Buddy of mine is getting turned down for straight commish jobs because of his credit ... WTF?

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Holy shit ....

I thought he was stroking me

OK ... he is like a lot of Americans who have stamped on their ass "I used credit cards and now I am fucked "

But .... what the hell? STRAIGHT COMMISSION jobs and now employers are
running credit checks?

Ohhhhh mmyyyyy .... I guess its an EMPLOYERS MARKETPLACE

I told him to just fade my ass and that will take care of his money worries

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!
Re: Buddy of mine is getting turned down for straight commish jobs because of his credit ... WTF?

Tell your buddy to tell THEM that he needs to run a credit check on them to make sure they can pay him when he's finished!

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Re: Buddy of mine is getting turned down for straight commish jobs because of his credit ... WTF?

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Sad part?

Flamingo is 100% correct and I emailed my buddy to tell them "he also needs to see if they fit his criteria .."

they started doing credit checks every where recently i believe. I've had the same job for 10 years so i'm ok.

Applying for a new job i might not do so well :/

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

what the hell does a credit check have to do with some dude working
straight commission??

My God ... if they did a credit check on our elected officials .... as Ron
White would say:

NOW THERE'S SOME GOOD NEWS !!

texansfan

EOG Master

I find it hard to believe that you have any friends at all, at least ones that don't require air.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

and thank God my list of friends doesn't include your dumbass on the list

Crawl back to your bottle and jack off for the last 1/2 hr of the Limbaugh Hitler Youth Fireside Chat

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

what the hell does a credit check have to do with some dude working
straight commission??

My God ... if they did a credit check on our elected officials .... as Ron
White would say:

NOW THERE'S SOME GOOD NEWS !!
i think it is a good idea. I would hire the people with debt. You know those fukers will show up to work. Wouldn't they? Heck maybe that is how they got in debt in the first place. Missing work. ah forget it.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Thor:

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

janus

EOG Dedicated

it does seem extreme. on the other hand, credit checks do tell you alot about whether a person follows through on what they promise to do.

sean1

EOG Dedicated

People with bad credit:

Steal more
Crash vehicles more
Miss work more

And we wonder why they check it?

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Screw that noise

if they did credit checks on our Elected Officials in DC you wouldn't hire at least 1/2 of them

Hell .. Gingrich himself wrote 22 hot checks as Speaker as the bank they have arranged for Elected Officials to use

Good credit is the most important asset to have. Bad credit is a penalty tax on the poor and the irresponsible.

Apple

Banned

This is insane, a persons credit should have nothing to do with the selection process.. If anything a poor credit rating should make the employer feel like the candidate needs the job even more and will work harder to keep it..

This is insane, mind boggling.

ballwonder

EOG Master

This is insane, a persons credit should have nothing to do with the selection process.. If anything a poor credit rating should make the employer feel like the candidate needs the job even more and will work harder to keep it..

This is insane, mind boggling.

Agreed. I dont like how it is attached to your homeowners policy as well.

Why does your friend have a poor credit rating?

Apple

Banned

Why does your friend have a poor credit rating?

A lot of honest hard working good hearted people have bad credit.. I know many of them.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

A lot of honest hard working good hearted people have bad credit.. I know many of them.

Bad credit displays irresponsibility and that's a fact.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Enfuego:

thats too easy to say ....

a lot of good folks have been fucked over health care issues ....

a lot of good folks who are not crooks and responsible folks lose their
jobs and good luck right now finding a decent paying job

The CC scum asses fuck with folks sometimes if ya pay off your balance
due early

Trump even went bankrupt if I recall

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

Enfuego:

thats too easy to say ....

a lot of good folks have been fucked over health care issues ....

a lot of good folks who are not crooks and responsible folks lose their
jobs and good luck right now finding a decent paying job

The CC scum asses fuck with folks sometimes if ya pay off your balance
due early

Trump even went bankrupt if I recall

We all have health care issues and we all have to pay bills. Some pay them on time and some don't. That's just the way it goes.

janus

EOG Dedicated

The CC scum asses fuck with folks sometimes if ya pay off your balance due early

straight commission salespeople nationwide are getting rejected from jobs because they paid off their balances early and their fico scores were dropped to zero...

you read that in the enquirer?

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Noooo ....

