LKid's Plays 2/8

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 width="100%" align=center border=0 acellpadding="0"><TBODY><TR class=Sport_data><TD vAlign=top align=middle width="76%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR class=Sport_data><TD align=right></TD><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=MatchupDataLeft>PURDUE BOILERMAKERS </TD><TD class=MatchupDataRight>ILLINOIS FIGHTING ILLINI</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=MatchupRecordLeft>
17-5​
</TD><TD class=MatchupRecordCenter>
February 8, 1:00 PM | University of Illinois Assembly Hall​
</TD><TD class=MatchupRecordRight>18-5</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD width=60>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Purdue comes into this sunday afternoon matchup banged up after a tough loss @ Ohio St. in OT. Robbie Hummel (12.9, 7.5, 2.2) does it all for the boilermakers. He is listed as questionable for this game, but I expect him to very limited even if he does play. His stress fracture has gotten worse and won't be able to get in the middle of everything to get those important rebounds, which leads his team. Coach Painter will ask E'Twawn Moore (14.0, 4.7, 3.0) and JaJuan Johnson (13.3, 5.7, 0.7) to crash the glass more which will take away from their open looks off offensive rebounds. Also a side not Chris Kramer (4.9, 2.7, 2.4) does not seem comfortable wearing that mask protecting his nose. I notice him adjusting it alot and might affect him running the offense.

Illinois has been terrific @ home this season. 5-0 in conference w/ a average margin of victory of 14 points. Their only home loss all year was against Clemson by 2, who is in the top 10 and moving up after drumming Duke. Illinois is hungry after laying an egg @ Wisconsin last time out, which was a tough spot for them because it was must win for the Badgers. The offense is very balanced having 4 players in double figure scoring. Demetri McCamey (12.0, 2.7, 5.0), MikeTisdale (11.2, 3.9), Mike Davis (10.5, 7.4), and Trent Meacham (10.3, 2.6, 2.6). They do a great job passing the ball and really control the pace of the game.

Purdue wants to get out and run, but the Illini will turn this into a half court grind it out game. The Ilini will outwork the banged up boilermakers, and get the majority of the lose balls. Illinois has the edge on the inside and w/o an outstanding shooting effort from Purdue, the Fighting Illini will keep that home conf record perfect.

Lay the small number and pull for the home team.

Play Illinois -2
Risking $110 to win $100

Re: LKid's Plays 2/8

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR class=Sport_data><TD align=right></TD><TD align=left></TD></TR><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=MatchupDataLeft>LOUISVILLE CARDINALS</TD><TD class=MatchupDataRight>ST. JOHN'S RED STORM</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=Sport_data><TD class=MatchupRecordLeft>17-4</TD><TD class=MatchupRecordCenter>February 8, 1:30 PM | Carnesecca Arena</TD><TD class=MatchupRecordRight>12-10</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

St. John's is just simply over matched in this one. They haven't played bad @ home in conference going 3-2. However, they are catching a fired up Louisville team who is just going to take out their frustrations, stringing from that whooping @ home against UConn.

The Johnnies will have no answer for the length of the Cardinals, and this one is going to get ugly. Louisville has been the best road team in the Big East since joining the conference and that is simply because of defense. Nothing takes crowds out of games more than defense, and Louisville possess one of the best in the country.

Look for big games from Earl Clark, Samardo Samuels, and Edgar Sosa who will all have a ton of family in the famous Madision Square Garden arena.

Louisville will own the glass and the subs will be getting some time in this one.

Did I mention Pitino has had almost a full week to prepare (or should I say run these kids to death). Believe me they can't wait to play a game.

Lay the big number and watch the Cards get back on track in MSG.

Play Louisville -10.5
Risking $110 to win $100

Re: LKid's Plays 2/8

Ill-2 is my CBB Play of the year.

PSU is a very strong play for me as well. Don't be afraid of that one. PSU is tough at home and Wisky struggles on the road.