Anybody familiar with this CBB betting syndicate?

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere
Re: Anybody familiar with this CBB betting syndicate?

I may be way off base here but if you have a game at say +1.5 that cashes 53% of the time and buy 3 points you would be catching the 2,3,&4. Looking at Ganche's ATS push frequencies the 2 pushes 3.92% of the time, 3 pushes 3.84% of the time, and 4 pushes 3.5% of the time. Total from those 3 numbers is 11.26% making the new play around 64%. Flat betting and hitting 53% over 100 wagers at -110 pays +1.3 units...hitting 64% over 100 plays at -170 pays +2.8 units.

That would just be my basic thinking to the matter. Probably way off base.

munson15

I want winners...

I may be way off base here but if you have a game at say +1.5 that cashes 53% of the time and buy 3 points you would be catching the 2,3,&4. Looking at Ganche's ATS push frequencies the 2 pushes 3.92% of the time, 3 pushes 3.84% of the time, and 4 pushes 3.5% of the time. Total from those 3 numbers is 11.26% making the new play around 64%. Flat betting and hitting 53% over 100 wagers at -110 pays +1.3 units...hitting 64% over 100 plays at -170 pays +2.8 units.

That would just be my basic thinking to the matter. Probably way off base.
That actually makes a lot of sense to me.:cheers

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

If you are a great handicapper, why the need to buy points? Please splain lucy

J

joeybagadonuts

OSU is right with him math on this, I agree you have a slight edge buying 3 pts @170

Oh, and you're also very right about ATX being a winner gambler. I've trailed him for 5+ years in many sports and he does really well. He's also a master of money management. He was one of the guys I learned from when I first came to the forums and it changed me from being a guy that lost his balance every few weeks to one that has been grinding the same post up $ for years.

12io4j2w90

B

Bruce Dickinson

I think OSU is right, I can see the value now - using the sharpness of the line to your advantage, like NFL 6pt teasers.

Doesn't sound like most of the big boys are too keen on giving an extra 3 points, further proof of the effectiveness which is probably why these guys are playing with mostly inexperienced locals

Halifax

EOG Senior Member

No actually he isn't. I was and still am correct. His statement is not profitable, especially assuming he ever likes small favorites. I offered to start a class if needed.

Actually, Royalfan, you're wrong this time.

If you can buy 3 full points (6 half points) in college basketball, and only pay -170 for it, you can print your own money ... especially if you can pick and choose which games you bet (more specifically, games with certain spreads).

If you don't believe me, just check the Pinnacle pull-down menus .. you can SELL a 1/2 point to them for at least 10 cents on basically every spread except the '1' ... and as you get further and further away from the 'correct' spread, each half-point becomes more valuable (in other words, worth quite a bit more than 10 cents each).

B

Bruce Dickinson

It would seem the biggest value is on the small dogs....

Halifax

EOG Senior Member

If you don't believe me, just check the Pinnacle pull-down menus .. you can SELL a 1/2 point to them for at least 10 cents on basically every spread except the '1' ... and as you get further and further away from the 'correct' spread, each half-point becomes more valuable (in other words, worth quite a bit more than 10 cents each).

And if Pinnacle is willing to PAY YOU 10-11-12 cents per half-point, then you know they have to be worth a cent or two or three more than that.

And that's just for the first half-point or full point off of the 'correct' spread ... the next few half-points are worth even more than that.

sean1

EOG Dedicated

Betfirstclass - I'd be happy to post up $10,000 if you'll let me bet CBB and NBA with 3 extra points for -170.

This debate is just stupid.

Sean

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Actually, Royalfan, you're wrong this time.

If you can buy 3 full points (6 half points) in college basketball, and only pay -170 for it, you can print your own money ... especially if you can pick and choose which games you bet (more specifically, games with certain spreads).

No, I stand by my statement, that if every play OSU makes was getting 3 extra he would be missing out on some lines he normally would be able to play or be making "some" horrible wagers. Although I perfectly understand what you are saying. Was a very long thread at the rx one time and the pinny dropdown was the exact basis of my argument so I do understand that aspect very well I believe.

