VARITEK SET TO VETO THE DEAL......

Re: VARITEK SET TO VETO THE DEAL......

varitek,boras and sox to meet this afternoon....

i may get the $50 after all is said and done....tek gets between 7-8 when this is over...highway robbery...

Alrighty, you guys can spout off and be assholes all you want, but take it from someone born a Red Sox fan: Veritek is priceless to the city of Boston. PRICELESS. He's a stand up guy and is respected by the people he plays with for a good reason. There are certain things more important than stats alone. Maybe he was a bit of a weak link in the hitting department, but I can't remember him making any serious errors as a catcher. Jason Veritek belongs at Fenway Park.

Sweded, but what if you were not born a Red Sox fan? :+clueless

Pretend for a minute that you were not a Boston fan at all.

Can you seriously say that hes worth more than 5 mill?

Sweded, but what if you were not born a Red Sox fan? :+clueless

Pretend for a minute that you were not a Boston fan at all.

Can you seriously say that hes worth more than 5 mill?

Well, if I wasn't a Red Sox fan (and didn't live in New England), I might not know how important he is to the team on that level...but I have always felt that stats alone shouldn't dictate an athlete's value.

Well, if I wasn't a Red Sox fan (and didn't live in New England), I might not know how important he is to the team on that level...but I have always felt that stats alone shouldn't dictate an athlete's value.

SWEDE...THEY DON'T GET IT!!!

THE SOX WERE WILLING TO PAY HIM 12M IN ARBITRATION....THEY OBVIOUSLY KNOW HIS WORTH....

HE WILL GET 5M...AND PROLLY MORE...

If hes so important the pitching staff and the fans, maybee he shoulda took that into consideration and said "Ill take the 5mill because the pitching staff needs me, and I wanna return for the fans!"

Hes so important to the community, meanwhile the community is losing jobs everyday, while he is demanding more money? :+clueless

THE SOX WERE WILLING TO PAY HIM 12M IN ARBITRATION....THEY OBVIOUSLY KNOW HIS WORTH....

I know they don't, Tony. Just like they didn't get why I was glad to see Manny go. 2348ji23e

I know they don't, Tony. Just like they didn't get why I was glad to see Manny go. 2348ji23e

I think that Tony, Sweded and Varitek should go kiss each others asses on top the green monster. :+textinb3

If hes so important the pitching staff and the fans, maybee he shoulda took that into consideration and said "Ill take the 5mill because the pitching staff needs me, and I wanna return for the fans!"

Hes so important to the community, meanwhile the community is losing jobs everyday, while he is demanding more money? :+clueless

Smithton, you have got to be shitting me. I mean, really. Like he's the only athelete to say they feel like they deserve more. Puh-lease.

Sooooo.....if he takes the $5 mil instead of asking for more, the unemployment rate in the Boston area will go down? Interesting. I bet if he knew that, he'd take the $5 Mil. I fail to see how his contract negotiations affect the amount of jobs available in the community.

I think that Tony, Sweded and Varitek should go kiss each others asses on top the green monster. :+textinb3

You get Veritek to meet us on the Green Monstah and I'll kiss him anywhere you want. :devil:

....Veritek, not Tony....he's a married man and I'm not that kind of girl.

Smithton, you have got to be shitting me. I mean, really. Like he's the only athelete to say they feel like they deserve more. Puh-lease.

Sooooo.....if he takes the $5 mil instead of asking for more, the unemployment rate in the Boston area will go down? Interesting. I bet if he knew that, he'd take the $5 Mil. I fail to see how his contract negotiations affect the amount of jobs available in the community.

Well if hes such importance to the community and such a great guy, he should willing to take the 5mill to stay with the Sox.

You get Veritek to meet us on the Green Monstah and I'll kiss him anywhere you want. :devil:

....Veritek, not Tony....he's a married man and I'm not that kind of girl.

I'D LOVE TO WATCH YOU KISS TEK.....PLUS I'VE NEVER BEEN IN THE MONSTER SEATS....

Well if hes such importance to the community and such a great guy, he should willing to take the 5mill to stay with the Sox.

Okay, well we'll see if you feel the same way when this sort of thing starts happening with Big Ben.

You must LOVE Tom Brady, then. He doesn't get paid any where near what he's worth.

Okay, well we'll see if you feel the same way when this sort of thing starts happening with Big Ben.

You must LOVE Tom Brady, then. He doesn't get paid any where near what he's worth.

Sweded, Big Ben could hit atleast 250 Tek may never hit over 220 again.

Tony is Steeler fan too. 12io4j2w90

Oh shit, I forgot about that! Okay, so Tony and Sporty are the exception.

Still, Big Ben isn't as tough as he used to be. I would hope that the Steelers keep him around as long as possible...and take into account the years he has put in with the franchise, his leadership of the team and the butts he puts in the seats on game day when getting ready to make him an offer.

munson15

I want winners...

