Kiffin calls Meyer a cheater

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Re: Kiffin calls Meyer a cheater

Well, evidently it is, since he just did it!

And the SEC came out and confirmed that it was NOT a violation so there was no whistle blowing involved, and thus no possibility of an NCAA investigation. Get a clue, OFI.

UT didn't hire Kiffen to be prudent, they hired him to win games, specifically to beat the gaytors and tide. If firing up the troops/alumni helps achieve that goal, then prudent indeed would Kiffen's behavior be!

Even that the SEC had to address it is a problem. Hey, our national champion did not cheat. And it made national headlines. You don't comprehend the politics behind the scenes, and the fear of the NCAA. His team plays in the SEC, and he shot off his mouth and shot his own conference in the foot, trying to fire up his team? Off to a great start. I am sure he could have fired up the alumni without sullying the reputation of another SEC coach, especially one that brings a lot of pride to the SEC. He apologized because he was way out of line and had to.

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Supposedly what Meyer did is NOT a violation.

BUT. Had it BEEN a violation, should Kiffin blown the whistle as he did, or just keep quiet about it?

No conference wants whistleblowers inside thier own ranks. Just as they don't want the NCAA sniffing around. Especially down South, where football is everything. I'd say 90% of the time they are operating over the line, but they all do it. And just like the SEC, I despise the NCAA. They can hit you with a violation for looking cross eyed at an investigator. Very similar to NCAA Hoops ACC. Remember that team manager for NC State that spilled his guts out? Everything stays in house, you keep your mouth shut and don't even joke about that. Especially a new kid on the block vs. a National Championship coach. Everything there is a handshake and a wink, a pat on the back and a envelope in your back pocket. It is the way it is, and I respect it.

Best wishes...OF :+waving-5

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Even that the SEC had to address it is a problem. Hey, our national champion did not cheat. And it made national headlines. You don't comprehend the politics behind the scenes, and the fear of the NCAA. His team plays in the SEC, and he shot off his mouth and shot his own conference in the foot, trying to fire up his team? Off to a great start. I am sure he could have fired up the alumni without sullying the reputation of another SEC coach, especially one that brings a lot of pride to the SEC. He apologized because he was way out of line and had to.

DUH....how could he sully(actually in light of recent events, the verb "sully" now bears a positive connotation) another coach's name if he didn't say something negative about that coach?

Kiffen was being facetious and only meant his words for the Vol boosters in attendance....and in spite of all that, he apologized, even though he was NOT "way out of line". Once again, words have meaning....Noah Webster rolls over in his grave everytime you post!

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

DUH....how could he sully(actually in light of recent events, the verb "sully" now bears a positive connotation) another coach's name if he didn't say something negative about that coach?

Kiffen was being facetious and only meant his words for the Vol boosters in attendance....and in spite of all that, he apologized, even though he was NOT "way out of line". Once again, words have meaning....Noah Webster rolls over in his grave everytime you post!

To sully: to soil, tarnish or defile. I think accusation of cheating fits there perfectly. Also the Fla AD did not use the word slander for laughs. Kiffin was way out of line. According to you accusing him of cheating is not negative, we are done talking.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

No conference wants whistleblowers inside thier own ranks. Just as they don't want the NCAA sniffing around. Especially down South, where football is everything. I'd say 90% of the time they are operating over the line, but they all do it. And just like the SEC, I despise the NCAA. They can hit you with a violation for looking cross eyed at an investigator. Very similar to NCAA Hoops ACC. Remember that team manager for NC State that spilled his guts out? Everything stays in house, you keep your mouth shut and don't even joke about that. Especially a new kid on the block vs. a National Championship coach. Everything there is a handshake and a wink, a pat on the back and a envelope in your back pocket. It is the way it is, and I respect it.

Best wishes...OF :+waving-5

Wow. Alright. Point well taken.

:+waving-5

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

To sully: to soil, tarnish or defile. I think accusation of cheating fits there perfectly. Also the Fla AD did not use the word slander for laughs. Kiffin was way out of line. According to you accusing him of cheating is not negative, we are done talking.

Not if the accusation of cheating is not true and said facetiously and apologized for....then it can not possibly sully someone's name nor is it way out of line!

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Could you define "done talking"?

