Michael Phelps Press Confc that just ended

felonee

EOG Veteran
Re: Michael Phelps Press Confc that just ended

That guy has got to have an amazing set of lungs.....power hitter for sure!

Journeyman

EOG Master

Why didn't he just claim it was photoshopped?

How many millions will this cost him?

free bet

EOG Enthusiast

so he took a zip of the devil?s lettuce, so what....

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master

Does this really suprise anyone? I mean come on, did anyone watch the interviews at the olympics? Sucks the kid got caught though.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

It may end up being the most expensive bong hit in the history of mankind if
some of his clauses kick in on endorsesment deals

the dick that took that picture needs a good ole fashion ass beating

:violent:

The Prophet

EOG Dedicated

Michael Phelps the mediated perception of the all-American athlete is doing bongs and chasing young women! :+excited-

Must be tough for a 23-year old American hero to swim around a fish-bowl of public world opinion which seeks human perfection unfound within its critics? 2348ji23e

Michael Phelps, America?s poster-child to ?High-Times? in more than a figurative way?a ?golden-boy? hero, ?pothead? zero or just another kid at the party? :thumbsup

skoda

EOG Senior Member

NEW YORK — A young man appears to be smoking pot at a party. Big deal, right? Our new president has freely admitted doing just that in his youth — inhaling, too — and it didn’t derail him one bit. So should we expect more of Michael Phelps?

Phelps

It depends on what we want and expect our youthful role models to be: perfect, or flawed like the rest of us.

And so as the Olympic swimmer’s many corporate sponsors were wrestling with their options Monday, a day after an embarrassing photo emerged of the decorated athlete appearing to inhale from a bong, some were looking at the bright side.
“We should grab this teachable moment,” said Lisa Bain, executive editor of Parenting magazine. “It’s a good opportunity to talk to your kids about role models. They’re human. They’re not gods.”
“Any conversation you can have with your kids about the choices people make, especially those they hold up as role models, is a good thing,” Bain said.
To her and to many others, there’s no question that Phelps is a role model for young kids, as opposed to, say, a mere celebrity endorser. Only role models appear on Kellogg’s cereal boxes, for example. And that complicates the problems for this young man, whose journey to eight gold medals in Beijing last year captivated the world.
“Breakfast cereal — that’s really speaking to kids between 6 and 12,” said Marian Salzman, known as a trendspotter in the advertising industry. “He has big, important deals, in a terrible economy. This is just wacky.”
But that doesn’t mean Phelps, 23, doesn’t deserve a break, says Salzman, chief marketing officer of the Porter Novelli public relations firm. She blames his handlers, who should have done a much better job protecting him from the foibles of youth, from newly won freedom, and from piles of money.
“He’s probably a nice boy who didn’t get enough guidance,” said Salzman — especially after a drunken-driving arrest after the 2004 Olympics. “I think he accomplished that huge dream in Beijing, and then his people just relaxed.”
The Phelps affair is sure to revive the debate over whether athletes should even be considered role models. “I don’t think they are,” Salzman said.

18 years old in 2004??????

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Little diffc

Barack did not have up to 100 million in endorsements ....

Phelps fucked up and I am curious to see who pulls the plug

The more I see shit like this the list of real role models in sports is short
with Tiger at the top of the list

Bad judgement on Phelps part ... excuses don't cut it as that seems to
be the big plea part of society that folks like to sell

?natin'on$'s

EOG Enthusiast

[/QUOTE]But that doesn?t mean Phelps, 23, doesn?t deserve a break, says Salzman, chief marketing officer of the Porter Novelli public relations firm. She blames his handlers, who should have done a much better job protecting him from the foibles of youth, from newly won freedom, and from piles of money.
[

18 years old in 2004??????[/QUOTE]

Blames his handlers???? He's a GROWN FUCKING MAN.
Shit our parents and grandparents had big families to take care of by the time they were 23. They had other peoples lives in their hands..

from newly won freedom, and from piles of money.

Jesus F****G CHIRST--

He won his freedom--
Thank you massa ..u sho dun been good to us's to let us participate in your game of win our freedom..