He's playing chicken like Pettitte did, and will crawl back to Boston with his tail between his legs. FWIW, I agree with Tony on his value to the pitching staff. And, if he hits .240 with 15 HR's, that's a season they'd take from him in a minute.
bump

You Steelers fans are all the same...with the exception of Sporty....but even she gets a little blinded by her black and gold at times.

sporty votes steelers for all the awards like mvp, defensive player of the year , etc. Everyone that wears black and gold is a pro bowler to her :doh1

sporty votes steelers for all the awards like mvp, defensive player of the year , etc. Everyone that wears black and gold is a pro bowler to her :doh1

So true.

My brother called me after this year's Pats/Steelers game gloating, of course. Mind you, I didn't gloat to him when we all were at the game to watch the Pats kick their asses the year before. So he was going on and on about it.....and I was letting him. But I finally had to chime in and point out that he wasn't being very sportsmanly and that it wasn't so long ago that he was on the losing end of this on-going war between us. Of course, he starts going on and ON about all the players that were injured that game....blah blah blah. Typical. Injuries were a good enough excuse for his Steelers a year ago, but when they win, he makes no mention of the fact that our STARTING QB (among others) were missing from the game this year. 2348ji23e

and the butts he puts in the seats on game day when getting ready to make him an offer.

This is no factor.

Currently there is a waiting list for season tickets. If you would like to be placed on this list please send a written request to: Pittsburgh Steelers, PO Box 6763, Pittsburgh, PA 15212. You will receive written confirmation that your name has been placed on the waiting list.
I know a guy who was on the list 15 years.

So true.

My brother called me after this year's Pats/Steelers game gloating, of course. Mind you, I didn't gloat to him when we all were at the game to watch the Pats kick their asses the year before. So he was going on and on about it.....and I was letting him. But I finally had to chime in and point out that he wasn't being very sportsmanly and that it wasn't so long ago that he was on the losing end of this on-going war between us. Of course, he starts going on and ON about all the players that were injured that game....blah blah blah. Typical. Injuries were a good enough excuse for his Steelers a year ago, but when they win, he makes no mention of the fact that our STARTING QB (among others) were missing from the game this year. 2348ji23e

hahahhaha yep, seems steelers fans are the same every where. That's why i hope they get smashed :)

If they lose, it's because omg this guy was injured or the refs hahaha. Just like u said :+excited-

This is no factor.

Currently there is a waiting list for season tickets. If you would like to be placed on this list please send a written request to: Pittsburgh Steelers, PO Box 6763, Pittsburgh, PA 15212. You will receive written confirmation that your name has been placed on the waiting list.
I know a guy who was on the list 15 years.

Once again, typical.

Doo you have any idea how long the waiting list is for Sox season tickets and how much they'll cost you to buy them off someone?

hahahhaha yep, seems steelers fans are the same every where. That's why i hope they get smashed :)

If they lose, it's because omg this guy was injured or the refs hahaha. Just like u said :+excited-

:cheers91023i2ndw;l:houra

Gooooooo Cardinals!!!

Sporty is gonna kill me. :blink:

Once again, typical.

Doo you have any idea how long the waiting list is for Sox season tickets and how much they'll cost you to buy them off someone?

NOT typical. You said take into consideration the butts Big Ben puts in the seats!
The Steelers would sell out even if Varitek was the QB! :+textinb3

And no, I dont know about the Sox Tickets. 12io4j2w90

Thats does it! Im on my way to Scranton!
:violent:

NOT typical. You said take into consideration the butts Big Ben puts in the seats!
The Steelers would sell out even if Varitek was the QB! :+textinb3

And no, I dont know about the Sox Tickets. 12io4j2w90

Just because people HAVE the season tickets, that doesn't mean they're the ones going to the game. Sure, people will go because football games are damn fun. Anywho, you don't get it so I'm done arguing.

Just because people HAVE the season tickets, that doesn't mean they're the ones going to the game. Sure, people will go because football games are damn fun. Anywho, you don't get it so I'm done arguing.

First off! Im not arguing!12io4j2w90
But, does it really matter who sits in the seats?

NO! Bottom line is the tickets are sold.

First off! Im not arguing!12io4j2w90
But, does it really matter who sits in the seats?

NO! Bottom line is the tickets are sold.

I know I know. I guess my point is, you have to think about the long term happiness of your fans too. You need loyal fans to get your francise through "re-building years"...and loyal fans want to see the Big Ben's and Veriteks of their teams treated well. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'd rather see him stick around even if it costs us a few runs than send him off before his time...or worse yet, see him go to another team. It's almost exactly the opposite of the Manny thing. Yeah, the guy can hit...but his attitude was bringing the whole team down. I was glad the Sox let him go and I'm glad they're keeping Tek. Sure, they could get a younger catcher with a better batting average, but what would that d to the chemistry of the team?

I was also infuriated when people started saying stupid shit about keeping Cassell and getting rid of Brady. Brady waited for his chance and has played his ass off since he got into that starting spot. He's led the team to 3 Super Bowls already. PLUS, he's taken LESS money than he could have gotten elsewhere so the Pats could afford other players and stay under the cap. The guy is a team player. I think my hatred for Bob Kraft would ruin the Pats for me forever if they had done that.

Veritek has been a team player for YEARS in Boston. I think he deserves a fat paycheck for what miught me his last couple of years.