I can not stand banks, where is a good place to hold your cash without using one?

Re: I can not stand banks, where is a good place to hold your cash without using one?

I dug a hole when I was a kid in my parents lawn. I still have the metal box in it. I will stash it for you.

texansfan

EOG Master
Re: I can not stand banks, where is a good place to hold your cash without using one?

What's wrong with banks?

texansfan

EOG Master

How about this one SG?

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

:thumbsup

Last edited:

The Prophet

EOG Dedicated

FWIW:

Farmers? would bury their loot near the chicken coop where the birds were their alarm system; use your own resources, environment, ingenuity and imagination?then get back to us what you came up with.

Have you considered smaller well operated banks or the credit union options?

All financial institutions will be effected by a slowing economy, particularly areas with higher unemployment ratios.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Lend all your money to The Shrink and just get paid when you need it. If all the banks collapse, its his problem, he'll still be on the hook to pay you!

texansfan

EOG Master

I use a credit union and it's been fine. I've never had any problems with them at all.

mofome

Banned

I would trust Shrink with every cent ive got, both of them.

shdw01

EOG Dedicated

I hate to say it but in all seriousness, bank and brokers are where you should be putting the cash....

....last on the list should be your freezer, your anus, or under your bed (buddy of mine keeps all his gambling money in a coffee can)

If you don't want to keep your money in stuff like that, but something that will appreciate in value along with inflation......ie gold, diamonds, a share of shdw01's poker staking.....buy property, not cars, make love, not war......

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I would trust Shrink with every cent ive got, both of them.

:+textinb3

Its always better to lend money to people who have more money than you do. (as opposed to the other way around)

-Confucious

No overdrafts?
because people need cards to participate in the online economy, think about prepaids. . .

I guess I'm thinking about why he's thinking about this. . .

texansfan

EOG Master

No overdrafts?

I bank at the Houston Police Officers Federal Credit Union. They take great care of it's members. What they do if you have a checking acct is that they give you a cushion of $500 over your actual balance to cover any checks you may have written but can't cover.

I don't know of many people who still use checks but that's another story. If you dip into that $500 they will charge you $20 but you won't get any NSF fees from the merchant. They just pay the merchant and charge you the $20.

soli

EOG Dedicated

I always suggest to find a credit union. I haven't used a bank in 17 years

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1967390 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> 02-17-09, 11:11 PM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #8 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>mofome<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1967390", true); </SCRIPT>
Head Moderator

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1967390 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> Re: I can not stand banks, where is a good place to hold your cash without using one?
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by texansfan
What's wrong with banks?
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

bank of america is a group of crooks.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

From Mo's question concerning overdrafts it looks like he's been bouncing a few checks and then doesn't like getting charged for the NSF.

texansfan

EOG Master

Mo, you can always get a savings acct and an ATM card.

<table class="tborder" id="post1967390" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="thead" style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(43, 41, 94); border-width: 1px 0px 1px 1px; font-weight: normal;"> 02-17-09, 11:11 PM </td><td class="thead" style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(43, 41, 94); border-width: 1px 1px 1px 0px; font-weight: normal;" align="right"> #8 </td></tr><tr valign="top"><td class="alt2" style="border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(43, 41, 94); border-width: 0px 1px;" width="175">mofome<script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1967390", true); </script>
Head Moderator

</td><td class="alt1" id="td_post_1967390" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(43, 41, 94);"> Re: I can not stand banks, where is a good place to hold your cash without using one?
<hr style="color: rgb(43, 41, 94);" size="1">Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;">Originally Posted by texansfan
What's wrong with banks?
</td></tr></tbody></table>

bank of america is a group of crooks.
</td></tr></tbody></table>

From Mo's question concerning overdrafts it looks like he's been bouncing a few checks and then doesn't like getting charged for the NSF.

Mo's a young guy. We were all young guys at one time . Who here didn't bounce checks when they were a young guy? ? As a matter of fact, the wise guys should just open a bank and "fugget about it" regarding all the illegal shit. Banks can just confiscate your money through "fees" and its all legal-like. . .

I use a credit union and it's been fine. I've never had any problems with them at all.

same here, i never go there though. Just use debit card to get $$$

Peoples Champ

EOG Member

Mr. Mofome,

I too hate banks. I am now a member of a couple of credit unions and would recommend you joining one. A credit union is a much better option than my second suggestion. The second suggestion being putting your money in a bag and dropping it in a pot with a couple cobras. Saving money should be a cinch with the cobra option but it may be costly if you ever decide to make a drunken wager.

PC

Tuckman

Uh Poster

henney that name sucks, just use the avatar under your name...

texansfan

EOG Master

same here, i never go there though. Just use debit card to get $$$

Yep, debit/credit card is the way to go. I had to pay my homeowners dues last month and I called to see if they could debit my acct. They advised I would have to send a check. I wasn't even sure I had a checkbook anywhere.

Yep, debit/credit card is the way to go. I had to pay my homeowners dues last month and I called to see if they could debit my acct. They advised I would have to send a check. I wasn't even sure I had a checkbook anywhere.

lmao, i haven't written a check in a long time as well

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Good luck

BOA's run is on thin ice

Reagan + Clinton + Bloomberg + Greenspan + Bush43 = COMPLETE FUCKAGE

The dam is getting ready to burst as the Deriatives Ponzi gig can take the entire world down

Go look at the underlying numbers .....

My shoes have always worked well when needed to hold cash! :)

patswin

EOG Veteran

Other good thing about credit unions are their debit cards tend to work at many offshore books than big banks like chase and citibank.

roseman

EOG Dedicated

Credit Unions are the way to go for sure.

felonee

EOG Veteran

Safety deposit box / utility stocks

betfirstclass

EOG Dedicated

I"D GO WITH

A. MR Sanderson's Idea

B> Safe Dep Box

C. B-F-C

Other good thing about credit unions are their debit cards tend to work at many offshore books than big banks like chase and citibank.

lol, i think mine prolly will also. But i don't want them to get mad and take away my card.

I hate them too.

Can someone tell me why they put a 7 day old on personal checks? I wrote a check out of one of my accounts to another, and it cleared in 2 days, but the fuckers wouldn't let me have any funds for 7 business days

benny0420

EOG Dedicated

I hate them too.

Can someone tell me why they put a 7 day old on personal checks? I wrote a check out of one of my accounts to another, and it cleared in 2 days, but the fuckers wouldn't let me have any funds for 7 business days

They aren't getting other bills paid by their customers so they make damn good and sure that they aren't going to be screwed on a personal check.

JMO

Understand that, but makes no sense when the check is paid. It's not like it's on a international account or some shit.

The same bank did this shit to me when I had a check from Canada......it was a 45 day hold, after the fact that I call the bank in Montreal and they said it was cleared.

They stalled for an additional 35 days after it cleared.

That same bank, has not went belly up and bought out by PNC. Maybe things will be different now.

I'd change banks but it would be a major pain in the ass. I have all my business shit coming out on automatic withdrawal
They aren't getting other bills paid by their customers so they make damn good and sure that they aren't going to be screwed on a personal check.

JMO