Michael Phelps smoking pot ... who gives a shit?

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Source: News Of The World

THIS is the astonishing picture which could destroy the career of the greatest competitor in Olympic history. In our exclusive photo Michael Phelps, who won a record EIGHT gold medals for swimming at the Beijing games last summer, draws from a bong. The glass pipes are generally used to smoke cannabis.

And after sporting chiefs announced laws which mean four-year bans for drug-taking, Phelps? dreams of adding to his overall 14 gold medal tally at the 2012 games in London could already be OVER. Those dreams seemed the last thing on his mind when he puffed from the bong during two days of partying with students last November, a quiet time in the swimming calendar when athletes would not expect to get tested for drugs.

One party-goer who witnessed the star?s behaviour told the News of the World: ?He was out of control from the moment he got there.
?If he continues to party like that I?d be amazed if he ever won any more medals again.?

Read more: http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/150832/14-times-Ol...

benny0420

EOG Dedicated
Re: Michael Phelps smoking pot ... who gives a shit?

Its a performace enhancing drug for him. How else do you inhale 20,000 calories a day?

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Legalize pot and tax it

who gives a shit .... tell me some dude is more dangerous after 6 bong hits
than downing a 1/5 th of Jack Daniels ???

Stupidest damn law on the books ... 1/2 the guys in prison are in for drug
possession

They don't need prison time ... they need rehab

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated

i think it is only a matter of time...

before the pics of phelps and brayln edwards...

playin' nutz on cheeks come out.

:doggie

rayray

EOG Dedicated

doesnt fucking matter. if he doesnt test positive for his next event, he doesnt test positive. not a fucking thing they can do to him. no big deal

maverick

EOG Veteran

I cant say for sure from that picture its even him..........

ynot

EOG Dedicated

doesnt fucking matter. if he doesnt test positive for his next event, he doesnt test positive. not a fucking thing they can do to him. no big deal

That's what I was thinking. You can't test a picture for thc.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Might be EOG's Texasfan as rumors are he likes sucking on big long things

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Like smoking pot is a "sin"??

Hell ... if more folks smoked pot there would be less wars in the world

?natin'on$'s

EOG Enthusiast

he can smoke whatever he wants after that performance he put on at the olympics.

Tell em to get off your dick.....
.get your dough---- open your own----and stroll on these mo fo's
mf'ers out here don't really give a fuck about you--
just look they outed you by selling the picture....

stef

EOG Enthusiast

Really does not look like Phelps and besides who cares???

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

Who cares? Maybe the people paying him millions of dollars to be a front man for their products.

trapper

EOG Member

Who ever takes the picture needs an ass beatin in the worst way. Some hack loser decides to screw someone's life up or try to should tell you what that person has going for them. Stitches for snitches is what should come of this.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

FOX NEWS has Geraldo on top of this ....

Time for Geraldo to square things up after his Capone Vault venture:

Al Capone's Vault

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://s.ytimg.com/yt/swf/watch-vfl75605.swf" style="" id="movie_player" name="movie_player" bgcolor="#000000" quality="high" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" flashvars="q=geraldo%20rivera%20and%20capone%20valut&fexp=900017&vq=null&sourceid=ys&video_id=P84OKTUx6LY&l=85&sk=W7HZeruihJtdmFiedGhACDxUHv6SCt-CC&fmt_map=&usef=0&t=OEgsToPDskKodARtXessw9uus3ct0u69&hl=en&plid=AARh3jlt7CNjkffgAAAAoAAIAAA&playnext=0&enablejsapi=1" width="480" height="385">

Like smoking pot is a "sin"??

Hell ... if more folks smoked pot there would be less wars in the world

I agree Doc :cheers

"Destroy his career" ??? LOL.... gotta be kidding.