Yeah he got his freedom but just like a lot of the slaves that didn't leave the plantation after they were freed he'll stick around too. Lost without the plantation.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

PHELPS COULD FACE CHARGES AFTER POT PICTURES

By CLEMENTE LISI
<LINK href="/css/re_slideshow.css" type=text/css rel=stylesheet>javascript:SLIDES.hotlink()

<FORM id=qas_frm name=qas_frm action="" method=get target=""> </FORM>
Last updated: 11:48 am
February 3, 2009
Posted: 10:06 am
February 3, 2009
Michael Phelps may have smoked the competition in Beijing, but he may not be so lucky at eluding the law in South Carolina.
Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott said he will charge Phelps with a crime if he is able to determine the 14-time Olympic gold medalist smoked marijuana in his jurisdiction.
See the Photo Here
Phelps, who set a record with eight gold medals at the 2008 Summer Games, was photographed smoking marijuana out of a pipe at a November party in Columbia.
The photo was published on Sunday in the British newspaper News of the World.
Phelps has since apologized, calling his behavior "inappropriate."
"This case is no different than any other case," Lott said. "This one might be a lot easier since we have photographs of someone using drugs and a partial confession. It's a relatively easy case once we can determine where the crime occurred."
Possession of marijuana is a misdemeanor in Richland County -- punishable by up to 30 days in jail or a $570 fine.
It remains unclear where the party took place, although the paper said it occurred during a visit at the University of South Carolina.
Phelps' sponsors - including swimsuit-maker Speedo and Swiss watchmaker Omega - issued statements calling the incident a "non-issue."
The International Olympic Committee has also accepted Phelps' apology.
"We have no reason to doubt his sincerity and his commitment to continue to act as a role model," the IOC said in a statement

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Yeah good luck enforcing that

How in the hell is gonna prove that?

the Picture is Phelps with his lips around a bong

Barney Fife needs to stick to making sure Otis Campbell doesn't slip in his
jail while drunk

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

How in the hell is gonna prove that?

according to the article...

"This case is no different than any other case," Lott said. "This one might be a lot easier since we have photographs of someone using drugs and a partial confession. It's a relatively easy case once we can determine where the crime occurred."

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

How in the hell are they gonna prove there was pot in the bong?

Barney Fife is looking for his "15 minutes of fame" so he can write a book
like Joe the Plumber

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

"Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott"

...just a friendly warning, Doc....with a name like "Leon Lott" in a state with 50% black population, there is a good chance that the sheriff may indeed be a brother. In that case, you will be determined to be a racist for your derogatory remarks and deported not only from this forum but also from the country.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

yepper...here is the picture...

<TABLE height="100%" cellSpacing=0 width="100%" valign="center"><TBODY><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Monday, January 19, 2009 at 2:28 p.m.

Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott stated family and friends were on hand Saturday night, January 17, 2009 when Sergeant Ellis Pearson received "the Project Unity Community Officer of the year" award.

Sheriff Leon Lott states that Sheriff's Department

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

I saw the name at first and had flashbacks of Don Beebe at the Super Bowl !!

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Only in America

Think Imus might want to interview this guy?

DON'T BLAME THE GUY TAKING THE PICTURE...HE'S JUST LOOKING FOR A FEW BUCKS....

BLAME THAT GOOFY ASS SWIMMER FOR HOOTING IT UP IN A ROOM FULL OF STRANGERS WITH PICTURE PHONES...WHAT A DUMB ASS!!

JUST PROVES YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE REAL SMART TO BE A WORLD CLASS SWIMMER!!:doh1

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

BLAME THAT GOOFY ASS SWIMMER FOR HOOTING IT UP IN A ROOM FULL OF STRANGERS WITH PICTURE PHONES...WHAT A DUMB ASS!!

JUST PROVES YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE REAL SMART TO BE A WORLD CLASS SWIMMER!!:doh1

Why not? There's plenty of blame to go around here....two different events, neither one of them are blameless and as such each should take their portion of the blame.

ShamsWoof10

EOG Enthusiast

I would say this just shows how double standard our society is but I don't think anyone really cares...

Why the hell would a society that smokes pot expect an athlete to not do what they do..? Smoking pot in this society is almost as normal as drinking a beer and gets closer with each passing year...

Go find a real issue...

:smoking2:

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

I would say this just shows how double standard our society is but I don't think anyone really cares...

Why the hell would a society that smokes pot expect an athlete to not do what they do..? Smoking pot in this society is almost as normal as drinking a beer and gets closer with each passing year...

Go find a real issue...

ShamsWoof
Have someone read post #14 to you...

"Possession of marijuana is a misdemeanor in Richland County -- punishable by up to 30 days in jail or a $570 fine."

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

I know 2 guys who got turned down for jobs ....

wow ... lets see why? they had DUIs from years ago ...

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Go find a real issue...

Many people must care or this thread wouldn't be here.

YOU CANT TAX WHAT YOU/I CAN GROW IN OUR OWN BACK YARD DOC..AS FOR MIKE..JUST BECOME THE SPOKEMAN FOR HIGHTIMES MAG..:+textinb3TRY TO MAKE UP FOR THE MILLIONS HE LOST..MIKE ALREADY GOT THE GOLD MEDALS FUCK IT...:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Much too many young folks smoking that wacky tobacky. It is no longer taboo and that is not good.

