Vick to be home soon, approved for early release!

Re: Vick to be home soon, approved for early release!

I hope someone puts some angry pit bulls at his house to greet him :devil:

Tuckman

Uh Poster

i'm sure the whole steelers team are a buncha saints..

move on!

tripp

EOG Master

Excited to see this guy back on the field. Could definitely use him on the Jets if they aren't going to move up and draft either Stafford or Sanchez.

i'm sure the whole steelers team are a buncha saints..

move on!

I've never gotten the two wrongs make it right philosophy. :+clueless

Do you not agree with the punishment that the government decided was fair and just in Michael's case?

Whether the punishement was right or not, people, especially kids, look up to athletes and I think they should take a stand about allowing convicted felons into these organizations. People such as Vick, Leonard Little, etc., should be on a lifetime ban, imo.

mofome

Banned

hadnt seen this thread, just made one.

vick will be shot soon hopefully.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

do not pass go proceed past the halfway house (as its somehow to full) and head home to the comfort of your house!

tripp

EOG Master

What's with the hate for Vick people? He did his time and should be allowed back into the league, it's that simple. I look forward to seeing him back on the field and electrifying the game again.

GM's know this guy WILL fill seats, so he WILL be playing in the NFL again very shortly.

High Times

EOG Master

Does he even have a home left or is he staying with his moma and his better half Marcus?

The big question is will the NFL let him play this year or are they going to keep him suspended for another year?

I say the league caves in and lets him play this year because there are a lot of sick people who will still have a reason to root for him.

I will root for him to get his leg broken in half on his first running play. That would be cool.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I've never gotten the two wrongs make it right philosophy. :+clueless

Whether the punishement was right or not, people, especially kids, look up to athletes and I think they should take a stand about allowing convicted felons into these organizations. People such as Vick, Leonard Little, etc., should be on a lifetime ban, imo.

So you are saying that you think the government made a mistake and his jail sentence, financial punishments and other stuff wasn't sufficient?

Also, the kids looking up to Vick is not a vick problem, that's a you problem. Right?

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

The Shrink offered a Moderator job to help his get back on his feet

just reporting what Rome just said

So you are saying that you think the government made a mistake and his jail sentence, financial punishments and other stuff wasn't sufficient?

Also, the kids looking up to Vick is not a vick problem, that's a you problem. Right?

I didn't say that at all. And it's not "me" problem, it's an NFL, MLB, NBA, ect., problem. If they can have drug rules, conduct rules, etc., for member players, then they can have a rule banning convicted felons from playing in their leagues.

JC

EOG Veteran

I didn't say that at all. And it's not "me" problem, it's an NFL, MLB, NBA, ect., problem. If they can have drug rules, conduct rules, etc., for member players, then they can have a rule banning convicted felons from playing in their leagues.

If they have a rule against felons, I don't t hink it is being enforced. This book is about 10 years old, but look at the description:

http://www.amazon.com/Pros-Cons-Criminals-Who-Play/dp/0446607479

Amazon.com Review
Startling in its breadth, Benedict and Yaeger's investigation into the off-the-field violence and criminal behavior that pervades the culture of professional football is as eye opening as it is disturbing. That these guys get into trouble is nothing new, but when their offenses are collected in one place--with mug shots, court records, police reports, and interviews with arresting officers--the effect is as surreal as the statistics: 21 percent of the NFL's players have been charged with a serious crime.
How serious? The docket begins with assault, rape, and domestic violence and keeps spiraling out of control. These are not just blind allegations; the authors name names and match felonies to players. Some of the better-known examples: Cornelius Bennett--rape and sexual assault; Cortez Kennedy--domestic violence; Michael Irvin--cocaine and marijuana possession; Nate Newton--sexual assault; Warren Moon--domestic violence; Jake Plummer--sexual abuse; Andre Rison--aggravated assault; Bruce Smith--driving under the influence; and Deion Sanders--aggravated assault, disorderly convict, trespassing, and battery.

Yet, as disturbing as the names and numbers are, Benedict and Yaeger's contention, backed by exhaustive research, is even worse: the league pretty much looks away, tacitly condoning the havoc caused by these overpaid, coddled men-children, whose very propensity for unchecked mayhem fills stadiums on Sunday. But, then, in the NFL's view of things, football is the law. Make no mistake about Pros and Cons though; as sensational as much of it is, this is a serious work with serious footnotes compiled by serious journalists, who, in the end, do something the game's establishment has avoided: they offer a detailed "Game Plan" for addressing the issues they raise. It begins with respecting law and imposing order. --Jeff Silverman

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

But he's served his time. His punishment is supposed to put him back in good standing with society.