Not like he was in the airport bathroom tapping his toes with his neighbor in stall #3 12io4j2w90

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

You guys can agree all you want about how THC ought to be legal...but the fact is it's not! I could also care less if Phelps smokes pot or not, but the reality is that he is incredibly stupid to jeopardize his advertising endorsement career by having this picture appear.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Phelps Calls Photo of Him Smoking Marijuana 'Regrettable'

Sunday , February 01, 2009

TAMPA, Fla. ?
Olympic great Michael Phelps has acknowledged "regrettable" behavior and "bad judgment" after a photo in a British newspaper showed him smoking marijuana.
Click here to see the photo.
In a statement released to The Associated Press, the swimmer who won a record eight gold medals at the Beijing Games conceded the authenticity of the exclusive picture published Sunday by the tabloid News of the World.
Phelps said: "I engaged in behavior which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgment. I'm 23 years old and despite the successes I've had in the pool, I acted in a youthful and inappropriate way, not in a manner people have come to expect from me. For this, I am sorry. I promise my fans and the public it will not happen again."

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Source: News Of The World

THIS is the astonishing picture which could destroy the career of the greatest competitor in Olympic history. In our exclusive photo Michael Phelps, who won a record EIGHT gold medals for swimming at the Beijing games last summer, draws from a bong. The glass pipes are generally used to smoke cannabis.

And after sporting chiefs announced laws which mean four-year bans for drug-taking, Phelps? dreams of adding to his overall 14 gold medal tally at the 2012 games in London could already be OVER. Those dreams seemed the last thing on his mind when he puffed from the bong during two days of partying with students last November, a quiet time in the swimming calendar when athletes would not expect to get tested for drugs.

One party-goer who witnessed the star?s behaviour told the News of the World: ?He was out of control from the moment he got there.
?If he continues to party like that I?d be amazed if he ever won any more medals again.?

Read more: http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/150832/14-times-Ol...

Hey Doc,
You left out the best part of the article...this is from the end of the article you linked...

"Phelps is represented by marketing giant Octagon, which works with huge brands such as Mastercard and HSBC. They admitted proven cannabis use would be ?a major taint? on Phelps? character.

Spokesman Clifford Bloxham offered us an extraordinary deal not to publish our story, saying Phelps would become our columnist for three years, host events and get his sponsors to advertise with us.

In return, he asked that we kill Phelps? bong picture. Bloxham said: ?It?s seeing if something potentially very negative for Michael could turn into something very positive for the News of the World.?

?natin'on$'s

EOG Enthusiast

jeezus.....apologizing. Have some nuts

nothing to apologize about.-- taint on his character..give me a break

Fuck'em --
Don't live your life on the plantation and slave to them dictating and judging you and your personal choices. Don't let them buy you out, it's not worth it. Plenty of ways to make money in this world especially with that amount of talent, but more importantly live your life.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

jeezus.....apologizing. Have some nuts

Fuck'em --
Don't live your life on the plantation and slave to them dictating and judging you and your personal choices. Don't let them buy you out, it's not worth it. Plenty of ways to make money in this world especially with that amount of talent, but more importantly live your life.

Just a guess here, but I bet you're not making hundreds of $millions in advertising endorsements.

The smartest thing Phelps could do was to acknowledge his error and apologize....the American public is very forgiving.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

i didnt really think it looked like him eitehr, but if he admitted it, then let it go and move on.....athletes who kill dogs and are accused of rape go right on like nothing happened, doubt this is a career ender..

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1928004 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> 02-01-09, 03:04 PM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #25 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>?natin'on$'s<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1928004", true); </SCRIPT>
EOG Enthusiast

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1928004 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> Re: Michael Phelps smoking pot ... who gives a shit?
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>jeezus.....apologizing. Have some nuts

Fuck'em --
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Spoken like someone who doesn't have millions of dollars of endorsement contracts which I'm sure have clauses concerning behavior written into them.

He did the smart thing, apologize and try to move on. Or he could get a job at 7-11 like some of our posters here and not worry about what other people think.

Does 7-11 piss test their employees?

