Michael Phelps Press Confc that just ended

ShamsWoof10

EOG Enthusiast
Re: Michael Phelps Press Confc that just ended

No, Shams....only the evil hippies and drug addicts smoke marijuana. No normal, upstanding member of society would do such a thing! :+textinb3

What pisses me off is that most of the politicians keeping pot illegal probably still smoke it to this day. I would love to see a senate-wide drug test go around. I mean shit, I'm subject to random drug tests at a job that allows me to spend the better part of some days on a gambling forum...I think our politicians should have to play by the same rules.

P.S. Good to see you, Shamsie. You know, I started watching Bones recently and I have to admit, I am kinda like that lady. :doh1

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII BOOOOOOOOOOOOONES!!!!

I knew you would... She fits your personality and reminds me of you...

Drug use is one of MANY things the elite get to do that we don't get to do.. I recently smoked with a few guys from Saudi Arabia here on scholarship from a grant giving by their king (an interesting story in itself) and they told me as much of the population smokes there as in the U.S. It is also illegal and you go to jail if you get caught but every citizen knows the elite get the best drugs and do it on a regular basis... You can get as much as 6 months for possesing a lot but if you get caught bringing it INTO the country they will kill you... It even says it on their passports... how crazy...

Nice avatar!!! You look good there and I will have to show my buddy "OutLawDino" that avatar... He's married but I have a feeling he still mentally screams your name...

:smoking2:

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII BOOOOOOOOOOOOONES!!!!

I knew you would... She fits your personality and reminds me of you...

Yeah, she's spunky. I like her! I just can't get past seeing her co-star as the wimpy vampire from Buffy.

Drug use is one of MANY things the elite get to do that we don't get to do.. I recently smoked with a few guys from Saudi Arabia here on scholarship from a grant giving by their king (an interesting story in itself) and they told me as much of the population smokes there as in the U.S. It is also illegal and you go to jail if you get caught but every citizen knows the elite get the best drugs and do it on a regular basis... You can get as much as 6 months for possesing a lot but if you get caught bringing it INTO the country they will kill you... It even says it on their passports... how crazy...

:cheers

Nice avatar!!! You look good there and I will have to show my buddy "OutLawDino" that avatar... He's married but I have a feeling he still mentally screams your name...

:smoking2:

Thanks! Though, you would have every right to call me BONES for that one. I was a wee bit too skinny there.

Tell Dino I said: "Heeeeyyyyy!"

:+textinb3

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by pioneer
according to the article...

"This case is no different than any other case," Lott said. "This one might be a lot easier since we have photographs of someone using drugs and a partial confession. It's a relatively easy case once we can determine where the crime occurred."

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Pioneer, you have some nerve calling US fucking idiots, dude. Explain to me how they have any proof at all...please...I could use another laugh.

Doesn't take much nerve at all...you prove my claim by your post. Just like kinosh in the lady with all the kids thread, you rail away at me for words spoken by someone else....I just cut and pasted the article where the sheriff explains how they have any proof at all. You could use some reading lessons much more than another laugh!

Doesn't take much nerve at all...you prove my claim by your post. Just like kinosh in the lady with all the kids thread, you rail away at me for words spoken by someone else....I just cut and pasted the article where the sheriff explains how they have any proof at all. You could use some reading lessons much more than another laugh!

I forgot. You have no thoughts of your own. My deepest apologies. If you find one, let me know...I'd love to see if you thyink they actually have proof and why.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

I forgot. You have no thoughts of your own. My deepest apologies. If you find one, let me know...I'd love to see if you thyink they actually have proof and why.

Why? It doesn't matter what I think but rather what the sheriff and DA think...they will be bringing the charges, not I. The biggest part of intelligence is knowing the right questions to ask...you prove you have little, but then we wouldn't expect you to since you can't answer simple questions either! Too much cannabis-induced brain deterioration obviously!

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

His achievements just got greater in my eyes. Just think how fast he would swim if he didn't smoke pot.:+textinb3

texansfan

EOG Master

Imagine the uproar if someone like T.O. was caught on camera hitting a bong. I mean, for all the problems T.O. has caused with his team mates he has never been caught doing anything illegal.

This isn't even the first time Phelps has been busted. He had a DUI a few years back I believe as well.

Why? It doesn't matter what I think but rather what the sheriff and DA think...they will be bringing the charges, not I. The biggest part of intelligence is knowing the right questions to ask...you prove you have little, but then we wouldn't expect you to since you can't answer simple questions either! Too much cannabis-induced brain deterioration obviously!