Also, the NFL is a football league not a morals league. Their job is to get the best football players on the planet to ply their trade in their company. Live and let live. If you committed a crime and served your time, you would ask society to leave you alone that you paid your debt and you should be allowed to live as normal a life as the next guy.

But he's served his time. His punishment is supposed to put him back in good standing with society.

Also, the NFL is a football league not a morals league. Their job is to get the best football players on the planet to ply their trade in their company. Live and let live. If you committed a crime and served your time, you would ask society to leave you alone that you paid your debt and you should be allowed to live as normal a life as the next guy.

We shall then agree to disagree. 12io4j2w90

If they have a rule against felons, I don't t hink it is being enforced. This book is about 10 years old, but look at the description:

http://www.amazon.com/Pros-Cons-Criminals-Who-Play/dp/0446607479

Amazon.com Review
Startling in its breadth, Benedict and Yaeger's investigation into the off-the-field violence and criminal behavior that pervades the culture of professional football is as eye opening as it is disturbing. That these guys get into trouble is nothing new, but when their offenses are collected in one place--with mug shots, court records, police reports, and interviews with arresting officers--the effect is as surreal as the statistics: 21 percent of the NFL's players have been charged with a serious crime.
How serious? The docket begins with assault, rape, and domestic violence and keeps spiraling out of control. These are not just blind allegations; the authors name names and match felonies to players. Some of the better-known examples: Cornelius Bennett--rape and sexual assault; Cortez Kennedy--domestic violence; Michael Irvin--cocaine and marijuana possession; Nate Newton--sexual assault; Warren Moon--domestic violence; Jake Plummer--sexual abuse; Andre Rison--aggravated assault; Bruce Smith--driving under the influence; and Deion Sanders--aggravated assault, disorderly convict, trespassing, and battery.

Yet, as disturbing as the names and numbers are, Benedict and Yaeger's contention, backed by exhaustive research, is even worse: the league pretty much looks away, tacitly condoning the havoc caused by these overpaid, coddled men-children, whose very propensity for unchecked mayhem fills stadiums on Sunday. But, then, in the NFL's view of things, football is the law. Make no mistake about Pros and Cons though; as sensational as much of it is, this is a serious work with serious footnotes compiled by serious journalists, who, in the end, do something the game's establishment has avoided: they offer a detailed "Game Plan" for addressing the issues they raise. It begins with respecting law and imposing order. --Jeff Silverman

Very interesting - and spot on, sadly.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

We shall then agree to disagree. 12io4j2w90

Its not about disagreeing. Why do you feel that the governments punishment on Vick's case is wrong? Do you think he should serve 20 years? Do you think he should be given the death penalty? What's your problem with the punishment the govt handed down?

Tuckman

Uh Poster

That he would play in the NFL again. So far TT is still winning the bet. But the clock is ticking. I heard Jerry Jones sent a limo over to get him to the half-way house.

is there a time limit? 2011/2012?

tripp

EOG Master

True, TF - but it doesn't make it right.

How is it not right? He served his time and that makes up for what he did. He did something wrong, served his punishment and now is able to move on with his life. What is not right about that?

Any sports league would be completely stupid to ban convicted felons. If he served his time he would be allow to play, simple as that. They would be losing talent and that's not in their best interest.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Screw Vick

I hope Jack Tatum comes out of retirement for what he did to those
dogs

That is reason #1 why I hate Sarah Palin with a passion

You harm animals ... YOU ARE A LOWLIFE SCUM ASS WHO CAN ROT
IN HELL

"he served his time is bullshit ..."

He is an asshole of the worse kind ...

driver8

EOG Addicted

It's funny how a lot of people get so much more charged up about Vick, than they do about all the other crap that goes on in the world.

You'd think Vick invented animal abuse and dog fighting.

texansfan

EOG Master

It's funny how a lot of people get so much more charged up about Vick, than they do about all the other crap that goes on in the world.

You'd think Vick invented animal abuse and dog fighting.