For him to say that he can do better buying three for -170 on any line for every bet he ever makes is not correct. You had a 4 point line at pinny, that he would be laying -1 at -170 while the moneyline was -170. Spurs game today to be exact. That is just one of many examples that he would be getting the worse of it doing it that way. Not arguing whether there are certain times it is better or not, as I honestly do not know for sure, but will trust Raycabino when he says it is. But I do know for sure that you are not doing it on every wager like OSU says he would do. He would either have to pass on lines that would otherwise be good values, or be getting the worst of it in relation to what he could have not laying the -170. That much I do know.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Betfirstclass - I'd be happy to post up $10,000 if you'll let me bet CBB and NBA with 3 extra points for -170.

Sean

I agree it is stupid. Very stupid to say that you are better off laying -1 at -170 than playing the same thing on the moneyline at -170.

BigDaddy

EOG Master

this is still being debated? like halifax said pinny

its like printing money if a book lets you buy 3 points and lay -170 on games you choose to do so:doh1

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

this is still being debated? like halifax said pinny

its like printing money if a book lets you buy 3 points and lay -170 on games you choose to do so:doh1

Choose to do so being the key words. Other times it is horrific, therefore making all wagers that way as OSU said would force you to pass on good bets you would otherwise make or take the ass end of the line on those games.

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

If this theory is correct then playing the ML on any 3-4 pt fave would be like printing money.

tonite at CRIS

SA -3- ML -165

NO -3 ML -155

Princeton -3 ML -150

BTW NO won by 2 tonite. SA lost straight up. Princeton lost.

Those were the only games on the board that you could do this with tonite. Not saying the theory is right or wrong, just checking tonite's games.

mofome

Banned

read through this. great discussion. Love the chance to pickup a few things. I would have to read through a few more times to get it all, but I have enjoyed the thread so far.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

here is your quote: "Fact.

I never said it was. It can be made into a +EV situation given certain parameters, however. Not everyone understands the math behind it.

I would love anyone here who thinks I am off my rocker to book my action for a couple months. I would play nothing but -170 plays buying 3 points"

Instead of just telling people they are wrong and you are right.. why dont you explain it? show us the math.. that is if YOU can..

Its not nuclear launch codes big guy.. maybe stop acting like you have the key to the vault but you cant let them know

:pop:

the voice

EOG Senior Member

No, I stand by my statement, that if every play OSU makes was getting 3 extra he would be missing out on some lines he normally would be able to play or be making "some" horrible wagers. Although I perfectly understand what you are saying. Was a very long thread at the rx one time and the pinny dropdown was the exact basis of my argument so I do understand that aspect very well I believe.

For him to say that he can do better buying three for -170 on any line for every bet he ever makes is not correct. You had a 4 point line at pinny, that he would be laying -1 at -170 while the moneyline was -170. Spurs game today to be exact. That is just one of many examples that he would be getting the worse of it doing it that way. Not arguing whether there are certain times it is better or not, as I honestly do not know for sure, but will trust Raycabino when he says it is. But I do know for sure that you are not doing it on every wager like OSU says he would do. He would either have to pass on lines that would otherwise be good values, or be getting the worst of it in relation to what he could have not laying the -170. That much I do know.
what about instead of buying the spurs down to -1 buy the other side up to +7 -170 since that looks like it would make more sense in this spot:+clueless

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

what about instead of buying the spurs down to -1 buy the other side up to +7 -170 since that looks like it would make more sense in this spot:+clueless

Under the OSU theory of making every play a -170 play if a book allowed it, then that would be the only way he could go on the game without getting ass ended on the line. You are correct.

However, if it was determined that SA was the side that was getting the best of it that game as he puts it, then he would have to pass(missing an opportunity in the process, as he would be turning down a positive EV play on them) or take the ass end of the line at -1 -170, when he could have had pick at -170.

betfirstclass

EOG Dedicated

Let me try to "END" this 2.5 day Debate

BOTH

Royal & OSU are correct

if OSU bought 3-points on every-single game he would go broke as ROYAL states ..........

However, in conversation with O-S-U he would be very very very "Selective" on the games he played @ -170 & typically would be betting games 1/2 OR 1 full point better than closing Market so In Essence would be gettng 3.5 4.0 OR even 4.5 points @ - 170

I used the exact same logic with him that Ican bet -3.5 FAVS @ -155 @ pinny ALLL DAY LONG

Basically it would work like this games that some OFF WALL BOOK had +1.5 like that AUSTIN PEAY Yesterday, which I frankly never saw them a dog, but let's "Pretend" they were, OSU would play AP +4.5 -170 lines CLOSES PK so now the man has 4.5 points the best of it @ -170

That said most software charges you more than 10-cents after the first, second, OR third HALF---POINT you Purchase .........

