Obama finally comes on and says it, "We are screwed".

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
He says if we don't act on his ineffective Bill, we are in huge trouble. And this is no scare tactic. From the Washington Pot he titled it, "The Action Americans Need." He should have titled it "Were fucked no matter what." And just like I said, the price for this gigantic boondoggle is climbing. Up to 920 billion now, almost a trillion, but who's counting. What did he have to say? This is the most accurate thing I have heard from the great empty suited orator in years.

"This recession might linger for years. Our economy will lose 5 million more jobs. Unemployment will approach double digits. Our nation will sink deeper into a crisis that, at some point, we may not be able to reverse,"

No kidding, and it took you how log to figure that out? Just substitute the may to will. And I think that point has already passed. Uncle Sam and us should be in the soup line soon. With a tin cup to wander around the world asking for handouts from all the countries that hate us.

But we Americans are great, we figure out crap eventually, even with all of the media spin.

Do you think the country could plunge into an irreversible recession?

<TABLE class=poll_answer cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=poll_row_1><TD class="poll_answer_td poll_text_2">
Yes
</TD><TD class="poll_answer_td_2 poll_text_1">52% </TD></TR><TR class=poll_row_0><TD class="poll_answer_td poll_text_2">No</TD><TD class="poll_answer_td_2 poll_text_1">35% </TD></TR><TR class=poll_row_1><TD class="poll_answer_td poll_text_2">I'm not sure</TD><TD class="poll_answer_td_2 poll_text_1">13%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

How would you rate Obama's handling of the economic crisis since taking office?
<TABLE class=poll_answer cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=poll_row_1><TD class="poll_answer_td poll_text_2">
Poor
</TD><TD class="poll_answer_td_2 poll_text_1">35% </TD></TR><TR class=poll_row_0><TD class="poll_answer_td poll_text_2">Fair</TD><TD class="poll_answer_td_2 poll_text_1">24% </TD></TR><TR class=poll_row_1><TD class="poll_answer_td poll_text_2">Good</TD><TD class="poll_answer_td_2 poll_text_1">24% </TD></TR><TR class=poll_row_0><TD class="poll_answer_td poll_text_2">Excellent</TD><TD class="poll_answer_td_2 poll_text_1">17% </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

What's your take on the stimulus bill?

<TABLE class=poll_answer cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=poll_row_1><TD class="poll_answer_td poll_text_2">I'm against it</TD><TD class="poll_answer_td_2 poll_text_1">54% </TD></TR><TR class=poll_row_0><TD class="poll_answer_td poll_text_2">I'm for it</TD><TD class="poll_answer_td_2 poll_text_1">46% </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

How much faith do you have in Obama's ability to fix the economy?

<TABLE class=poll_answer cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=poll_row_1><TD class="poll_answer_td poll_text_2">None at all</TD><TD class="poll_answer_td_2 poll_text_1">42% </TD></TR><TR class=poll_row_0><TD class="poll_answer_td poll_text_2">A little</TD><TD class="poll_answer_td_2 poll_text_1">33% </TD></TR><TR class=poll_row_1><TD class="poll_answer_td poll_text_2">A lot</TD><TD class="poll_answer_td_2 poll_text_1">25% </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

So much for the bright and shiny change. The knight in shining armor is already tarnished. And over half of us think we peaked. I'm with that half. We have seen the best there was to see. And it is all downhill from here. Maybe fast, maybe slow, but downhill in the mother of all recesions, the economic tsunami that wiped out almost everyone. Irreversible as in, a one way trip down poverty lane.

Now doc's overwhelming majority is a minority. People understand this bill as written won't work, and it might not work even if written perfectly. And Frog's ye of little faith is now the majority also. I don't think Obama has a prayer. I did not before he was elected, and I really don't now that I have seen him in inaction.

You will get the few give him time, or you just want him to fail. Bullshit! We don't have any time left, even he admits that. I think the clock has already struck the midnight hour. And when everyone wakes up nothing will be as it is or was. I think the real downer or eye opener has been how totally ineffective that first 350 billion was in the other help out our rich buddies program. It did not even slowdown the crisis.

