Gravy's Super Bowl Pick for Sunday 2/1

gravy

EOG Addicted
Have been having an excellent NFL playoff season and hate to see it go but im kind of glad that this football season is done after Sunday for me so I can relax and chill for a couple of months.With all that out of the way I like this for the Super Bowl on Sunday:

Pittsburgh (-6) -Bought Half Point- This game to me is very interesting to say the least as I think both teams can take advantages of the other teams weaknesses in this game.For the Steelers here are my keys for them:

1) You must be able to run the football on Sunday with Willie Parker
2) Must Protect Big Ben in passing situations
3) If Hines Ward isnt 100% which I dont think he is can someone else pick up the slack
4) How do you disguise you blitzes to confuse Warner into making mistakes like he is prone to do when the pressure is on.
5) How do you cover Larry Fitzgerald because I dont think you can double him all game
6) Special Teams must make big plays for you in this game with Santonio Holmes in the return Game and must protect you Punter in this game as if you dont I wouldnt be shocked he gets a punt blocked in the game.

For the Cardinals here are some keys for them:

1) You must be able to run the football with James and not be one dimentional
2) You must protect Kurt Warner and be able to find out where the Steelers are blitzing from.
3) Who else can step up when Fitzgerald is being doubled and can Boldin put his crybaby act on hold for this game
4) Everybody has a good idea you are going to try a trick play in this game at somepoint and can you excute your play without it blowing up in your face.
5) Must stop Willie Parker from Running the football
6) Put pressure on Big Ben and keep him from running out of the pocket
7) Must stop 2nd & 3rd and long situations and not let the Steelers keep drives alive

With all this said I think like everybody else that somehow Dick Lebeau will come up with a way to confuse Warner with all sorts of Blitzes in this game from every which way imaginable and can the Cards pick up the Blitz.If so I think the Steelers can be in for a long day but I think this game will be close until the 4th qtr and than a mistake or turnover will decide this game and I see the Steelers scoring late and winning 27-17 but just enough to make you sweat.

Here is a couple of props I like:

Steelers over 2.5 sacks (-115)
Holmes to score a TD (+140)
Holmes longest reception over 21.5 Yards (-115)
Heath Miller score a TD (+200)
Steelers to win by 10-13 Pts (+450)
A Defensive or Special teams TD score Yes (+160)
MVP Award:
Santonio Holmes (+1600)
Willie Parker (+600)

Ok I want to wish everybody here the BOL on Sunday and please bet within your means as you dont have to make a huge wager on this gamejust becuse its the Super Bowl.Also be safe driving home from your Super Bowl parties and want to dedicate this to my freind Eric who passed away from a heart attack last August who was a huge Steelers fan and hope your are looking down from above and rooting for your team on Sunday.Gravy

ballwonder

EOG Master
Re: Gravy's Super Bowl Pick for Sunday 2/1

Great write up gravy, I read this in the a.m. and just came back and read it again. Thanks and best of luck.

gravy

EOG Addicted
Re: Gravy's Super Bowl Pick for Sunday 2/1

Well even though I lost my Pitt -6 bet won some back on some prop plays on Holmes so not a total loss on the night.I just want to give the Cards credit for not quiting and giving us one hell of a game tonight.