FINAL ANSWER = ROYAL AND O-S-U are Both correct

:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

munson15

I want winners...

Sean
I appreciate your enthusiasm, but this debate is certainly NOT stupid. Please allow those of us who are interested a chance to learn something without calling the whole exercise 'stupid.' Thanks.:cheers

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but this debate is certainly NOT stupid. Please allow those of us who are interested a chance to learn something without calling the whole exercise 'stupid.' Thanks.:cheers

It is certainly not stupid to discuss the value of 3 points because if you look at what PINNACLE is OFFERING to pay you if you sacrifice a half point in HOOPS, it is usually in the neighborhood of at least 10 cents and often, it is more...

munson15

I want winners...

So the real problem you had with OSU was that he was speaking in absolutes? The concept is interesting, I'm sure he meant in the right situations, not that any line could be moved 3 points at -170.

munson15

I want winners...

It is certainly not stupid to discuss the value of 3 points because if you look at what PINNACLE is OFFERING to pay you if you sacrifice a half point in HOOPS, it is usually in the neighborhood of at least 10 cents and often, it is more...
Thanks, I am willing to admit I have a lot to learn, but I would enjoy learning it without the thread being demeaned. I think you understand where I'm coming from. I love when we have a discussion like this, it is very interesting to the technically inclinced, but the layman can learn a lot, too.:cheers

munson15

I want winners...

Perfect example of what Shrink is talking about is today's Bowling Green/Buffalo game, #535 on your rotation sheet. The line is Buffalo -8, to receive 8.5 on Bowling Green, you lay -116, to get the 9, you pay an extra 14 cents! That ought to tell you something very interesting.

p.s. Forgot to mention, the juice on the -8 was -105.

Blackcloud

EOG Dedicated

read through this. great discussion. Love the chance to pickup a few things. I would have to read through a few more times to get it all, but I have enjoyed the thread so far.

Me too Mo. Beats the hell out of the who is a stiff thread.

Royal.....it's more than just flipping a coin and choosing a side and buying the 3 points.
OSU may have come off like that is how it is, but in is later post, it is anything but that.

You know, you act as if you know everything, you have a huge inferiority complex. While you seem very well rounded there is always room to learn.

Up to OSU if he wants to be shown the flaws. He is the one that said if a book would give him -170 getting three points, he would make every single play that way. So either he would be missing opportunities on certain games, or he would be making some horribly stupid wagers. Cannot be both ways. That is sort of the lesson preview. Will leave it to him if he wants to be shown why he is wrong. It is his theory after all. This isn't about already getting the best of it, as any good gambler is doing that anyway. This is about that it certainly is not smart to get 3 extra in all instances as OSU said it was, by saying he would make every play that way.

cris4700

EOG Member

Two questions: Where can I find (Ganche's ATS push frequencies) mentioned on an earlier post?

What if you can only buy 2 points, is the advantage found when buying 3 points or more, or can buying 2 points be beneficial?

munson15

I want winners...

Two questions: Where can I find (Ganche's ATS push frequencies) mentioned on an earlier post?

What if you can only buy 2 points, is the advantage found when buying 3 points or more, or can buying 2 points be beneficial?
I've had some luck fading two point line moves, so I consider the 2 significant. Probably should have someone more learned than me chime in though.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

I don't care what sport or type of wagering you want to do the simple fact that someone says they can win at gambling laying -170 on his wagers in itself obviously wrong.

I don't need any math to tell me no bettor can make money laying -170 on every bet he makes.

I happen to know a few bettors who tried this (buying 3 points) and stopped (after losing) and they were supposed to be some of the sharpest bettors around.

It's not rocket science guys :doh1

Royalfan is 100% correct on this

high times you are just so wrong on this.... if it is an overlay situation on a -170 price you rally cant lose long term if you are using money management... that is true for any overlay situation... now granted u have to have a system or knowledge to be sure that you can handicap and find an overlay..if you are betting -170 on something that is actually -160 to occur that will not work..What OSU is doing is betting -170 on an event that is actually -200 to occur...ie positive ROI...

Boston

EOG Dedicated

obviously if you can beat the line move consistently This system could be very valuable. If I pick up mavs today -7 buy three to -4 and the line moves mavs -9 I paid 60 cents for 5 points and I'm not sure if anyone wouldn't take that every time they made a wager

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

I'll do my best here to shed some light on this situation. Keep in mind that this discussion is on CBB even though the same concepts apply for the NBA though the push rates on some #s are different.