I've answered all your questions, dick.

Why are you in this thread if you don't have your own opinion on the issue?

Read up on weed before you say stupid shit like that, dude. You have no idea what you're talking about. Run along and play in traffic, m'kay?

His achievements just got greater in my eyes. Just think how fast he would swim if he didn't smoke pot.:+textinb3

Actually, it would affect his speed unless he was smoking enough to diminish his lung capacity. I'm sure he doesn't amoke while training.

Guy, if you think for one second the DA is filing charges you are wacked...i will wager right now they don't...

DOnt know the Richmond Da's annual budget but i am pretty fucking sure they done have the dollars to tangle with Phelps and his lawyers over a petty fucking offense....this is absurd, we are talking about pot...WAKE THE FUCK UP PEOPLE, it's 2009...The real drug pushers are phizer and merk...

thank gawd i live in a medicinal state where it is legal and we dont prosecute law abiding citizens...

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

I've answered all your questions, dick.

Why are you in this thread if you don't have your own opinion on the issue?

Read up on weed before you say stupid shit like that, dude. You have no idea what you're talking about. Run along and play in traffic, m'kay?

Oh really? I'm still waiting for your answer to the very first, and easiest, question I asked you. I'll repeat...Either God, the Supreme Being and Creator of all things, exists or He does not...True or False, Yes or No?

Why would you ask such a stupid question?(Why are you in this thread if you don't have your own opinion on the issue?) I have stated my opinion in various and sundry posts throughout this thread. A better question, (and one that you did not answer in spite of your false claims that you have answered all my question), is what I asked you in my last post, ie. "Why would you love to see if I think they actually have proof and why?". As I said in that post, that is actually an irrelevant/stupid question to ask me because it doesn't matter what I think but rather what the sheriff and DA think. And furthermore just to prove the case that you're ignorant/stupid, the sheriff already stated in the article how they had proof.

I know more than enough about "weed" so no more reading is required on my part. I have seen countless lives ruined by "weed"; countless +1 including you!

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Guy, if you think for one second the DA is filing charges you are wacked...i will wager right now they don't...

Another fucking idiot enters the fray. Do tell where you discerned that I think for one second that the DA is filing charges?

I will wager right now that you can not identify any post of mine that says I think such a thing.

I know more than enough about "weed" so no more reading is required on my part. I have seen countless lives ruined by "weed"; countless +1 including you!

This just goes to show how little you actually do know about weed...

Ruined huh? your an asshole...

Weed is this country BIGGEST cash crop, it is helping keep this fragile economy somewhat afloat right now...

The only reason it is illegal is because it is a huge threat to the big three. ENERGY,Pharmacy,OIL...And those corportations have huge influence on our facist government, not to mention the politicians own stock in all these companies and would hate to see their portfolios take a major hit....

this is all changing soon...

Another fucking idiot enters the fray. Do tell where you discerned that I think for one second that the DA is filing charges?

I will wager right now that you can not identify any post of mine that says I think such a thing.

Why? It doesn't matter what I think but rather what the sheriff and DA think...they will be bringing the charges, not I. quote]

still wanna wager moron...your not just asshole but also a fucking moron...they go hand in hand i guess...

Oh really? I'm still waiting for your answer to the very first, and easiest, question I asked you. I'll repeat...Either God, the Supreme Being and Creator of all things, exists or He does not...True or False, Yes or No?

2348ji23e2348ji23e2348ji23e2348ji23e2348ji23e2348ji23e2348ji23e2348ji23e2348ji23e2348ji23e2348ji23e2348ji23e2348ji23e
I spent time out of my life I will never get back in that fucking thread...please don't remind me.

Why would you ask such a stupid question?(Why are you in this thread if you don't have your own opinion on the issue?) I have stated my opinion in various and sundry posts throughout this thread.

Noooooo, you posted articles. Then when someone called you out on them you said: "Hey, I did't write it." God you are a spineless twit.

A better question, (and one that you did not answer in spite of your false claims that you have answered all my question), is what I asked you in my last post, ie. "Why would you love to see if I think they actually have proof and why?".

You haven't answered ONE of my questions. Not ONE. I was saying that if the articles you posted were not your opinion, I would love to hear what you opinion actually is.

As I said in that post, that is actually an irrelevant/stupid question to ask me because it doesn't matter what I think but rather what the sheriff and DA think.

No shit sherlock, but we're all in here debating the issues around this "case". Why the fuck would you come in here if you don't want to join in?