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

OMG....AB and I agreeing on something...the end is nigh!

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

DOPE is someone who stands in the corner of a joint a joint is a place you drink beer. take the medels back and he can stay in britain.
this is a f/n outrage

?natin'on$'s

EOG Enthusiast

<table class="tborder" id="post1928004" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="thead" style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(43, 41, 94); border-width: 1px 0px 1px 1px; font-weight: normal;"> 02-01-09, 03:04 PM </td><td class="thead" style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(43, 41, 94); border-width: 1px 1px 1px 0px; font-weight: normal;" align="right"> #25 </td></tr><tr valign="top"><td class="alt2" style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(43, 41, 94); border-width: 0px 1px;" width="175">?natin'on$'s<script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1928004", true); </script>
EOG Enthusiast

</td><td class="alt1" id="td_post_1928004" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(43, 41, 94);"> Re: Michael Phelps smoking pot ... who gives a shit?
<hr style="color: rgb(43, 41, 94);" size="1">jeezus.....apologizing. Have some nuts

Fuck'em --
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Spoken like someone who doesn't have millions of dollars of endorsement contracts which I'm sure have clauses concerning behavior written into them.

He did the smart thing, apologize and try to move on. Or he could get a job at 7-11 like some of our posters here and not worry about what other people think.

Does 7-11 piss test their employees?

Wow that was such a non predictable response.

Again---
GET YOUR DOUGH-OPEN YOUR OWN--STROLL on those mother fuckers and live your life.

They don't give a fuck about you. Now if you want to roll like that then apologize, it's easily done , and the situation could probably be rectified.

Or be true to yourself and don't apologize because you did nothing wrong-- endorse cannabis and hemp products if you like to use it.

Did he break the contract --yes more than likely- so he'll have to man-up and accept the consequences of possibly losing those contracts;
However I'm sure some companies will still work with him.

I know I don't have millions of millions on the table, but where do you draw the line between living your life and being what THEY want you to be.

Break the strings from the puppet master and maybe then you'll realize that I might have MORE to lose if I apologize than the millions I lost by not apologizing.

So we can end this discussion with this:

I'm going to say money is not everything and is not the end all be all.

Then you are going to say -- "I know money is not everything, but...."

Then I'm going to say--Well if you know, then act like it.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Wow that was such a non predictable response.

Again---
GET YOUR DOUGH-OPEN YOUR OWN--STROLL on those mother fuckers and live your life.

They don't give a fuck about you. Now if you want to roll like that then apologize, it's easily done , and the situation could probably be rectified.

Or be true to yourself and don't apologize because you did nothing wrong-- endorse cannabis and hemp products if you like to use it.

Did he break the contract --yes more than likely- so he'll have to man-up and accept the consequences of possibly losing those contracts;
However I'm sure some companies will still work with him.

I know I don't have millions of millions on the table, but where do you draw the line between living your life and being what THEY want you to be.

Break the strings from the puppet master and maybe then you'll realize that I might have MORE to lose if I apologize than the millions I lost by not apologizing.

So we can end this discussion with this:

I'm going to say money is not everything and is not the end all be all.

Then you are going to say -- "I know money is not everything, but...."

Then I'm going to say--Well if you know, then act like it.

Just guessing again, but I'm betting you've had your share of bong hits yourself! A brain is a terrible thing to waste.....

?natin'on$'s

EOG Enthusiast

or maybe I had my share of people judging me since I was born and realized very quickly not only how to hold my own, but also there are some things that money & || bribery won't buy from me because it's not for sale.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

I think it should be legal to smoke pot or anything else. I THINK IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL TO EXHALE!

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

or maybe I had my share of people judging me since I was born and realized very quickly not only how to hold my own, but also there are some things that money & || bribery won't buy from me because it's not for sale.

Just guessing again, but I doubt you possess anything that anyone would want to buy(unlike the subject of this thread, Michael Phelps)

?natin'on$'s

EOG Enthusiast

differences in philosophies at jobs i quit but nothing on the monetary level of Phelps.