Any wager made at -110 has to hit at a 52.38% rate (110/210) to break even. Any wager made at -170 has to hit at a 62.96% rate (170/270) to break even. So the 3 points you are buying have to be worth 10.58% (the difference between 52.38% and 62.96%) or more to make buying the 3 points a better proposition than just playing the market # at -110. FWIW, each half point you buy after the 1st theoretically cost less than the last though it seems you are paying the same 10 cents for each half a point. Let me show you how this works. A bet made at -100 has to hit 50% (100/200) of the time to breakeven. At -110 the bet has to hit at 52.38% (110/210)to break even. So those 10 cents are worth 2.38% (the difference between 50% and 52.38%). Here are the following 10 cent buy break even rates:
-100 50% (100/200)
-110 52.38% (110/210) 2.38% more
-120 54.55% (120/220) 2.17% more
-130 56.52% (130/230) 1.97% more
-140 58.33% (140/240) 1.81% more
-150 60% (150/250) 1.67% more
-160 61.54% (160/260) 1.54% more
-170 62.96% (170/270) 1.42% more

So as you can see here the farther you get away from -100 the less the cents are worth. Another words all cents are not equal and generally speaking the more points you can buy in sequence the better being that you are theoretically paying less for each additional half a point.

I've ran numerous ranges on my cbb database last night to be sure not to misinform here in this post. The conclusion I have come to is that it is better to buy the 3 points from -110 to -170 with all favs between 4.5 and 20 and all dogs between 1.5 and 17 in CBB. Once the fav gets over 20 the samples get small and I don't trust the data as much though it does start to indicate that the points start becoming worth a little less once the spread gets that high. The thing you want to avoid when buying 3 points is buying the 1 or zero because the 1 is worth less than the 2-20(meaning less games land on 1 than 2,3,4,5,etc) individual and the zero is obviously worth 0 (being that a game can't land on 0 via OT). Generally speaking all the points from 2-20 are roughly worth 4% with the exception of the 3 being worth close to 5%. I've come to this conclusion by running ranges of games that correspond to the given pointspread. EX For a 5 point fav I ran all games with favs between -2 and -8. In this 2833 game sample the fav covers -5 49.7% of the time. Now when I make this a -2 point favorite using this same set of 2833 game the fav covers the -2 63.5% of the time. So this bet at -2 is 13.8% (difference between 63.5% and 49.7%)better than the bet at -5 and you are only paying 10.58% going from -110 to -170 (shown in the paragraph above). This example from -5 to -2 same as the dog going from +2 to +5 is one of very few where you can show a profit long term from just single handedly buying the 3 points. Another words if -5 is a 50% proposition then buying 3 points down to -2 would be a 63.8% proposition being that those 3 points are worth 13.8% (shown above). We saw above that at -170 you have to hit 62.96% to break even and now this bet at -2 hits at 63.8% making this a +EV bet solely by buying 3 valuable points. Tack on a 1-2% opinion (meaning you handicapping gives the 5 point fav a small edge) and you now have a pretty damn good bet at -2 -170.

All other consecutive 3 point sequences that are between 2-20 that don't include the slightly heavier 3 are worth approx 12% (4-7,6-9,10-13,11-14, etc). So it is better in all of those spots to buy the 3 points being that we are only paying 10.58% (see above)for the extra 12% in winners we pick up.

Now the extreme worst situation to buy these points would be crossing the zero. Going from -1.5 -110 to +1.5 -170 would be about the worst thing ou could ever do being that you are essential buying a completely worthless point ion the 0, and the 2 most worthless points after that being the -1 and +1. In this example you would be gaining about 6% with the buy being that those 1's are worth about 3% each and paying 10.58% for them thus making your bet 4.58% (difference between 10.58% and 6%) worse buying than it originally was.

Sidenote: Playing with different total ranges I unexpectedly found that it barely changed the value of the points you are buying if any at all.

Long story short (too late for that) is that most of the time it is correct to buy 3 pts for 10 cents a half point in cbb but not all of the time. I hope this sheds a little light on this subject.:cheers

Boston

EOG Dedicated

The main value I see in that mavs game is the fact that you have ran through the 7 and 5 I'm not sure any books will allow this at that price