But someone actually woke up and said, the bill is crap, upgrading our failing government, making it more modern, bigger and way more expensive is not the answer. Fix housing. The latest add is just that. Which in my opinion is all it should be. Housing, infrastructure and more jobs. The rest is a gigantic portion of pork. And pork to be consumed by government agencies. They get fat while the taxpayers who pay for it starve. Can't blame G Dub for that. This is Obama's answer to it, and that is not the answer. No wonder so many have lost faith.

Those no good Republicans got a 19 billion dollar add. Just for the housing industry. So we had a bill for 900 billion without that help? I never thought I would ever say this, but the Republicans actually look like they want to undo the mess they made over the last 8 years. Too late but at least they are trying to hit the bullseye instead of a shotgun approach. We need to help that industry first. At the same time create jobs, and help the average consumer to get back to spend. Our economic model of consumerism is fairly simple. Doomed to fail, but simple. If we don't build houses, it all falls apart. If people don't spend, it falls apart.

Me personally, normally the eternal optimist, has fallen to the dark side of Diogenes school of cynic. Sadly I have very good reason to be cynical. Our model of democracy was usurped by greedy capitalist pigs. Pigs that suffered from overexcess, greed to the point of gluttony. That gambled away our countries greatness. and my kids, thier kids, thier kids, maybe 5 generations worth. Or maybe the show is over. And another peak bites th edust. First oil, now economic. We are screwed.

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

texansfan

EOG Master
Re: Obama finally comes on and says it, "We are screwed".

So called stimulus bill is around 90% pork, how does that stimulate the economy?

Then you have that idiot Pelosi stating that the U.S. is or will be losing 500 million jobs a month. How many people live in the U.S. again Mrs. Pelosi?

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Would you rather have him lie to the American public like Bush was famous for?

This country got ass fucked for 8 yrs by Bush... the cure is gonna be
painful to state it mildly

You know, the whole economic crisis really started to hit me lately. My BF and I are tightening the purse strings big time. He's been out of work since September...and my job very much depends on a big, fat military budget. We're screwed. I've been making my own dog biscuts, selling all kinds of crap from the attic and I'm even going to grow my own veggies this summer. :hangt

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

May all the asswipes who SHOUTED THAT "BUSH HAS THINGS UNDER CONTROL" be the 1st to lose everything

Fuckin god damn tax cuts for the rich .... trillions BUSHCO could not account
for in Iraq that were "lost in transaction" and that bullshit military disaster

Yeah ... we're fucked and why he has wasted one moment getting feedback from folks like Boehner is beyond me

Would you rather have him lie to the American public like Bush was famous for?

This country got ass fucked for 8 yrs by Bush... the cure is gonna be
painful to state it mildly

I'm not a huge fan of Bush, but one man did not make this mess.

Frog,

you are hands down one of my favorite top 5 posters...

one man running things for 8 years adds up pretty quick. 8 years is a long time to be in control

texansfan

EOG Master

Obama has already weakened this country and will continue to do so under his Marxist regime.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

FUCK THE MEDIA ... CRAMER SCREAMING "THIS BUSH ECONOMY IS THE GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD ..."

It sure is .... this shit started with that bastard Reagand and Bush 43 was icing on the cake

I knew when Cheney dumped 25 million in the Euro Bond Market we were fucked ...

AND WE ARE

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Texasfan:

Marxist regime?

