"sharps forum" aka "think tank" type of forum

Re: "sharps forum" aka "think tank" type of forum

I think no plays should be posted there. Strategies, ideas, theories, statistical analysis type stuff only.

People posting plays would only cause problems with peoples egos I think.

Tech Tank is a GREAT name Joey!

J

joeybagadonuts

You want something catchy like 'the asylum', or the 'rubber room', etc"?

You could simply call it "Advanced Handicapping" or something like that, with a more detailed description of what exactly "Advanced Handicapping" is.

cheapseats

EOG Master

I think no plays should be posted there. Strategies, ideas, theories, statistical analysis type stuff only.

Good idea, but how do you discuss all of the above without teams named in a wager-like atmosphere.

J

joeybagadonuts

I like that. You can explain why you think you should make a play in a certain situation based on some strategy, trend, analysis, etc, but people posting their daily picks, those could stay in the appropriate forums. This serves two purposes, it drives the crowd from the "what ever you wanna call it new forum" to each individual sport forum to bring up traffic there, and it keeps the types of threads OSU posted above "clean".

:cheers

J

joeybagadonuts

Good idea, but how do you discuss all of the above without teams named in a wager-like atmosphere.

I don't foresee people being upset about posters saying why they plan to make a play on a certain team based on specific info in a thread in the new forum, just no "official look at me" record keeping type threads.

mofome

Banned

i think giving thoughts on individual games each day would prove valuable and help keep it active. Many of the opinions people have and the way they look at things will not change from day to day, but the games are different every day and the break downs of those games will change. helps keep us getting new activity/views and interest.

mofome

Banned

advanced handicapping
tech tank

those are the suggestions we have so far.

munson15

I want winners...

How about "EOG Tech" like a school name? Also, would distinguish it from similar forums at other sites.

ATX

I think maybe we have some tracking software in there, for angles, scenarios, etc. that someone brings up. Hard to see what works going FORWARD without tracking the 'what.'
I also like Joey's name "Tech Tank." or maybe "Texas Tech tanks..."

ATX

...for instance...majority of posters know about "fading the public." It's blown a little out of proportion IMO. I do like to be on the opposite side, especially in certain situations but I think it would be a very do-able idea to track it. Using multiple sources, using best of number, worst of number, vs 'sharp' moves for/against...all kinds of tweaks possible. Information is power, good posters are not necessarily looking for the Holy Grail, but are looking for odds and ends that intelligize decisions. And I'm not saying that is actually a word.

Majman

EOG Enthusiast

Does anyone have historical date to determine total % wins ATS for home dogs, home faves, home underdogs and home faves? I have always thought that a home dog would be the highest % winner but never had statistics to back that up. Someone out there much come out with data like this and for other similar historical trends.

munson15

I want winners...

91023i2ndw;l
Thanks Mo. I was thinking just as Texas Tech was originally Texas Technological College, we are shortening Eye On Gambling Technical School, to EOG Tech.:+textinb3

jwunderdog

EOG Addicted

Does anyone have historical date to determine total % wins ATS for home dogs, home faves, home underdogs and home faves? I have always thought that a home dog would be the highest % winner but never had statistics to back that up. Someone out there much come out with data like this and for other similar historical trends.

Everytime I have ever looked at this data over an extended period of time the underdog usually hits just over 50% and I mean just over. So of very little use.

mofome

Banned

from this season or further back?

Majman

EOG Enthusiast

It would be nice to see this info on an annual basis, by sport. Someone must publish this.

...for instance...majority of posters know about "fading the public." It's blown a little out of proportion IMO. I do like to be on the opposite side, especially in certain situations but I think it would be a very do-able idea to track it. Using multiple sources, using best of number, worst of number, vs 'sharp' moves for/against...all kinds of tweaks possible. Information is power, good posters are not necessarily looking for the Holy Grail, but are looking for odds and ends that intelligize decisions. And I'm not saying that is actually a word.

Agreed. Betting against the public 65% and over has been disastrous in the NBA this year.

Great Idea I would love to pick the brains of a few folks here.

trapper

EOG Member

Once baseball starts, I'll gladly post some information from within baseball that I may find out before it's ever released to the national media, or not released at all.

It would be fun and possibly very beneficial to everyone.
I have a lot of respect for this post. I can not wait for baseball. If I can survive the rest of this crazy hoops action, I will be very interested in some inside scoop. Thanks. :+waving-5

mofome

Banned

I have a lot of respect for this post. I can not wait for baseball. If I can survive the rest of this crazy hoops action, I will be very interested in some inside scoop. Thanks. :+waving-5

mofome

Banned

could we just call it

the den

should we vote on picks being made in that forum? criteria for those picks? I mean sometimes there will be a game written up/discussed and there could be a pick in that discussion i would assume.

could we just call it

the den

should we vote on picks being made in that forum? criteria for those picks? I mean sometimes there will be a game written up/discussed and there could be a pick in that discussion i would assume.

Maybe be able to include a situation where your "advantage play" arises.

Other than that, allowing straight picks might cause more problems than it would create solutions.

mofome

Banned

here or in the forum itself?

we will open soon. no names coming up.

eog tech
tech tank

?

we need a fitting description as well.

BigDaddy

EOG Master

what is wrong with handicapper think tank?

sbr has one named that
majorwager has one named that

why try and come up with a goofy name?

makes no sense.

just name it what its intended to be

a handicappers think tank:cheers

mofome

Banned

nothing wrong with it, but I wouldn't mind have a more distinctive name. We're not suggesting anything goofy here. Not as if someone is thinking about calling it

"Taddddow! The winns section you biatch fucks!"

BigDaddy

EOG Master

Squares Anonymous sounds good.

on one hand you act like you want to help the uneducated gamblers then on the other you make fun of 99% of the posters that are going to be reading the forum:+clueless

on one hand you act like you want to help the uneducated gamblers then on the other you make fun of 99% of the posters that are going to be reading the forum:+clueless

I hate the internet. Sometimes sarcasm can be difficult to pick up on. 12io4j2w90

To clear the record, I was funning. :+waving-5

munson15

I want winners...

I still like EOG Tech. Of course, that was my suggestion. I also agree with the poster who said no picks, that's for the respective forums, IMO.

nothing wrong with it, but I wouldn't mind have a more distinctive name. We're not suggesting anything goofy here. Not as if someone is thinking about calling it

"Taddddow! The winns section you biatch fucks!"

:+textinb3

Anything with the word "TADOW" will be fine, thank you.

mofome

Banned

we'll open tomorrow morning.

we'll start opened as eog tech and vote on a name and discuss other policies: plays etc.

You have asked for it, you got it.

mofome

Banned

its open, i see no one there. kinda why it wasnt there before.

Boston

EOG Dedicated

I like the idea of having picks in there. If you make a pick and discuss the reasoning behind it I think that can be very helpful in seeing how people have come to that conclusion instead of just saying I like the celts because I'm from Boston. Learning through examples is always helpful