I've read stories of folks who pay off balances in full and the CC companies flag them or cut their avaible credit, etc

Some dude up in FT WORTH paid off his credit card balance for like $10,000
and because of the stupid ass Patriot Act got hassled and questioned by
the Feds due to the amount of the transaction

SCREW CCS ..... many ways the downfall of sooo many in society

It's important to differentiate between "health care issues" and "catastrophic health care issues." about 70% of my bankruptcy clients were sunk by some sort of catastrophic health care issue. Even for those who have insurance, the copay/deductible/non-covered portion of something serious, i.e., heart bypass, any form of cancer, traumatic injury due to accident, back injury, etc. will devour any savings, 401(k) or other form of savings. Most here are aware of the cost of only one week's stay in a hospital; I know of a stroke victim who was hit with a cool $40,000 bill on her way out the door. Unfortunately, it's the people who try to do the right thing and try to make payments who end up getting overwhelmed and whose credit gets shredded.

We all have health care issues and we all have to pay bills. Some pay them on time and some don't. That's just the way it goes.

Thank whatever or whomever you care to that something serious in the health arena has not happened to you or yours, yet. Nobody plans on getting run over, having a stroke or contracting a serious disease. . .

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Thanks for the reminder ....

Most Americans are like fisherman in Minnesota sitting on a Lake in Mid April

Just one "incident" away from losing everything

If Americans only knew what our "ELECTED OFFICIALS" have for insurance coverage you would be soooooo pissed off

you can tell a lot about posters personal credit by their responses in this thread.

Your credit tell a lot about your character. Would you give a stiff like Jman a job knowing he doesn't even care about paying his debt? Or would you have rather have someone that at least is making payments and showing responsibility?

This question is of course for anyone other than The Shrink.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

Extremely ignorant statement there..

Tell me why. I can certainly understand a medical catastrophe causing big time issues but tell me why my statment is so ignorant.

Apparently, this issue still get's people hard around here, so I'm going to give my stock answer because I think it's fucking ridiculous. Here it is, by the numbers:

"Most here don't give a tinker's damn about who said who stiffed who. This is an anonymous internet forum. It's not real life. Anyone who comports themselves as if anything here is real, authentic, or anywhere close to real life deserves what befalls them. A final word of advice--don't bet with persons on an anonymous internet forum."

We now return to our regularly schedule program of rating chicks and squeezing out winners. . .

Apple

Banned

Worked in the mortgage business for 5+ years..

I've read thousands of credit reports and have witnessed many of situations to where people just had bad luck and that is why their credit was bad..

Of course many made stupid moves, but to label someone with bad credit irresponsible is just plain ignorant. The one thing a lot of people with bad credit had in common was that they didn't have a rich family member or friend to bail them out of their mess.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

Apparently, this issue still get's people hard around here, so I'm going to give my stock answer because I think it's fucking ridiculous. Here it is, by the numbers:

"Most here don't give a tinker's damn about who said who stiffed who. This is an anonymous internet forum. It's not real life. Anyone who comports themselves as if anything here is real, authentic, or anywhere close to real life deserves what befalls them. A final word of advice--don't bet with persons on an anonymous internet forum."

We now return to our regularly schedule program of rating chicks and squeezing out winners. . .

Certainly agree with this.

Apple

Banned

People lose jobs, get screwed over financially by family members or close friends.. 100s of situations

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

Worked in the mortgage business for 5+ years..

I've read thousands of credit reports and have witnessed many of situations to where people just had bad luck and that is why their credit was bad..

Of course many made stupid moves, but to label someone with bad credit irresponsible is just plain ignorant. The one thing a lot of people with bad credit had in common was that they didn't have a rich family member or friend to bail them out of their mess.

Just had bad luck? What does this mean? And of course stupid moves cause credit problems hence the irresponsibility. A person with bad credit (except huge medical issues) got in over their heads and that's as simple as I can make it.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

People lose jobs, get screwed over financially by family members or close friends.. 100s of situations

Get screwed over by close friends or family members? What kind of money are people loaning to these people that hurts their credit? So, isn't it your irresponsibility by loaning them more money than you could afford?

Just an example, no need to get all worked up. What type of person would you hire? One with bad credit, good credit, or would it not matter?

I used to hire. The ones I usually gave a chance to that had bad credit, were the employees that ended up disapointing me the most. There were exceptions of course, but you would be surprised. The numbers really dont lie.

No, unfortunately, the credit report thingy does have some empirical evidence to support it regarding employee performance. I won't use it though when I hire. My peeve is with the "Jman stiff" thing which seems to infect every thread now. I. . .Just. . .Don't. . .Care. . .And I think I speak for a very large majority here when I say that.

driver8

EOG Addicted

Your credit score is based off of taking on debt and paying it back. If you own your home, car outright and don't use credit cards, your credit score will gradually erode. So your credit score may not accurately reflect how responsible or hireable you are.

They are usually looking for bad credit. Repo's, closed defaulted accounts etc. None of the things you mention cause bad credit. They may keep you from having great credit but that wouldnt keep you from getting most jobs.