LOL .... this coming from a man who voted 2 times for a man who ran a FASCIST STATE

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

PassTheRock

EOG Master

Then you have that idiot Pelosi stating that the U.S. is or will be losing 500 million jobs a month. How many people live in the U.S. again Mrs. Pelosi?
Are people losing all these jobs in all 57 states? :+clueless

very true...greedy bankers are as much to blame as Bush...

i am guilty though myself, i bought several houses that i probably couldnt afford, just because the lenders were being so loose with the money...now i am stuck with 4 mortgages in a market i can't sell a hosue in...

the scary thing...I feel all these banks and lending agency's knew what would happen with all these crazy mortgages they were giving out.

think that through, what if THEY KNEW?

why then would they do it? See if you can figure that answer out, it is a scary asnwer to say the least

Fictionman

EOG Addicted

That Damn Bush probably farted too much and the whole damn global warming is his fault too.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

and McCain had no clue the number of homes he owned orrrrr

Senator John McCain, the presumptive Republican presidential candidate, recently visited the Middle East to promote his foreign policy expertise. While in Jordan, McCain repeatedly made the remarks that it was "common knowledge" that al Qaedists were being trained by Iran. He said it more than once before an aide corrected him soto voce. For those not in the know, Iran is a Shiite nation. Al Qaeda is a Sunni extremist group.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

There are 50 US states, and six US territories.
Puerto Rico
U.S. Virgin Islands
American Samoa
Guam
Northern Mariana Islands
Minor Outlying Islands (Wake Island and Johnston Island)

And one US-administered region, Guantanamo Bay Naval Base, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

SOOO GUESS WHAT? throw in US terrorities and administered regions and what is the magic ###?

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

doc and his neverending blame game is comical. Where was the rest of Capitol hill at? Vacationing while Bush did us in? Is this bill Bushes plan? A Republican plan? You are stuck in a rut doc, and are barely worth reading anymore. What's next, McSame and Palin would have been worse? Who the fuck cares? I think you are going to see depression like conditions soon. I listened to a lot of my parents stories who lived through it, and watched how millions of Americans made it through. But I seriously doubt our society today has the skills or the fortitude to do what they did. Many got by on home gardens, produce and bartering. There was no money.

This is now documented as the worst economic downturn in 80 years. And it is not even slowing down. I have a very bad feeling this ends badly. The band is still playing, but the average American talks to the other average American and they say, we are screwed. 80 years ago times were different. There was no FDIC, which could cost American taxpayers a couple of more trillion soon. Banks went under, businesses went under. Now we have mortgaged 5 generations of Amnericans to prop those failed businesses up. So unlike 80 years ago we were just screwed short term, but there was a light at the end of the tunnel. It took a good decade, but there was light. Now we are screwed short term and long term.

The skills to get by in tough times are also obsolete and forgotten. We are a fat, lazy spoiled consumer nation. We don't know how to live at another level, and the skill set to make it was lost through two generations. But my biggest fears are total anarchy. Most large cities have about three days worth of food in warehouses and storage. One little edited clip turned one of our major cities into a full scale riot. It might take a bigger event to have it spread but that event could come from a number of areas. Every mistake we have maken in the last 80+ years has comeback to bite us hard. This is not 8 years of mismanagement but 80. We learned nothing from past failure, and those that don't learn from it are doomed to repeat it.

Soon I will post my how to survive outside the system thread. It can't hurt to be prepared as the signs are very ominous. The storm clouds are gathering. I hope to weather the perfect economic storm. But with everything converging all at once, it may be too tough. One thing for sure, I have zero confidence in Capitol Hill.

texansfan

EOG Master

Doc is a broken record. I've stopped even reading what he has to say because he just repeats the same BS over and over.

People are beginning to understand that Obama isn't different than any other politician. The man said what he said to get elected and now his puppetmasters are pulling his strings.

PassTheRock

EOG Master

Will they stop debating this stimulus package already and get it passed?!?!?! We need $886,000 for the new frisbee golf park in San Diego for fucks sake!!!!!

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Looks who talking

you are about as original as the sun rising out of the East in the AM

scrimmage

What you contemplate you imitate

very true...greedy bankers are as much to blame as Bush...

i am guilty though myself, i bought several houses that i probably couldnt afford, just because the lenders were being so loose with the money...now i am stuck with 4 mortgages in a market i can't sell a hosue in...

the scary thing...I feel all these banks and lending agency's knew what would happen with all these crazy mortgages they were giving out.

think that through, what if THEY KNEW?

why then would they do it? See if you can figure that answer out, it is a scary asnwer to say the least

The current problems go much deeper than the obvious explanations we routinely accept.
Bush was the fall guy for those who really control things in the shadow government behind the curtain.
Was Obama appointed captain of a sinking ship,and is his job to take her down slowly?

