Re: Ok Munson & Sportsgirl .." What Golfer am I??"

That Major I had the lead on the 12th hole

bogeyed the last 3 holes and a finish where the HOFer who won made
one of the most memorable shots in golf

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Played in nearly 200 PGA events

broke my hand and that ended my career ....

won a Long running Amater event in the 60s that has winners such as
Woody Austin, Tom Lehman, Frank Beard, Jerry Barber and current PGA
tour member George McNeil

Ah ... the 72 Masters when Nicholas won ... Jim johnson? Jim james ... something like that!!! Geez, I was only like 4!!!

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

way to gooo SG ... excellent!!!! Jim Jamieson was from my home town and I remember the 72 PGA ....

get this ... big storm hits and knocks out tv service while he is leading !!!

Munson would never have got this one ... he would have been firing out"

"Was it Gene Sarazen?"

"Was it Patty Berg?"

GOOD JOB ...

Jim Jamieson

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
<!-- start content --> <table style="padding: 0.5em 0pt 0.8em 1.4em; background: transparent none repeat scroll 0% 0%; clear: right; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial; float: right; margin-bottom: 0.5em; width: auto;" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody> <tr> <td> <table class="toc" id="toc" summary="Contents"> <tbody> <tr> <td> Contents

[hide]

</td></tr></tbody></table> <script type="text/javascript"> //<![CDATA[ if (window.showTocToggle) { var tocShowText = "show"; var tocHideText = "hide"; showTocToggle(); } //]]> </script> </td></tr></tbody></table> James A. Jamieson (born April 21, 1943) is an American professional golfer who played on the PGA Tour in the 1970s.
Jamieson was born in Kalamazoo, Michigan and raised in Moline, Illinois. He started playing golf at age 7 at Oakwood Country Club in Moline. He attended Oklahoma State University and was a member of the 1963 NCAA Championship golf team. Jamieson served in Vietnam before joining the PGA Tour in 1970.
Jamieson played in about 180 PGA Tour events from 1970?1978. His career year was 1972 when he won the Western Open and had eight other top-10 finishes in PGA Tour events including a T-5 at The Masters and a T-2 at the PGA Championship. He had four top-6 finishes in major championships between 1971?1973. Jamieson also played in the 1972 World Cup that was held in Melbourne, Australia.
Jamieson was forced to retire from the PGA Tour after he fell and broke his hand at a hotel in Phoenix in 1977. After the injury, he became the head club pro at the Greenbrier Hotel in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia, a position once held by Sam Snead. He also chaired the Ryder Cup when it was held at the Greenbrier in 1979. He later held club pro positions in Ohio, Florida and Arizona; and also owned two golf courses for about 6 years. Today Jamieson is the Director of Golf at Whitewater Golf Club in Thunder Bay, Ontario during the summer months, and works at Fairways Golf Center in Goodyear, Arizona during the winter months.<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-0">[1]</sup>

[edit] Amateur wins (2)

• [*]1961 Waterloo Amateur
    [*]1967 Illinois State Amateur

[edit] PGA Tour wins (1)