Thursday OVC Plays--1 Little Monster Play

pool

EOG Senior Member
TENN-MARTIN at AUSTIN PEAY

Austin Peay comes into this game reeling from two road losses in their Kentucky death valley trip. APSU lost a difficult, 73-70 overtime decision at Eastern Kentucky, Tuesday, before losing its first-place battle at Morehead State, 81-63, Saturday.

APSU shot just a combined 38.3 percent from the floor in the two game after hitting better than 50 percent from the floor during its previous three contests.

Tenn-Martin comes in riding a 6 game winning streak. Their last loss was at home against this same Austin Peay team by a score of 85-76. However, this winning streak is very misleading. Two of those wins were against 10th place SEMO. The others were single wins against 9th place Jacksonville St., 8th place Tenn. St., 7th place Tenn. Tech., and 4th place Eastern Illinois. Only one of those wins came against one of the top tier teams in the conference and that was a home game.

I believe the reason for this line is UTM's winning streak and AP losing their last two games. This is one of the toughest venues for visiting teams to get a win in the OVC. I don't really remember the last time AP was getting points at home against a conference foe. UTM has Lester Hudson but AP is the better team and head coach, Dave Loos, gets the calls at home.

7 AUSTIN PEAY +1 -111 (the little monster)

I should have one other play later today.

pool

EOG Senior Member
Re: Thursday OVC Plays--1 Little Monster Play

Now I'm seeing -1 everywhere and even a -1.5 at Betjamaica.

pool

EOG Senior Member

MOREHEAD at JACKSONVILLE ST.

This is a classic good team vs bad team with the bad team at home and favored by 1. Morehead is atop the OVC with a 9-2 conference record. Their 2 losses were on the road at EIU, who is a very good home team, and at Tenn. St. Everyone knows how I feel about this Tenn. St. team. They are the basketball equivalent of Jeckle and Hyde. Then we have JSU who is 3-8 in conference play with 2 of their wins coming against SEMO. I won't list all the stats but Morehead leads in most catagories, especially rebounding. Morehead won the earlier meeting between these two 76-61. The only reason JSU isn't in last place in the league is because SEMO is still a member. This may be a sucker bet but I can't turn down getting the first place team in the league getting a point at the 9th place team.

3 MOREHEAD ST. +1 -102

Knew Id see you on one or two in this conference. I think these are all pretty good teams but defer to your first hand knowledge which I have grown to respect. My only concern with Jax St. is that they have played an awful lot of road games and will they step it up for the final leg of conference play with a big stretch of hm games coming up. Been kinda waiting for them to do something decent all year, so far it has been dissapointing. Ha ha I remember early in the non conference getting bashed a little for betting Morehead and someone telling me they were shit. They did lose a close one there but I wished I had ridden them in conference play.

Good luck tonight Pool. Get out the broom my man.

ThaFiahMan

EOG Enthusiast

austin peay at -1.5 at my book and morehead up to +2

how we feelin here?

I've got the patent on the "Monster Plays" here at EOG!

Good luck with this one though!

pool

EOG Senior Member

austin peay at -1.5 at my book and morehead up to +2

how we feelin here?

Don't take this the wrong way but I couldn't care less if the whole world is against me on OVC games. If it's a SEMO game I love it when everyone is against me. I always try and get the best number I can. It looks like the money is with me on the AP play and against me on the Morehead play. The line didn't move much in the Morehead game but went from +1 to -1.5 in the AP game.

The Austin Peay game is on ESPNU tonight at 9 eastern.

pool

EOG Senior Member

What a frustrating night "AGAIN". The Morehead game was a battle of defenses. Morehead held a 4 point lead at half. The lead went back and forth in the second half with Morehead holding a 4 point lead with 1:29 to go. Morehead failed to score the rest of the game as Jax. St. went on a 9-0 run to get the 5 point win.

In the Austin Peay game the Govs led by four points, 66-62, with 1:49 left in the second half. Is this starting to sound familiar? After a missed Govs free-throw, the Skyhawks went to Lester Hudson and the 2007-08 OVC Player of the Year delivered with a three-pointer to cut the Govs' lead to one point, 66-65, with 1:27 left. Following a 30-second timeout, Kyle Duncan made the back end of a two-shot free-throw, extending Austin Peay's lead back to two points, 67-65, with 1:06 to play. Both teams traded missed three-pointers, before Hudson was fouled with 3.3 seconds to go. He hit both free throws and sent the game into overtime at 68-68.

In the extra period, UT Martin got the first bucket and after a layup by Tyrone Caldwell, the Skyhawks ran up a nine-point, 79-70, lead with 1:31 left. The Govs got within three points, 82-79, with 22 seconds left, but could not finish the comeback. Austin Peay finished OT making only 5 of 13 from the floor, while UT Martin made 4 of 5 from the floor and 11 of 15 from the free-throw line. Hudson set the final 87-82 margin with a pair of free throws.

This is the story of my year. I can't tell you how many times this year my team has had the line covered in the last 1-2 minutes of the game only to find a way to lose against the spread. Just like the Bradley/N. Iowa game the other night. Sorry for venting, You would think it would even out over the year but this year it's been very one sided. OK, now it's time to move on to Saturdays lineup.

ballwonder

EOG Master

It happens pool. NCAA Hoops has not been kind to many and this year myself as well.