HOW DO YOU BET PRESEASON BASEBALL?

I hear guys talk about how this can be very profitable, but yet havent read any relevant ideas as to how this is done or what to look for that is the most important factor.....please share thoughts.

munson15

I want winners...
Re: HOW DO YOU BET PRESEASON BASEBALL?

I don't bet it, but, like you, I've heard others brag about their results.

PalmTree

EOG Dedicated

I make my living betting baseball and I don't touch preseason unless I am at the park andknow who is scheduled to pitch every inning. Unless you know that, you are just guessing.

I'd say taking dogs and fading popular teams would be a good start.

Palme Tree.....how do you know what relievers are slated to pitch that night.....It would depend on matchups/etc.....no?

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

Find local sports pages online and find out the pitching rotation for the day. They also usually tell you what stars will be taking the day off.

DefenseWins

EOG Veteran

Never bet it. I try and be selective in my wagers and betting on preseason is a no-no for me.

PalmTree

EOG Dedicated

Many times local newspapers will tell you who is scheduled to throw. But they are rarely 100% accurate. For example the NY Post may say that Pettitte is starting and Bruney is expected to pitch and Rivera will also throw an inning, but they don't tell you that some kid from AA is going to throw the 5th and 6th innings. It's almost impossible to get good info unless you're at the game. I go to a game every day in Arizina in March, and many times the coaches will tell you if you ask them before the game. But I rarely bet a spring game. I wouldn't recommend it.