The Shrink is shrinking EOG?

Journeyman

EOG Master
Re: The Shrink is shrinking EOG?

oh is that what it is?????

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

The thread would have died after 10 minutes if Mo didn't bump it til he got his 35 .

:blink:

So why didn't you follow thru on it, the thread didn't go as you planned ?
Even with all the baggage I still made it and didn't even vote, nor did I have any votes from 'posters' with 5 total posts.

:pop:

scoreboard to you , my bipolar friend :maniac:

Wilson

EOG Dedicated

its fun. Its how i interact with my kids.

I know you are but what am I shit.

Hate dealing with adults. They all full of shit

what are you guys gonna do if this thread gets over 1800 views, who's thread would it be?

I dont think sites need paid moderaters. Is it posters or moderaters that attract people? What Shrink has done right is made good poster like Mofome mod. I think he could mod the whole place by himself, actually he pretty much does that as is.

You're serious, right ??

:+clueless

Shrink good thoughts but I think the majority of the posters wonder why you pick the ones you do to keep and get rid of others.

J man surviving this round of lay offs and getting rid of Hache and Gyno is nutso.

We realize times are tough everywhere but any insight on how you decide who to keep and who to fire?

I try and think of what TTP would do when faced with this and then act the exact opposite...

JK...:+textinb3

I believe Hache, Gyno, Bucsfan, Ego and ALL of the others who were let go are GOOD people or I'd have never hired them in the first place...

The economy is in a profound recession and the gambling industry is one of the hardest to be hit...

I don't regret making the moves as a businesman, but I do feel badly that some people lost their jobs, not only here but everywhere...

Like it or not, mofome is our HEAD MOD and my #1 man in charge of EOG..

Jman was hired on his ability to create threads that 99.9% of the people I have hired in the past are not capable of doing...

I don't condone the STIFFING and I will continue to work with JMAN BEHIND THE SCENES to help TTINCO get paid...

THE SHRINK

Timetopay

EOG Master

Jman in case you forgot this is the order of the thread

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1935755 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #32 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>Journeyman<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1935755", true); </SCRIPT>
Game, Set, Match.

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1935755 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> Re: The Shrink is shrinking EOG?
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Timetopay
Shrink good thoughts but I think the majority of the posters wonder why you pick the ones you do to keep and get rid of others.

J man surviving this round of lay offs and getting rid of Hache and Gyno is nutso.

We realize times are tough everywhere but any insight on how you decide who to keep and who to fire?

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Survived what?

You are nutso.

whatever happened to your great HOF thread that was 'hot' for one day.:devil:
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> </TD><TD class=alt1 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead>Journeyman</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option>View Public Profile</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option>Send a private message to Journeyman</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option>Find More Posts by Journeyman</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option>http://forums.eog.com/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=buddy&u=67</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=tborder id=post1935757 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> 02-04-09, 10:48 AM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #33 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>Timetopay<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1935757", true); </SCRIPT>
Elvis Chips for a Pizza anyone?

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1935757 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> Re: The Shrink is shrinking EOG?
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>I dont self bump sir and keep a top 25 going for a week...
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> </TD><TD class=alt1 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=4 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead>Timetopay</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option>View Public Profile</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option>Send a private message to Timetopay</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option>Find More Posts by Timetopay</TD></TR><TR><TD class=vbmenu_option>http://forums.eog.com/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=buddy&u=6039</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1935769 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> 02-04-09, 10:55 AM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #34 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>Journeyman<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1935769", true); </SCRIPT>
Game, Set, Match.

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1935769 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> Re: The Shrink is shrinking EOG?
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Timetopay
I dont self bump sir and keep a top 25 going for a week...
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
oh is that what it is?????

The thread would have died after 10 minutes if Mo didn't bump it til he got his 35 .

:blink:

So why didn't you follow thru on it, the thread didn't go as you planned ?
Even with all the baggage I still made it and didn't even vote, nor did I have any votes from 'posters' with 5 total posts.

:pop:

scoreboard to you , my bipolar friend :maniac:
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Timetopay

EOG Master

I try and think of what TTP would do when faced with this and then act the exact opposite...

I believe Hache, Gyno, Bucsfan, Ego and ALL of the others who were let go are GOOD people or I'd have never hired them in the first place...

The economy is in a profound recession and the gambling industry is one of the hardest to be hit...

I don't regret making the moves as a businesman, but I do feel badly that some people lost their jobs, not only here but everywhere...

Jman was hired on his ability to create threads that 99.9% of the people I have hired in the past are not capable of doing...

I don't condone the STIFFING and I will work with JMAN BEHIND THE SCENES to help TTINCO get paid...

THE SHRINK

thanks for the answer Shrink... I tell my wife to do the opposite as well.

12io4j2w90

mofome

Banned

I dont think sites need paid moderaters. Is it posters or moderaters that attract people? What Shrink has done right is made good poster like Mofome mod. I think he could mod the whole place by himself, actually he pretty much does that as is.