And furthermore just to prove the case that you're ignorant/stupid, the sheriff already stated in the article how they had proof.

And I am asking you how the picture is proof. They have a picture of a guy holding a glass tube. There is no marijuana in the picture. There isn't even smoke in the bong. How, exactly, is that proof that he was in possession of marijuana? It isn't...that's how.

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO
My life is fan-fucking-tastic, dude. Nice try, though.

Pioneer, give me an example of ONE life you've seen ruined by weed....just ONE. I bet you can't.

This just goes to show how little you actually do know about weed...

Ruined huh? your an asshole...

Weed is this country BIGGEST cash crop, it is helping keep this fragile economy somewhat afloat right now...

The only reason it is illegal is because it is a huge threat to the big three. ENERGY,Pharmacy,OIL...And those corportations have huge influence on our facist government, not to mention the politicians own stock in all these companies and would hate to see their portfolios take a major hit....

this is all changing soon...

You forgot one thing Vanshady....the scariest of them all...the drug companies. What the hell are they going to do when people start trading in their xanax for weed? How about all the pain meds people won't need anymore? I think the drug companies are holding it up more than the others.

texansfan

EOG Master

Vanshady stated pharmacy sweded, damn girl, put that bong down! :LMAO

You forgot one thing Vanshady....the scariest of them all...the drug companies. What the hell are they going to do when people start trading in their xanax for weed? How about all the pain meds people won't need anymore? I think the drug companies are holding it up more than the others.

i didnt forget them....reread, i have Pharmacuetical in thier, Phfizer and Merk specifically

If I didn't have a boyfriend....I would ask you to run away with me. :+textinb3

sweded you already know my feelings on this...

If i didnt have a girl, which the way things are going i wont soon,:doh1...

you could run away to Colorado...weed is legal, the mountains are beautiful and the grass is greener over here...

texansfan

EOG Master

sweded you already know my feelings on this...

If i didnt have a girl, which the way things are going i wont soon,:doh1...

you could run away to Colorado...weed is legal, the mountains are beautiful and the grass is greener over here...

Yeah, but state law says differently and you can still be arrested under state law. A city cannot make a law that is weaker than a state law.

Yeah, but state law says differently and you can still be arrested under state law. A city cannot make a law that is weaker than a state law.

trust me i know the law...

Amendment 20, is an amendment to the Colorado State Constitution. You must register with the Colorado Dept. of Health and they send you a State Certificate.

Now, Denver did pass a law stating that an ounce is legal in city llimits for anyone over 21, medicinal or not...But since most these cases are tried in State Court not City, it doesnt matter much. But, the people of Colorado have spoken, and by 54% it passed. This shows it is mainstream issue and accepted by the people. It can't be marginalized by hippies in VW Buses, like our elected officials try to do...

It is unfortunate that our City Councilmen do not represent the citizens who elected them to office...

texansfan

EOG Master

trust me i know the law...

Amendment 20, is an amendment to the Colorado State Constitution. You must register with the Colorado Dept. of Health and they send you a State Certificate.

Now, Denver did pass a law stating that an ounce is legal in city llimits for anyone over 21, medicinal or not...But since most these cases are tried in State Court not City, it doesnt matter much. But, the people of Colorado have spoken, and by 54% it passed. This shows it is mainstream issue and accepted by the people. It can't be marginalized by hippies in VW Buses, like our elected officials try to do...

It is unfortunate that our City Councilmen do not represent the citizens who elected them to office...

I know the law as well. My point was that you stated "weed is legal." While Denver may have passed a law that states you can carry an ounce or less doesn't mean weed is legal though.

What Denver passed is a city ordinance which can't and doesn't trump state law. We both know that when you are arrested it will be you against the state and the state says weed is illegal.

Now, I will agree that weed being illegal is stupid. Hopefully this is the first step towards legalizing it. In 17 years of law enforcement I've never seen any weed related rapes or murders, at least that I know of.

i should have clarified TF...

For medicinal patients and caregivers, on the State level, weed cultivation, possession is legal

texansfan

EOG Master

i should have clarified TF...

For medicinal patients and caregivers, on the State level, weed cultivation, possession is legal

It should be. Hell, if I'm dying of cancer and in serious pain who in the hell is gov't to tell me I can't smoke a joint? I'm tired of gov't sticking it's nose into my business.

It should be. Hell, if I'm dying of cancer and in serious pain who in the hell is gov't to tell me I can't smoke a joint? I'm tired of gov't sticking it's nose into my business.