Look you Herb..just cause you will ho out don't put that shit on everybody else expecting them too also, just like I can't put not apologizing on Michael Phelps although it would have been nice to see him do it.

You gonna continue with the personal attacks or add something to the conversation of the line between living your life and getting bought out?

Finally for the second time:

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

differences in philosophies at jobs i quit but nothing on the monetary level of Phelps.

Look you Herb..just cause you will ho out don't put that shit on everybody else expecting them too also, just like I can't put not apologizing on Michael Phelps although it would have been nice to see him do it.

You gonna continue with the personal attacks or add something to the conversation of the line between living your life and getting bought out?

Finally for the second time:

No, but I will point out for the non-stoned amongst us that Michael Phelps already apologized so this statement of yours makes no sense...
"just like I can't put not apologizing on Michael Phelps although it would have been nice to see him do it."
...gee, a stoner making no sense....whoda thunk it?

?natin'on$'s

EOG Enthusiast

Sorry I'm not perfect in English, I majored in Finance.

"just like I can't put not apologizing on Michael Phelps although it would have been nice to see him do it" --to see him do the act of not apologizing and saying something else which is heartfelt and not a canned response.... Is that better...massah Sir? Let me know massa cause I can sho clean it up mo if you dusn't like it..

But you are the epitome of what I'm talking about --making judgments about my drug use-- Calling me out because I'm saying he should stand up if that what he likes to do. It didn't have to be pot it could have been any other victimless crime which is debated by society. You turned my stance into a personal attack on me totally ignoring the issue between free choice or being bought out.

You are the perfect example.
Who in their right FUCKING mind would want to live their life giving a fuck what people like you think? There is NO PRICE for that SHIT. You not in my pocket nor stopping my paper and if anyone gets their cash flow stopped because they smoked a joint--then shame on them.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Sorry I'm not perfect in English, I majored in Finance.

"just like I can't put not apologizing on Michael Phelps although it would have been nice to see him do it" --to see him do the act of not apologizing and saying something else which is heartfelt and not a canned response.... Is that better...massah Sir? Let me know massa cause I can sho clean it up mo if you dusn't like it..

But you are the epitome of what I'm talking about --making judgments about my drug use-- Calling me out because I'm saying he should stand up if that what he likes to do. It didn't have to be pot it could have been any other victimless crime which is debated by society. You turned my stance into a personal attack on me totally ignoring the issue between free choice or being bought out.

You are the perfect example.
Who in their right FUCKING mind would want to live their life giving a fuck what people like you think? There is NO PRICE for that SHIT. You not in my pocket nor stopping my paper and if anyone gets their cash flow stopped because they smoked a joint--then shame on them.

You are indeed correct...your English is not very good. Neither is your logic, as evidenced by this thread, and once again, I'm just guessing, but I bet your finance aint so hot either!

For the record, I have made ZERO judgments about you or your drug use....I have prefaced each and every remark about you as a guess, but I bet I'm right.

And I don't give a rat's ass if you care about my opinion or not, that's certainly not going to stop me from having and/or expressing one!

In the real world, the one which Michael Phelps and I inhabit, it does indeed make a difference whether you smoke pot or not. But I'm sure it doesn't affect you, so carry on.

?natin'on$'s

EOG Enthusiast

and this the topic at hand...
"it does indeed make a difference whether you smoke pot or not"

if you got your shit straight and don't need massa or the plantation then it doesn't matter.

"I have prefaced each and every remark about you as a guess"
come on you can do better than some bullshit technicality when those statements had nothing to do with free choice and being bought out.

Right my logic is screwed which is why you went on personal attacks....

Does it hurt when it goes in... or do you get used to it after awhile?
That's the real beef here right?.... fact that some of us won't bend over when you will.

aiight Superbowl party time....we can argue later in the am or tomorrow.