I go to Beyondcapping to read AlanBoston, not to see any moderater. I want to see what this tormented soul is going to pick next. I go to Madjack because of golf forum. If I were a site owner I would pay superstar posters and not 8 to 12 mods who dont attract an ounce of friggin traffic.

Thank you Rail.

I need help from others, but thanks for the words. Forums need tech people which im awful with. Forums need people to grade contests which im terrible with. Forums need give and take when considering new ideas. Forums need someone on 95% of the day to make sure there isn't a ton of spam. Forums need more than one person because you really get a decent number of complaints, requests, questions, and so on. I probably send/receive 50+ emails/PMs a day. Other mods get them as well, it would be difficult to manage everyone and make everyone happy.

The most important thing to me about a team is being able to have a give and take. Being able to get new ideas from people about the site. I talk to ball, bucs, doberman, hines, ego, benny, baggypants, rjt, diogee, quebb, cutpaste, joey, gyno, enfuego, iceman and others about how to improve this forum one day at a time. While I have been posting for a while and I have been doing my best to improve, I don't have enough experience and/or knowledge to do this all on my own. I embrace the chance to be able to surround myself with people who know more than I do so I can learn. I can keep a forum fairly busy on my own, but I can't come close to having this place reach its full potential without a great group to work with.

I'm looking to get a guy like ballwonder on and perhaps a few others in an attempt to really maximize the usefulness of this site to our current members and new members. I want this to be the pace people are looking for when they go too google and enter in "free plays" or "gambling forum" or sports picks" or anything else and end up here. I want the sports forum built up, the drama down, the positive feedback up, the bashing out. I want an environment the encourages people sharing their thoughts on games and how to make money in this industry. I need help with my goals for this forum. Sometimes we shine, at other times we do not.

One thing I know, I wont be out worked and I think I have an idea of some guys who are on the same page. We're cutting back in payroll, but we've had some people step up and express interest in helping out without even receiving a salary for some time. We get a great group of people who are honest, hungry, and want to go after it, and we have a chance to turn this place back into a money maker. I can't do it by myself.

Wilson

EOG Dedicated

Thank you Rail.

I need help from others, but thanks for the words. Forums need tech people which im awful with. Forums need people to grade contests which im terrible with. Forums need give and take when considering new ideas. Forums need someone on 95% of the day to make sure there isn't a ton of spam. Forums need more than one person because you really get a decent number of complaints, requests, questions, and so on. I probably send/receive 50+ emails/PMs a day. Other mods get them as well, it would be difficult to manage everyone and make everyone happy.

The most important thing to me about a team is being able to have a give and take. Being able to get new ideas from people about the site. I talk to ball, bucs, doberman, hines, benny, gyno, enfuego, iceman and others about how to improve this forum one day at a time. While I have been posting for a while and I have been doing my best to improve, I don't have enough experience and/or knowledge to do this all on my own. I embrace the chance to be able to surround myself with people who know more than I do so I can learn. I can keep a forum fairly busy on my own, but I can't come close to having this place reach its full potential without a great group to work with.

I'm looking to get a guy like ballwonder on and perhaps a few others in an attempt to really maximize the usefulness of this site to our current members and new members. I want this to be the pace people are looking for when they go too google and enter in "free plays" or "gambling forum" or sports picks" or anything else and end up here. I want the sports forum built up, the drama down, the positive feedback up, the bashing out. I want an environment the encourages people sharing their thoughts on games and how to make money in this industry. I need help with my goals for this forum. Sometimes we shine, at other times we do not.

One thing I know, I wont be out worked and I think I have an idea of some guys who are on the same page. We're cutting back in payroll, but we've had some people step up and express interest in helping out without even receiving a salary for some time. We get a great group of people who are honest, hungry, and want to go after it, and we have a chance to turn this place back into a money maker. I can't do it by myself.

so the question i have for you my one kidney friend is this:

what search engines and key words are the most popular to get a internet searcher to wind up here at eog?

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

I don't condone the STIFFING and I will continue to work with JMAN BEHIND THE SCENES to help TTINCO get paid...

THE SHRINK

Thank you Ken for an honest answer...It really is to JMAN's advantage to pay Terry his money...just wish he had the balls to admit it and do the right thing himself without you prodding him....

mofome

Banned

Thank you Ken for an honest answer...It really is to JMAN's advantage to pay Terry his money...just wish he had the balls to admit it and do the right thing himself without you prodding him....

I have talked with Jman on this issue and he knows that I have talked with Ken on this issue no less than 400 times. Journey, despite what some believe, isn't the worst person in the world. He has some beliefs about certain private things that he dealt with in that situation that really bother him. He is still, as he told me, going to do the right thing.

EOG would be at its best with Jman here and with Jman taking care of his debt. He represents more than just himself here and he knows that. I have talked with him and he doesn't get defensive and pissy with me, he is very understanding, polite, and knows what he has to do.

I respect Terry a great deal and want to make sure that things are done right by him. I want this all to be in the past and I want them both here. Call me greedy, but these are two people who know sports and/or gambling and people that know the forums. They were very good friends for a long time and I truly believe that this will all be resolved respectfully soon. I try not to talk on this subject publicly because this is on big journey, but I do want to say that I have talked with him recently, the conversation was great, and he is going to do the right thing.