Bail Fail
Posted on Feb 4, 2009
By Mr. Fish

Mr Fish from:
http://www.truthdig.com/cartoon/item/20090204_bail_fail/

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Pass

dont worry ... as soon as Bush finds that TWO TRILLION PLUS DOLLARS THAT BUSHCO MISPLACED in Iraq you will have your golf course

YOU HEARD THAT RIGHT.... OVER TWO TRILLION DOLLARS THEY CAN'T ACCOUNT FOR !!!

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

texansfan

EOG Master

Will they stop debating this stimulus package already and get it passed?!?!?! We need $886,000 for the new frisbee golf park in San Diego for fucks sake!!!!!

I read that. It appears that around 90% of this pork bill is just that, ridiculous BS that does nothing to stimulate the economy.

Is Obama calling Uncle Fidel for advice on how to run this country?

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Leslie Nielson played a great skipper on the USS BUSH:

The Poseidon Adventure - Capszing

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://s.ytimg.com/yt/swf/watch-vfl76660.swf" style="" id="movie_player" name="movie_player" bgcolor="#000000" quality="high" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" flashvars="q=poseidon%20adventure&fexp=900017&vq=null&sourceid=ys&video_id=DcAfisLMMX8&l=151&sk=W7HZeruihJtdmFiedGhACDxUHv6SCt-CU&fmt_map=&usef=0&t=OEgsToPDskJCGD3_mj72bz7fZt0UST2j&hl=en&plid=AARiMFqXFgiPrsYDAAAAoAAIAAA&cr=US&playnext=0&enablejsapi=1" width="480" height="385">

cheapseats

EOG Master

We just need more laws and more people in jail. Don't you know, perfection is the the sought after goal, regardless of anything else, our punitive politicians and special interests will indeed have us in soup lines soon. Enact a law, it will make things better-HA.

texansfan

EOG Master

We just need more laws and more people in jail. Don't you know, perfection is the the sought after goal, regardless of anything else, our punitive politicians and special interests will indeed have us in soup lines soon. Enact a law, it will make things better-HA.

We now have to pay for medical care for the kids of the people who are here illegally. Obama is showing his true colors after only a few weeks in office now.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Cheap:

ya got a sense of humor ... dont ya know jails are meant for "Terrorist Threats" who get caught with a bag of pot on them?

Cmon ... fucking folks out of millions of dollars is what makes this country
the "Land of Opportunity"

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Doc is a broken record. I've stopped even reading what he has to say because he just repeats the same BS over and over.

People are beginning to understand that Obama isn't different than any other politician. The man said what he said to get elected and now his puppetmasters are pulling his strings.

All of what three weeks and u have him figured out now? Give the guy a freaking chance for goodness sakes. We had enough of these brain dead Texas idiots screwing up shit (oh and stealing) to last ten life times.

texansfan

EOG Master

All of what three weeks and u have him figured out now? Give the guy a freaking chance for goodness sakes. We had enough of these brain dead Texas idiots screwing up shit (oh and stealing) to last ten life times.

Thanks Doc Jr.

good post 91023i2ndw;l

texansfan

EOG Master

Thats a compliment unless u are talking about Doc talking sports. Then those are fighting words. :+textinb3

:LMAO I hear ya. I know it's early Thor, but I'm just basing my opinions on what I've see so far. I know the man inherited a mess but passing a so called "stimulus" bill that's laden with pork does nothing to help the economy imo.

I just think that most, if not all, politicians are basically one and the same. In the end it's about themselves and those who can help them.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

If Texasfan got an email from Rove to go fuck a horse as it would help raise Bush's approval numbers above 35% I can guarantee ya we would hear from Texasfan:

"Relax Mr Ed ... this is for the good of this country ..."

cheapseats

EOG Master

We now have to pay for medical care for the kids of the people who are here illegally. Obama is showing his true colors after only a few weeks in office now.