MY best friend is 30 and has had cancer twice in the last 2 years...he's getting a chemo treatment today actually...

Fuck anyone who has a problem with him smoking weed to make his life more bearable, i have seen 1st hand the benefits it gives him...

The government is bullshit, oh they don't mind if you use drugs, just make sure you use "thier" drugs...it fucking pisses me off

The Prophet

EOG Dedicated

Legalizing marijuana would merely create additional enforcement issues such as enforcing tax payment, possession/production/trafficking untaxed product, age enforcement, operating motor vehicles under the influence enforcement etc. :maniac:

Decriminalization won't happen either because of the enormous untaxed revenues producers would generate.

texansfan

EOG Master

MY best friend is 30 and has had cancer twice in the last 2 years...he's getting a chemo treatment today actually...

Fuck anyone who has a problem with him smoking weed to make his life more bearable, i have seen 1st hand the benefits it gives him...

The government is bullshit, oh they don't mind if you use drugs, just make sure you use "thier" drugs...it fucking pisses me off

There's money in chemo, none in weed.

Legalizing marijuana would merely create additional enforcement issues such as enforcing tax payment, possession/production/trafficking untaxed product, age enforcement, operating motor vehicles under the influence enforcement etc. :maniac:

like say the same issues with um alcohol?

it wont happen for 1 reason...money, the people who have it, dont want it legal...

The Prophet

EOG Dedicated

like say the same issues with um alcohol?

it wont happen for 1 reason...money, the people who have it, dont want it legal...

Indeed similar to alcohol, while money is the reason Governments' recognize this product of nature, it generates it for them.

The Prophet

EOG Dedicated

EDITORIAL: Electric bill

The militant Drug Warriors are again showing their disdain for the Bill of Rights.

A proposal being pushed in Carson City by the Nevada Department of Public Safety would greatly expand the amount of information that utilities could be forced to give police -- without a warrant or probable cause.

Senate Bill 51 would allow law enforcement officials to subpoena phone records, power usage figures and other personal information from various utilities.

Current law limits such fishing expeditions to the name and address of people listed in utility records. To get anything else, police must seek a warrant from a judge.

But such safeguards are an impediment to catching crooks, argued Scott Jackson, chief of the state Division of Investigations. In particular, he noted, those who grow marijuana tend to use a lot of electricity. But Mr. Jackson assured a legislative committee that the subpoenas would be issued only where there's a "reasonable suspicion" of criminal activity.

In other words: Trust us; we won't abuse the power.

Sure. And the Patriot Act will be used only against foreign terrorists.

Thankfully, lawmakers also heard from Orrin Johnson, a public defender in Washoe County. Not only is the "reasonable suspicion" standard much lower than the "probable cause" needed to get a warrant, "Allowing law enforcement officials to simply subpoena the information without limitation ... is an end run around the requirement to get a warrant before you search somebody's house," Mr. Johnson said.

Indeed, SB51 is a thinly disguised effort to water down the Fourth Amendment's protection against unreasonable searches and seizures.

This bill should die a quick death. If law enforcement officials believe utility usage information will help them catch a bad guy, let them convince a judge that their suspicions have enough substance to merit a warrant.

The Prophet

EOG Dedicated

Quit crying double-standard over Phelps

by Jason Whitlock

There is no bigger fan of racial double-standards than yours truly. But those of you looking for one inside Michael Phelps' bong are misguided, stuck in the 1960s and worship at the Church of Al Sharp-tongue.

Don't send me any more e-mails complaining that if Phelps were black, he'd be dropped by his sponsors, locked in a cell next to O.J. Simpson and banned from all international competition.

There is no bigger fan of racial double-standards than yours truly. But those of you looking for one inside Michael Phelps' bong are misguided, stuck in the 1960s and worship at the Church of Al Sharp-tongue.

Don't send me any more e-mails complaining that if Phelps were black, he'd be dropped by his sponsors, locked in a cell next to O.J. Simpson and banned from all international competition.

If Phelps had dark skin and answered to "Jerome Washington," he'd be headed to Disney World, toting the Super Bowl MVP trophy he stole from James Harrison and Big Ben Roethlisberger.

Yeah, America gives its marketable, talented and wealthy weed-smokers the Santonio Holmes treatment. We forgive and quickly forget.

Oh, I know there's a pattern of misbehavior with Michael Phelps. The cops busted him driving under the influence four years ago.

