having to meet your guy every week to get an actual sheet.

I remember having a 2 hour window every Tuesday to show up at the local pub, settle & get the papers for the next week or I was out of luck for a few days.

I'm getting f'ing old.....Jeeez

Timetopay

EOG Master

Now that I think about it, the whole settle figure thing originated in the days of having to meet your guy every week to get an actual sheet.

I remember having a 2 hour window every Tuesday to show up at the local pub, settle & get the papers for the next week or I was out of luck for a few days.

I'm getting f'ing old.....Jeeez

maybe J just hasnt hit his settle figure with you:blink:

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

could u imagine with him about to go tout...:LMAO

OSU is not dumb but would that be great or what?

What do you mean tout? - briefly, I saw that he is kicking ass in some contest - so now he's going to start selling his picks? - for real?

Timetopay

EOG Master

yeah man. hes about a week away from being a full fledged Saturday morning infomercial

we already been coming up with his gimmic

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

But he's not an official tout yet? - you just see this unfolding? - he's such an oportunist I can see it too

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

Long story short, if you see a player constantly dancing around the settle figure, you can rest assure that you will have problems collecting eventually.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

I have noticed the same over the years. oij213490
When a players settle figure is 5K, he is down $4,125 and then he makes a play for $869 to win $790, you know you are about to get fucked if you are the bookmaker. Then you have to fade the player telling you our settle figure is 5k not $4994 as the account stays inactive. I'm just glad that I don't have to deal with shit like that being on the other side.

NEGRO COWBOY

EOG Member

When a players settle figure is 5K, he is down $4,125 and then he makes a play for $869 to win $790, you know you are about to get fucked if you are the bookmaker. Then you have to fade the player telling you our settle figure is 5k not $4994 as the account stays inactive. I'm just glad that I don't have to deal with shit like that being on the other side.

Are there a lot of guys that do this? Let their account sit dormant when they almost reach the settle figure?

I think the best way to go about it is have 2 paydays through out the month like collect on the 1st and the 15th and payout on the 2nd and 16th. This way you decide if you want to collect.

Obviously you wouldnt meet everyone just anyone that has a figure you think you should collect from. You will have some guys that pay right on the 1st and 15th and others that have to have a few days but the structure is there.

I think the best way to go about it is have 2 paydays through out the month like collect on the 1st and the 15th and payout on the 2nd and 16th. This way you decide if you want to collect.

Obviously you wouldnt meet everyone just anyone that has a figure you think you should collect from. You will have some guys that pay right on the 1st and 15th and others that have to have a few days but the structure is there.

Most of my books are credit I settle each at 3k. I don't want any higher, but I do have 6 books right now. So that leaves me with some room to play the best lines and have a revolving line of credit. As far as sending money via mail. I'll send cashier checks and priority mail it and never had a problem.

Or you could just settle up with your squatters at the end of the season I guess but in this business its all about volume so I still believe the settle up twice a month works the best.

This is the other end of the equation Mo.

Getting above and squatting is on thing, being below and doing it is a whole different deal.

shdw01

EOG Dedicated

I believe that the "squatting" can only last for a few weeks as x weeks of inactivity means time to settle if your balance is $4994 or $20

betfirstclass

EOG Dedicated

Uhhhh.....ya.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I could write ******* BOOK on this

CHAPTER 1 guy plays only football settles @ 10-K after Superbowl

down 9999 wants carry next season

CHAPTER 2 Guy settle @ 5-K down 5-K after WEEK

calls & says OH , I thought we settle if OVER 5-K

Mike, Being Mike, says Lets Me get this Straight you thoguht Technically we settled @ (5001) +++ he says "YES-SIR"

again, I could go on & On & on & on

OR the guys That have NEVER paid on Monday & Win & Blow your cell up @ 6:45 a.m. asking if they can COLLECT 2348ji23e2348ji23e

munson15

I want winners...

I've had 4 bookies in 30 years, one died, one quit working, and the other two I still use. That ought to answer the question for you from my perspective.

This is the other end of the equation Mo.

Getting above and squatting is on thing, being below and doing it is a whole different deal.