Its my understanding that the cost are going to be paid by increased taxes on cigerettes.

texansfan

EOG Master

Its my understanding that the cost are going to be paid by increased taxes on cigerettes.

Isn't the cost like 32 billion just for the 1st year?

Even so, why should U.S. taxpayers pay for this?

soli

EOG Dedicated

If Texasfan got an email from Rove to go fuck a horse as it would help raise Bush's approval numbers above 35% I can guarantee ya we would hear from Texasfan:

"Relax Mr Ed ... this is for the good of this country ..."

You think Mr. Ed will make him wear a condom? or will Mr. Ed wear the condom..:LMAO

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Bushie was obviously the worst president ever. But the system was corrupted way before he was even elected. And he was just a convenient scapegoat. All the power behind him, enabling him, effectively pulling his strings. That dummy.

Obama is going to bring change. He is our wishful thinking savior. Or was. That honeymoon was short lived. What's worse, he is spending us into oblivion. But is it really him, or the same powers that made G Dub move?

There are money and power people so far behind the curtain you may barely know thier names. They are so far up the food chain they own it all. We get crumbs and maipulated by not having billions enough. So they got artificially greedy, forcing the markets beyond thier capabilites. Overbuild, overloan, oversell and overspeculate. Even over insure. They did it, will the blessing of most of the government And if you did not vote along with the enabling, bad things may come out in the press. And at best your would be out of office next term. But once this ten year build in two caught up with itself, it all fell apart. It took 4 years since the real estate market burst to truly start to have the crisis impact.

So now we have to pay for that. For them, as congress and Obama will merely withhold it from our income. Thank for new governement upgrades, it was very stimulating. What about housing? You have 900 billion out there without addressing that? Isn't that a foundation to build on?

My huge concerns are many. Isn't this the same government that has failed to manage thier budget? Hand them 3 trillion more?

The bill is going everywhere wrong. If anything the government should give back, suffer it's own recession and close down and eliminate jobs and agencies. It has not worked or served us well. The infrastructure, construction/home market, and tax relief are horribly underfunded compared to pork. But instead of cutting pork, they are adding things that might help. They are trying to keep it under a trillion, because that is the new magic number. But add the bailout and we are talking 1.6+ trillion. How many zeros is that? But that's cool, add another digit for our current deficit. Who's counting.

Even worse none of these funds marked for the right places will get there anytime soon. Impartial agencies think 7% of infrastructure funds will arrive in 2009. And those funds are a small fraction of the bill. My opinion, too little too late. The first 350 million had little to no impact. Was subject to graft, misappropriation and extravagant spending. We got zero bang for that 350 billion bucks. This is happening now, today. The Capitol Hillers are shitting bricks. They cannot and don't know how to stop the slide. A very bad combination. They could not stop it even if they knew how. Barely slow it down. I am seeing businesses shutdown all around me. Those people will not be spending, and the chain reaction is getting larger. It is like a ponzi sceme of income loss. The layoffs are leading to more layoffs, which are leading to less spending, less investment, less government revenues. When you say worst economic downturn in 80 years people listen. When you don't have it stopped yet, and it is gaining momentum, you have a full blown crisis.

So my question to everyone is, where are we headed? We may sink, but not all hands because we are not out to sea. More or less a how bad will it get, and when? All I know it we had not seen the worst of it yet. Not close. Last year it all finally collapsed, and that is normally a long recovery, but it has not fully collapsed. When? 2009, 2010? Many feel there is nowhere but down. I can't think that. Not in my nature. But all of this spending while the markets are supposed to correct themselves over time is a real mistake. One made out of desperation with corrupt proven failures in charge. Democracy was usurped by capitalists.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Wow ...

Frog made it back on my Christmas Shopping with GWB comment !!!

Just print out another 10 trillion and give it to Americans ... that is one
way to stimulate the economy

Hell .... its only money !!!