Plane down in the Hudson River

Re: Plane down in the Hudson River

They think it took a bird through the engine. Looks like the pilot did one hell of a job bringing it down in one piece. I guess it's been floating(kind of) for over 15 minutes.

PassTheRock

EOG Master

You can watch it live here:
http://mfile.akamai.com/23042/live/reflector:45282.asx

texansfan

EOG Master

The plane is underwater now...

I guess not completely after watching further...

A US Airways passenger jet taking off from La Guardia airport in New York en route to Charlotte, N.C., crashed into the Hudson River on Thursday.

WNBC's Tim Minton quoted a government source as saying that the pilot may have hit a flock of geese.

The plane is an Airbus A320. NBC News identified it as Flight 1549, which departed at 3:20 p.m. ET with about 145 passengers and five crew members aboard. It was a scheduled flight to the Charlotte-Douglas, N.C., airport.

texansfan

EOG Master

Um, yeah....about the time people start getting ankle deep in ice water, I'm sure the "GET ME THE FUCK OUTTA HERE-NOW!" factor gets multiplied by about 1000.

No kidding. I'm sure many people were thinking me first instead of women and children first.

Um, yeah....about the time people start getting ankle deep in ice water, I'm sure the "GET ME THE FUCK OUTTA HERE-NOW!" factor gets multiplied by about 1000.

Yeah, not only getting them off the plane safe but also getting them dried off and out of the cold.

texansfan

EOG Master

How long before some poly forum wacko says the U.S. took the plane down?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28678669<iframe src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/22887506#22887506" scrolling="no" width="425" frameborder="0" height="339"></iframe><style type="text/css">.msnbcLinks {font-size:11px; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #999; margin-top: 5px; background: transparent; text-align: center; width: 425px;} .msnbcLinks a {text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px;} .msnbcLinks a:link, .msnbcLinks a:visited {color: #5799db !important;} .msnbcLinks a:hover, .msnbcLinks a:active {color:#CC0000 !important;} </style>Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy

LIVE COVERAGE via MSNBC

texansfan

EOG Master

Water temp barely above freezing. Hopefully everyone got out because you can't live long in that temp.

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

Looks like the pilot saved the day - he landed with the nose up and the tail hit first and it skimmed accross the water

If I had been on the plane I'd a been half lit, beings I have to drink a bit to fly. And I probably would have drowned or some shit:blink:

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

wow, very scary...but passengers are arriving at the hospitals now....looks like the pilot might be a hero from how it looks......

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

They say everyone was orderly getting as they got off - I don't know - if I'm on that plane and it's in the water and a door opens - I have a damn hard time not seeing myself the first one out the door.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

They say everyone was orderly getting as they got off - I don't know - if I'm on that plane and it's in the water and a door opens - I have a damn hard time not seeing myself the first one out the door.

cmon, Seymour, you probably would have had your pants off, so you would have had to take a minute to pull them back up, and get everything tucked back in..

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Yeah, you're helpless sitting in a metal tube for sure.

yes but no one died and not many plane wrecks anymore.

They show this on TV because it makes a good picture. But thousands will die this week in car accidents.

air travel- professional pilots who even when things go very wrong are pretty good at getting you out of it.

driving- guy behind you might be an unlicensed illegal alien who just drank a 12 pack and did a bunch of coke.

PassTheRock

EOG Master

no major injuries at all

did you notice in the picture that it looks like most of the people don't have life jackets on?