Yeah and I still don't get why honesty and integrity are so hard to come by in the credit business. If you bet it and lose you pay it. If you bet it and win you collect. So simple yet so hard for some people to do.

The Devil

EOG Master

For those of you who play on credit why are they put in place?

1. For convenience so money doesnt have to be exchanged as often?

or

2. So you can hide behind it when you cant afford to pay your bookie?

:+clueless:+clueless

I get confused and forget sometimes.

it is a convenience for both player and book...........usually it's between two people who have trust in each other.............I usually had a settlement of 10-20 times the average bet that customer usually made (but that had to be paid the next day if it went over either way)......I never carried figures from week to week unless the figure wasn't worth meeting for......

Small players for some reason we always settled the next week unless the figure was under $100................

I had many a laydown, stiff job or slow pay over the years.......but a good bookie has a feel for his customers and can sense when a guy is in trouble.........

One old time bookie (after we were talking about a pro who went sour) said to me

A guy is good until he goes bad.......

OSU......when you can figure that out before hand.....You can be the next president............

betfirstclass

EOG Dedicated

SIMPLY

Couldn't agree more, Unfortuantely in "real World" not that easy, Try this story & hope you like My Anology ..........

10-12 yr ago Guy Stiffs me for like $2800

said

A) I made 350+++++ Per yr altho he was guessing

B) He estimated he had lost 25-30 himself that yr

Therefore he didn't OWE SHIT

so, Mike being Mike, Gave him This analogy

I go into Walmart every week & spend Money

Should ONE-DAY I go & Steal something, would these Kinda Excuses work (Like he Offered)

A) U MAKE MILLIONS PER MONTH

B) I have Personally spent thousands in here over past 8-months

Needless to say he didn't agree with my analogy

BUT, Mickey did eventually get paid 2348ji23e2348ji23e

munson15

I want winners...

SIMPLY

Couldn't agree more, Unfortuantely in "real World" not that easy, Try this story & hope you like My Anology ..........

10-12 yr ago Guy Stiffs me for like $2800

said

A) I made 350+++++ Per yr altho he was guessing

B) He estimated he had lost 25-30 himself that yr

Therefore he didn't OWE SHIT

so, Mike being Mike, Gave him This analogy

I go into Walmart every week & spend Money

Should ONE-DAY I go & Steal something, would these Kinda Excuses work (Like he Offered)

A) U MAKE MILLIONS PER MONTH

B) I have Personally spent thousands in here over past 8-months

Needless to say he didn't agree with my analogy

BUT, Mickey did eventually get paid 2348ji23e2348ji23e
The analogy holds water for me, but I don't operate like this cat did, obviously.

munson15

I want winners...

it is a convenience for both player and book...........usually it's between two people who have trust in each other.............I usually had a settlement of 10-20 times the average bet that customer usually made (but that had to be paid the next day if it went over either way)......I never carried figures from week to week unless the figure wasn't worth meeting for......

Small players for some reason we always settled the next week unless the figure was under $100................

I had many a laydown, stiff job or slow pay over the years.......but a good bookie has a feel for his customers and can sense when a guy is in trouble.........

One old time bookie (after we were talking about a pro who went sour) said to me

A guy is good until he goes bad.......

OSU......when you can figure that out before hand.....You can be the next president............
I'm in the receivables business and it's not easy, especially when times are tough. But didn't you sense a guy was hurting just by the sound of his voice? I always thought if I could talk just casually once a week to the guys who owe us money, I might get an idea of who was teetering. Not critiquing you, just wondering.

The Devil

EOG Master

I'm in the receivables business and it's not easy, especially when times are tough. But didn't you sense a guy was hurting just by the sound of his voice? I always thought if I could talk just casually once a week to the guys who owe us money, I might get an idea of who was teetering. Not critiquing you, just wondering.

MUNSON.....SOMETIMES BY THE VOICE...BUT USUALLY BY THE TYPE OF BETS THEY MADE.....

THE GUY USUALLY BETS 2'S 3'S AND 4'S NOW WANTS NICKLE REVERSES ETC.......BECAUSE HE IS DOWN A FEW DIMES..........