No, I can't...I thought I could but you said in post # 44...

"we are done talking."

...so I must not know what "done talking" means after all. Perhaps you'll send me an English-froggie, froggie-English dictionary?

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Just an SEC reprimand. No biggie. But if he did nothing wrong, why did he get reprimanded? Why did he apologize? What did one comment say, win some games before you start talking trash? Did Meyer pull bush stunts before he won any games, or did he just win? Maybe he is trying to revive a rivalry that no longer is, because the teams are so far apart? It used to be a great rivalry, now it is a classic mismatch. At least Fat Phil had class.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Just an SEC reprimand. No biggie. But if he did nothing wrong, why did he get reprimanded? Why did he apologize? What did one comment say, win some games before you start talking trash? Did Meyer pull bush stunts before he won any games, or did he just win? Maybe he is trying to revive a rivalry that no longer is, because the teams are so far apart? It used to be a great rivalry, now it is a classic mismatch. At least Fat Phil had class.

Agreed..no biggie. And what's wrong with trying to revive a rivalry? That's exactly what he's trying to do! And remember, Fat Phil was the one who blew the whistle on Bama.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Kiffin had a very big mouth in Oakland also. Couldn't keep it shut. At first it was against other teams, then his own players, then the organization. He was warned to shut up and still did it. Not a lot of room to talk when you are 5-15. And you can't attack your own organization through the media. Nor the SEC. So far in his career stops I would say he lacks ethics.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Well, evidently it is, since he just did it!

And the SEC came out and confirmed that it was NOT a violation so there was no whistle blowing involved, and thus no possibility of an NCAA investigation. Get a clue, OFI.

UT didn't hire Kiffen to be prudent, they hired him to win games, specifically to beat the gaytors and tide. If firing up the troops/alumni helps achieve that goal, then prudent indeed would Kiffen's behavior be!

If you really think he did nothing wrong you really need to pull your head out of your ass. You don't come in new, and start hailstorms within the conference. Wow, obvioulsy you don't get it.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

If you really think he did nothing wrong you really need to pull your head out of your ass. You don't come in new, and start hailstorms within the conference. Wow, obvioulsy you don't get it.

I agree with you 100%. That's like biting the hand that feeds you. Apparently his conference thought it was bad enough to nail him on an ethics violation.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Why would you say that? I never said I thought he did nothing wrong, I said it's no biggie...and he already apologized!

O I remember now, you're a fucking idiot, that's why!

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Why would you say that? I never said I thought he did nothing wrong, I said it's no biggie...and he already apologized!

O I remember now, you're a fucking idiot, that's why!

I am a fucking idiot? With all due respect, I am not the one that said he did nothing wrong. You said it was fine as he broke no rules. And that makes you the fucking idiot. As you clearly don't get it.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Always kind of liked the Vols program. Fulmer couldn't coach the greatest, but was a likeable guy. This guy is going to be a lot harder to root for.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

I am a fucking idiot? With all due respect, I am not the one that said he did nothing wrong. You said it was fine as he broke no rules. And that makes you the fucking idiot. As you clearly don't get it.

I did? Where was that?

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

I just went back through this thread and this was what I said in post #25, in response to Mo....

"Perhaps, but if what they say is true and it was NOT an NCAA or SEC violation for Meyer to call him on another college campus like Kiffen accused him of doing, then Kiffen would indeed be the scumbag. But there's plenty of scumbags in college football...it doesn't have to be one or the other.

Finebaum: SEC coaches will take Lane Kiffin down

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=cnnCol0></TD><TD class=cnnCol1></TD><TD class=cnnCol2><!-- ADDTHIS BUTTON BEGIN --> <!-- ADDTHIS BUTTON END --></TD><TD class=cnnCol3></TD><TD class=cnnCol4></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=entrycontent cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE class=cnnDP_inlineL style="WIDTH: 350px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
Vols coach Lane Kiffin caused a stir by accusing Florida of cheating on Thursday.
AP