PHELPS COULD FACE CHARGES AFTER POT PICTURES

By CLEMENTE LISI
<LINK href="/css/re_slideshow.css" type=text/css rel=stylesheet>

<FORM id=qas_frm name=qas_frm action="" method=get target=""></FORM>
Last updated: 11:48 am
February 3, 2009
Posted: 10:06 am
February 3, 2009
Michael Phelps may have smoked the competition in Beijing, but he may not be so lucky at eluding the law in South Carolina.
Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott said he will charge Phelps with a crime if he is able to determine the 14-time Olympic gold medalist smoked marijuana in his jurisdiction.
See the Photo Here
Phelps, who set a record with eight gold medals at the 2008 Summer Games, was photographed smoking marijuana out of a pipe at a November party in Columbia.
The photo was published on Sunday in the British newspaper News of the World.
Phelps has since apologized, calling his behavior "inappropriate."
Possession of marijuana is a misdemeanor in Richland County -- punishable by up to 30 days in jail or a $570 fine.
It remains unclear where the party took place, although the paper said it occurred during a visit at the University of South Carolina.
Phelps' sponsors - including swimsuit-maker Speedo and Swiss watchmaker Omega - issued statements calling the incident a "non-issue."
The International Olympic Committee has also accepted Phelps' apology.
"We have no reason to doubt his sincerity and his commitment to continue to act as a role model," the IOC said in a statement

Well, fuck me I've seen it all. This has to be a joke. They have no proof Phelps was in possession of marijuana. They don't even have proof he was smoking it. He should have just said he smokes his tobacco out of a large, water pipe. Duh. Sure, everyone would have known that was bullshit, but they couldn't prove it. Now the kid tried to do the right thing by being honest and apologizing and they want to fry him for it? Good luck withy that. He doesn't even need an expensive lawyer to beat something this dumb...but he sure can afford one.

according to the article...

Pioneer, you have some nerve calling US fucking idiots, dude. Explain to me how they have any proof at all...please...I could use another laugh.

"Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott"

...just a friendly warning, Doc....with a name like "Leon Lott" in a state with 50% black population, there is a good chance that the sheriff may indeed be a brother. In that case, you will be determined to be a racist for your derogatory remarks and deported not only from this forum but also from the country.

Maybe I think Leon is a racist for going after a nice white boy.

Go find a real issue...

No, Shams....only the evil hippies and drug addicts smoke marijuana. No normal, upstanding member of society would do such a thing! :+textinb3

What pisses me off is that most of the politicians keeping pot illegal probably still smoke it to this day. I would love to see a senate-wide drug test go around. I mean shit, I'm subject to random drug tests at a job that allows me to spend the better part of some days on a gambling forum...I think our politicians should have to play by the same rules.

P.S. Good to see you, Shamsie. You know, I started watching Bones recently and I have to admit, I am kinda like that lady. :doh1

ShamsWoof10

EOG Enthusiast

I know 2 guys who got turned down for jobs ....

wow ... lets see why? they had DUIs from years ago ...

That's my point... When I compare the two EVERYONE always brings out the legality issue... NO ONE and I do mean NO ONE I talk to (in person) ever factors in that it is "ILLEGAL" IN EVERY FUCKIN' STATE to drink and drive and most everyone does it... It's amazing how many deaths it causes and people don't factor it in... I dated a girl who tried pulling the same debate and that bitch drove drunk more then she didn't...

Many people must care or this thread wouldn't be here.

I think most of the general reaction is not that people "care" that he smoked but debating why it's an issue at all...

If anyone is actually upset that he smoked pot I would suggest getting a real life..

When I say it's becoming more normal everyday I mean that one day a state like Michigan is tough on it and the next day they make it legal for medical purposes and it's not the hardest thing to get a doctor's authorization for it...

That's exactly the problem with this country. Why can't captain camera phone mind his own fucking business? Why isn't he going to be arrested for possession? They have just as much proof he was in possession that they have for Phelps.

YOU CANT TAX WHAT YOU/I CAN GROW IN OUR OWN BACK YARD DOC..AS FOR MIKE..JUST BECOME THE SPOKEMAN FOR HIGHTIMES MAG..:+textinb3TRY TO MAKE UP FOR THE MILLIONS HE LOST..MIKE ALREADY GOT THE GOLD MEDALS FUCK IT...:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

:cheers

The second I have the go-ahead, I'm starting a garden.

Much too many young folks smoking that wacky tobacky. It is no longer taboo and that is not good.

Why not? Is it okay that drinking is no longer taboo? You know, there was a time that was illegal, too.