Does it excuse his behavior? People like Vick are cowards. People who abuse children, the elderly, or animals imo are cowards because they do harm to those who can't defend themselves.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Great "excuse"

Vick knew what he was doing when those animals were screaming and
begging for their lifes

I pray Vick has a "bounty" out on his ass when he retuns and he becomes
the next Stingley

Fuck him and anyone that thinks this POS is deserving of a 2nd chance

HE ABUSED AND KILLED INNOCENT ANIMALS .... I GUESS HITLER SHOULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN A 2ND CHANCE SINCE HE GOT THE CONCEPT FOR JEW PERSECUTION FROM THE CATHOLIC CHURCH DURING THE 1200s

driver8

EOG Addicted

Does it excuse his behavior? People like Vick are cowards. People who abuse children, the elderly, or animals imo are cowards because they do harm to those who can't defend themselves.

No argument here about Vick being a coward. He was however, convicted and punished for his crimes, more severely, I think, than anyone else who has ever been involved in dog fighting or other like crimes.

konck

EOG Veteran

Im hiding my dog and not letting him outside ever

texansfan

EOG Master

No argument here about Vick being a coward. He was however, convicted and punished for his crimes, more severely, I think, than anyone else who has ever been involved in dog fighting or other like crimes.

Yeah, well, I will agree that if a no name was caught the sentence probably wouldn't have been as severe. Of course, Vick had such an elaborate setup and was crossing state lines that made it a federal case.

I hope someone puts some angry pit bulls at his house to greet him :devil:

I don't. He's already done enough to contribute to the negative stereotypes associated with Pits. I'll rip him to shreds myself. Let me at him. I could use a tougher image. :devil:

driver8

EOG Addicted

Yeah, well, I will agree that if a no name was caught the sentence probably wouldn't have been as severe. Of course, Vick had such an elaborate setup and was crossing state lines that made it a federal case.

Not even sayin' he didn't get what he deserved. But there's plenty of others involved in similar behavior and it's a non issue. Vick did pay for his crimes but that's still not enough for many.

America was once once a country that believed in second chances. Although many will profess that they want ex-offenders to reintegrate to society and become productive and law-abiding members, the hysterical drumbeat which calls for continued punishment after an offenders debt has been paid contradicts such lip-service. What is the net gain benefit to society to prohibit former felons from gainful employment? If we really just want another pound of flesh, let's be honest and elect people that will enhance sentences across the board--although who will pay for the necessary additional prison space is "to be determined."
It is important to comprehend that over 95% of current inmates will be released at some point. It is the height of hypocrisy to preach about the benefits of paying one's debt to society and transitioning to a productive, tax-paying member of society, while at the same time calling for ever more-punitive measures which serve only to prohibit ex-offenders from whatever employment they can stumble onto.
The short version is this: if you wanted Vick to suffer more punishment, you should've voted for people who preach about ratcheting up criminal sentences, rather than throw rocks from the pack about his choice of post-incarceration employment. Believe me, in every election--from county dogcatcher to President of the United States, there is a demagogue candidate playing to the mouth-breathers with his schtick about being "tuff on crime."

Excited to see this guy back on the field. Could definitely use him on the Jets if they aren't going to move up and draft either Stafford or Sanchez.

Figures a fucking New York fan would say that. :doh1

What's with the hate for Vick people?

Maybe the fact that he's a spineless, worthless, sack of shit with not one shred of compassion.

He did his time and should be allowed back into the league, it's that simple.

Normal ex-cons can barely get a job at McDonalds and the NFL should pay this guy millions?

I look forward to seeing him back on the field and electrifying the game again.

Oh, I get it, you're not talking about the same guy.:LMAO

GM's know this guy WILL fill seats, so he WILL be playing in the NFL again very shortly.

No decent man will hire him for his team.

driver8

EOG Addicted

It's cool to forgive, just not easy sometimes.

I'll chime in here even though your not asking me...cuz I do that.

I don't think any of the punishemnts for animal cruelty are harsh enough. Not even close. The goverment made mistakes way back when these laws were written, not just now.

Vick knew what he was getting into when he came into the NFL. Like it or not, kids are going to look up to you. Don't tell me you didn't have sports heros as a kid.

I just don't think this guy ever deserves to be making millions of dollars a year again. He had his chance and he blew it.