Adam Graves night, Heart of a Ranger.

munson15

I want winners...
Re: Adam Graves night, Heart of a Ranger.

He was one of the great Blueshirts of all time.91023i2ndw;l

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

But do his stats REALLY justify raising his shirt to the rafters?? A little over half a point a game...???

NHL Totals 1152GP 329G 287A 616PTS

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

LETS GO RAN-GERS CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP!

munson15

I want winners...

But do his stats REALLY justify raising his shirt to the rafters?? A little over half a point a game...???

Not sure, he compiled some of those numbers w/ the Oilers. A fair question, but as a Ranger fan, I'm inclined to let him have his night, and argue the merits another time.:cheers

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Its not about stats. If you are a true Ranger fan, you never question this player. You can't ever question Adam Graves as a man.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

BTW - I didn't and don't question Adam Graves as a man. I like him. I have met him and shared a cab with him. He is from my hometown and a quality human being. I am just questioning whether all those things make up for marginal stats. If he were a baseball player like this, retiring his number would be unthinkable. He was a contributor on a team with Mark Messier and shared in that spotlight. But is he worthy of having his number retired? I think that retiring numbers should be left for the truly special players with incredible statistics, and not just a popularity contest for nice guys.