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Alabama radio personality Paul Finebaum joined the show to discuss new Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin's statements about the University of Florida.
-- Finebaum says that Kiffin has gone after the two biggest names in the SEC -- Urban Meyer and Nick Saban. Finebaum said that this could be like The Godfather. They'll make Kiffin pay for what he said about Florida's Meyer breaking rules by calling a recruit while he was visiting Tennessee.
-- Finebaum says that SEC coaches will all turn in Kiffin any chance they get. Finebaum says all schools cheat. It's just a matter of turning them in.
-- Finebaum thinks Tennessee officials are probably furious at Kiffin right now. "If he last three years, I will be dumbfounded," Finebaum said.
-- Finebaum pointed out that Kiffin hired recruiters, not coaches. They're going to be aggressive, and according to Finebaum, they'll get in trouble.
-- Finebaum said that Kiffin couldn't find a job on the West Coast and doesn't know how he got this job at Tennessee.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Liffin is a idiot great interview on Dan Patrick show today on the subject very anti Kiffin. Lane will be there less then 3 years.

If he is there <3 years, it will because of his on the field record and not for these remarks about Meyer.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

They will nail him to the wall for taking on the conferences big names. Anyone can sit there and say, he was just firing up his alumni. That's a crock. He put a gigantic bullseye on his forehead and the rocky top faithful. Now he has some real powerful enemies, including SEC power brokers. It is obvious he has no clue how things work in the SEC, and after the crap he pulled here in Oakland, he was untouchable out here. If his dad was not a famous football guy, he would be a nuthin, which is what he is anyway. Like I stated earlier in the thread, he can't keep his big mouth shut. And do you think he is going to get any breaks on the field? He is now the SEC leper.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Finebaum: SEC coaches will take Lane Kiffin down

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=cnnCol0></TD><TD class=cnnCol1></TD><TD class=cnnCol2><!-- ADDTHIS BUTTON BEGIN --><!-- ADDTHIS BUTTON END --></TD><TD class=cnnCol3></TD><TD class=cnnCol4></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=entrycontent cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE class=cnnDP_inlineL style="WIDTH: 350px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
Vols coach Lane Kiffin caused a stir by accusing Florida of cheating on Thursday.
AP

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Alabama radio personality Paul Finebaum joined the show to discuss new Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin's statements about the University of Florida.
-- Finebaum says that Kiffin has gone after the two biggest names in the SEC -- Urban Meyer and Nick Saban. Finebaum said that this could be like The Godfather. They'll make Kiffin pay for what he said about Florida's Meyer breaking rules by calling a recruit while he was visiting Tennessee.
-- Finebaum says that SEC coaches will all turn in Kiffin any chance they get. Finebaum says all schools cheat. It's just a matter of turning them in.
-- Finebaum thinks Tennessee officials are probably furious at Kiffin right now. "If he last three years, I will be dumbfounded," Finebaum said.
-- Finebaum pointed out that Kiffin hired recruiters, not coaches. They're going to be aggressive, and according to Finebaum, they'll get in trouble.
-- Finebaum said that Kiffin couldn't find a job on the West Coast and doesn't know how he got this job at Tennessee.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I agree with him 100%.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

They will nail him to the wall for taking on the conferences big names. Anyone can sit there and say, he was just firing up his alumni. That's a crock. He put a gigantic bullseye on his forehead and the rocky top faithful. Now he has some real powerful enemies, including SEC power brokers. It is obvious he has no clue how things work in the SEC, and after the crap he pulled here in Oakland, he was untouchable out here. If his dad was not a famous football guy, he would be a nuthin, which is what he is anyway. Like I stated earlier in the thread, he can't keep his big mouth shut. And do you think he is going to get any breaks on the field? He is now the SEC leper.

OMG...you just keep getting dumber and dumber....what do you have a brain eating bacterium?

So now he has some real powerful enemies, which implies that if he hadn't made these false accusations against Meyer that these people would have been his friends? HUH??? Yeah, Florida and Alabama probably would have let him win the first 3 or 4 years in the conference just to make him feel welcome!!!!

The fact is he will make or break his career at UT on the field, which is just as it should be! I would much prefer him to come in to UT confident and cocky and not be afraid to ruffle some feathers.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

OMG...you just keep getting dumber and dumber....what do you have a brain eating bacterium?

So now he has some real powerful enemies, which implies that if he hadn't made these false accusations against Meyer that these people would have been his friends? HUH??? Yeah, Florida and Alabama probably would have let him win the first 3 or 4 years in the conference just to make him feel welcome!!!!

