Is anyone playing anything in the Rookies/Sophmores game tonight?

choslamshe

EOG Master
Here's the previous results in this game:

2000 - Rookies 92, Sophomores 81 (OT)
2001 - Sophomores 121, Rookies 113
2002 - Rookies 103, Sophomores 97
2003 - Sophomores 132, Rookies 112
2004 - Sophomores 142, Rookies 118
2005 - Sophomores 133, Rookies 106
2006 - Sophomores 106, Rookies 96
2007 ? Sophomores 155, Rookies 114
2008 - Sophomores 136, Rookies 109

The current line for this game is the Sophomores -5 and the o/u is at 151.5.

Any thoughts on this?

Do they play 4x12 minute quarters in this game?

choslamshe

EOG Master
Re: Is anyone playing anything in the Rookies/Sophmores game tonight?

sorry, check that over/under...is 251.5

choslamshe

EOG Master

I personally think the Rookies have a shot at stopping the streak of sophomore wins. I think this could be a relatively "close" game and so it should go under this total.

only 2 of the last 9 have gone over this total.

I'll play very small on both Rookies +5 and Under 251.5

PassTheRock

EOG Master

THE RULES
Instead of the regulation four-quarter, 48-minute official NBA format, the game will be played in two 20-minute halves. Individual foul totals will be kept, but a player cannot foul out. A team will be in the penalty situation after 10 team fouls or after the second foul in the final two minutes of each half. In the event of a tie, there will be a two-minute overtime to determine the winner. The clock will stop after each successful field goal in the last minute of each half.

PassTheRock

EOG Master

The Participants
<!-- REAP --><!--startclickprintexclude--><!--tablemaker--><TABLE class=cnnTMbox cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=cnnIEBoxTitle>Rookie Team Roster </TD></TR><TR><TD class=cnnTMcontent><TABLE class=cnnTM cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width=550 border=0><TBODY><TR class=cnnIEHdrRowBG><TD class=cnnIEColHdrC>Player (Team)</TD><TD class=cnnIEColHdrC>Position</TD><TD class=cnnIEColHdrC>Height</TD><TD class=cnnIEColHdrC>Weight</TD><TD class=cnnIEColHdrC>School/Country</TD></TR><TR class=cnnIERowAltBG><TD class=cnnIEColTxtL>Michael Beasley (Heat)</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>F</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>6-9</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>245</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>Kansas State</TD></TR><TR><TD class=cnnIEColTxtL>Rudy Fernandez (Trail Blazers)</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>G-F</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>6-6</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>185</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>Spain</TD></TR><TR class=cnnIERowAltBG><TD class=cnnIEColTxtL>Marc Gasol (Grizzlies)</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>C</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>7-1</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>265</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>Spain</TD></TR><TR><TD class=cnnIEColTxtL>Eric Gordon (Clippers)</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>G</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>6-3</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>222</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>Indiana</TD></TR><TR class=cnnIERowAltBG><TD class=cnnIEColTxtL>Brook Lopez (Nets)</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>C</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>7-0</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>260</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>Stanford</TD></TR><TR><TD class=cnnIEColTxtL>O.J. Mayo (Grizzlies)</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>G</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>6-4</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>210</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>USC</TD></TR><TR class=cnnIERowAltBG><TD class=cnnIEColTxtL>Greg Oden (Trail Blazers)</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>C</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>7-0</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>285</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>Ohio State</TD></TR><TR><TD class=cnnIEColTxtL>Derrick Rose (Bulls)</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>G</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>6-3</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>190</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>Memphis</TD></TR><TR class=cnnIERowAltBG><TD class=cnnIEColTxtL>Russell Westbrook (Thunder)</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>G</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>6-3</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>187</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>UCLA</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=cnnTMfooter>Head Coach -- TBD
Assistant Coach -- Dwyane Wade</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!--/tablemaker--><!--tablemaker--><TABLE class=cnnTMbox cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=550 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=cnnIEBoxTitle>Sophomore Team roster </TD></TR><TR><TD class=cnnTMcontent><TABLE class=cnnTM cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width=550 border=0><TBODY><TR class=cnnIEHdrRowBG><TD class=cnnIEColHdrC>Player (Team)</TD><TD class=cnnIEColHdrC>Position</TD><TD class=cnnIEColHdrC>Height</TD><TD class=cnnIEColHdrC>Weight</TD><TD class=cnnIEColHdrC>School/Country</TD></TR><TR class=cnnIERowAltBG><TD class=cnnIEColTxtL>Aaron Brooks (Rockets)</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>G</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>6-0</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>161</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>Oregon</TD></TR><TR><TD class=cnnIEColTxtL>Wilson Chandler (Knicks)</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>F</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>6-8</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>220</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>DePaul</TD></TR><TR class=cnnIERowAltBG><TD class=cnnIEColTxtL>Kevin Durant (Thunder)</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>G-F</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>6-9</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>215</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>Texas</TD></TR><TR><TD class=cnnIEColTxtL>Jeff Green (Thunder)</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>F</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>6-9</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>235</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>Georgetown</TD></TR><TR class=cnnIERowAltBG><TD class=cnnIEColTxtL>Al Horford (Hawks)</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>F-C</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>6-10</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>245</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>Florida</TD></TR><TR><TD class=cnnIEColTxtL>Luis Scola (Rockets)</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>F-C</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>6-9</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>245</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>Argentina</TD></TR><TR class=cnnIERowAltBG><TD class=cnnIEColTxtL>Al Thornton (Clippers)</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>F</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>6-8</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>220</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>Florida State</TD></TR><TR><TD class=cnnIEColTxtL>Rodney Stuckey (Pistons)</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>G</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>6-5</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>205</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>Eastern Washington</TD></TR><TR class=cnnIERowAltBG><TD class=cnnIEColTxtL>Thaddeus Young (Sixers)</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>F</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>6-8</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>220</TD><TD class=cnnIEColTxtR>Georgia Tech</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

PassTheRock

EOG Master

I'm thinking rookies here. They're going to have a nice bench.

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

Looks like the rookies have a pretty decent squad and a little more depth. If anything I would take the points. Think I'll sit this one out.

munson15

I want winners...

Sophs have covered the number 6 years running, I'll lay the points or watch.

Apple

Banned

Sophs have covered the number 6 years running, I'll lay the points or watch.

Dont think that matters much here sir.. Entirely different situation here.

BTW I love the rookies in this one

Take the rookies ML here. $2.60 ? Beautiful odds....Especially considering the Sophs have no big men to contain Gasol and Oden... Only thing I'm afraid if is Durant going off and scoring 50..... Extremely capable of doing so tonight.

munson15

I want winners...

Dont think that matters much here sir.. Entirely different situation here.

BTW I love the rookies in this one
Just indicates to me that the second year players are more seasoned and may have even experienced All-Star weekend as rookies.:cheers

Take the rookies ML here. $2.60 ? Beautiful odds....Especially considering the Sophs have no big men to contain Gasol and Oden... Only thing I'm afraid if is Durant going off and scoring 50..... Extremely capable of doing so tonight.

I told myelf so...... DOH!

PassTheRock

EOG Master

Good thing I did not play what I wanted to play.