Well, the cops pinched Holmes twice in 2006, busting him for disorderly conduct and domestic violence ? the charges were eventually dropped after smooth lawyering ? and nabbed him ridin' dirty (three blunts) last October.

Mickey Mouse doesn't care, and neither do you.

America's war on drugs is a scam to lock up poor people, a prop to advance political careers and an easy way for corrupt police and politicians to funnel millions of untraceable dollars into their own pockets.

And you really want to play the if-so-and-so-was-black game over a dorky white swimmer pulling on a bong? Are you really that simple-minded?

The black president smoked weed. Rush Limbaugh was a junkie. Brett Favre had a fling with prescriptions. In college, I was Saddam Hussein and Crown and Chronic were my weapons of mass destruction.

I'm not going to be a hypocrite and blast this kid for blowing trees. And I'm not going to rip his sponsors for remaining loyal.

Michael Phelps knows how to play the game. He's quick with the contrite, toke(n) apology and he maintains a boy-next-door image.

Someone e-mailed me saying the media would be tougher on an NBA player captured on Kodak with his lips locked on a three-foot bong.

Depends on the player. Shane Battier? We'd forget before tipoff, and we'd forgive without an apology. Now, if it's one of Human Tattoo Billboards or Lil Wayne Wannabes, we'd demand a Senate investigation and expect David Stern to punish him to the full extent of the law.

Image is everything whether you're black or white.

I got away with so much (spit) in high school simply because I spoke proper English, dressed appropriately, smiled at teachers, captained the football team and attended class. Everyone loved me, gave me the benefit of the doubt when I made a mistake and looked the other way when I spent the last semester of high school celebrating my full-ride scholarship to Ball State.

It's not that difficult to play the game. You don't have to sell out.

If you want to be a rebel and carry yourself like a recent parolee, then accept the consequences and quit whining.

There are decisions I've made with my appearance that limit my chances of hooking up with Beyonce. I could cry about it, talk about how unfair life is for a man three to five pounds above his ideal weight, but no one wants to hear it. The truth is it is Beyonce's loss.

I'm sorry. I digress.

Rather than bellyaching about a racial double-standard, the Phelps case provides a wonderful platform to call for the legalization of marijuana (and all drugs). Check your 401k. We're broke. Obama's cabinet nominees are cheating on their taxes.

We're wasting billions of dollars locking up and providing "free" health care to drug offenders. The government needs to take control of the mega-billion-dollar drug industry and use a portion of the money for rehabilitation facilities and the rest to help get us out of debt.

If Michael Phelps just can't say no, why would we expect kids with far more depressing circumstances to avoid getting high?

I'm sure many of you are reading this right now after having a legal drink and popping a legal prescription drug and you just don't understand why poor people don't go to the doctor and get a script for Xanax, Lexapro or Prozac.

The beauty is, if things keep going the way they are, these middle-class and wealthy hypocrites will soon be poor and they'll have intimate knowledge of why many poor people self-medicate with marijuana and other drugs.

I'm not an advocate of drugs. In the near 20 years since I graduated from college, I can count on two fingers how many times I've seen marijuana. I'm not even a regular drinker. I'm high on my life. I love it.

Years ago I read a Los Angeles Times story detailing who uses drugs and who gets arrested for buying and selling drugs. The stats were damning, shocking and disturbing along racial and economic lines. My affinity for Crown and Chronic was cured. At the time, I was black, poor and living in a major city ? the can't-miss recipe for an American drug arrest.

Now, I'm black, relatively wealthy, an admitted former toker and living in the suburbs ? a recipe for being elected president.

Whitlock in 2012: I'll call for an end to the drug war, and Michael Phelps can be my vice president.

:cheers

My aunt was dying of cancer at 41 years old and my grandparents flushed her weed on her. I couldn't fucking believe it. I gave her that and it wasn't cheap! I brought her more...and one of my old bowls. The woman was dying and we all knew it. If weed helped her get down enough food to fight a little longer, who the fuck were they to take it from her?

Decriminalization won't happen either because of the enormous untaxed revenues producers would generate.

Soooo, prosecute them the same way you would anyone that skips out on their taxes. What's the problem?

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Why? It doesn't matter what I think but rather what the sheriff and DA think...they will be bringing the charges, not I. quote]

still wanna wager moron...your not just asshole but also a fucking moron...they go hand in hand i guess...

Yep....wager accepted....how about for a million dollars? My statement does NOT say that I think the DA will be filing charges, but rather that they will be the ones filing any charges, not I. You can get my address from any mod and send the money!