The fact is he will make or break his career at UT on the field, which is just as it should be! I would much prefer him to come in to UT confident and cocky and not be afraid to ruffle some feathers.

Not sure you should be saying anyone is getting dumber after a post like this. Wow.

:doh1

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Not sure you should be saying anyone is getting dumber after a post like this. Wow.

Wow indeed! You copy and paste my entire post but yet you never identify anything in it that you disagree with. I'll take that as complete surrender on your part and spare you any further insults. Smart move, royalfan...it takes a smart man to know when he's overmatched!

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Wow indeed! You copy and paste my entire post but yet you never identify anything in it that you disagree with. I'll take that as complete surrender on your part and spare you any further insults. Smart move, royalfan...it takes a smart man to know when he's overmatched!

No quite the other extreme actually. You will never be smarter than me in anything sports related and there was no point singleing out anything when the whole post was so idiotic. You keep trying to be witty and I will keep being correct. I will never be overmatched in sports discussions by anyone, and sure as hell not by you.

Remember when Lane Kiffin stated that he got 39 out of 40 on the recruiting test? NOW we know which question he got wrong.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

No quite the other extreme actually. You will never be smarter than me in anything sports related and there was no point singleing out anything when the whole post was so idiotic. You keep trying to be witty and I will keep being correct. I will never be overmatched in sports discussions by anyone, and sure as hell not by you.

OK....I've got nothing better to do than to school you AGAIN....here's part of my post...

"The fact is he will make or break his career at UT on the field, which is just as it should be!"

...now since you said the "whole post was so idiotic"...go ahead, point out the idiocy!

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

OK....I've got nothing better to do than to school you AGAIN....here's part of my post...

"The fact is he will make or break his career at UT on the field, which is just as it should be!"

...now since you said the "whole post was so idiotic"...go ahead, point out the idiocy!

Ballgame. You just proved to yourself how stupid you were. You took the bait hook line and sinker. By stating the only part that was not completely ridiculous, you proved how fucking stupid the rest was. You want to try and use lawyer tricks, go to law school. But I will kick your fucking ass in whatever game you want to play. You play poker? Heads up match? Didn't think so. You add nothing, and cannot back up anything. Just a blowhard shit stirring asshole that has an opinion about everything and is usually wrong. At least I only talk about what I know about and therefore am correct. Keep that in mind.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

This is a waste of time royalfan. He justs like to spar. What about the total in the Big game? Texas defense been crappy, and I think Neb can score on them fairly easy. FT's concern me though. Texas has monster Pittman in the middle, but as a team, they looked much better last year, especially defensively. I am thinking over the lowish number, what you think? Tip is close.

Best Wishes...oF :+waving-5

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

This is a waste of time royalfan. He justs like to spar. What about the total in the Big game? Texas defense been crappy, and I think Neb can score on them fairly easy. FT's concern me though. Texas has monster Pittman in the middle, but as a team, they looked much better last year, especially defensively. I am thinking over the lowish number, what you think? Tip is close.

Sorry just saw this. Does no good to give thoughts now. Didn't have anything huge on it or would have. Just liked first half under some, knowing NU would shorten it as long as they could. Wasn't sure how long they could though so no game total play.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Ballgame. You just proved to yourself how stupid you were. You took the bait hook line and sinker. By stating the only part that was not completely ridiculous, you proved how fucking stupid the rest was. You want to try and use lawyer tricks, go to law school. But I will kick your fucking ass in whatever game you want to play. You play poker? Heads up match? Didn't think so. You add nothing, and cannot back up anything. Just a blowhard shit stirring asshole that has an opinion about everything and is usually wrong. At least I only talk about what I know about and therefore am correct. Keep that in mind.

Yep...thank you...ballgame indeed...to me! You admit you lied when you said and I quote...."there was no point singleing (sic) out anything when the whole post was so idiotic." And the proof of your lie comes from your very next post...."By stating the only part that was not completely ridiculous,".
So now if you only talk about what you know about, we will not see you posting here anymore!

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

At least royalfan is not afraid to respond to me...you, OFI, get shown to be dumber than dumb by my post and run away and hide. Actually, that is pretty smart on your part!