From there, eog can continue to take the next step. Building a successful forum to the extent that I want it to be successful is not easy in this environment, but we'll get there.

Last edited:

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

I have talked with Jman no this issue and he knows that I have talked with Ken on this issue no less than 400 times. Journey, despite what some believe, isn't the worst person in the world. He has some beliefs about certain private things that he dealt with in that situation that really bother him. He is still, as he told me, going to do the right thing.

EOG would be at its best with Jman here and with Jman taking care of his debt. He represents more than just himself here and he knows that. I have talked with him and he doesn't get defensive and pissy with me, he is very understanding, polite, and knows what he has to do.

I respect Terry a great deal and want to make sure that things are done right by him. I want this all to be in the past and I want them both here. Call me greedy, but these are two people who know sports and/or gambling and people that know the forums. They were very good friends for a long time and I truly believe that this will all be resolved respectfully soon. I try not to talk on this subject publicly because this is on big journey, but I do want to say that I have talked with him recently, the conversation was great, and he is going to do the right thing.

From there, eog can continue to take the next step. Building a successful forum to the extent that I want it to be successful is not easy in this environment, but we'll get there.

Thank you Mo...:thumbsup

munson15

I want winners...

THE SHRINK
I believe I recall one George Costanza employing this philosophy to great effect.:LMAO

Seriously, thanks Mo and Ken for allowing us to see a bit of your vision for the site and its future. I love EOG, and am hoping that you can keep it viable until the economy rebounds.:cheers

If SEO is not the top priority, even over Mod pay, then the place will not attract new bettors. Without new bettors the sheets go dry and no revenue is nil.

mofome

Banned

If SEO is not the top priority, even over Mod pay, then the place will not attract new bettors. Without new bettors the sheets go dry and no revenue is nil.

SEO is, and has been, the top priority. Much more invested in that than anything else. Our traffic is up, our sports forums are busier than they've ever been (though we still need to improve a ton), and thats about all the mods/posters can help us do. We need new blood and thats all SEO and trying to get link backs. Got to find ways to get more blood coming in!

you are exactly right.

SEO is, and has been, the top priority. Much more invested in that than anything else. Our traffic is up, our sports forums are busier than they've ever been (though we still need to improve a ton), and thats about all the mods/posters can help us do. We need new blood and thats all SEO and trying to get link backs. Got to find ways to get more blood coming in!

you are exactly right.

If I could count as high as I need to, I'd tell you how often I was asked at the sportsbar about my EOG shirt, I can tell you that land based marketing is a huge factor as well. I personally went to my local sportsbar when I owned a site and got them to place my bar coasters at their place. I had them made and had a code on them for something free(t-shirt, free play, something) and they would have a reason to come to the site. I just recently was in the disney area and went to a sportsbar/billards hall and found the Legendz had coasters there. So there is many ways to advertise. But you have to spend the money to get the money. Name of the game.

Hennessey

EOG Dedicated

I think streaking should be added to Mo's job description. EOG.COM would fit nicely his back at major sporting events. Do it enough times and the media would have to pick up on it, no?

munson15

I want winners...

I think streaking should be added to Mo's job description. EOG.COM would fit nicely his back at major sporting events. Do it enough times and the media would have to pick up on it, no?
Like the English guy with "GoldenPalace.com" painted on his back?:LMAO

mofome

Banned

I would do that for eog, Henney. Maybe even in your own living room.

you are exactly right.

mofome is right!

Here is just one tiny example....

When you type in "gambling forums" on google, here is what u get...

<b>http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=gambling+forums&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=</b>

Hennessey

EOG Dedicated

I would do that for eog, Henney. Maybe even in your own living room.

Oh god no. Forget I even mentioned it.

Next idea. Hire some babe's to hang with me in Vegas for March Madness. We'll be the talk of the town. Just make sure they're professionals. I don't need them hittin on me n all that.

mofome

Banned

sports forum we are in the top 10. sbr and therx beating us, but the top 10 is awesome.

mofome

Banned

capping forum and handicapping forum we don't show well. But, we havent put much into this until recently.

sports forum we are in the top 10. sbr and therx beating us, but the top 10 is awesome.

Very good. But the top ones get the money. Check this out Joe. Google: Dog bite. Notice after the top two? It's articles and not the newspaper itself, but a direct link to them.That is what I'm talking about. The tags have to be everywhere. They have to change with the sports season.

munson15

I want winners...

I like that you guys are into growing the site, and know how to do it. Dedicated members and a pro-active management are going to lead to EOG surviving the economy and thriving when things get right again.:cheers

mofome

Banned

Very good. But the top ones get the money. Check this out Joe. Google: Dog bite. Notice after the top two? It's articles and not the newspaper itself, but a direct link to them.That is what I'm talking about. The tags have to be everywhere. They have to change with the sports season.

But I cant personally do anything to help that can I? I wish I could.

2348ji23e

Blondie

EOG Master

Precisely :)